PDA

View Full Version : The "Whatever Thread"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

Tempete8
10-30-12, 01:27 PM
I can't wait to get ALOT Of candy.

shakiba
10-30-12, 02:02 PM
Have to take my younger sister for trick-or-treat, which I'm glad, since it makes up an excuse to go get some free candy. The best part of halloween. Candy!! Hopefully, it doesn't rain though. I hate how the whole week is nice and warm, but when it's halloween, it gets freezking cold and rainy. Or.. some random hurricane comes by.

pinkster73
10-30-12, 02:45 PM
Have to take my younger sister for trick-or-treat, which I'm glad, since it makes up an excuse to go get some free candy. The best part of halloween. Candy!! Hopefully, it doesn't rain though. I hate how the whole week is nice and warm, but when it's halloween, it gets freezking cold and rainy. Or.. some random hurricane comes by.

Darn hurricanes, always coming by and wrecking trick or treating.

pinkster73
10-31-12, 07:12 AM
I found my Halloween candy. Turns out my son moved it to hide it from my daughter. So it really wasnt where i put it, im not losing my mind.

Im excited to see the super cute little kids all dressed up and confused.

pinkster73
10-31-12, 07:42 AM
Be VERY afraid wa ah ah

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1351694340102.jpg

Branston73
10-31-12, 08:18 AM
Be VERY afraid wa ah ah

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1351694340102.jpg

Awww They are so cute!... :-)

lylahmae
10-31-12, 09:55 AM
Happy anniversary whatever thread! Happy Halloween everyone!

pinkster73
10-31-12, 09:59 AM
Happy anniversary whatever thread! Happy Halloween everyone!

Oh wow! It IS the whatever threads anniversary! This calls for a picture!

kattybell
10-31-12, 10:01 AM
Your cats look so cute :)

pinkster73
10-31-12, 10:34 AM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1351704695810.jpg

pinkster73
10-31-12, 10:35 AM
Your cats look so cute :)

No they're SCARY!

pinkster73
11-01-12, 06:50 AM
Lesson of the day: febreeze does NOT **** spiders.

kattybell
11-01-12, 06:56 AM
I had an wasp in my bathroom, ****ed it with hairspray... and yes the cats are scary :o

pinkster73
11-01-12, 07:48 AM
I had an wasp in my bathroom, ****ed it with hairspray... and yes the cats are scary :o

Oooooh hairspray! Didn't think of that.

greygull
11-01-12, 09:37 AM
Oooooh hairspray! Didn't think of that.

Hint for pinkster - if you would eat/drink it, or it smells pretty, don't try to **** things with it :)

Bleach sprays **** just about everything. Lemon grass oil ****s ants on contact, because bleach only slows them down for a bit. Mice hate mint, you can try growing some around the areas they might get in your house. Peroxide or vinegar mixed with water (1 to 8 I think) helps keep flies away from outside picnics.

kattybell
11-01-12, 09:43 AM
Bleach sprays **** just about everything. Lemon grass oil ****s ants on contact, because bleach only slows them down for a bit. Mice hate mint, you can try growing some around the areas they might get in your house. Peroxide or vinegar mixed with water (1 to 8 I think) helps keep flies away from outside picnics.

Good advice!

sourlicorice5
11-01-12, 09:53 AM
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/dangit1234/3f9f6e84122cb52a345508ef3d9638b2.jpg

My new baby niece born October 31st :-) I'm an aunt for the first time and soo excited about it :-)

My sister is going to make a great mom :-)

kattybell
11-01-12, 09:56 AM
My new baby niece born October 31st :-) I'm an aunt for the first time and soo excited about it :-)

Congratulations!

greygull
11-01-12, 09:57 AM
She's adorable! And her eyes are open so much - that's so cute!

lylahmae
11-01-12, 11:36 AM

See everyone Halloween is not evil! She is perfect!

Branston73
11-01-12, 11:41 AM
Awww! How Cute. :-)

pinkster73
11-01-12, 11:51 AM
Awww. I want a baby now. For 15 minutes :p

Congrats!

kooky panda
11-01-12, 12:32 PM
Awww. I want a baby now. For 15 minutes :p

Congrats!
When you have the mom urge stike, get a puppy!! That is what I do. lol

Tempete8
11-01-12, 12:40 PM
I've noticed a lot 20 year olds having kids.

pinkster73
11-01-12, 01:10 PM
When you have the mom urge stike, get a puppy!! That is what I do. lol

I'm working on it. I want an older rescue greyhound. But this is one thing i think the hubby will notice when hes here.

pinkster73
11-01-12, 01:10 PM

I was 21.

kooky panda
11-01-12, 01:45 PM
I'm working on it. I want an older rescue greyhound. But this is one thing i think the hubby will notice when hes here.

Slightly bigger than a kitty!!

shakiba
11-01-12, 01:49 PM
Um, I know I'm late and all but... Happy Anniversary Whatever Thead.

Ok back to topic.. uh babies???

Tempete8
11-01-12, 02:02 PM
I was 21.

At least you was an adult though lol. I want kids but I can wait I need to make a whole lotta money first with my career.

pinkster73
11-01-12, 02:53 PM
Um, I know I'm late and all but... Happy Anniversary Whatever Thead.

Ok back to topic.. uh babies???

Babies, dogs, spiders, febreeze, puppies, careers........

greygull
11-01-12, 03:28 PM

My son was born 11 days before my 21st birthday ;)

Babies, dogs, spiders, febreeze, puppies, careers........

I gave you some tips for some of these on the page before this lol

sourlicorice5
11-01-12, 04:10 PM
Thanks everyone :)

pinkster73
11-01-12, 04:13 PM
My son was born 11 days before my 21st birthday ;)

I gave you some tips for some of these on the page before this lol

I saw that, thank you. I put RAID on the grocery list. The febreeze was just an emergency idea. A bad idea.

greygull
11-01-12, 05:01 PM
I saw that, thank you. I put RAID on the grocery list. The febreeze was just an emergency idea. A bad idea.

Also, if you go to a home improvement type store, maybe check for something that uses natural ingredients - they typically don't smell as bad.

pinkster73
11-01-12, 06:15 PM
Also, if you go to a home improvement type store, maybe check for something that uses natural ingredients - they typically don't smell as bad.

They smell like febreeze? Ha ha

greygull
11-01-12, 06:18 PM
They smell like febreeze? Ha ha

Well, maybe not febreeze, but not like death in a spray can at least (plus, they won't poison you at the same time)

retro71
11-01-12, 06:37 PM
Tobacco products that have been soaked in water are awesome pesticides. Tobacco tea, if you will. Once the mixture hits the bug the paralysis starts.

I've steeped a good solid blend of both cigarette leftovers or chewing tobacco and carefully poured the mix over an ant colony displacement in the crack of the sidewalk after a rain. It's almost instananeous, if your mix is potent enough.

You should consult your local tobacco-using farm expert for the details. ;-)

howdy2you
11-01-12, 08:14 PM
So all those butts are good do something. Pinkster can add some fabreeze to give it that fresh smell.

sourlicorice5
11-01-12, 09:56 PM
Tobacco products that have been soaked in water are awesome pesticides. Tobacco tea, if you will. Once the mixture hits the bug the paralysis starts.

I've steeped a good solid blend of both cigarette leftovers or chewing tobacco and carefully poured the mix over an ant colony displacement in the crack of the sidewalk after a rain. It's almost instananeous, if your mix is potent enough.

That's what the vet told me to use for the bird I used to have to **** the bird lice on it's head. To coca soaked in hot water. Worked like a charm.

sourlicorice5
11-01-12, 09:58 PM
That's what the vet told me to use for the bird I used to have to **** the bird lice on it's head. Tobacco soaked in hot water and apply with a que tip. Worked like a charm.

Edited........

Tempete8
11-01-12, 10:58 PM
SourL you always making mistakes in your messages lol

sourlicorice5
11-02-12, 04:32 AM
SourL you always making mistakes in your messages lol

It's the stupid autocorrect when I hit the wrong key lol. Drives me mad plus last post I typed this morning in a hurry as I had to go to work.

pinkster73
11-02-12, 06:59 AM

But i dont want paralysis, i want death. Preferably smashed. The febreeze thing was for a spider in a crevice.

Disclaimer: i only **** spiders. All other bugs are scooped up and returned to the great outside.

pinkster73
11-02-12, 07:18 AM
My niece who is special needs said to me yesterday 'Aunty pinkster (except she used my name), I wish you would die.' She sometimes says some strange things so i just said 'oh ok. Lets go to the bus now.' Then i found out last night from my sister that my niece had learned about heaven yesterday and how it's a great place and all that. So my niece was actually complimenting me. Cute.

Branston73
11-02-12, 07:27 AM
Awww Bless her! :-)

retro71
11-02-12, 08:33 AM
But i dont want paralysis, i want death. Preferably smashed. The febreeze thing was for a spider in a crevice.

In that case I would recommend using the carton! ;-P

lylahmae
11-02-12, 12:14 PM
My niece who is special needs said to me yesterday 'Aunty pinkster (except she used my name), I wish you would die.' She sometimes says some strange things so i just said 'oh ok. Lets go to the bus now.' Then i found out last night from my sister that my niece had learned about heaven yesterday and how it's a great place and all that. So my niece was actually complimenting me. Cute.
Oh that is so cute!

sourlicorice5
11-02-12, 06:21 PM
Hmpph I posted the picture of my sisters baby (my niece :) ) here, told my nbrs on my games, and got lots of congrats etc here and on there. Posted the news (along with a picture) on Facebook the same time I did here and havent had even one reply. My friends have been on as they have been busy posting their own stuff. kinda disappointed I havent gotten any response from my friends back home.

Tempete8
11-02-12, 06:49 PM
Hmpph I posted the picture of my sisters baby (my niece :) ) here, told my nbrs on my games, and got lots of congrats etc here and on there. Posted the news (along with a picture) on Facebook the same time I did here and havent had even one reply. My friends have been on as they have been busy posting their own stuff. kinda disappointed I havent gotten any response from my friends back home.

Don't be hurt just know we all love you here. And not your friends on "You Know What" ( I don't like that social site so therefore I don't say it :) )

sterlingempire
11-02-12, 07:01 PM

Omg I hate it when that happens. You see people checking their cell phones on facebook every five minutes, but what is the point if you dont even say anything when someone posts something!

sourlicorice5
11-02-12, 07:42 PM
I know. I'm beginning to wonder what the point of Facebook is if you're not going to reply to posts. I guess I should be used to it. When I do occasionally get replies it's just a few. Not that friends should reply to every single thing that friends post but an announcement that my sister had a baby girl and is a mother now and I'm an aunt. I thought I would have definitely got replies to that. Instead my friends are replying to posts about funny pictures their other friends have posted, links to articles about shoppers drug mart turning off their Xmas music cause people complained it was too early (which it is). Guess I'm just disappointed in my friends back home right now.

Thanks tempete, you're sweet and I appreciate it :-)

Tempete8
11-02-12, 08:23 PM
I know. I'm beginning to wonder what the point of Facebook is if you're not going to reply to posts. I guess I should be used to it. When I do occasionally get replies it's just a few. Not that friends should reply to every single thing that friends post but an announcement that my sister had a baby girl and is a mother now and I'm an aunt. I thought I would have definitely got replies to that. Instead my friends are replying to posts about funny pictures their other friends have posted, links to articles about shoppers drug mart turning off their Xmas music cause people complained it was too early (which it is). Guess I'm just disappointed in my friends back home right now.

Thanks tempete, you're sweet and I appreciate it :-)
* HUGS* Your Welcome and thankyou :) , I've always hated that site when it became what it became.

sourlicorice5
11-02-12, 09:47 PM
* HUGS* Your Welcome and thankyou :) , I've always hated that site when it became what it became.

I liked it cause it was an easy way to share my pictures/messages as sending them through hotmail was just so slow. Plus I on Facebook I don't have to click on all the addresses. If my friends what to look at them than they can. But now I'm thinking why bother. I may close my Facebook down or just might not check into it very often.

People on here, who don't even know me personally are very caring at least. Hugs to everyone ;-)

sourlicorice5
11-02-12, 10:19 PM
Lol wonder if I'll get any responses now :p

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/dangit1234/da4f75062d96f3b9199a7c713639a16b.jpg

greygull
11-03-12, 09:15 AM
Lol wonder if I'll get any responses now :p

If I had a Facebook account, I would "like" it lol

Again, congrats to you and your sister!

shakiba
11-03-12, 09:18 AM
Aww thats the baby u were talking about sourlicorice? Soo cute, and I can't believe the baby was born on Halloween. Special baby.

sourlicorice5
11-03-12, 10:12 AM
If I had a Facebook account, I would "like" it lol

Again, congrats to you and your sister!

Lol I already did like the picture of my niece :p

And thx again to u, shakiba and everyone else on here who posted. You guys are the best :)

I still haven't had any replies on Facebook. Now I'm trying to think of a real sarcastic response that will grab there attention lol. They have been on as I've seen posts they have posted or replied to from other friends. Maybe it's just me making a mountain out of a mole hill. I just thought my friends back home would have replied. I was so excited to share the news and now I'm just dissappointed in them.

pinkster73
11-03-12, 10:13 AM
Don't despair sourlicorice, facebook sucks. Its a place for people to talk about their favorite subject: themselves.

pinkster73
11-03-12, 10:16 AM
Facebook declined my 5 appeals to change my name to my name from pinkster because i have to use my REAL name. Say what? They wanted me to send them a copy of my marriage certificate. Ya ok.

shakiba
11-03-12, 10:19 AM
Don't despair sourlicorice, facebook sucks. Its a place for people to talk about their favorite subject: themselves.

Agreed, and that's why I don't have one. :)

Don't be sad sourlicorice, it's supposed to be a happy moment for you.

shakiba
11-03-12, 10:20 AM
Facebook declined my 5 appeals to change my name to my name from pinkster because i have to use my REAL name. Say what? They wanted me to send them a copy of my marriage certificate. Ya ok.

LOL, you're kidding about the wedding certificate, right?

pinkster73
11-03-12, 10:26 AM
LOL, you're kidding about the wedding certificate, right?

Nope. Im not.

shakiba
11-03-12, 10:33 AM
Nope. Im not.

One word to that... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

sourlicorice5
11-03-12, 10:49 AM

Are you trying to say I like to talk about myself lol:p

sourlicorice5
11-03-12, 10:53 AM
Agreed, and that's why I don't have one. :)

Don't be sad sourlicorice, it's supposed to be a happy moment for you.

I'm not sad. I'm happy I'm an auntie. Lol it's just I seldom post on Facebook as it is and when I do don't get many replies if any but never cared as the posts weren't of any importance. Was just so excited to share this piece of news and was hoping to get replies on it. Ah well it is what it is, next time I'll just send an email lol.

sourlicorice5
11-03-12, 10:56 AM

Wow, that sounds dumb to have to send your marriage certificate to change your name on Facebook.

Tempete8
11-03-12, 11:13 AM
Oh yeah the baby has the same b-day month as me. That makes her super super cute ha.

sourlicorice5
11-03-12, 11:23 AM
Oh yeah the baby has the same b-day month as me. That makes her super super cute ha.

Well happy belated birthday :-) hugs :)

shakiba
11-03-12, 12:32 PM
I'm not sad. I'm happy I'm an auntie. Lol it's just I seldom post on Facebook as it is and when I do don't get many replies if any but never cared as the posts weren't of any importance. Was just so excited to share this piece of news and was hoping to get replies on it. Ah well it is what it is, next time I'll just send an email lol.

Glad to hear you're happy. :)

lylahmae
11-03-12, 06:20 PM
People on here, who don't even know me personally are very caring at least. Hugs to everyone ;-)

I do not have Facebook because I think it is creepy for people to want to know that much about you. Slot of what you get is oversharing and ridiculous. But I agree with this everyone here is great, and we don't even really know each other personally.

sourlicorice5
11-03-12, 06:34 PM
I do not have Facebook because I think it is creepy for people to want to know that much about you. Slot of what you get is oversharing and ridiculous. But I agree with this everyone here is great, and we don't even really know each other personally.

Nothing wrong with family and friends wanting to know. Not everyone can see your Facebook page if you set it to the right setting. Only my friends and family who are friends with me on it can see my page as I have it set that way. Someone who is friends with me on it would just get my profile picture and name. They wouldn't see anything else.

sourlicorice5
11-03-12, 06:47 PM
Nothing wrong with family and friends wanting to know. Not everyone can see your Facebook page if you set it to the right setting. Only my friends and family who are friends with me on it can see my page as I have it set that way. Someone who is not friends with me on it would just get my profile picture and name. They wouldn't see anything else.

edited.....

howdy2you
11-03-12, 07:34 PM
I don't like face book but I do love babies and she is perfect. Your going to be a wonderful aunt. Lots of gum!

pinkster73
11-03-12, 09:03 PM
My sister posted a picture of ME on facebook that SHE took showing my awesome talent of being able to balance a full and open bottle of beer on my head while walking around. Im not happy about it. Its not a picture of myself i would have posted.

sourlicorice5
11-03-12, 10:50 PM
My sister posted a picture of ME on facebook that SHE took showing my awesome talent of being able to balance a full and open bottle of beer on my head while walking around. Im not happy about it. Its not a picture of myself i would have posted.

You can always request her to take it down. My cousins wife asked me to remove a picture of her she didn't like before. I wasn't offended though I thought the picture was nice myself lol. Course she wasn't balancing a beer bottle on her head lol. She just didn't like the angle of the picture. I think it was just a vanity thing on her part lol. But yeah I can understand not wanting certain pictures posted. I don't think I'd want one of me like that posted on Facebook either.

greygull
11-03-12, 11:25 PM
My mom posted a pic of me, hubby, and the kids, as her profile pic. She sent me an invite to join Facebook, which I happen to see right away. I don't think she liked the phone call she got - I started yelling at her. She thought it was a nice picture (it was), but profile pics may be seen by more people then just friends and family I believe. It was her first time "social networking", her cousins husband had invited her just a couple of days before. So I had to explain the rules of networking - including not to post MY pics as her profile pic. She hasn't done it since ;)

Baraze
11-04-12, 12:05 AM

Why Pinkster, you are right to be offended, THAT belongs on YouTube with some rock music playing in the background.

My niece put a pic of me when I was 14 on Facebook, knowing I'd be appalled by my mass of curls and hockey jersey (tomboy phase) being seen by the masses. I just get lololololololol's when I ask her to take it down.

sterlingempire
11-04-12, 05:58 AM

That happened to me on Google+. I am from India, so my name is different than the American names (not entirely, I know Americans with my name). Google told me they didn't like my name so they banned me. They asked me to show my marriage certificate (im a teenager...) and my passport (ya right). Not happening Google, your lame social networking site isn't worth all the trouble.

sterlingempire
11-04-12, 06:09 AM
I bet it's just another attempt at Google trying to suck up my info. As it is, they can read all of my emails, my searches, my youtube videos, what I translate, my browsing history, my school documents (since I use Google Drive), where I live, where my friends live, where I am going, who I talk to, etc. so now they want to know who I am married to so they can show me ads of online dating sites and singles cruises. I doubt they want to know all of this JUST for advertisements.

Another huge invasion of privacy is Google Earth. While it is really cool, it can show people where you live and if you are outside, it will show a picture of you, the clothes you where, what you are doing outside. The thing is if you want your house/you/your family removed, you have to reach out to them and tell them. It should really be the other way around - they should ask for your permission instead of first going ahead and launching a satellite into space and then making everyone line up to remove their stuff. Just because they are rich doesn't give them the right to develop technology that invades our privacy. What if someone doesn't own a computer but their family is outside on Google Earth? What if their "state-of-the-art" license plate blurring program fails and you can't afford stamps? Well sucks for you! Google doesn't care, they are already rich!

pinkster73
11-04-12, 08:21 AM
OMG look!

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39085-Not-funny

queentina3
11-06-12, 11:52 AM
It's official, my 12 yr old has no taste buds. He's making himself a Bologna and KETCHUP sandwich. NASTY! Nothing but MUSTARD belongs with Bologna. UGH!

pinkster73
11-06-12, 11:57 AM
It's official, my 12 yr old has no taste buds. He's making himself a Bologna and KETCHUP sandwich. NASTY! Nothing but MUSTARD belongs with Bologna. UGH!

That makes me want to puke. I cant even eat bologna, nevermind with ketchup. Ewwww

greygull
11-06-12, 12:06 PM

He needs my sons old shirt (soon to be my daughters shirt) - "I put ketchup on my ketchup"

queentina3
11-06-12, 12:36 PM
That makes me want to puke. I cant even eat bologna, nevermind with ketchup. Ewwww

Same. I was going to make myself and my 10 yr old a sandwich when he started making his, then we both decided to wait as our stomachs couldn't take it.

He needs my sons old shirt (soon to be my daughters shirt) - "I put ketchup on my ketchup"

LOL!!! He's KETCHUP obsessed. He even makes himself, as a snack sometimes, a KETCHUP and BREAD sandwich. NOTHING else, just KETCHUP and BREAD! He's insane!!!!!!!!!!!

lylahmae
11-06-12, 05:10 PM
LOL!!! He's KETCHUP obsessed. He even makes himself, as a snack sometimes, a KETCHUP and BREAD sandwich. NOTHING else, just KETCHUP and BREAD! He's insane!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend keeps a bottle of ketchup in her purse, a small glass bottle (she accidentally broke packets a couple of times and she ruined a $300 purse).

pinkster73
11-06-12, 05:12 PM
My friend keeps a bottle of ketchup in her purse, a small glass bottle (she accidentally broke packets a couple of times and she ruined a $300 purse).

Wow. I have no words.

sterlingempire
11-06-12, 06:44 PM

Take it, replace it with mustard, and see what she does when she notices.

kooky panda
11-06-12, 07:19 PM
Take it, replace it with mustard, and see what she does when she notices.
Add a little dye to make the mustard look red!!! LOL

queentina3
11-06-12, 07:24 PM
That is just too cruel!

I actually did something like that to my mother when I was younger. It was when stores like Shaw's, Stop & Shop and etc started coming out with their own brands but really they were just NAME BRANDS replaced with the store brand name but cheaper. She always insisted on only buying a certain brand name bread, even though Shaw's brand WAS that name brand bread. So, I purchased the Shaw's bread, replaced the bread in her brand name package with the Shaw's one, and she never noticed the difference. I let her eat the whole loaf before I told her. She didn't believe me at all that I had changed them, until my Dad agreed and said he watched me do it and was laughing the whole time.

Now that she's older and my father is retired, she has no problem buying those store brand items. Go figure. :rolleyes:

pinkster73
11-06-12, 07:32 PM
I buy the cheaper store brand of some things like paper towels, breads, juice, pop. But some things HAVE to be the name brand. Purex toilet paper, Heinz ketchup. Most stuff i dont care, but some i do.

queentina3
11-06-12, 07:42 PM
I buy the cheaper store brand of some things like paper towels, breads, juice, pop. But some things HAVE to be the name brand. Purex toilet paper, Heinz ketchup. Most stuff i dont care, but some i do.

I have to have Charmin toilet paper, nothing else will do! I hate it when I have to go to the bathroom at either of the boys schools as then I'm stuck with that awful sandpaper type of toilet paper! I agree on the Ketchup as well, has to be Heinz! :p

greygull
11-06-12, 08:30 PM
I have to have Charmin toilet paper, nothing else will do! I hate it when I have to go to the bathroom at either of the boys schools as then I'm stuck with that awful sandpaper type of toilet paper! I agree on the Ketchup as well, has to be Heinz! :p

Charming all the way lol!

pinkster73
11-06-12, 08:32 PM
Ha ha GG's toilet paper is charming.

queentina3
11-06-12, 08:35 PM

Sad I know, but I've never heard of Purex Toilet Paper. Now I have heard of Purex Laundry Detergent, even though I'm a TIDE girl all the way. Are you wiping your bottom with Laundry Detergent pinkster? :p

greygull
11-06-12, 08:39 PM

Gotta love autocorrect ;)

And I agree with Queentina - Purex TP?

queentina3
11-06-12, 08:40 PM
LMAO, OMG soooo LMAO!!! I just googled Purex for curiousity sake, and this is what Wiki, one of the first links, came up with. I'm dying from laughter here. This is what you use for toilet paper pinkster? J/K!!!!

"PUREX is an acronym standing for Plutonium - URanium EXtraction ? de facto standard aqueous nuclear reprocessing method for the recovery of uranium and plutonium from used nuclear fuel. It is based on liquid-liquid extraction ion-exchange."

RealFarmer1222
11-06-12, 08:44 PM
LMAO, OMG soooo LMAO!!! I just googled Purex for curiousity sake, and this is what Wiki, one of the first links, came up with. I'm dying from laughter here. This is what you use for toilet paper pinkster? J/K!!!!

"PUREX is an acronym standing for Plutonium - URanium EXtraction ? de facto standard aqueous nuclear reprocessing method for the recovery of uranium and plutonium from used nuclear fuel. It is based on liquid-liquid extraction ion-exchange."

mmmmm....pinkster heine must glow in the dark!!!!

queentina3
11-06-12, 08:58 PM
mmmmm....pinkster heine must glow in the dark!!!!

And if she gets a bit gassy she could blow up half the planet. hehehehe

pinkster73
11-06-12, 09:02 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/products_pink.png

howdy2you
11-06-12, 09:12 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/products_pink.png

How lovely!

pinkster73
11-06-12, 09:14 PM
I probably bought it the first time because it was pink. And can extract plutonium and uranium.

queentina3
11-06-12, 09:20 PM
I probably bought it the first time because it was pink. And can extract plutonium and uranium.

Well............................At least you're contributing to the breast cancer fund. Just think of Charmin as a DARK PINK instead of Red. :p

lylahmae
11-07-12, 12:12 AM
Myself I like Scott extra soft, and I agree some things must be name brand (and I get 10% off the store brand) although there are a few items where the store brand is better imo. The company I work for owns lots of It's own manufacturing plants and the stuff from those tends to be better than the national brand. In the USA we do have purex laundry soap but it gives me a rash, I use seventh generation because most scented stuff makes me itchy and my well water doesn't agree with unscented.

queentina3
11-07-12, 07:25 AM
Here is my "whatever" for the day.

I'm tired and cranky. I couldn't sleep last night. Went to bed around 12-1230a and woke up around 1:30a. Went back to sleep and then woke up around 230a. I tried to fall back to sleep but it wasn't working, so came downstairs and fooled around in Clue on my computer. Then I went and showered, woke up my 12 yr old, made coffee, woke up the hubby, watched them both leave for school and RI, then woke up the 10 yr old, then had peace. I still can't fall back asleep though, even though I'm tired and cranky.

Not to mention my 10 yr old wanted to wear shorts today, when it feels like 20F outside and we are due for snow to start falling around 3p. Arguing these points with him gave me a head-ache to go on top of my tired and cranky body.

I just want to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RealFarmer1222
11-07-12, 07:31 AM
Most of the 'off-brand' stuff you get at Aldi's is pretty good, especially their produce.

Pop is the one thing I have to have a name brand, even if it is Faygo.

pinkster73
11-07-12, 08:02 AM
Most of the 'off-brand' stuff you get at Aldi's is pretty good, especially their produce.

Pop is the one thing I have to have a name brand, even if it is Faygo.

I actually like the store name pop. It tends to taste less sweet then real sprite or gingerale.

pinkster73
11-07-12, 08:05 AM
Here is my "whatever" for the day.

I'm tired and cranky. I couldn't sleep last night. Went to bed around 12-1230a and woke up around 1:30a. Went back to sleep and then woke up around 230a. I tried to fall back to sleep but it wasn't working, so came downstairs and fooled around in Clue on my computer. Then I went and showered, woke up my 12 yr old, made coffee, woke up the hubby, watched them both leave for school and RI, then woke up the 10 yr old, then had peace. I still can't fall back asleep though, even though I'm tired and cranky.

Not to mention my 10 yr old wanted to wear shorts today, when it feels like 20F outside and we are due for snow to start falling around 3p. Arguing these points with him gave me a head-ache to go on top of my tired and cranky body.

I just want to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My kids are at the age now where they are too cool to wear winter jackets and hats etc. Ive given up. I supply them with all the proper winterwear and if they choose to freeze then so be it. Soon you can do that. Age ten i still forced them, age 14 freeze.

queentina3
11-07-12, 08:11 AM
My kids are at the age now where they are too cool to wear winter jackets and hats etc. Ive given up. I supply them with all the proper winterwear and if they choose to freeze then so be it. Soon you can do that. Age ten i still forced them, age 14 freeze.

I actually did that with my 12 yr old this AM. I told him to bring his gloves and winter hat as it was really cold this AM and would be on the bus ride home. He just blew me off, put on his baseball hat, and walked out the door rolling his eyes at me. The hubby just laughed and followed him out to warm up his truck. :rolleyes:

The hubby wasn't much better. Moron left this AM without a jacket and he's SUPPOSED to be driving back from RI tonight. Yeah, let us see how funny he thinks it is when he's driving home in freezing rain/heavy wet snow and gets stuck in traffic, or gosh forbid an accident, and has nothing warm on. It's a 2 1/2 hour ride home and the whole way is supposed to be horrible weather wise compared to the time he'll be leaving. He'll be lucky to make it half-way home (my parents house) before he pulls over and just spends the night there instead. :rolleyes:

pinkster73
11-07-12, 08:22 AM
I actually did that with my 12 yr old this AM. I told him to bring his gloves and winter hat as it was really cold this AM and would be on the bus ride home. He just blew me off, put on his baseball hat, and walked out the door rolling his eyes at me. The hubby just laughed and followed him out to warm up his truck. :rolleyes:

The hubby wasn't much better. Moron left this AM without a jacket and he's SUPPOSED to be driving back from RI tonight. Yeah, let us see how funny he thinks it is when he's driving home in freezing rain/heavy wet snow and gets stuck in traffic, or gosh forbid an accident, and has nothing warm on. It's a 2 1/2 hour ride home and the whole way is supposed to be horrible weather wise compared to the time he'll be leaving. He'll be lucky to make it half-way home (my parents house) before he pulls over and just spends the night there instead. :rolleyes:

Here's what my helpless hubby did last time he left. (gone for a month this time). He texted me and said "i think you forgot a bunch of my clothes when you packed my suitcase this time". EXCUSE ME? Im supposed to pack? Its not enough i do all his laundry when he comes home? So what happened is i did all his laundry, folded it, and put it in the dresser. Then i folded whatever clothes were left in the suitcase so it looked nice. Then when he left he zipped up his suitcase and left with a weeks worth of clothes and is gone for a month. Not MY fault.

queentina3
11-07-12, 08:25 AM
Here's what my helpless hubby did last time he left. (gone for a month this time). He texted me and said "i think you forgot a bunch of my clothes when you packed my suitcase this time". EXCUSE ME? Im supposed to pack? Its not enough i do all his laundry when he comes home? So what happened is i did all his laundry, folded it, and put it in the dresser. Then i folded whatever clothes were left in the suitcase so it looked nice. Then when he left he zipped up his suitcase and left with a weeks worth of clothes and is gone for a month. Not MY fault.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! *tears*

kattybell
11-07-12, 08:25 AM

I had to laugh at this, no it wasn't your fault. I hope he learns from this. LOL.

howdy2you
11-07-12, 08:29 AM

The apple never falls far from the tree. My sons said " I did brush my teeth, you didn't say I had to use tooth paste." my husband says" Kaaaath.... Where are my boots?" I hid them ha ha. He thought they went into the closit by magic.

queentina3
11-07-12, 08:44 AM
The apple never falls far from the tree. My sons said " I did brush my teeth, you didn't say I had to use tooth paste." my husband says" Kaaaath.... Where are my boots?" I hid them ha ha. He thought they went into the closit by magic.

The hubby is ALWAYS losing his belts. He has 3 of them because he lost one and went and bought another one, then he lost that one and bought another one, then he found the other two. He still loses them, and complains to me that he can't find his belts. There is a hook for his belts in the downstairs bathroom (combo laundry room) and on the inside door on his side of the closet, but he NEVER uses them.

I keep telling him that by the time I get his pants to wash the belt is no longer on them so how the heck am I supposed to know where he left it this time? Oh, and this happens at least 3 times a week. :rolleyes:

sourlicorice5
11-07-12, 09:46 AM

I used to make those all the time when I was a kid. Haven't had me in years though. Don't knock it till you try it lol :p

sourlicorice5
11-07-12, 09:53 AM
I used to make those all the time when I was a kid. Haven't had me in years though. Don't knock it till you try it lol :p

Lol oops meant haven't had one in years. I gotta go to bed. My brain is fried :p

queentina3
11-07-12, 09:56 AM
Lol oops meant haven't had one in years. I gotta go to bed. My brain is fried :p

OMG, he said the SAME thing to me and my 10 yr old. "How can you say it's gross if you've never tried it, hmmmmm?" I told him just the thought of it makes me want to barf, nevermind actually TRYING it. LMAO!!!!

RealFarmer1222
11-07-12, 10:33 AM
I actually like the store name pop. It tends to taste less sweet then real sprite or gingerale.

I drink cola alot and the store brands all taste like mouthwash.

pinkster73
11-07-12, 11:08 AM
I drink cola alot and the store brands all taste like mouthwash.

You use diet gingerale flavored mouthwash?

queentina3
11-07-12, 02:28 PM
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel better now.

WHAT IN THE HECK HAS PHOTOBUCKET DONE TO ITSELF!

Ok, now I really feel better.

:p

This is the first time I've used photobucket in weeks and it's so different. I'm so lost and confused. I don't like it. :mad:

pinkster73
11-07-12, 02:31 PM
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel better now.

WHAT IN THE HECK HAS PHOTOBUCKET DONE TO ITSELF!

Ok, now I really feel better.

:p

This is the first time I've used photobucket in weeks and it's so different. I'm so lost and confused. I don't like it. :mad:

And it's also so slow now you can hit Load, then go have a shower while you wait.

RealFarmer1222
11-07-12, 02:44 PM
Yeah...I don't like the beta either.

I think there is an option for the 'classic' mode.

pinkster73
11-07-12, 02:58 PM
Are you guys using photobucket mobile? What are you talking about? Beta? Classic?

queentina3
11-07-12, 03:24 PM
I'm using it on the 'puter pinkster, I don't like using it on my iPad. It's easier to upload via itunes to my 'puter then upload to photobucket and do any cropping/editing I need from there.

kooky panda
11-07-12, 03:30 PM
I know Queen, Last night I jumped on photo bucket to upload some proof of something:p
and I hit all the changes.
That is what took me so long.

queentina3
11-07-12, 03:35 PM
*shivers*

If it stays like that I WON'T be copying any pics to put on the forum for weekly updates/goals/etc..........It took me quite awhile just to get that contest pic uploaded, moved to the correct folder for TL stuff, then attempting to find where they put the stupid IMG code. :rolleyes:

RealFarmer1222
11-07-12, 09:17 PM
Well, I dropped my Kindle and the only moving piece (the on/off button) won't work. I can still turn it on by plugging in the charger, But I may have to go to Geek Squad....

pinkster73
11-07-12, 09:35 PM
Well, I dropped my Kindle and the only moving piece (the on/off button) won't work. I can still turn it on by plugging in the charger, But I may have to go to Geek Squad....

Geeks are good. Did you try uninstalling then reinstalling the button?

queentina3
11-07-12, 09:52 PM
Geeks are good. Did you try uninstalling then reinstalling the button?

*snorts*

Good one.

Off to try to get sleep tonight. If it doesn't happen, expect me back in a few hours.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pinkster73
11-08-12, 08:04 AM
Oh yeah! Got this:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1352386822106.jpg

But theres a problem. It doesnt come with a person to remove the spider after being sprayed. I cant do it because it still looks like a spider.

howdy2you
11-08-12, 08:09 AM
Oh yeah! Got this:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1352386822106.jpg

But theres a problem. It doesnt come with a person to remove the spider after being sprayed. I cant do it because it still looks like a spider.

Offer your kids money to do it. The only draw back is then they think you got to pay them for picking up ther pants.

pinkster73
11-08-12, 08:26 AM
Offer your kids money to do it. The only draw back is then they think you got to pay them for picking up ther pants.

Ha ha last time i did laundry i picked up all the clothes on my sons floor, laundered them, then crumpled them back up and threw them on his floor. When he asked what was going on i said "oh i thought you liked your clothes there".

sourlicorice5
11-08-12, 09:10 AM
Ha ha last time i did laundry i picked up all the clothes on my sons floor, laundered them, then crumpled them back up and threw them on his floor. When he asked what was going on i said "oh i thought you liked your clothes there".

Ha ha that's hilarious. What was his response to that. :p

pinkster73
11-08-12, 09:42 AM
Ha ha that's hilarious. What was his response to that. :p

A face. He knew i got him.

queentina3
11-08-12, 09:58 AM
Great idea pinkster, I may just try that with my 12 yr old. It won't work with my 10 yr old as he wouldn't care, he'd just leave the clean ones all rumpled up and on the floor. :(

pinkster73
11-08-12, 10:22 AM
Great idea pinkster, I may just try that with my 12 yr old. It won't work with my 10 yr old as he wouldn't care, he'd just leave the clean ones all rumpled up and on the floor. :(

Clean clothes on the floor doesn't work at my house. As soon as it hits the floor it becomes a cat bed. So if you dont like wearing a cat bed to the mall, it gets picked up.

Tempete8
11-08-12, 01:47 PM
People say two year olds are the hardest to control, I'm kinda finding that true Thanks to my lil niece. But is it really true is Two Year olds the hardest to control?

pinkster73
11-08-12, 02:00 PM
People say two year olds are the hardest to control, I'm kinda finding that true Thanks to my lil niece. But is it really true is Two Year olds the hardest to control?

I wouldn't say it's the hardest, but its nuts.

Tempete8
11-08-12, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't say it's the hardest, but its nuts.

Yeah it is nuts it took me forever to put her to bed lastnight. What's the Secret to puting them to sleep?

sweetstuff525
11-08-12, 02:10 PM

It depends on each child ... When my daughter was 2 which turned 3 in august she was well behaved and still is ... Thank god my 2 daughters are well behaved most of the time.... I hope this continues even in their teens

pinkster73
11-08-12, 02:23 PM
Yeah it is nuts it took me forever to put her to bed lastnight. What's the Secret to puting them to sleep?

Keep them to a routine.

Tempete8
11-08-12, 02:29 PM
It depends on each child ... When my daughter was 2 which turned 3 in august she was well behaved and still is ... Thank god my 2 daughters are well behaved most of the time.... I hope this continues even in their teens I wish my niece was like that. She can be sweet sometimes then be bad again.

Keep them to a routine.
I just think its a moms touch to help them fall asleep so fast. You know like soothing feel. But of course I don't know I'm not a mom yet lol

RealFarmer1222
11-08-12, 02:34 PM
Geek's wouldn't touch my Kindle without the extended warranty plan, so I got my Opti-Visor and a straight pin, and freed up to on/off myself.

Who needs Geeks????

pinkster73
11-08-12, 02:45 PM
Geek's wouldn't touch my Kindle without the extended warranty plan, so I got my Opti-Visor and a straight pin, and freed up to on/off myself.

Who needs Geeks????

So youre saying you uninstalled then reinstalled and it worked?

howdy2you
11-08-12, 02:53 PM

Who needs Geeks????
Just curious, realfarmer, do you like star wars? Jk

queentina3
11-08-12, 03:54 PM

Who needs Geeks????

I can soooo picture you doing this. LOL

sterlingempire
11-08-12, 04:39 PM
Twitter reset my password.

pinkster73
11-08-12, 04:41 PM

Did they tell you what it is?

sterlingempire
11-08-12, 04:48 PM
Yes, they meant to reset some other people but reset nearly everyone instead.

RealFarmer1222
11-08-12, 09:12 PM
So youre saying you uninstalled then reinstalled and it worked?

Not exactly....I took a pin and, somewhat carefully, unstuck the button.

RealFarmer1222
11-08-12, 09:13 PM
Just curious, realfarmer, do you like star wars? Jk

No...not really....

RealFarmer1222
11-08-12, 09:14 PM

whew....they didn't reset mine....

pinkster73
11-08-12, 09:39 PM
I don't remember my twitter password.

lylahmae
11-09-12, 04:50 AM
whew....they didn't reset mine....

You have a twitter???? I find that odd. You don't strike me as a twitter type of guy.

queentina3
11-09-12, 05:24 AM
I don't have twitter at all. :p

I start my slave job today, but I have such a massive headache I'm not sure I want to go in at all. Scholastic Book Fair time again and I'll be at my 4th graders school most of the day today setting up. They haven't given me my schedule for next week yet, but I did request mornings only as I have to be back here for my 7th graders bus and I REALLY don't want to spend all week/full days with a bunch of screaming k-4th graders next week. At least I have Monday free with it being Veteran's Day and no school.

Ohhhh............Tomorrow is my 14th Wedding Anniversary and Sunday is Hubby's b-day. He doesn't like to talk about that though, he's grumpy in his OLD age. tee hee

RealFarmer1222
11-09-12, 07:02 AM
You have a twitter???? I find that odd. You don't strike me as a twitter type of guy.

I don't use it much. I had planned on posting farm stand info, but it never materialized. I just use it now to keep track of my nephew.

pinkster73
11-09-12, 07:40 AM
I don't have twitter at all. :p

I start my slave job today, but I have such a massive headache I'm not sure I want to go in at all. Scholastic Book Fair time again and I'll be at my 4th graders school most of the day today setting up. They haven't given me my schedule for next week yet, but I did request mornings only as I have to be back here for my 7th graders bus and I REALLY don't want to spend all week/full days with a bunch of screaming k-4th graders next week. At least I have Monday free with it being Veteran's Day and no school.

Ohhhh............Tomorrow is my 14th Wedding Anniversary and Sunday is Hubby's b-day. He doesn't like to talk about that though, he's grumpy in his OLD age. tee hee

Congrats on your anniversary! And old husband!

My hubby was supposed to be coming back saturday for 4 days but now he can't. It'll be at least another month.

queentina3
11-09-12, 10:43 AM
Congrats on your anniversary! And old husband!

My hubby was supposed to be coming back saturday for 4 days but now he can't. It'll be at least another month.

Ouch, so a lot longer without clean clothes for him then. :p

pinkster73
11-09-12, 11:14 AM

He went into town and bought a bunch of new clothes :p

kattybell
11-09-12, 11:28 AM

Happy Anniversary!

kattybell
11-09-12, 11:29 AM
Happy Anniversary!

Lol meant to reply with quote to your other post :)

pinkster73
11-09-12, 11:30 AM
Ha ha kattybell, youre funny.

kattybell
11-09-12, 11:33 AM
Ha ha kattybell, youre funny.

I try :D

queentina3
11-09-12, 11:36 AM
Lol meant to reply with quote to your other post :)

LOL, thanks!

pinkster73
11-10-12, 10:15 AM
My hubby is coming home for a day and a half before he leaves again. Probably ran out of clean clothes.

shakiba
11-10-12, 10:32 AM
You know, I'm wondering why all the woman/moms out there says "hubby" but mine. I asked my mom, "Why won't you call dad 'hubby'?" and she responded "What's a hubby?" I said "HUSBAND!" and then she stares at me like I just made that up and I'm crazy.

pinkster73
11-10-12, 11:07 AM
You know, I'm wondering why all the woman/moms out there says "hubby" but mine. I asked my mom, "Why won't you call dad 'hubby'?" and she responded "What's a hubby?" I said "HUSBAND!" and then she stares at me like I just made that up and I'm crazy.

Husband just seems so formal. And spouse sounds like some kind of rodent.

queentina3
11-10-12, 11:08 AM
I only do it when I'm typing it on the forum. I don't say it. If I was talking to one of my kids, I would say "your dad", anyone else I just use my hubby's name. :p

queentina3
11-10-12, 11:08 AM
Husband just seems so formal. And spouse sounds like some kind of rodent.

Yeah, and considering we are the Queen's of our houses, we wouldn't dare say "the man of the house". :p

pinkster73
11-10-12, 11:25 AM
Yeah, and considering we are the Queen's of our houses, we wouldn't dare say "the man of the house". :p

We ARE the men of the house.

shakiba
11-10-12, 11:27 AM
Lol, you guys. Makes sense, because I never heard somebody say "hubby" out loud. And spouse pinkster, lol agreed, does sound like a rodent.

greygull
11-10-12, 11:37 AM
The other option is DH (dear husband), but that's one letter away from duh ;)

Yes, hubby is a typed word only for me as well.

We ARE the men of the house.

Absolutely lol. Also the glue that keeps the house together :)

queentina3
11-10-12, 11:40 AM
Well with the way our menfolk act sometimes, it IS appropriate to call them spouse (aka rodents). :p

Take my hubby for example. Today is our 14th wedding anniversary and where is he? Work. Last night he didn't get home until 115a, today he went in 1/2 hour after he woke up (830a) and isn't due back until late tonight. Tomorrow he's supposedly working again (on his b-day) and most of next week he travels to RI daily for work (3 1/2 hour drive RT).

So yeah, right now it IS appropriate for my hubby to be called a RODENT. :p

pinkster73
11-10-12, 11:58 AM
Well with the way our menfolk act sometimes, it IS appropriate to call them spouse (aka rodents). :p

Take my hubby for example. Today is our 14th wedding anniversary and where is he? Work. Last night he didn't get home until 115a, today he went in 1/2 hour after he woke up (830a) and isn't due back until late tonight. Tomorrow he's supposedly working again (on his b-day) and most of next week he travels to RI daily for work (3 1/2 hour drive RT).

So yeah, right now it IS appropriate for my hubby to be called a RODENT. :p

He might not be a rodent yet. He could be stopping at a jewellery store somewhere in there.

queentina3
11-10-12, 12:02 PM
He might not be a rodent yet. He could be stopping at a jewellery store somewhere in there.

No he's not, he doesn't buy me jewelry, EVER. I don't really wear jewelry, just my engagement/wedding rings and I interchange between just 2 necklaces. I don't wear earrings anymore, or watches/bracelets, or any other rings. :p

I may get flowers, but doubtful considering most of the stores will be closed by the time he gets out of work. I did get a kiss good-bye and a Happy Anniversary along with the coffee being made, so that's something.

pinkster73
11-10-12, 12:04 PM
Coffee and a kiss? Tsk tsk

howdy2you
11-10-12, 12:49 PM
I buy the jewelry and tell him that he bought it for me. This is helpful at Christmas and birthdays also.

pinkster73
11-10-12, 03:00 PM
I buy the jewelry and tell him that he bought it for me. This is helpful at Christmas and birthdays also.

I send my hubby pictures of things he bought me while he's up north. This week he got me a pink jacket and a space heater. Hes so thoughtful.

Tempete8
11-10-12, 03:08 PM
:eek: hubby talk

queentina3
11-11-12, 07:10 AM
Coffee and a kiss? Tsk tsk

And a new microwave that he is out purchasing right now. The door button on our microwave has been sticking like crazy and yesterday my 10 yr old stuck it so bad I couldn't get it unstuck. No matter what I tried, the darn button wouldn't release so the door couldn't close so the microwave won't work. Grrrr

So now he's out at Best Buy getting me a new microwave and my 10 yr old a new set of headphones for his computer, as he's using mine because our cats chewed through the wire on his. Then he's going to either work from home or go into work. *sighs*

pinkster73
11-11-12, 08:09 AM
And a new microwave that he is out purchasing right now. The door button on our microwave has been sticking like crazy and yesterday my 10 yr old stuck it so bad I couldn't get it unstuck. No matter what I tried, the darn button wouldn't release so the door couldn't close so the microwave won't work. Grrrr

So now he's out at Best Buy getting me a new microwave and my 10 yr old a new set of headphones for his computer, as he's using mine because our cats chewed through the wire on his. Then he's going to either work from home or go into work. *sighs*

Microwaves are cool anniversary presents. I have a red microwave. It sucks at cooking but it sure is pretty, which of course is the most important thing.

queentina3
11-11-12, 08:27 AM
Microwaves are cool anniversary presents. I have a red microwave. It sucks at cooking but it sure is pretty, which of course is the most important thing.

LOL!! Red and not Pink? :p

I'm going to buy him a new coffee pot for xmas, as ours is driving us crazy. This must be the 3rd or 4th one we're on in the past few years, I guess we make too much coffee. The one we have, and keep purchasing over and over and over again, is a Cuisinart 12 cup maker that also grinds, but since we've stopped buying our coffee in beans, the grind is useless at this point. So.....Now I'm going to be hunting for another 12 cup maker that I like and hope he does as well, that isn't too expensive. I've been saving my kitchen fund for a new stove, but it looks like that will be awhile with all these little things breaking down bit by bit. Grrrr

pinkster73
11-11-12, 08:59 AM

I'm going to buy him a new coffee pot for xmas, as ours is driving us crazy. This must be the 3rd or 4th one we're on in the past few years, I guess we make too much coffee. The one we have, and keep purchasing over and over and over again, is a Cuisinart 12 cup maker that also grinds, but since we've stopped buying our coffee in beans, the grind is useless at this point. So.....Now I'm going to be hunting for another 12 cup maker that I like and hope he does as well, that isn't too expensive. I've been saving my kitchen fund for a new stove, but it looks like that will be awhile with all these little things breaking down bit by bit. Grrrr

Red appliances are a lot easier to find then pink. I also have a red toaster.

I have yet to find a coffee maker that lasts more then a year. Expensive, cheap, doesnt seem to make a difference.

howdy2you
11-11-12, 10:03 AM
I get the cheap pot. I finally got my fine new dishwasher and it takes 2hours to wash a load. I want my ugly dishwasher back.

pinkster73
11-11-12, 10:14 AM
I get the cheap pot. I finally got my fine new dishwasher and it takes 2hours to wash a load. I want my ugly dishwasher back.

2 hours?! Is it putting the dishes away too?

howdy2you
11-11-12, 10:33 AM
2 hours?! Is it putting the dishes away too?

No it's energy efficient. That would take too much energy. Everyone can look in the dishwasher if they need a clean cup (only after its done though) hope nobody gets thirsty.

kooky panda
11-11-12, 12:37 PM

I just got my Keuring coffee pot . I love it!!
Had a sleep tea last night and a mocha mint cup of coffee this morning. yum

Tempete8
11-11-12, 01:27 PM

Red appliances are a lot easier to find then pink. I also have a red toaster.

I have yet to find a coffee maker that lasts more then a year. Expensive, cheap, doesnt seem to make a difference.

I love red its my fave color. My name on here shoulda been redster73 lol

Tempete8
11-11-12, 01:30 PM
I kinda want a keurig do you think I should ask for one for Christmas?

queentina3
11-11-12, 01:34 PM

Yeah, but doesn't that only do 1 cup at a time? Does it do 12 cups at once, like a normal coffee pot? The cups we use are a bit bigger than normal coffee cups, so a 12 cup machine usually gives us each 2 cups of coffee, or 3 for me and 1 for him. :p

queentina3
11-11-12, 01:52 PM
This is my 6,000 post!

pinkster73
11-11-12, 02:07 PM
This is my 6,000 post!

Woo hoo!

Tempete8
11-11-12, 02:10 PM
I made her an award.

kooky panda
11-11-12, 02:51 PM
Yeah, but doesn't that only do 1 cup at a time? Does it do 12 cups at once, like a normal coffee pot? The cups we use are a bit bigger than normal coffee cups, so a 12 cup machine usually gives us each 2 cups of coffee, or 3 for me and 1 for him. :p
It does but what is nice is we can have different coffees. It is really fast.
You can get the one that you can different sizes of cups.
I am getting one for my mom, because mom likes coffee and Dad likes tea. So they can have both. I use a 16 oz mug. I set to the biggest size.

Congrads on your post count!!!

queentina3
11-11-12, 03:08 PM
I am getting one for my mom, because mom likes coffee and Dad likes tea. So they can have both. I use a 16 oz mug. I set to the biggest size.

Congrads on your post count!!!

Thanks, but only half are probably read-worthy. LOL

I think I may go for a "Mr. Coffee Thermal Coffee Maker - 10 cup" or "Hamilton Beach Black 2-Way Brewer"

I'm still searching though, and have to see what goes on sale over the next few weeks as well. :)

kooky panda
11-11-12, 03:11 PM
Thanks, but only half are probably read-worthy. LOL

I think I may go for a "Mr. Coffee Thermal Coffee Maker - 10 cup" or "Hamilton Beach Black 2-Way Brewer"

I'm still searching though, and have to see what goes on sale over the next few weeks as well. :)
Try to hold off for the day after Thanksgiving to get the good sales.

pinkster73
11-11-12, 03:22 PM

Isn't that black Friday where all the crazy Americans knock over old ladies to get to the deals first? :p

queentina3
11-11-12, 03:28 PM

Oh I am with the hopes that the new Outlet Mall they placed in my town will have AWESOME sales. *crosses fingers*

Isn't that black Friday where all the crazy Americans knock over old ladies to get to the deals first? :p

*snorts* Yeah right, it's the old ladies knocking every down and stepping on you at the same time. They're brutal. It's like a Bingo Night for them. You think they're nice and sweet until Bingo Night or Black Friday rolls around, then WATCH OUT, they'll get ya!

mattyboo1
11-11-12, 04:00 PM

Congrads on your post count!!! kooky I like your new avatar

greygull
11-11-12, 06:48 PM
This is not taken from any website - I personally took this picture.

Gotta Love Irony!

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/2012-11-11_15-16-08_140.jpg

Tempete8
11-11-12, 06:53 PM
There's two things wrong with that pic but I bet you only see one.

lylahmae
11-11-12, 07:12 PM

Hey there 'round these parts Canadians are right there in the action with us...not to mention that when turkeys go on sale for 69 cents per pound tomorrow I will be breaking up fights over who touched it first, Canadians just love their turkey.

greygull
11-11-12, 07:17 PM
There's two things wrong with that pic but I bet you only see one.

What's the second thing? I can see a few things ;)

Tempete8
11-11-12, 07:35 PM
What's the second thing? I can see a few things ;)

Well oh I guess Im the one to see less things lol...um the crossed out wal-mart sticker and the branch from thetree crosses out the wal-mart sign

greygull
11-11-12, 08:11 PM
The trees were an oops - just the angle I was standing at ;)

Some of the others I saw are stereotypical, so might be offensive to some ;)

pinkster73
11-11-12, 08:44 PM
This is not taken from any website - I personally took this picture.

Gotta Love Irony!

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/2012-11-11_15-16-08_140.jpg

OMG that's hilarious! So hypocritical.

mattyboo1
11-11-12, 08:54 PM
Pinkster you tagged this thread about the fake pinkster wow !!

pinkster73
11-11-12, 08:57 PM
Pinkster you tagged this thread about the fake pinkster wow !!

OMG mattyboo!

mattyboo1
11-11-12, 08:58 PM
OMG mattyboo!
OMG pinkster

queentina3
11-11-12, 09:13 PM
*snorts* That is hysterical GG. It's so odd seeing leaves on trees and seeing them green. Unless it's a pine tree up here the rest are pretty bare, sad. Winter is right around the corner. :(

pinkster73
11-11-12, 09:14 PM
Who tagged waffle?

greygull
11-11-12, 10:33 PM
*snorts* That is hysterical GG. It's so odd seeing leaves on trees and seeing them green. Unless it's a pine tree up here the rest are pretty bare, sad. Winter is right around the corner. :(

With the way our weather has been, I'm shocked there are any leaves anywhere. Last week, Tuesday was over 80 degrees. Friday, driving home from picking up the kids, I was driving in sleet! High was supposed to be 58 that day, never reached 50. (for others - first one is 26-27C, second is 14.4C, third is 10C :))

queentina3
11-12-12, 06:09 AM
Who tagged waffle?

Is this a code of some sort? :confused:

pinkster73
11-12-12, 06:58 AM
Is this a code of some sort? :confused:

No I meant the thread tags.

queentina3
11-12-12, 07:02 AM
No I meant the thread tags.

Oh.....Next question: Where is the waffle thread that is tagged? :confused:

queentina3
11-12-12, 07:08 AM
OMG, if I make it through the day without ****ing my 10 yr old it will be a miracle. This child......................Grrrrrr

So I made the boys pancakes this AM since they don't have school, and I yelled up to my 10 yr old 5 minutes ago that his were ready. He just came downstairs and asked when they would be ready! I told him I yelled up to him 5 MINUTES AGO, that they were on the plate with the butter/syrup right next to it, and to not get his panties in a twist.

He did a snobbish sniff, rolled his eyes, and shook his head while saying "I don't wear panties, I wear boxers" He then took his plate and flounced back up the stairs.

MURDER, I'm telling you, MURDER............................................ ......

howdy2you
11-12-12, 09:01 AM
OMG, if I make it through the day without ****ing my 10 yr old it will be a miracle. This child......................Grrrrrr

So I made the boys pancakes this AM since they don't have school, and I yelled up to my 10 yr old 5 minutes ago that his were ready. He just came downstairs and asked when they would be ready! I told him I yelled up to him 5 MINUTES AGO, that they were on the plate with the butter/syrup right next to it, and to not get his panties in a twist.

He did a snobbish sniff, rolled his eyes, and shook his head while saying "I don't wear panties, I wear boxers" He then took his plate and flounced back up the stairs.

MURDER, I'm telling you, MURDER............................................ ......

You better do it quick. My 19 year old son informed me that he's never moving out because he likes the food. Omg his brothers are already fighting over who gets his room and it smells like dirty socks.

pinkster73
11-12-12, 09:04 AM

Ha ha I call my sons underwear panties just to irritate him.

Howdy: stop cooking

queentina3
11-12-12, 12:14 PM
Conversation I just walked in on my boys having in the kitchen:

12 yr old: Just hush, she'll never know if you don't go telling her. (whispering harshly)
10 yr old: Fine, but if she tries to blame me I WILL RAT YOU OUT! (states vehemently)
12 yr old: Whatever.........Just go away and leave me alone. (angry and annoyed)
10 yr old: But you said you'd make me a sandwich too. (whines)
12 yr old: Only if you weren't going to be a brat, but you are, so I'm not. (stated with satisfaction)
10 yr old: Oh really.............(evil look on face) HEY M (12 yr old covers his mouth)

Me: What is going on in here? (with narrowed eyes since I heard the conversation from the hallway)
12 yr old: (removes hand from mouth, tries to look innocent, and moves his plate behind his back on the counter) Nothing!
10 yr old: snorts
12 yr old: (glares at 10 yr old) I was just telling him that I wasn't going to make him a sandwich because he's BEING A BRAT! (yells the last bit at my 10 yr old)
10 yr old: HE (points to 12 yr old) TOOK HALF YOUR CAN OF PRINGLES SOUR CREAM & ONION CHIPS! (yells with truimph)

ME: ENOUGH! (glares at them both and points to the other room: watches them run out of the kitchen, then I giggle)

I can't wait until they go back to school tomorrow and I'm praying the hubby doesn't get home too late from RI today, otherwise he may not have 2 sons left to come home to. :rolleyes:

pinkster73
11-12-12, 12:20 PM
Conversation I just walked in on my boys having in the kitchen:

12 yr old: Just hush, she'll never know if you don't go telling her. (whispering harshly)
10 yr old: Fine, but if she tries to blame me I WILL RAT YOU OUT! (states vehemently)
12 yr old: Whatever.........Just go away and leave me alone. (angry and annoyed)
10 yr old: But you said you'd make me a sandwich too. (whines)
12 yr old: Only if you weren't going to be a brat, but you are, so I'm not. (stated with satisfaction)
10 yr old: Oh really.............(evil look on face) HEY M (12 yr old covers his mouth)

Me: What is going on in here? (with narrowed eyes since I heard the conversation from the hallway)
12 yr old: (removes hand from mouth, tries to look innocent, and moves his plate behind his back on the counter) Nothing!
10 yr old: snorts
12 yr old: (glares at 10 yr old) I was just telling him that I wasn't going to make him a sandwich because he's BEING A BRAT! (yells the last bit at my 10 yr old)
10 yr old: HE (points to 12 yr old) TOOK HALF YOUR CAN OF PRINGLES SOUR CREAM & ONION CHIPS! (yells with truimph)

ME: ENOUGH! (glares at them both and points to the other room: watches them run out of the kitchen, then I giggle)

I can't wait until they go back to school tomorrow and I'm praying the hubby doesn't get home too late from RI today, otherwise he may not have 2 sons left to come home to. :rolleyes:

But did you get back the pringles?

queentina3
11-12-12, 12:24 PM
But did you get back the pringles?

Nah, I let him have them but told him he should've taken the hubby's Salt & Vinegar instead (Nasty those are IMO, but he and the hubby love them). They KNOW not to touch my Sour Cream & Onion, but he really wanted them so I caved and let him have them. I hid the other can and ate the rest of the one he had taken them from, so he won't be getting anymore.

I then made the 10 yr old a sandwich to shut him up. It isn't like he couldn't make it himself, he's just being a whiny brat about EVERYTHING today. He holds grudges and he's still angry with me over asking him to wait 2 MINUTES last night while I was doing something in Castle Story so this is how he's getting me back. :rolleyes:

Tempete8
11-12-12, 12:43 PM
I wonder if People actually know what my user name Tempete means lol.

pinkster73
11-12-12, 12:44 PM
I wonder if People actually know what my user name Tempete means lol.

You're the 8th temporary pete?

kattybell
11-12-12, 12:45 PM
Does it mean storm?

Tempete8
11-12-12, 12:47 PM
Hey your right katty :)

pinkster73
11-12-12, 12:49 PM
Well I was close.

Tempete8
11-12-12, 12:50 PM
Lol close but no cigar

Tempete8
11-12-12, 12:53 PM
Hey that gives me an idea on a new thread

shakiba
11-12-12, 01:53 PM
Isn't "tempete" storm in french?

I added a new tag. :I

Tempete8
11-12-12, 01:57 PM
Isn't "tempete" storm in french?

I added a new tag. :I

Yup exactly right

shakiba
11-12-12, 01:59 PM
Yup exactly right

I knew it! You speak french?

emergRN
11-12-12, 02:03 PM
My parents are 77 years old. They have both had some medical problems where they needed surgery.
Before Medicare will pay for the surgeries they both had to go to doctors to get approval.
The main doctor, their heart doctors, then the surgeons. of course this takes weeks to make all the appointments and get over there then wait for reports to be submitted. So Here are two people that are hurting and need surgery but they have to jump through hoops running back and forth before they can get the relieve they need.

WHATS UP WITH THAT???? IT IS RIDICULOUS!!!

That is horrible! Even though i pay through the bum in taxes, living in canada has its perks when you hear these unfortunate stories :( but then i also see the health system being abused because health care is free!

pinkster73
11-12-12, 05:30 PM
That is horrible! Even though i pay through the bum in taxes, living in canada has its perks when you hear these unfortunate stories :( but then i also see the health system being abused because health care is free!

Ya like the people in the hospital ER because they've been puking or something. I've seen a lot of abuses or people who just don't understand when I worked in the hospital. A lot of those things can be handled at a clinic. I have a regular doctor for non emergent stuff, a clinic for when my vacuum throws me down the stairs and i need stitches, and a hospital for those really big uh oh moments.

Tempete8
11-12-12, 05:52 PM
I knew it! You speak french?

Lol no. I'm african American and Puerto rican I dont even speak spanish or anything like that just english.

Tempete8
11-12-12, 05:56 PM

I heard people in Canada gets paid just for living there.

pinkster73
11-12-12, 06:00 PM
I heard people in Canada gets paid just for living there.

Ya and we also all live in igloos and say "eh" all the time :p

queentina3
11-12-12, 06:01 PM

And they use REALLY LONG extension cords to get electricity because candles would melt their igloos. :p

pinkster73
11-12-12, 06:04 PM
And they use REALLY LONG extension cords to get electricity because candles would melt their igloos. :p

It's true.

howdy2you
11-12-12, 06:20 PM
It's true.

I knew it!!!!

queentina3
11-12-12, 06:20 PM
Ok, now if this was your hubby, would you smack him?

Hubby and 12 yr old are having a conversation regarding a game they play against/with each other on their computers. Something is happening at midnight tonight in the game that the hubby plans to stay up for, AND, wants my 12 yr old to stay up as well.

Hubby has to be up at 6a to get ready for a 2 hr drive to RI and the 12 yr old has to be up at 515a to shower before he catches the school bus at 615a.

I SCREAMED NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hubby was like "Why can't he stay up and play it with me?"

Both me and the 12 yr old looked at him like he was insane, an alien, a complete moron for even suggesting it. Thank gosh my 12 yr old has better sense as even HE agreed that he couldn't do it. He said he would check whatever it is out after he showers in the AM if he has time, otherwise he'd look at it when he got home from school.

Who is the kid again?

And here I was thinking earlier in the day how I wished the hubby was home to keep me, or the kids, from ****ing each other. HE JUST MAKES IT WORSE!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Tempete8
11-12-12, 06:22 PM

Wait so which one is true?

howdy2you
11-12-12, 06:28 PM

Hubby and 12 yr old are having a conversation regarding a game they play against/with each other on their computers. Something is happening at midnight tonight in the game that the hubby plans to stay up for, AND, wants my 12 yr old to stay up as well.

Hubby has to be up at 6a to get ready for a 2 hr drive to RI and the 12 yr old has to be up at 515a to shower before he catches the school bus at 615a.

Both me and the 12 yr old looked at him like he was insane, an alien, a complete moron for even suggesting it. Thank gosh my 12 yr old has better sense as even HE agreed that he couldn't do it. He said he would check whatever it is out after he showers in the AM if he has time, otherwise he'd look at it when he got home from school.

Who is the kid again?

And here I was thinking earlier in the day how I wished the hubby was home to keep me, or the kids, from ****ing each other. HE JUST MAKES IT WORSE!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally needs a smack. But wait until after the kids go to bed. He might enjoy it!

howdy2you
11-12-12, 06:29 PM
Oh dear! Edit*
he totally needs a smack. But wait until after the kids go to bed. He might enjoy it!

greygull
11-12-12, 06:39 PM

Who is the kid again?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having a similar conversation right this minute! Hubby's friend is at the store already, prepaying for his game. I guess he is going home, then going back to the store for the midnight release - but I only found that out at the end. I said to hubby "He's going to sit up there for the next 7 hours?!?! Um, no, we are having dinner before you leave." So, he's not sitting up there the whole time, but hubby probably will join him near midnight. Not sure if my son even realizes its tonight - if he did, he would probably ask to go as well. Won't happen, but he might ask anyways.

And, I got the "are you kidding me" look earlier. For the game, last year I made these bottled sodas from the game. It took 6 months to make 12 sets. This version is bringing them back. I commented about making any new ones, for just a few people. Hubby was not happy about that one lol.

pinkster73
11-12-12, 07:11 PM
Are you guys talking about that call of duty coming out at midnight? My son preordered his and actually wanted me to take him to get it tonight at midnight when it's released. Ya right!

pinkster73
11-12-12, 07:12 PM
Wait so which one is true?

It's all true. And we all wear toques 24/7.

queentina3
11-12-12, 07:16 PM
I'm having a similar conversation right this minute! Hubby's friend is at the store already, prepaying for his game. I guess he is going home, then going back to the store for the midnight release - but I only found that out at the end. I said to hubby "He's going to sit up there for the next 7 hours?!?! Um, no, we are having dinner before you leave." So, he's not sitting up there the whole time, but hubby probably will join him near midnight. Not sure if my son even realizes its tonight - if he did, he would probably ask to go as well. Won't happen, but he might ask anyways.

And, I got the "are you kidding me" look earlier. For the game, last year I made these bottled sodas from the game. It took 6 months to make 12 sets. This version is bringing them back. I commented about making any new ones, for just a few people. Hubby was not happy about that one lol.

I wonder if we're talking about the same game? Black Ops 2? My child, smarter than the hubby, set-up his computer/steam to auto-download it somehow at midnight, some pre-load thingamajig. :rolleyes:

Hubby still plans to stay up, and most likely play some of it. I'll be pulling him out of bed kicking and screaming in the AM, if he even bothers to go to sleep. I hope the person he's driving with to RI tomorrow all the luck in the world, as a long drive like that with a very tired hubby is NOT a good combo! :eek:

queentina3
11-12-12, 07:17 PM
Are you guys talking about that call of duty coming out at midnight? My son preordered his and actually wanted me to take him to get it tonight at midnight when it's released. Ya right!

Yes, that is the game my hubby and child are yapping about. Black Ops 2/Call of Duty, same diff. They are all war/fighting type of games and they drive me bananas when they play it as the yell to each other from one room to the other instead of using the darn voice chat via steam. :rolleyes:

greygull
11-12-12, 07:25 PM
Yes, COD Black Ops whatever it is. I call it by one name, it's the other. I give up.

Hubby is now saying he won't be going at midnight - so that he doesn't stay up incredibly late (he already stays up late most nights). So he'll stay up late tomorrow night lol.

lylahmae
11-12-12, 07:46 PM

Bunch-a hosers up there eh.

Tempete8
11-12-12, 08:06 PM

Ok I give up I can never tell if your playing or not. Lol