PDA

View Full Version : The "Whatever Thread"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

Tempete8
11-26-12, 02:12 PM
Mine was never that big though

kooky panda
11-26-12, 02:34 PM
Oh I had one once and my whole eye was swollen shut. Had to go to the eye doctor. It was nasty!!

howdy2you
11-26-12, 02:40 PM
I never get stys since I was a teen. I used to wear thick black eyeliner that you have to light with a lighter before you could put it on. When I got a sty my mom told me to throw all my eye make up away or I would get a sty again. I'm glad I don't get stys anymore. Its $75 dollars to replace eye makeup now and my mom won't buy it.

shakiba
11-26-12, 03:13 PM
Pink eye!

Is it really? I never had pinkeye before. Anyways, its almost gone, just had it big in the morning. Is it still pinkeye if its under your eyes, not on the eye lids.

RealFarmer1222
11-26-12, 06:20 PM
Is it really? I never had pinkeye before. Anyways, its almost gone, just had it big in the morning. Is it still pinkeye if its under your eyes, not on the eye lids.

If your eye is teary...(and pink), it's pinkeye.

I've had a terrible day. Dryer would spin fine....with no clothes in it. Put in clothes it stops. Took it all apart, greased bearings, put it back together, still won't spin with clothes. Then, just now, the guy who stored tractors in the barn after he had a fire at his place called and said he sold one of the tractors last week and needs to get it out. Of course, on Thanksgiving, my niece put their boat in front of it!

On the whole, I'd rather have pinkeye!

lylahmae
11-26-12, 06:23 PM

I've had a terrible day. Dryer would spin fine....with no clothes in it. Put in clothes it stops. Took it all apart, greased bearings, put it back together, still won't spin with clothes. Then, just now, the guy who stored tractors in the barn after he had a fire at his place called and said he sold one of the tractors last week and needs to get it out. Of course, on Thanksgiving, my niece put their boat in front of it!

I think you may need a new dryer.

queentina3
11-26-12, 06:28 PM

Yes because then you can tell the people that bother you that you'll give them pinkeye if they don't leave you alone.

I agree with lylahmae, time for a new dryer, that one needs to go. :p

greygull
11-26-12, 06:46 PM
@RealFarmer - gonna have to agree with lylahmae and Queentina - it's time ;)
I just researched a bunch of them, if you want any opinions :o

And pink eye does sound better then your day. I hope tomorrow is much better!

RealFarmer1222
11-26-12, 07:30 PM
@RealFarmer - gonna have to agree with lylahmae and Queentina - it's time ;)
I just researched a bunch of them, if you want any opinions :o

And pink eye does sound better then your day. I hope tomorrow is much better!

Thanks gg, I checked Amazon, but we'll probably go local anyhow. We need a gas dryer, so that drives up the price a bit.

Tomorrow, I'll probably have to the boat...and the skid loader....and the tractor...and maybe another tractor.....so it's not looking promising.

pinkster73
11-26-12, 09:02 PM
Realfarmer wins. Dryer trouble and moving stuff is worse.

pinkster73
11-26-12, 09:33 PM
Realfarmer! I found you a good deal!

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/funny-classifieds-trade-dryer-for-oreos.jpg

copycats
11-26-12, 11:07 PM
I got 21.5/39 on my science test:(

queentina3
11-27-12, 05:06 AM

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/funny-classifieds-trade-dryer-for-oreos.jpg

LOL, someone is desperate for those cookies!

queentina3
11-27-12, 05:07 AM

That's a C+ right, that isn't that bad is it? I hated Biology so much that I was lucky if I got a C- in it. The lab portion always threw off my grade.

pinkster73
11-27-12, 06:19 AM
C is better then an F.

RealFarmer1222
11-27-12, 01:56 PM

LOL! I wonder if they'd take the Benton's Double Stuff they sell at Aldi's???

RealFarmer1222
11-27-12, 01:58 PM

On my high school physics final, I think I got 53 out of 85. It was the highest score in the class. Some people got zeros.

Oh...and it was an essay test.

howdy2you
11-27-12, 03:02 PM
I'd trade my soul to the devel for some great value double stuff duos right now. Oh and some milk....

howdy2you
11-27-12, 03:07 PM
Real farmer you would probably enjoy enrolling in a differential equations course in college. Mathamatics is the language of the universe. Now I picture you as a bearded Carl Segan.

shakiba
11-27-12, 03:37 PM
Well, my eye isn't getting better here. And thanks for answering my question realfarmer, I know now that I don't have pink eye, however, my friend told me I have it due to lack of hydration, in other words, I need to drink more water. I only drink water if I'm thirsty or tired. I don't usually drink water naturally unlike my mom who is like obsessed with it. Sometimes, her tummy puffs up looking like she's pregnant because she drank lots of water. Crazy woman.Now my eye itches.. :(

Tempete8
11-27-12, 03:40 PM
Why is it that a lot of us is getting ill?

sweetstuff525
11-27-12, 03:51 PM
Ugh jury duty tommorow...

Tempete8
11-27-12, 03:58 PM
Ugh jury duty tommorow...

Hey me to. But next month.

pinkster73
11-27-12, 04:09 PM
I think it would be cool to be on a jury. As long as it wasnt a tax evasion case or something like that.

lylahmae
11-27-12, 04:23 PM
I think it would be cool to be on a jury. As long as it wasnt a tax evasion case or something like that.

What if it was tax evasion by a famous mob guy with lots of excitement? Just don't convict or you get wacked.

pinkster73
11-27-12, 04:31 PM
What if it was tax evasion by a famous mob guy with lots of excitement? Just don't convict or you get wacked.

That would be fun. Not the getting wacked part.

sweetstuff525
11-27-12, 04:35 PM
i've always gotten out of jury duty one way or another and never have done it....lol
but this time i may have to even though i don't want too.... or any ideas how to get out of it?

lylahmae
11-27-12, 04:37 PM
i've always gotten out of jury duty one way or another and never have done it....lol
but this time i may have to even though i don't want too.... or any ideas how to get out of it?

Tell them It's no inconvenience, that you have a soft spot for criminals because most of the time they didn't mean to do it.

queentina3
11-27-12, 04:53 PM
Tell them It's no inconvenience, that you have a soft spot for criminals because most of the time they didn't mean to do it.

That would just make the prosecution not want her, but the defense would.

I would go more along the lines of confusing them when they ask you questions and then tell them you have a problem making up your mind. Then neither attorney would want you on a jury. :p

pinkster73
11-27-12, 05:06 PM

Ask if Tony Soprano will be there.

lylahmae
11-27-12, 06:11 PM
The Grinch is on and my daughter fell asleep!

howdy2you
11-27-12, 07:15 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/brizejellicle/Funny%20Pictures/Grinch.jpg

RealFarmer1222
11-27-12, 07:35 PM
Real farmer you would probably enjoy enrolling in a differential equations course in college. Mathamatics is the language of the universe. Now I picture you as a bearded Carl Segan.

Oh, I've taken some diff EQ classes. They are only fun if you have some physical system behind them.

RealFarmer1222
11-27-12, 07:38 PM

Don't know how it is your state, but here in PA you have to show up unless you are physically unable.

pinkster73
11-27-12, 08:35 PM
Don't know how it is your state, but here in PA you have to show up unless you are physically unable.

A ha! Become physically unable! You could try throwing yourself down the stairs while vacuuming.

howdy2you
11-27-12, 08:48 PM
A ha! Become physically unable! You could try throwing yourself down the stairs while vacuuming.

Is that why you threw yourself down the stairs pinkster? Those stitches were pretty convincing. Props ;)

pinkster73
11-27-12, 09:02 PM
Is that why you threw yourself down the stairs pinkster? Those stitches were pretty convincing. Props ;)

Naaa I did it because I wanted a new vacuum.

Ahhhh!! Get the febreeze!!
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/animated-gifs-spiders-147.gif

sweetstuff525
11-27-12, 09:14 PM

Yeah I'm showing up.... But I hope they don't choose me lol

howdy2you
11-27-12, 09:21 PM
Yeah I'm showing up.... But I hope they don't choose me lol

Cough a lot and don't cover your mouth. And look real sick.

pinkster73
11-27-12, 09:25 PM
Cough a lot and don't cover your mouth. And look real sick.

No way. Im sure half the people who show up do that.

In the states is it common for everyone to get called for jury duty?

howdy2you
11-27-12, 09:32 PM
In New York only people that they won't have to pay a lot in wages get called like housewives and retirerees. My husband worked for NY state and was never called. I was a house wife and was called about ten times and served once. I'm exempt for 8 years now because the last trial was a plea deal.

pinkster73
11-27-12, 09:36 PM
In New York only people that they won't have to pay a lot in wages get called like housewives and retirerees. My husband worked for NY state and was never called. I was a house wife and was called about ten times and served once. I'm exempt for 8 years now because the last trial was a plea deal.

Do they do that in Canada? I've never known or even heard of someone getting called for jury duty.

lylahmae
11-27-12, 09:37 PM
No way. Im sure half the people who show up do that.

In the states is it common for everyone to get called for jury duty?
I have never been called but I wouldn't mind since my company pays the difference in pay if I have to miss work. Not sure how much it says somewhere in our contract about it.

howdy2you
11-27-12, 09:39 PM
Do they do that in Canada? I've never known or even heard of someone getting called for jury duty.

Everyone in Canada takes a plea deal?

howdy2you
11-27-12, 09:41 PM
Everyone in Canada takes a plea deal eh!?

*edit.....eh

lylahmae
Everyone in Canada takes a plea deal?

There is no crime in Canada:p

pinkster73
So because I'm a housewife I wouldn't get paid? That would suck. I'd probably be exempt though because im essentially alone with 2 kids and a special needs niece part time.

I think it would be really cool.

howdy2you
11-27-12, 09:44 PM

That's just crazy talk!;)

pinkster73
11-27-12, 09:44 PM

Actually crime rates drop when it's like minus 30. Too cold to do any crime. Although someone broke open the hood of my car once and stole my block heater and my extension cord that was plugging my car in. Very low. Eh

lylahmae
11-27-12, 09:45 PM
Speaking of Canada I am getting a tassimo for Christmas my mom took my daughter to buy it and it comes with a box of Tim Horton's cartridges! I am so excited!

pinkster73
11-27-12, 09:49 PM
Speaking of Canada I am getting a tassimo for Christmas my mom took my daughter to buy it and it comes with a box of Tim Horton's cartridges! I am so excited!

Is that the one that brews individual servings with different flavors if you want?

lylahmae
11-27-12, 09:51 PM
Actually crime rates drop when it's like minus 30. Too cold to do any crime. Although someone broke open the hood of my car once and stole my block heater and my extension cord that was plugging my car in. Very low. Eh

That is low. And while I am sure the minus thirty does wonders from crime rates up there down here Canada is the same as Michigan, being near the border you get a lot of smugglers some of the stuff that can't cross the border is funny though.

pinkster73
11-27-12, 09:52 PM
That is low. And while I am sure the minus thirty does wonders from crime rates up there down here Canada is the same as Michigan, being near the border you get a lot of smugglers some of the stuff that can't cross the border is funny though.

Fruits?

howdy2you
11-27-12, 09:53 PM

I googled it. Nothing more comforting in the winter than hot beverages.
Canada sounds nice. A life without crime and hot beverages sounds like heaven.:)

lylahmae
11-27-12, 09:56 PM
I googled it. Nothing more comforting in the winter than hot beverages.
Canada sounds nice. A life without crime and hot beverages sounds like heaven.:)

You need to try Tim Horton's coffee, it is the best. As of Christmas day I will be able to make it at home, I am so excited!

howdy2you
11-27-12, 10:00 PM
You need to try Tim Horton's coffee, it is the best. As of Christmas day I will be able to make it at home, I am so excited!

Ooh get some seseme baguls and cream cheese and real half and half and you will be all set Christmas morning. I envy you. Mmm... Tim hortons....

lylahmae
11-27-12, 10:03 PM
Ooh get some seseme baguls and cream cheese and real half and half and you will be all set Christmas morning. I envy you. Mmm... Tim hortons....

My daughter cries if we drive by and don't stop!

howdy2you
11-27-12, 10:14 PM
My daughter cries if we drive by and don't stop!

Lol. That's funny! Does she like the coffee or the doughnuts?

copycats
11-27-12, 10:56 PM
C is better then an F.

Its a C- and it brought my grade down 5% (i was at 83%

queentina3
11-28-12, 04:33 AM

Same here with them crossing from Quebec. I think Maine and New York actually have it worse then NH and Vermont, but at times we get blips on the news about there being a "border issue" which is code word for "SMUGGLERS CAUGHT". LOL

lylahmae
11-28-12, 04:34 AM
Lol. That's funny! Does she like the coffee or the doughnuts?
Tim bits! I want to get Tim bits please! Is what she yells when she sees a Tim Horton's, even if she just ate.

pinkster73
11-28-12, 08:05 AM
Tim Hortons iced cap rules. Its addicting.

sourlicorice5
11-28-12, 09:14 AM
I miss Tim Horton donuts,

kattybell
11-28-12, 09:50 AM
I miss Tim Horton donuts,

I've never had Tim Hortons.

kattybell
11-28-12, 10:25 AM
Kooky look :( lol

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n504/jessiex86/A4598B3B-71F4-4708-9601-53E756B413D1-4650-00000391638C5D64.jpg

sweetstuff525
11-28-12, 10:31 AM
Yeah got excused from jury duty.... Lol

greygull
11-28-12, 10:47 AM

Yay! I've only been called once (knock on wood). I was able to postpone it for 2 months, and ended up going 2 days before Christmas. All the hearings that day took plea agreements, and everyone got to leave :)

Hubby, not so lucky out here - he's just been called for the second time in 3 years.

sweetstuff525
11-28-12, 10:59 AM
Yay! I've only been called once (knock on wood). I was able to postpone it for 2 months, and ended up going 2 days before Christmas. All the hearings that day took plea agreements, and everyone got to leave :)

Hubby, not so lucky out here - he's just been called for the second time in 3 years.

2 days ugh ... My husband is lucky he has never been called to go.... I was 3 times already but always had an excuse to not serve so I'm lucky.... It still took long time since I had to go
To get excused... But good to be home now

kooky panda
11-28-12, 11:40 AM

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n504/jessiex86/A4598B3B-71F4-4708-9601-53E756B413D1-4650-00000391638C5D64.jpg

LOL>>> force loving on a panda!!!!

pinkster73
11-28-12, 11:41 AM

How or why?

sweetstuff525
11-28-12, 12:06 PM
How or why?

Told them I didn't have babysitter to watch my 3 yr and pick my 8 yr from school (which I really don't have) since my husband switched his days he now works tommorow which was supposed to be his day off .. So today was his day off sort of

pinkster73
11-28-12, 12:11 PM
Told them I didn't have babysitter to watch my 3 yr and pick my 8 yr from school (which I really don't have) since my husband switched his days he now works tommorow which was supposed to be his day off .. So today was his day off sort of

And you didn't even have to throw yourself down the stairs!

sweetstuff525
11-28-12, 12:16 PM
And you didn't even have to throw yourself down the stairs!

Lol nope .... You did? Omg
Ther was a lot of people getting out of it no wonder why they call hundreds each day( the line was long)

pinkster73
11-28-12, 12:26 PM
Lol nope .... You did? Omg
Ther was a lot of people getting out of it no wonder why they call hundreds each day( the line was long)

No I fell on my own, no throwing myself, and not to get out of jury duty.

queentina3
11-28-12, 12:37 PM
No I fell on my own, no throwing myself, and not to get out of jury duty.

Yeah, pinkster is just clumsy and her vacuum cleaner was angry at her and fighting back. The vacuum cleaner won. :p

pinkster73
11-28-12, 03:02 PM
Yeah, pinkster is just clumsy and her vacuum cleaner was angry at her and fighting back. The vacuum cleaner won. :p

It didn't look like it won when I threw it in the dumpster. :p

queentina3
11-28-12, 03:07 PM
LMAO pinkster!!!

OMG, the hubby just came home with Tucker and he's HAIRLESS!!! He looks like a poodle after it has been shaven to be put in a Dog competition. My poor cat. There were huge clumps of hair on him that we TRIED to get off of him and gave up, so he went to the groomer and instead of just shaving them off and then trimming the hair, they SHAVED HIM COMPLETELY! They had to sedate him so he's really cranky right now, going to try to get a pic of him and then post it for you guys, but I have to be careful as he might just **** ME IN MY SLEEP!

The poor thing. *whimpers*

Tempete8
11-28-12, 03:11 PM
What's up with the throwing your self down the stairs. Is it fun??

queentina3
11-28-12, 03:16 PM
Sorry it's so blurry, I was chasing him around with my iPad. I REALLY need to get my camera out and clean the lenses, as I'll need it for xmas pics anyways. One of these days........ :rolleyes:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/queentina3/My%20Space%20Pics/Personal/002-1.jpg

Tempete8
11-28-12, 03:20 PM
He looks like a tiger. Lol

Tempete8
11-28-12, 03:21 PM
I mean a lion. Whoops

queentina3
11-28-12, 03:41 PM
Hehehe, that is what the hubby said too! I was like "A lion, a tiger, a bear, NOOOO it's TUCKER" :p

pinkster73
11-28-12, 03:49 PM
So cute! 2 of mine go in for "lion cuts". It must feel so good for them to get the matts off.

greygull
11-28-12, 03:51 PM
That's adorable! As long as he stays indoors, he shouldn't have any problems. Being mad at you guys for doing it to him - well.... Did hubby ask to get his nails cut while he was under? Lol

queentina3
11-28-12, 04:05 PM
No, no nail cutting although I should've thought of having them trimmed. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20. I'm not sure how he feels about it right now, but he's an indoor cat so he can just curl up on his bed in front of the propane fireplace for the next month while it all grows back. Or better yet maybe now he'll chose to sleep on our bed with us just to keep warm. LOL

Tempete8
11-28-12, 05:40 PM
I think your hubby is right on this one :) I'm on his side lol don't be mad at me. Its a miniature lion RwARRRRR!!!!

RealFarmer1222
11-28-12, 06:59 PM
That poor cat!

The pic I'd like to see is queentina chasing him around with her Ipad!

pinkster73
11-28-12, 07:24 PM
That poor cat!

The pic I'd like to see is queentina chasing him around with her Ipad!

Now that would be funny! Just picturing it is funny.

pinkster73
11-28-12, 07:38 PM
Big drama with my son. He called me a name (not too bad, but completely unacceptable), so i told him to enjoy washing his own uniform tonight, making his own supper, and shaving his own head. Im not doing ANYTHING for him until he sucks up. Im mad. :mad:

queentina3
11-28-12, 07:42 PM
Never see a pic of me doing that, EVER. LOL

My 10 yr old says things totally out of line to me at times, so I know the feeling. My 12 yr old rarely does something like that, and when he does, a look is all it takes and he's apologizing left and right. My 10 yr old calls him a brown-noser. LOL

pinkster73
11-28-12, 07:45 PM
Never see a pic of me doing that, EVER. LOL

My 10 yr old says things totally out of line to me at times, so I know the feeling. My 12 yr old rarely does something like that, and when he does, a look is all it takes and he's apologizing left and right. My 10 yr old calls him a brown-noser. LOL

He's almost 15 and hes always respected me. We're buddies but dont cross the Mom/son line. I'll get over it. With appropriate sucking up.

howdy2you
11-28-12, 07:47 PM
Big drama with my son. He called me a name (not too bad, but completely unacceptable), so i told him to enjoy washing his own uniform tonight, making his own supper, and shaving his own head. Im not doing ANYTHING for him until he sucks up. Im mad. :mad:

I can TOTALY sympathize. Young men are difficult. Sometimes I wonder what just happened? He was a good baby when I brought him home from the hospital. When did he get so smart and when did I get so dumb? Ugh...

pinkster73
11-28-12, 07:50 PM
I can TOTALY sympathize. Young men are difficult. Sometimes I wonder what just happened? He was a good baby when I brought him home from the hospital. When did he get so smart and when did I get so dumb? Ugh...

OMG your son knows EVERYTHING too? That's amazing!

howdy2you
11-28-12, 08:01 PM
OMG your son knows EVERYTHING too? That's amazing!

I'm thinking it's how they prepare to leave the nest. If things are real nice and happy then it would hurt too much to leave the nest. This way it's like "thank god I'm finally out of there" and you're like "yay he got his own place!"
This is my third time around and I still got 2 little birdies to chase off after this one. God help me!

queentina3
11-28-12, 08:05 PM
I'm thinking it's how they prepare to leave the nest. If things are real nice and happy then it would hurt too much to leave the nest. This way it's like "thank god I'm finally out of there" and you're like "yay he got his own place!"
This is my third time around and I still got 2 little birdies to chase off after this one. God help me!

LMAO, too true!

howdy2you
11-28-12, 08:14 PM
LMAO, too true!

Yah, buckle your seatbelt queentina, it's going to be a bumpy ride. My husband is a lot like yours. My boys have always worshiped him and so I'm always the one who gets the eye rolls. They call me "She"
She said this... She did that...

Tempete8
11-28-12, 08:25 PM

I guess he's not gettin his mini fridge for Christmas. Can I have it? :)

queentina3
11-28-12, 08:25 PM
She's unfair........That is the one I hear ALL THE TIME!

My 10 yr old will be the bigger problem but thank goodness he'll be the last one as I don't think I could handle another teenager after him, not without doing serious bodily harm. He's mouthy at times.

pinkster73
11-28-12, 08:33 PM
I guess he's not gettin his mini fridge for Christmas. Can I have it? :)

No way! Its mine!

Awww howdy, i dont want him to ever leave. He can live here forever. Im sure my feelings on this will change as he gets older.

Tempete8
11-28-12, 08:41 PM
Aw. Man

howdy2you
11-28-12, 08:46 PM
No way! Its mine!

Awww howdy, i dont want him to ever leave. He can live here forever. Im sure my feelings on this will change as he gets older.

He'll always be your baby! It might get rough for a little while but just around the corner you'll see a grown man standing in your kitchen. It's a magic moment. Nothing comes close to it!

mattyboo1
11-28-12, 08:50 PM

Oh my gosh LOL

howdy2you
11-28-12, 08:55 PM
She's unfair........That is the one I hear ALL THE TIME!

My 10 yr old will be the bigger problem but thank goodness he'll be the last one as I don't think I could handle another teenager after him, not without doing serious bodily harm. He's mouthy at times.

Lol. I got one of those too! 11 years old and cocky. He tries to tell me how to drive. My mom said its important for kids to have the courage to stand up when they think something isn't right. Hah she would make me see stars if I mouthed off to her. That's kinda funny when I think about it.
Did your mom put the curse on you. "your going to have one that acts just like you" carma....

lylahmae
11-28-12, 09:57 PM
I don't know about boys but my daughter is going to be bad. She is four and she argues with me about everything. And she doesn't listen to me at all, I could scream all day and she doesn't care but the minute Daddy even wispers jump she is asking how high. So not fair. Of course most of my issues are in the morning with her and he is at work. My grandpa was right when he told me God makes the bad ones cuter so we don't **** them.

pinkster73
11-28-12, 10:11 PM
I don't know about boys but my daughter is going to be bad. She is four and she argues with me about everything. And she doesn't listen to me at all, I could scream all day and she doesn't care but the minute Daddy even wispers jump she is asking how high. So not fair. Of course most of my issues are in the morning with her and he is at work. My grandpa was right when he told me God makes the bad ones cuter so we don't **** them.

My mom always said they make the first baby a good baby to trick you into having another one. My son who is older was an easygoing baby. My daughter, who is a year and a half younger, screamed until the age of 2. Like non-stop.

queentina3
11-28-12, 10:26 PM
Did your mom put the curse on you. "your going to have one that acts just like you" carma....

Yes and I told her when he gets too out of control I'll send him to her house for the weekend, then we'll see how much she likes it.

My grandpa was right when he told me God makes the bad ones cuter so we don't **** them.

VERY TRUE. If my 10 yr old wasn't so adorable and funny.......................SMH He can get me so angry but I have to turn away because I can't let him see me smiling. It isn't just the things he says, it is the look he has WHEN he says them that really do me in.

My mom always said they make the first baby a good baby to trick you into having another one. My son who is older was an easygoing baby. My daughter, who is a year and a half younger, screamed until the age of 2. Like non-stop.

My 10 yr old wouldn't even let me put him down for the first 2 months. If I tried he'd scream his head off. I couldn't get anything done around the house and had to get up before the hubby just so I could shower while he was still home. He'd come home from work and wonder why NOTHING got done all day. "HELLO, your son wouldn't let me put him down to even go pee!" When I had to go back to work I had the hubby drop the boys off at daycare to wean him off of me a bit, and then I'd pick them up. The first week was brutal, but then things calmed down.

Funny, he hasn't thrown a temper tantrum since he was about 2, but I'm sure I'll get a few during his teenage years. :rolleyes:

Off to bed for about 5 hours. So tired. *yawns*

queentina3
11-29-12, 07:15 AM
Funny conversation with my 10 yr old this morning.

10 yr old: I have the fieldtrip today so don't forget to make my lunch in the brown paper bag.
Me: I know, it's already made and sitting on the counter waiting for you to put it in your backpack.
10 yr old: *walks by dining room table and notices boxes on top* What are these?
Me: Boxes
10 yr old: I KNOW they are boxes, WHAT is in them?
Me: Stuff
10 yr old: *glares*
Me: *continues to type in the Farm forum threads*
10 yr old: *huffs, sighs, and stomps to the counter* Are you going to tell me WHAT the stuff is?
Me: No
10 yr old: Why not?
Me: Because
10 yr old: Because isn't a word, as you always say, so give me the REAL reason
Me: *trying really hard not to laugh* Whose name is on the boxes? Read the tag.
10 yr old: Your name is on there.
Me: Exactly, so why does it concern you? They don't have your name on them.
10 yr old: But...................They say Walmart.com on them and they are sealed up tightly, why? You can just drive to Walmart, why have items delivered?
Me: Because I'm lazy and didn't want to drive there. Don't you have to get to school? Isn't your bus coming soon?
10 yr old: Not for another 20 minutes. So what is in the boxes? What did you order?
Me: You're nozy, go play or something.
10 yr old: *stands there waiting*
Me: Fine, if I tell you will you go away? PLEASE? You're freaking me out standing there watching me type.
10 yr old: Tell me and I'll leave, promise.
Me: Some of your XMAS presents. Happy now? Isn't that going to BUG you ALL DAY knowing I have some of your XMAS presents here and you're at an Art Museum and can't open them, see them, even take a PEAK for another month? :p
10 yr old: You're a horrible horrible person, do you know that? *rolls eyes and goes upstairs*

Now I have to remove the Wii and other stuff that goes along with it from these boxes and wrap them in XMAS paper and hide them before he gets home. He'll be tearing the house apart looking for them and he'll never find them, which will annoy him even more. :cool:

kattybell
11-29-12, 07:26 AM

10 yr old: I have the fieldtrip today so don't forget to make my lunch in the brown paper bag.
Me: I know, it's already made and sitting on the counter waiting for you to put it in your backpack.
10 yr old: *walks by dining room table and notices boxes on top* What are these?
10 yr old: *huffs, sighs, and stomps to the counter* Are you going to tell me WHAT the stuff is?
10 yr old: But...................They say Walmart.com on them and they are sealed up tightly, why? You can just drive to Walmart, why have items delivered?
Me: Because I'm lazy and didn't want to drive there. Don't you have to get to school? Isn't your bus coming soon?
10 yr old: Not for another 20 minutes. So what is in the boxes? What did you order?
Me: Fine, if I tell you will you go away? PLEASE? You're freaking me out standing there watching me type.
Me: Some of your XMAS presents. Happy now? Isn't that going to BUG you ALL DAY knowing I have some of your XMAS presents here and you're at an Art Museum and can't open them, see them, even take a PEAK for another month? :p
10 yr old: You're a horrible horrible person, do you know that? *rolls eyes and goes upstairs*

Now I have to remove the Wii and other stuff that goes along with it from these boxes and wrap them in XMAS paper and hide them before he gets home. He'll be tearing the house apart looking for them and he'll never find them, which will annoy him even more. :cool:

Haha that's great!

pinkster73
11-29-12, 10:29 AM
I hid my delivered Christmas presents in the back of my closet then forbid the kids to look in the linen closet. Im so tricky tee hee

queentina3
11-29-12, 12:19 PM
I hid my delivered Christmas presents in the back of my closet then forbid the kids to look in the linen closet. Im so tricky tee hee

LOL!!! They can't find where I hide them as the access to the attack is against the back wall in my closet, and I block it with a rolling cart that holds my shoes, and place them in there every year. They get so frustrated not being able to find them. One of these years they're going to figure out THAT is where they are hidden, and I'll have to booby trap it against them. :p

howdy2you
11-29-12, 12:31 PM
I'm taking notes. This is good stuff!

pinkster73
11-29-12, 12:38 PM
LOL!!! They can't find where I hide them as the access to the attack is against the back wall in my closet, and I block it with a rolling cart that holds my shoes, and place them in there every year. They get so frustrated not being able to find them. One of these years they're going to figure out THAT is where they are hidden, and I'll have to booby trap it against them. :p

Attic and basement is off limits for me. Spiders.

kattybell
11-29-12, 12:46 PM

That reminds me of "Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation," when he's locked in the attic and finds the old presents. Has anyone seen the Old Navy commercial with him and his co-actress from that movie? I loved it!

queentina3
11-29-12, 01:15 PM

I just put them in there, hubby gets them out. It is just a crawl space attic that runs along the front of the house so I just shove them in and make him retrieve them. :p

That reminds me of "Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation," when he's locked in the attic and finds the old presents. Has anyone seen the Old Navy commercial with him and his co-actress from that movie? I loved it!

I love that movie, but no I haven't seen the commercial, or I don't recall it anyways. Old age, mind going....................

Tempete8
11-29-12, 01:21 PM

Me: t

You got him the new wii U huh?

queentina3
11-29-12, 01:53 PM
You got him the new wii U huh?

Yeah, it was on sale Thanksgiving day online for $99. :)

Tempete8
11-29-12, 02:07 PM
Yeah, it was on sale Thanksgiving day online for $99. :)

I knew it lol. I hope he enjoys it :)

RealFarmer1222
11-29-12, 04:37 PM
queentina, you should tell your kid when he asks about the boxes "oh those??? I sent them back because you were too nosy"

queentina3
11-29-12, 04:50 PM
queentina, you should tell your kid when he asks about the boxes "oh those??? I sent them back because you were too nosy"

OMG that is so cruel, I LOVE IT! He didn't even ask, at least not yet. He came home in a really bad mood and hasn't really talked to me. He didn't like the field trip and had an awful time on the bus ride home with this kid down the street that just won't leave him alone. Unfortunately that kid is ALSO in his class and SITS right next to him, so he can't get away from him. The kid follows him around like a lost puppy but treats him like dirt. The first day he met him he didn't like him and has tried to avoid him, so when he walked into class the 1st day of school he knew he'd be in for a rough year, and it hasn't got better. At the Parent/Teacher conference I asked the teacher to either move this kid or my kid to a different seat due to problems, but I guess that hasn't happened yet. I may have to call the school and ask again, as my kid almost punched him when they got off the bus today. :rolleyes:

Tempete8
11-29-12, 05:16 PM
OMG that is so cruel, I LOVE IT! He didn't even ask, at least not yet. He came home in a really bad mood and hasn't really talked to me. He didn't like the field trip and had an awful time on the bus ride home with this kid down the street that just won't leave him alone. Unfortunately that kid is ALSO in his class and SITS right next to him, so he can't get away from him. The kid follows him around like a lost puppy but treats him like dirt. The first day he met him he didn't like him and has tried to avoid him, so when he walked into class the 1st day of school he knew he'd be in for a rough year, and it hasn't got better. At the Parent/Teacher conference I asked the teacher to either move this kid or my kid to a different seat due to problems, but I guess that hasn't happened yet. I may have to call the school and ask again, as my kid almost punched him when they got off the bus today. :rolleyes:

Aw bullys they better leave him alone or something might happen baddly to Them.

lylahmae
11-29-12, 06:27 PM

My parents used to hide my presents in the neighbor's garage. My dad would go get them while I was at midnight mass with my mom.

pinkster73
11-29-12, 06:34 PM
My husband hides mine in the basement with the spiders.

Tempete8
11-29-12, 07:12 PM
My parents used to hide my presents in the neighbor's garage. My dad would go get them while I was at midnight mass with my mom.

Your neighbors didnt steal them??

copycats
11-29-12, 07:52 PM

Lol i have a funny chrismas present story to: so couple of weeks ago me my sister my mom and my grandma went to my favourite store. While in the store my grandma asked me what would you like for christmas? So i got a catalog and circled everything i wanted from it. Weeks later my aunt asked me waht i wanted for christmas and i told her grandma had the catalog i circled. But when my aunt asked for it she said i threw it out:rolleyes:

lylahmae
11-29-12, 09:00 PM
Your neighbors didnt steal them??

Lol! The neighbors knew they were there, they had kids who were older but no grandkids at the time so the three of us kids next door sort of gave them a kid fix.

pinkster73
11-29-12, 09:12 PM
Woot! I got the matching pink carpet around the toilet thingee! (and that's my cat sunny)

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1354248478668.jpg

queentina3
11-29-12, 09:22 PM
Lol i have a funny chrismas present story to: so couple of weeks ago me my sister my mom and my grandma went to my favourite store. While in the store my grandma asked me what would you like for christmas? So i got a catalog and circled everything i wanted from it. Weeks later my aunt asked me waht i wanted for christmas and i told her grandma had the catalog i circled. But when my aunt asked for it she said i threw it out:rolleyes:

LOL, she asks what you want and then throws away your list. CLASSIC! :p

Woot! I got the matching pink carpet around the toilet thingee! (and that's my cat sunny)

Sunny is adorable, and doesn't run from cameras. Then again, that cat still has hair. Does that cat move when you have to tinkle or just give you a look that says "go to the other bathroom, I'm not moving for you"

queentina3
11-29-12, 09:27 PM
So I cornered my 10 yr old before he went to bed to find out exactly how he felt about the field trip to the Art Museum. He said he liked it and was just in a bad mood so lied to me earlier. :rolleyes:

His one big comment, that he couldn't stop discussing, was the fact that all the statues they saw were naked. "Mom, you could see the girl and boy bits, they didn't have them covered at all. It was so embarrasing walking by a statue that was naked. Why didn't they make them wearing clothes? One of them even had a bow and arrow but NO clothes on! They at least wore loin clothes back in those days, so WHY wouldn't they dress them that way?"

Needless to say I had tears running down my face from laughing so hard and really didn't know what to tell him. He just kept looking at me with this innocent face waiting for an answer, one that would never come, as I laughed myself sick. I think he may have Art class tomorrow, or it could have been today and he missed it due to the field trip, I'll ask him in the AM. If he does have Art, I'll ask him to ask his teacher that question. Let her try to keep a straight face and actually ANSWER that question.

pinkster73
11-29-12, 09:28 PM
LOL, she asks what you want and then throws away your list. CLASSIC! :p

Sunny is adorable, and doesn't run from cameras. Then again, that cat still has hair. Does that cat move when you have to tinkle or just give you a look that says "go to the other bathroom, I'm not moving for you"

We have to arrange our feet around her ha ha. And she does sometimes get a lion cut. No sedation though, shes a floppy ragdoll.

queentina3
11-29-12, 09:30 PM
We have to arrange our feet around her ha ha. And she does sometimes get a lion cut. No sedation though, shes a floppy ragdoll.

LMAO, I guess squatting won't work with that cat around, somebody might tip over. hehehe

kattybell
11-30-12, 06:47 AM

She's so beautiful!

RealFarmer1222
11-30-12, 09:14 AM
Well, call me a doofus.....

I was telling my brother-in-law yesterday about the dryer problems and he asked if I was sure I got the belt on right. I assured him I did but later thought maybe.....

Took me about 5 minutes to put it on right and now it's working fine.

pinkster73
11-30-12, 09:20 AM

I was telling my brother-in-law yesterday about the dryer problems and he asked if I was sure I got the belt on right. I assured him I did but later thought maybe.....

Well, admitting it is the first step.

queentina3
11-30-12, 09:28 AM

See what happens when you take things apart? You have to make sure you put them back together right. SMH *tsk tsk*

howdy2you
11-30-12, 04:49 PM

Pretty kitty! Smiles...

howdy2you
11-30-12, 04:53 PM

Is it still squealing. Somtimes the felt seal gets bunched and causes squealing and belts getting chewed up. Also socks getting jammed between the drum and the rollers or motor.

RealFarmer1222
11-30-12, 07:03 PM
Is it still squealing. Somtimes the felt seal gets bunched and causes squealing and belts getting chewed up. Also socks getting jammed between the drum and the rollers or motor.

No squealing...I oiled the bearing on the idler.

greygull
11-30-12, 07:44 PM
Ok, someone try to explain something for me, because I just don't get it. I needed a doctors note for my daughter for at school (long story). I call the docs office, ask if they can write one up. Sure, not a problem. Ok, can you fax it to the school? No. What? No, it would violate privacy laws. What??? You're writing the note FOR the school specifically, but you can't GIVE it to the school? It has my daughters name, her doctors name and phone number, one sentence saying "she was seen on this date for this, she is not contagious". There is nothing that private about it. They're not providing her entire medical record in there - and the school has all of her medical information anyways.

So I got to waste my gas driving to the docs office to pic it up, drive to hubby's work, and fax it myself.

Tempete8
11-30-12, 07:58 PM
I L♡VE Your bathroom floor mats pink.

Tempete8
11-30-12, 07:59 PM
WHOOHOO there's a possibility I may get a car for Christmas... :D

queentina3
11-30-12, 08:00 PM
Wish I had an answer GG but my Drs office is the same exact way. Even the medical file that the Drs have to fill out for the school to keep at the beginning of every year needs to be hand picked up, they won't even mail or fax it to me, let alone to the school. The last time I had to take one of the boys to the Drs office that required them to have a note to go back to school, I asked the Dr to fill it out while I was there and I would just write the date allowed in when we both felt he could go back, this way I wouldn't have to drive back down there again to get the note. Such a pain..............

howdy2you
11-30-12, 08:15 PM
Ok, someone try to explain something for me, because I just don't get it. I needed a doctors note for my daughter for at school (long story). I call the docs office, ask if they can write one up. Sure, not a problem. Ok, can you fax it to the school? No. What? No, it would violate privacy laws. What??? You're writing the note FOR the school specifically, but you can't GIVE it to the school? It has my daughters name, her doctors name and phone number, one sentence saying "she was seen on this date for this, she is not contagious". There is nothing that private about it. They're not providing her entire medical record in there - and the school has all of her medical information anyways.

So I got to waste my gas driving to the docs office to pic it up, drive to hubby's work, and fax it myself.

GG that just makes no sense! Where has common sense gone? It's rediculous! Jumping hoops...
Tempete8 woo Hoo! So excited for you! what kind of car?

nmishii
11-30-12, 08:24 PM

Wish I had an answer GG but my Drs office is the same exact way. Even the medical file that the Drs have to fill out for the school to keep at the beginning of every year needs to be hand picked up, they won't even mail or fax it to me, let alone to the school. The last time I had to take one of the boys to the Drs office that required them to have a note to go back to school, I asked the Dr to fill it out while I was there and I would just write the date allowed in when we both felt he could go back, this way I wouldn't have to drive back down there again to get the note. Such a pain..............

Its not just school notes. Earlier this year I got x-rays on my shoulder that were sent to my doctor. My doctor referred me to a specialist and when I called to make an appointment I was told I needed to bring in the x-rays. They wouldn't call the in-network hospital to request them. Then I called the hospital and was told they couldn't send the x-rays to the specialist or to my house, but I had to pick them up so they can verify its me who is picking them up ... privacy law. So I go to the hospital and requested a copy of the x-rays, and they gave them to me WITHOUT asking for any type of ID.

pinkster73
11-30-12, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure about the states, but here we have FOIP - Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, which causes some really stupid situations. They forgot to include the COMMON SENSE part.

Tempete8
11-30-12, 11:51 PM
GG that just makes no sense! Where has common sense gone? It's rediculous! Jumping hoops...
Tempete8 woo Hoo! So excited for you! what kind of car?
Idk anycar would be ok. As long as I get one. :)

lylahmae
12-01-12, 06:54 AM
Its not just school notes. Earlier this year I got x-rays on my shoulder that were sent to my doctor. My doctor referred me to a specialist and when I called to make an appointment I was told I needed to bring in the x-rays. They wouldn't call the in-network hospital to request them. Then I called the hospital and was told they couldn't send the x-rays to the specialist or to my house, but I had to pick them up so they can verify its me who is picking them up ... privacy law. So I go to the hospital and requested a copy of the x-rays, and they gave them to me WITHOUT asking for any type of ID.
I take a prescription that is a controlled substance (for add) and you have to call the doctors office to request a refill every month so nobody can fill the prescription that is not you. My brother takes the same thing. Almost every time I call in his prescription with mine and my mom picks them up because she drives by there every day. She has Also filled the prescriptions a couple times....nobody asks for ID...ever.

howdy2you
12-01-12, 09:29 AM
Idk anycar would be ok. As long as I get one. :)

If you get a 4 cylinder you will save a lot of money on gas.

pinkster73
12-01-12, 10:43 AM
I got my hubby a trip to Mexico for Christmas. We're going in january. Woot! THE SUN!

howdy2you
12-01-12, 10:55 AM
I got my hubby a trip to Mexico for Christmas. We're going in january. Woot! THE SUN!

Mmmm... Suntan oil... Tequila... Your hubby will love it!

queentina3
12-01-12, 11:09 AM

That sounds great!

shakiba
12-01-12, 11:32 AM
Thats good to hear Pinkster!

My family and I are going to Florida in 2 weeks. Can't wait to see some sun instead of clouds and some snow. The farthest I've been to the US was Washington D.C, and I was only 1 years old, so I'm pretty much excited here. :)

pinkster73
12-01-12, 11:59 AM
I've never been to the states. Ive flown over it a few times. :p

RealFarmer1222
12-01-12, 12:09 PM

My sister went to Mexico last month. Some private resort near Cancun. She said it was the best vacation she had.

On another note.....

Call me doofus.....AGAIN!

I was burning some brush and paper and the fire got away from me. Had to call the fire dept. to help put it out before the whole back pasture caught on fire.

Tempete8
12-01-12, 12:56 PM
If you get a 4 cylinder you will save a lot of money on gas.

Its not gona b a new one its gona be used.

Tempete8
12-01-12, 01:01 PM
I've never been to the states. Ive flown over it a few times. :p

I'll see you in yhe sky then lol jp

nmishii
12-01-12, 01:33 PM

That sounds like a lot of fun. I love Cabos.

copycats
12-01-12, 01:55 PM

Lucky i always wanted to go to mexico but my parents say its too expencive:(

pinkster73
12-01-12, 02:17 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun. I love Cabos.

We've been to the cabo side a couple times so this time I booked Mazatlan. Ive never tried that side.

pinkster73
12-01-12, 02:20 PM
My sister went to Mexico last month. Some private resort near Cancun. She said it was the best vacation she had.

On another note.....

I was burning some brush and paper and the fire got away from me. Had to call the fire dept. to help put it out before the whole back pasture caught on fire.

You would be so fun to hang out with. :p

queentina3
12-01-12, 03:31 PM

I'm concerned. First you bang your head, then you take apart your dryer and neglect to put it back together corrently the first time around, now you're burning down the countryside. Is the next post going to be you blew yourself up? :p

howdy2you
12-01-12, 06:27 PM
Almost everyone has almost burned the country side up once or twice. Granny always said things happen in threes so you should be good to go now real farmer. No worries.

pinkster73
12-01-12, 06:57 PM
Almost everyone has almost burned the country side up once or twice. Granny always said things happen in threes so you should be good to go now real farmer. No worries.

Unless he starts another series of 3.

maguar
12-01-12, 07:05 PM
Unless he starts another series of 3.

Then it becomes part of a series of three series with a total of 9 things.

nmishii
12-01-12, 07:16 PM
We've been to the cabo side a couple times so this time I booked Mazatlan. Ive never tried that side.

I haven't been to Mazatlan but would like to one day. I was supposed to go there one day on a cruise but they said it wasn't safe (rumors are the cruise ships were protesting high port rates) so we spent another day in Cabo.

queentina3
12-01-12, 07:28 PM
I just think he needs a babysitter at this point. :p

I've never been to Mexico, but almost went to Tijuana while I was visiting San Diego/LA/Vegas back in the early 90s, but we ran out of time on our trip. I'm sure I would have had a blast there, but wouldn't have recalled much of it. Considering parts of Vegas are still a bit fuzzy in my head, it wouldn't be shocking to me if I HAD gone to Tijuana and just don't remember it. :)

greygull
12-01-12, 08:31 PM
Saw this at the store, and wondered if pinkster already had it ;)

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/2012-12-01_16-15-59_791.jpg

pinkster73
12-01-12, 10:10 PM

OMG get it! Ill send you a check! Like greygullazon.

What a day. Ive arranged a cat sitter for my 6 cats, got my stepdad to take my niece for when I'm supposed to have her, arranged for the kids to stay at their dads house the week i'll be away, had to find our passports which I had hidden in a safe place, and tonight i ATE A FROGS LEG. Im a little traumatized.

RealFarmer1222
12-01-12, 10:14 PM
I'm concerned. First you bang your head, then you take apart your dryer and neglect to put it back together corrently the first time around, now you're burning down the countryside. Is the next post going to be you blew yourself up? :p

Errrrrr....

http://www.mtvfc1.org/images/History/History_Calls_Explosion.gif

Seriously, it's been a bad week. But Tuesday my brother is coming down and we are putting the engine in a tractor back together.

I'm going to keep the fire extinquisher handy!:rolleyes:

pinkster73
12-01-12, 10:18 PM
Errrrrr....

Seriously, it's been a bad week. But Tuesday my brother is coming down and we are putting the engine in a tractor back together.

Did YOU do that?

Check out the hoodie i got today. Note the ears :p

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1354425337267.jpg

Tempete8
12-01-12, 10:22 PM

What a day. Ive arranged a cat sitter for my 6 cats, got my stepdad to take my niece for when I'm supposed to have her, arranged for the kids to stay at their dads house the week i'll be away, had to find our passports which I had hidden in a safe place, and tonight i ATE A FROGS LEG. Im a little traumatized.

So yoyr current husband isn't your kids father?

greygull
12-01-12, 10:35 PM

It's on clearance too lol - I think it was $15 USD

And ewwww, to both your day and the food

pinkster73
12-01-12, 10:37 PM
So yoyr current husband isn't your kids father?

No. I was married for 10 years to my first husband. Hes my kid's father. My current hubby and i have no kids. Im spayed now :p

Tempete8
12-01-12, 10:48 PM
No. I was married for 10 years to my first husband. Hes my kid's father. My current hubby and i have no kids. Im spayed now :p

Oh hey I didn't need to know all that lol

sourlicorice5
12-02-12, 08:45 AM
Oh hey I didn't need to know all that lol

Lol you should know by now when you ask pinkster a question, she's going to answer with a funny smarty pants response :p

Thanks for the laugh pinkster :p

sourlicorice5
12-02-12, 08:47 AM
Errrrrr....

Ooh that looks bad. I've had bad weeks before but I think yours trumps any of my bad weeks.

queentina3
12-02-12, 10:50 AM
Errrrrr....

You should have used the pic of your pink neighbors house and then photoshopped in the destruction, it would have made Pinkster cry. Sorry about your week, hopefully this coming one will be better for you. :)

Tempete8
12-02-12, 01:19 PM
Lol you should know by now when you ask pinkster a question, she's going to answer with a funny smarty pants response :p

Thanks for the laugh pinkster :p

Lol yeah its funny though I L♡VE pinkster XD

KassyKat7
12-02-12, 07:40 PM
Omg! Thats SO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!! I wanna hug him too! Me Next! Me Next!

Although... he does look a little demonic...

pinkster73
12-02-12, 09:35 PM
Omg! Thats SO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!! I wanna hug him too! Me Next! Me Next!

Although... he does look a little demonic...

Who looks demonic?

pinkster73
12-03-12, 12:08 PM
Kate Middleton is pregnant! (if anyone but me cares)

Tempete8
12-03-12, 12:15 PM
Kate Middleton is pregnant! (if anyone but me cares)

I knew that

Tempete8
12-03-12, 01:23 PM
can I be called redster in the forum for now??

FarmerTrunte
12-03-12, 01:59 PM
I knew that

I knew that too... But sorry I don't care ;)

pinkster73
12-03-12, 02:08 PM
can I be called redster in the forum for now??

Sounds like red lobster

Tempete8
12-03-12, 03:40 PM
Sounds like red lobster

Lol omg should I take that personally. "Pinkster"

Tempete8
12-03-12, 03:41 PM
I knew that too... But sorry I don't care ;)

Same here

pinkster73
12-03-12, 04:47 PM
Lol omg should I take that personally. "Pinkster"

I love red lobster, nom nom nom

Tempete8
12-03-12, 05:37 PM
I love red lobster, nom nom nom

So do I. But I am not red lobster.

lylahmae
12-03-12, 06:05 PM
My Great Nana passed on Sunday afternoon. She was 95, she had five daughters, nineteen grandchildren, thirtythree greatgrandchildren, and one greatgreatgrandchild. She was a lovely spunky little blonde woman who wore blue mascara because it matched her eyes. She will be missed.

Tempete8
12-03-12, 06:10 PM
Aw I'm sorry for your lost. Hugs you :)

pinkster73
12-03-12, 06:24 PM
My Great Nana passed on Sunday afternoon. She was 95, she had five daughters, nineteen grandchildren, thirtythree greatgrandchildren, and one greatgreatgrandchild. She was a lovely spunky little blonde woman who wore blue mascara because it matched her eyes. She will be missed.

Awww sorry for your loss.

Tempete8
12-03-12, 06:25 PM
Countdown to my NEW TL Forum Title.

Tempete8
12-03-12, 06:27 PM

Tempete8
12-03-12, 06:29 PM

Tempete8
12-03-12, 06:31 PM
1 Whooooohoooo!!!"

Tempete8
12-03-12, 06:32 PM
Now Executive Chef :)

shakiba
12-03-12, 07:43 PM
Sorry for your loss lylahmae.

pinkster73
12-03-12, 08:26 PM

Good job!

howdy2you
12-03-12, 08:30 PM
Sorry lylahmae.....

Tempete8
12-03-12, 08:46 PM
Good job!

Thankyou

Tempete8
12-03-12, 08:47 PM
Good job!

Thankyou

Tempete8
12-03-12, 08:50 PM
Wow my internet messed up sorry for the double post

RealFarmer1222
12-03-12, 09:43 PM

sorry to hear that.

That's a BIG family!

nmishii
12-03-12, 10:28 PM

Sorry for the loss of your Great Nana.

nmishii
12-03-12, 10:35 PM

But does it spray pink water??? This one is $54.95 with free shipping.

http://cache2.smarthome.com/images/35007p.jpg (http://cache.smarthome.com/images/35007pbig.jpg)

nmishii
12-03-12, 10:37 PM

Congratulations. That was my favorite title.

Tempete8
12-03-12, 11:12 PM
Congratulations. That was my favorite title.

Thankyou

copycats
12-03-12, 11:42 PM

Sorry for your loss:(

pinkster73
12-04-12, 06:45 AM
But does it spray pink water??? This one is $54.95 with free shipping.

http://cache2.smarthome.com/images/35007p.jpg (http://cache.smarthome.com/images/35007pbig.jpg)

Turns out with all the other parts i need the other one would end up costing that much. That one is cool, and would be handy for the times the power goes out while im in the shower. (which has actually happened twice in the last few months).

pinkster73
12-04-12, 08:26 AM
So for my trip to Mexico we have to pay to have assigned seating. $30 each way to be able to sit together. Seriously? The fact i bought 2 plane tickets isnt enough?

Is there a fee to use the bathroom once on board too? I wouldnt be surprised. So we arent paying and we arent sitting together. We can just throw our backpack snacks to eachother. "Hey! Mr. Pinkster! Throw me the beef jerky!"

sourlicorice5
12-04-12, 09:20 AM
So for my trip to Mexico we have to pay to have assigned seating. $30 each way to be able to sit together. Seriously? The fact i bought 2 plane tickets isnt enough?

Is there a fee to use the bathroom once on board too? I wouldnt be surprised. So we arent paying and we arent sitting together. We can just throw our backpack snacks to eachother. "Hey! Mr. Pinkster! Throw me the beef jerky!"

That's just crazy. It just boils down to money. I've never had to pay extra for assigned seating. When I check in with family they automatically assign us seats together (unless we check in late and there isn't any seats available together). What airline are you flying so I know never to book that airline?

pinkster73
12-04-12, 10:05 AM
That's just crazy. It just boils down to money. I've never had to pay extra for assigned seating. When I check in with family they automatically assign us seats together (unless we check in late and there isn't any seats available together). What airline are you flying so I know never to book that airline?

Sunwing. You get a free welcome champagne, hot towel, free meals, free wine, and free pop. And have to pay to sit together.

howdy2you
12-04-12, 10:13 AM
Sunwing. You get a free welcome champagne, hot towel, free meals, free wine, and free pop. And have to pay to sit together.

Hah hah that's funny!

sourlicorice5
12-04-12, 11:26 AM
I've never heard of Sunwing before.

sourlicorice5
12-04-12, 11:27 AM

So if you pay to sit together you don't really get free food etc. sneaky little boogers.

FarmerTrunte
12-04-12, 02:24 PM
BRRR... It's cold here... minus 15 degrees Celsius and the humidity is 92 %, go straight to the bones :(

Tempete8
12-04-12, 02:43 PM
I want cinnamon rolls/sticky buns

lylahmae
12-04-12, 02:45 PM
Thank you to everyone you guys are great!

Realfarmer, my Dad has 7 siblings and my Mom has 10. So yes I have a very large family. I think a big family is great. My husband has only two aunts and one first cousin. He does have four brothers but it still seems like hardly any people at parties and such.

howdy2you
12-04-12, 03:58 PM
Thank you to everyone you guys are great!

Realfarmer, my Dad has 7 siblings and my Mom has 10. So yes I have a very large family. I think a big family is great. My husband has only two aunts and one first cousin. He does have four brothers but it still seems like hardly any people at parties and such.

Wow we, 11 kids. I am 1 of 5 and my husband is one of seven and my husband has eight kids and I raised 5 boys not to mention the numerous extra kids in my house for dinner. It's noisy and always a commotion.
Having a big family has its drawbacks for example there is a lot of competition going on among the grown siblings which seems petty and rediculous. With my inlaws I keep my mouth shut but it doesn't keep them from meddling in my life. I just have to laugh because they have their own problems that they should be dealing with. I told my sister in law "I think it's nice that you want to meddle in my family;) it just got real quiet. I just couldn't resist.

pinkster73
12-04-12, 05:22 PM
Wow we, 11 kids. I am 1 of 5 and my husband is one of seven and my husband has eight kids and I raised 5 boys not to mention the numerous extra kids in my house for dinner. It's noisy and always a commotion.
Having a big family has its drawbacks for example there is a lot of competition going on among the grown siblings which seems petty and rediculous. With my inlaws I keep my mouth shut but it doesn't keep them from meddling in my life. I just have to laugh because they have their own problems that they should be dealing with. I told my sister in law "I think it's nice that you want to meddle in my family;) it just got real quiet. I just couldn't resist.

Ha ha passive aggressive PUNCH!

My ex's family was HUGE and frankly almost cultish. My current husband only has 2 estranged parents I've never met, and a sister we see every couple of years. Perfect.

howdy2you
12-04-12, 06:17 PM
Ha ha passive aggressive PUNCH!

My ex's family was HUGE and frankly almost cultish. My current husband only has 2 estranged parents I've never met, and a sister we see every couple of years. Perfect.

I just googled passive aggressive punch. Ooh that's a bad thing! My inlaws are cultish. I always feel like I'm on my own there and I do have a lot of resentment. At the same time I love them all. Holidays and get togethers are so rough on me.

RealFarmer1222
12-04-12, 08:10 PM
I only have one sister-in-law that is somewhat annoying(other sis-in-law just sent me a nice bag o' coffee for Xmas).

My grandfather (mother's side) was one of 13 kids and his father came from a 10+ family. We still keep his name to farm so I always get questions "are you related to such and such". and I say yes...distantly.

Then I tell them it all goes back to Nicholas, who arrived here in 1770 for "Germany", although Germany wasn't even a country then.

pinkster73
12-04-12, 08:21 PM
I just googled passive aggressive punch. Ooh that's a bad thing! My inlaws are cultish. I always feel like I'm on my own there and I do have a lot of resentment. At the same time I love them all. Holidays and get togethers are so rough on me.

You googled passive aggressive punch? I made that up when I said that. Or so i thought. I also think what you said was good, sometimes people don't even realize they're doing something until you say something.

howdy2you
12-04-12, 08:55 PM
You googled passive aggressive punch? I made that up when I said that. Or so i thought. I also think what you said was good, sometimes people don't even realize they're doing something until you say something.

Lol then I googled cultish. My inlaws are more like a tribe. The hardest part is sticking it out. after I told her that I had to stick around and laugh and joke around or else they'll sense weakness and eat you alive.

copycats
12-04-12, 11:00 PM

This reminds me of when we came back from new york. Here is our timetable for the day:
(AM)
5:00 get up get dressed finish packing etc.
6:30 catch subway/bus
7:30 arrive at airport check in go through security etc
8:00 eat at airport wait till our 8:30 flight
8:15 board plane
9:15 leave airport for chicago (we were delayed because of a storm)
11:15 arrive at chicago airport
11:30 eat lunch in chicago
(PM)
12:30 arrive back at airport go through security AGAIN look around shops etc
1:30 arrive at our gate
2:00 find out that our 3:00 flight home has been DELAYED because the plane coming from new york has run into mecanical difficulties and TURNED BACK
3:00 our gate gets changed but we were near our new gate
5:30 look for other flights to transfer onto to get home (we had no luck:()
7:30 eat dinner at the airport
8:00 have desert at the airport
8:15 panic because they change our gate AGAIN and the flight was scedueled to leave at 8:30
8:25 arrive at new gate
8:45 board plane (we had to wait for a person from the flight crew to show up)
9:00 leave airport (FINALLY)
(AM)
12:00 arrive back at airport collect baggage go turough customs etc
12:30 phone my grandma for a ride (we had no luck)
12:45 take taxi home
1:00 arrive home unpack etc
2:00 go to sleep

I will say that is the longest i have ever had to wait at the airport and it was exausting!

sourlicorice5
12-05-12, 11:31 AM
I am in Vientiane, Laos on a visa trip. Booked into the hotel. Got to the room and went to use the bathroom to find this tacky looking sink. A blue sparkly heart shaped sink :p

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/dangit1234/f2307be72091340cec3ccf141a187ab1.jpg

howdy2you
12-05-12, 11:52 AM
Hah hah that looks like some kind of medical device, lol!

pinkster73
12-05-12, 01:16 PM
Tacky?! I think its awesome! It would be better in pink.

Oh and i caved and paid for mr. pinkster and I to sit together on the plane.

lylahmae
12-06-12, 06:58 AM
That sink is fantastic!

pinkster73
12-06-12, 10:21 PM
This time of year is supposed to be all wonderful, but im finding it completely overwhelming.

Vent over.

shakiba
12-07-12, 04:41 PM
Ugh so mad!! I have to wake up at 2 in the morning to catch our flight to Florida, and since its a less than 3hrs ride, they won't provide us meals!!! GRRR...

@sourlicorice: Wow, how is that sink tacky? It's so nice from the sparkles, blue and the heart shape!!

lylahmae
12-07-12, 04:58 PM
This time of year is supposed to be all wonderful, but im finding it completely overwhelming.

Vent over.

You are just overly emotional at the thought of warm weather:p

pinkster73
12-08-12, 09:26 PM
OMG today was leadership camp graduation speeches day. IT WAS 4 FREAKING HOURS LONG! Good thing they didn't even bother to serve refreshments, not even water, or i would have tried to drown myself in a water bottle or stab myself in the eye with a fork.

Good times

howdy2you
12-08-12, 09:28 PM
OMG today was leadership camp graduation speeches day. IT WAS 4 FREAKING HOURS LONG! Good thing they didn't even bother to serve refreshments, not even water, or i would have tried to drown myself in a water bottle or stab myself in the eye with a fork.

Good times
Torture! How did your speach go?

pinkster73
12-08-12, 09:43 PM
Torture! How did your speach go?

Turns out my son had to read the speech I wrote. He did wonderful. I enjoyed that part. It was the other 3 hours and 55 that was torture.

I have a question about pictures and 'puters. Im not taking my phone on holiday but my phone is my camera. I was going to buy a couple disposable cameras like i usually do but i want to know if theres a way or a place that can scan my pictures to make it so i can post and email them. Is there a such thing? Help!

nmishii
12-08-12, 10:09 PM
You might be able to get them to put your pictures on a CD/DVD when you develop them.

If not, Walmart can do it:
http://www.dvdwalmart.com/slides_photos_to_DVD.aspx

pinkster73
12-08-12, 10:35 PM
You might be able to get them to put your pictures on a CD/DVD when you develop them.

If not, Walmart can do it:
http://www.dvdwalmart.com/slides_photos_to_DVD.aspx

Awesome thanks! I didn't even know if that was possible.

nmishii
12-08-12, 10:58 PM
If you want to take your phone with you to use as a camera, and you want to avoid all the international charges, you can call your service provider and make sure all that stuff isn't activated. It shouldn't be activated by default. You might also need an adapter to charge your phone.

sourlicorice5
12-08-12, 11:50 PM
Ugh so mad!! I have to wake up at 2 in the morning to catch our flight to Florida, and since its a less than 3hrs ride, they won't provide us meals!!! GRRR...

@sourlicorice: Wow, how is that sink tacky? It's so nice from the sparkles, blue and the heart shape!!

Sparkles aren't my thing lol(at least not for a bathroom). Though a pink or purple sparkly laptop I might go for lol.

shakiba
12-09-12, 07:59 AM
Lol sourlicorice.

Wow pinkster, you deserve a break. Right now, my parents are on those time-share meeting. So far it's been almost 2 hrs and my mom said it'll only take an 1 or so.

pinkster73
12-09-12, 09:17 AM
If you want to take your phone with you to use as a camera, and you want to avoid all the international charges, you can call your service provider and make sure all that stuff isn't activated. It shouldn't be activated by default. You might also need an adapter to charge your phone.

Nope. No way. Id be too tempted to play on it. Im abandoning it for the week.

sourlicorice5
12-09-12, 09:43 AM
Nope. No way. Id be too tempted to play on it. Im abandoning it for the week.

I think that's a good idea lol. I take it when I'm on holiday and end up playing. Though in the evenings. During the day I'm out and relaxing.

sourlicorice5
12-09-12, 09:50 AM
I'm looking forward to the 21st. School has their annual Xmas fair for the students. I'm busy coloring the ends of lollipops for a game. Unfortunetly I have to tape the ends cause the permanent marker s****es off to easy on plastic :-(. I've finished 137. I only have 200 more to go. I got some great prizes for it. I bought them. The school supplies prizes but they only ever get pencils, erasers etc though last year all they supplied was candy. Meanwhile the Thai department pools the money they are allocated for the year for parties or whatever and buys huge prizes (stuffed animals etc). Last year my game stall looked really pathetic next to the Thais (I only had cheap small pieces of candy).

This year I bought the prizes. Mind you the Thai department will have way more prizes but I don't care about that. I just don't want to be embarressed again with boring pieces of candy. I'll keep the money I make from the game. I won't make it all back but it'll be worth it to watch the kids get excited when they win a prize.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/dangit1234/599d0aa8a729dbb5a2703a8d4e1430e3.jpg

sourlicorice5
12-09-12, 09:50 AM
S****es should be sc ra pes

pinkster73
12-09-12, 02:10 PM
Pink ends! Awesome!

sourlicorice5
12-09-12, 08:04 PM
Pink ends! Awesome!

Lol not all of them have pink ends. There's six other colors as well :p color coded for different prizes. Small to big (pink ends means small prize like a pencil etc.). There is one red one for the main prize. A huge stuffed animal ;-)

lylahmae
12-09-12, 08:18 PM
Lol not all of them have pink ends. There's six other colors as well :p color coded for different prizes. Small to big (pink ends means small prize like a pencil etc.). There is one red one for the main prize. A huge stuffed animal ;-)

I did a game like this once and the big prize was gone like the second kid...oddly it made the game more popular.

sourlicorice5
12-09-12, 09:46 PM
I did a game like this once and the big prize was gone like the second kid...oddly it made the game more popular.

Hopefully it won't go right away. There are 500 lollipops (not all of them are colored. Draw an uncoloured one u get to keep the lollipop but no prize) so the odds of finding one red colored lollipop won't be easy.

howdy2you
12-10-12, 10:19 PM
I love lolly pops and teddy bears! :)

pinkster73
12-11-12, 07:04 AM
I love lolly pops and teddy bears! :)

How could you not?

I love mini garlic pickles too.