Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
That, and it seems like there's better offers in the starter packs. And sometimes, even older items that haven't been offered since release date have been offered in the starters.

I'm not sure if it's to convince a newer player to buy one, or something - but I seen a while ago that a starter pack was offering the Lollipop center. And was a bit jealous that I couldn't get it on the actual bakery I wanted it on.

I didn't know about the starter pack being offered for lower level players.

I thought or was speculating that is was because they hadn't spent money into the game.

I bought a started pack on Restaurant Story some time ago, and now I don't get them anymore on that specific account. So now I only get the value packs.

So even if you get them starter packs, you buy one - and they're gone.
I do not believe that purchasing a starter pack will prevent any more from being offered; in the years that I have been active in the forum, I've seen no evidence of this - neither personally nor from the community. The most likely scenario is that the account that was receiving the offers simply leveled up to a point that it is no longer eligible for the starter offers.

Bottom line: If a player is interested in the VP offer and is comfortable spending their money on the game, they should feel free do so without worry. In-game purchases have zero impact on the rest of the gaming experience other than providing the purchased items. Purchases will not increase or decrease a player's odds at any promotional opportunities or sales that may or may not show up in the future.