11: How Events Work
Timed Events are an added bonus to the game and are optional. Participation in Events are not required to advance in the game. They can also be very hard for players due to being resource heavy and time intensive.
Examples of previous events:
1. Midsummer Pyre Festival August 2014 (Expired)
2. Halloween October 2014 (Expired)
3. Happy Glimmer Year! December 2015 (Expired)
What happens when an event finishes?
* Special adventures, crafts, trades will disappear from the related list when the final upgrade has been achieved or the event expires.
* Any unfinished buildings/items can only be completed with gems at the conclusion of an event.
- You can upgrade anytime using gems.* Any item earned will remain in your kingdom or inventory.
- How many gems you need to use depends on how far you got in the event.
- Only a fully upgraded building/item will have drops outlined in the Building and/or Inventory Guide.
- I've included the cost of each special item in gems in most threads so you can work out exactly how many gems it would take you to complete a building/item. If a thread doesn't have that information then the Main Goal Guide may have photos.
Community events have two parts to them.
1. Individual prizes - you earn for yourself. You have to work to get these yourself.
2. Community prizes - everyone who joins in the event contributes to the count of items to gain the community prizes.
Events will introduce a new Item - eg, Kingdom citizen, Animal, Building, Craft or Decoration/s
Any of the above or a combination of these may be the reward when the related event is completed.
Crafting: During a Timed Event crafting specific items may be required and/or a special craft may become available during the event.
Building: a new building may require basic materials only or the addition of a new craft or item received through an Adventure, Craft or Trade.
Royal Exchange: Trades - a Special trade maybe available during the event. It may require the use of a new craft to acquire a specific item for a quest.
Special Adventure: a Special adventure may become available during the event. It may require the use of a new craft to acquire a specific item for a quest.
Levels 15-17 seems to be the most common level for Timed Events and do not take into account the multiple story goals available at that level.
This list does not include any items from goals that are possibly in progress, eg, players that may or may not have unlocked the Magic Garden or the Tablet of Tabernum.
Upon reaching Level 15 most new players have the following basics:
Old Thomas & Ivy walking around the kingdom.
Adventures: Search the Ancient Vault, Hunt the Roaming Bandits
Farm Plots: 35
Kitchen: Basic crafts - Flour, Sugar, Bread, Grits, Breaded Fish, Noodles, Pasta, Hearty Stew, Simple Feast, Hearty Feast
Magic Forge: Basic crafts - Longsword
Potion Shop: Basic crafts - Simple Glue, Super Glue, Enchanter's Essence,
Dyes - Blue, Purple, Red, Yellow
Workshop: Basic crafts - Earth Wisp, Wisp Lantern, Wood Beam, Fancy Beam, Royal Beam, Stone Block, Fancy Block, Royal Block
this post was written for the Petting Zoo storybook event, February 2016. It makes some really good points, so I've taken an extract of the original post here for other players.
Originally Posted by Anaboe