Quote Originally Posted by LuckyTania View Post
Is there any particular reason why Screw is gifted the most as a basic part? I once read somewhere that it's the first part in the basic section? I use Android and that's not the case?
This may be true for you but this is one of those things that's a bit different for everyone. For instance my neighbor group usually goes with the Oven Element when gifting basics not connected to a goal. And others may see more Knobs than anything else.

If I had to guess why you see so Screws, I'd think because it's one of the three most used parts in the game - needed for 27 different appliances. Also, I find that generally it's a part that nearly every player considers to be a "basic part" whereas something like the Oven Light (used in 6 different appliances) is one that some don't see as basic where others do. Because there's no official ranking of basic parts, I made a list of every part that could be considered 'basic' in the first post of the Parts List (link in my signature) for those interested.

As for where it's located in the gift menu... On iOS some of the "basics" are together but not all of them. Of the parts that are together, the Oven Element and Gear actually show up sooner on the list (and both are used more) so I'm not sure where that theory came from. Guess it's just one of those things that we've all heard at some point and assume is true until people like us go looking, lol