Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ducks - NEW Leaderboard Event! Quack Quack! - Dec 1, 2016

I have 8 cows and I just noticed that 4 of them aren't giving me any points!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    The 3 points/hr for Bakery means that you get 6 points for crafting a 2 hr craft. The points are given according to the duration of craft time. Bread gets 1 point because it's only 15mins.

Likewise for the 2 points/hr for animals. Cows and chickens get 1 point for their short harvesting time. The longer the animal takes to harvest, the more points you get from it. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, now I see how it works. So I could actually try baking bread, let's say 15mins x4 that would give me 4 points in 1 hour but I would need to be constantly playing, hmmmm

Btw, how big are the groups? I'm competing against 20 players while my friend only 10.

I have a question: are the rubber duckies a decoration? Also the rubber duckies are awarded as a milestone to get to the mallard pet meaning everyone who plays for the mallard will be awarded a duckie regardless of where they end on the leaderboard, correct?

The whole back to back events is insane. I thought they'll give us a couple of weeks break until the christmas event, so I was trying to stock up all the hard to craft items, tools etc. Unfortunately, the mallard and ducks are just too darn cute. I think I'll only aim for getting the mallard and if I end up with the mama duck and ducklings then yay me

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NunuusFarm View Post
    I have a question: are the rubber duckies a decoration? Also the rubber duckies are awarded as a milestone to get to the mallard pet meaning everyone who plays for the mallard will be awarded a duckie regardless of where they end on the leaderboard, correct?
    That's what I was thinking too which makes it rather silly. Imo the worst position to end with is the 3rd place, like you're so close yet end up with the useless decoration. I'm just glad I can get some coins, and since I'm way behind my opponents I'm just preparing now for the Christmas event which I hope is more doable.

Rhino Keeper
    I have been playing this game For a little over 2 years now, not quite since the beginning, but pretty close. I have seen people quit after challenges and I have kept on going. But I am seriously considering being done with this game after this. This challenge really made me mad. To only have the top 2 people win the challenge is disappointing. I am 3rd, was battling back and forth for 2nd, until today . when I logged in I was behind 2000 points. So basically I slept for 8hrs and was down by 2k....seriously? The 1 and 2 people in my group are both 30 levels higher than me. How is this fair?

Grand Emperor

Final preparations prior to event
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1248493

How to Play?
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....95#post1373595

Event Schedule
    Event is live from 12/1/2016 2:30 PM to 12/8/2016 12:00 PM PST.
    You can use this Time Zone Converter to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

How to earn Leaderboard Points
    • Complete a delivery - 5 points
    • Craft items in the Bakery - 3 points/hr
    • Complete an order in the Farmers' Market - 3 points
    • Complete all orders in the Farmers' Market - 20+ points
    • Feed and collect from farm animals - 2 points/hr
      Cow - 0.5 point
      Chicken - 1 point
      Donkey - 3 points
      Pig - 6 points
      Sheep - 12 points
      Alpaca - 18 points
      Goat - 20 points
    • Collect points Duck Crossing Sign every 3 hours - 20 points
    • BONUS: Mine for rare points bundles - 10+ points
    • BONUS: Catch fish in the pond - 1+ points
    • BONUS: find Brown Truffles - 1+ points

Event Boost
    Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event on how event boosts work.
    - 1.5x boost
    - 2x boost
    - Duck Crossing Sign
    - Bakery boost

Event Prizes
    Milestone Prizes
    Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.
    50 points - Mystery Box (LB points, coins, xp, pickaxes or shovels)
    300 points - Mystery Box (LB points, coins, xp, pickaxes or shovels)
    700 points - Duck Pond (habitat for 3 duck pets)
    1,500 points - Mystery Box (LB points, barn parts, silo parts or expansion parts)
    3,000 points - Mystery Box (LB points, barn parts, silo parts or expansion parts)
    4,000 points - Duckie Bathtub
    5,500 points - Mystery Box (LB points, dynamite, a ruby, a golden lure or gems)
    7,000 points - Giant Rubber Duckie
    8,500 points - Mystery Box (LB points, dynamite, a ruby, a golden lure or gems)
    10,000 points - Mallard (pet)

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
    1st - Mama Duck and ducklings, Gold trophy (description)
    2nd - Mama Duck and ducklings, Silver trophy
    3rd - Giant Rubber Duckie, Bronze trophy, 10 expansion permits
    4th to 6th - Giant Rubber Duckie, 10,000 coins, 5 expansion permits

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle507 View Post
    I have been playing this game For a little over 2 years now, not quite since the beginning, but pretty close. I have seen people quit after challenges and I have kept on going. But I am seriously considering being done with this game after this. This challenge really made me mad. To only have the top 2 people win the challenge is disappointing. I am 3rd, was battling back and forth for 2nd, until today . when I logged in I was behind 2000 points. So basically I slept for 8hrs and was down by 2k....seriously? The 1 and 2 people in my group are both 30 levels higher than me. How is this fair?
    They may be in a different time zone, so you could catch them up when they are in bed.

My first impressions of this event were wrong. I use a 1.5 boost first thing in the morning and get ~1000 points in that hour. I am saving all mining and fishing tools for that hour, so along with the animals (beehive) and deliveries the points add up.

I am not sure being a higher level helps, although lower levels may not have all the livestock deliveries get annoyingly difficult.

Rhino Keeper
    Is it worth using the x2 booster?
    Last edited by mearro; 12-05-16 at 12:35 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mearro View Post
    Is it worth using the x2 booster?
    I decided not to as 2 hours doesn't help much as most points come from animals. Most animals can only be collected once in the 2 hours.

However you do get the eqivalent of 2 full collections of all animals with the 2x boost compared with the 1.5. For me 7 gems seems reasonable, 30 not so much.
    Last edited by yppahc; 12-05-16 at 01:14 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yppahc View Post
    I decided not to as 2 hours doesn't help much as most points come from animals. Most animals can only be collected once in the 2 hours.

However you do get the eqivalent of 2 full collections of all animals with the 2x boost compared with the 1.5. For me 7 gems seems reasonable, 30 not so much.
    Thanks, yeah 30 gems are too much, if it was 15 I could try though.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast