Information about Monster Hunts
Also known as: Royal Games, Leaderboards, Beast Master Challenge and Monster Hunts (don't know why we have so many names for the same thing! )
Link to Information Nugget on Beasts
The following notes have been generally consistent from season to season. Season specific information may be posted in the respective discussion thread.
* Check you can spawn monsters!
* Pink Skunkupines don't drop tokens when you defeat them. They might spawn from pink and wedding alicorns.
* Gem horses may not spawn glimmer trolls.
* Trolls may be included but they change from being included season to season.
* Monsters also drop their normal items in addition to the tokens.
* Do the Bronze Hunter Trade if you are nearly maxed on Shield tokens so that they don't go to waste.
* A Level 5 Jousting Arena will spawn a monster on every collection. Link to Jousting Arena Renovations thread.
* The Mythic Research Center (from L22) crafts are available to craft anytime if you have the tokens.
* If it's your first Monster Hunt, the new trades might appear after you do 1 of any trade in the Trade Wagon.
* Remember to collect from Princess Lorelei's fountain for a chance at gold tokens (about a 1 in 3 drop rate)
* BLUE DIRE BOARS will only spawn once a day.
1. Horses (for unlimited glimmer golems)
2. Dead trees (for once daily blue dire boar)
3. Princess Lorelei's fountain (chance to drop gold troll tokens)
4. Jousting arena (level five guaranteed monster spawn)
5. Monster statues (drop silver tokens)
6. Troll sparring pit (guaranteed troll spawn)
7. Lair of beasts (guaranteed monster spawn)
8. Dark Den (not guaranteed)
9. Go through inventory for any monster traps
10. The Prison (mermaid storyline) (guaranteed marmosea spawn)
This thread has detailed information about the following items:
Post 1: General Information about Monster Hunts | Links to all previous seasons
Post 2: The Daily Hunt
Post 3: The Trade Wagon
Post 4: The Cooking Camp
Post 5: Princess Lorelei's Fountain
Post 6: The Cabbage Hut
Post 7: The Locket
Post 8: Troll Tokens
Post 9: The Beastbane Display
Post 10: The Legendary Trap
Post 11: Skunkupine, Fangbeast and Dire boar Statues
Post 12: Leaderboard Challenges
Post 13: Monsters - what they are and where to find them
Post 14: The Wizard's Portal
Post 15: * Information from players about Monster Hunt strategies and what to craft and why!*
Post 16: The Mythic Research Centre - list of all crafts
Post 17: Mythic Research Centre crafts - Part 1
Post 18: Mythic Research Centre crafts - Part 2
Post 19: Mythic Research Centre crafts - Part 3
Post 20: Part 1: Leaderboard prizes
Post 21: Part 2: Leaderboard prizes
Post 22: List of Horses / Steeds that spawn the (purple) Glimmer Golem (with pictures) | and those that don't (list only)
Post 23: Links to the Discussion threads for all previous seasons
Link to Ivy's Magic Nursery for info on baby monsters