Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 02/20/2014 Update The Blythewood Sapling Part 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggwynn View Post
    Hi All!

Just want to say the Faerie Respite will play an important role in The Blythewood Sapling Part 2 that's part of next week's update. Be sure to finish building yours up (Upgrade to Level 5)!
    How can you tell what level the Fairie Respite is? I click on it and it just says Fairie Respite. But I think I did everything and it has green garlands.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenCarolyn View Post
    How can you tell what level the Fairie Respite is? I click on it and it just says Fairie Respite. But I think I did everything and it has green garlands.
    Any building that doesn't pop up an upgrade box when you tap on it is at max level.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherfungame View Post
    Question: With limited acquisition of Dragon scales to produce Mythic Essence, which is better... Upgrade Royal Maze to Level 2 or save the Mythic Essence to acquire Blythewood Sapling? Thanks in advance!
    Hi, just saw your post, which quite funnily enough was just after I made my decision, which was to focus on the sapling.

The reason for this was:

a. The maze. At present I have 6 glimmer pitchers (1 more than needed), 3 glimmer rafflesia (2 more than needed) and 7 glimmer traps (still require 3 more). In relation to making more plants, I have 2 dark seeds (still need 1 more just to try and make a plant) - BUT - I only have 6 shards and 0, I repeat 0, fragments. I do have 24 pile of seeds. Therefore to get my remaining plants, I still need a heap of shards and fragments, which come very slow and a few more seeds. Then there is no guarantee that I will get 3 traps in a row.

I had 6 mythic essence.

B. the sapling. I had 3 pages in stock, so just had to make 1 more and also 4 black inks. When that was made, the choice was, use the mystic now or wait for the maze or not.

I chose the sapling as the letters are now in the exchange, which takes 3 days to mature. In that time I hope to get more dragon scales (I only have 2 at present), but I do have 75 manti whiskers. So, at least In 3 days my dragon scales (I also have 2 dragons) will maybe getting close to making a few more mythics and in that time those pesky shards and fragments will drop so that I can make some seeds for more plants for the maze.

Basically my gamble was, use the mystic now (with 1 up my sleeve), see what comes in the next 3 days, continue on collecting and making what I can until the night before the next update (about 5 days) and decide to whether to gem (hopefully) a small amount only, or continue to plug along if I am no where near what is required.

Sorry for the long winded reply. Hope it makes sense. Cheers
    Last edited by outhouse01; 02-21-14 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Fixing grammatical errors

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    I'm in exactly this same boat. Can't do both. Manty whiskers are in short supply and it will take weeks to get enough to continue. I get maybe one per day and we need 50 to make 5 essence. That's nearly two months of waiting on Manty parts!

I'm really surprised at this. I never expected to be so far along in the game only to be brought to a screeching halt over something we never used before!
    Me too! (I do have maze upgraded though). I am a little behind on this new one and I'm about to get the 10th Thomas's collection. Looking at upcoming requirements shows a total of 8 mythic essense for this. I have 6 made but I'm short 13 whiskers to make the final 2. My manti keeps trying to give me fur which I am now maxed out on.
    Last edited by oliverrr11; 02-21-14 at 09:35 PM.

Doh! been forgetting to visit Thomas! 10 visits seems to be a bit much though, but I guess I'll slog through it. Curious what Agnes looks like and if she'll follow Thomas around my kingdom

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverrr11 View Post
    Me too! (I do have maze upgraded though). I am a little behind on this new one and I'm about to get the 10th Thomas's collection. Looking at upcoming requirements shows a total of 8 mythic essense for this. I have 6 made but I'm short 13 whiskers to make the final 2. My manti keeps trying to give me fur which I am now maxed out on.
    You're lucky that you have the maze upgraded and extra mythic essence! I didn't realize until last week that we needed to do the Discover Adamant line to get the mythic essence. I had been told that that line wasn't needed in order to continue the main quest line. Anyway, we still have a few days until the next update, and I'm going to get as much done as I can between now and then, and make a final decision next week. Maybe I'll get a second Manty soon and that will help.

Thanks for your input Outhouse01. Fortunately, I have crafted all the plants I needed and is waiting on the last of the Mythic Essence. Unfortunately, with only 1 dragon in my Queendom it might take me up until the next week's update to acquire enough scales for the 5th essence (Is it bad to wish your dragon had dandruff? Lol). Just as well, might be worth waiting to see what this sapling will reward us with before committing valuable commodity

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by vontalken View Post
    I have hit an fork in the road regarding my quests and i would love some advice. I will finish making 5 Mystic Essences tonight ( Hurrah! ) (one dragon scale and zero maticore parts left) But I now must choose if I should spend them on the sapling quest or on the upgrade to the garden. I have all the other parts ready to go for the garden, but I also have everything supplied for the rest of the sapling quest and the part 2 next week.

Back and forth I go so I would love to hear what others think since I can't seem to make up my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherfungame View Post
    Question: With limited acquisition of Dragon scales to produce Mythic Essence, which is better... Upgrade Royal Maze to Level 2 or save the Mythic Essence to acquire Blythewood Sapling? Thanks in advance!
    the Sapling is part of the main questline, so I would do that first.
    The maze is a side quest and a fully upgraded maze will just give you coins occasionally, but who knows what goodies await on the main story.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy7373 View Post
    the Sapling is part of the main questline, so I would do that first.
    The maze is a side quest and a fully upgraded maze will just give you coins occasionally, but who knows what goodies await on the main story.
    They may BOTH be part of the main quest line. I don't think the maze is fully upgraded yet at level 2 - maybe just for now. Aggwynn responded: "What? You're not done!" in another thread when Ajax posted that the garden was done. Seems like there is still more ahead for us on the maze...
    Last edited by oliverrr11; 02-22-14 at 05:07 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenCarolyn View Post
    The fully upgraded, level 5 Respite has the faerie statue in it.