Thread: No Sound Notifications at Night on Apple Device(s)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grand Emperor
    You can try subscribing to the thread and see if it works better for you. Click on Thread Tools / Subscribe to this thread in the Thread toolbar above.

I am still having this issue.
    I am on the phone with Apple every day to which they are eager to also try to get these issues resolved.
    My ticket has been escalated to a supervisor and he and I are now working with Apple Engineers.
    Do you have any input that I can communicate with them?

I have read everything written above to them as we continue to troubleshoot issues.
    Unfortunately, since this is a nighttime issue, we can only try a new action but then I must wait through the night to see if it did or did not work.

I saw there was a restaurant update so I did update only one of my devices (as a test) to 1.8.2 however, that did not fix this issues either.

Are you aware of anyone else having this issue?
    I do not talk with other game players so I have not asked any of them.

Any assistance would be appreciated so that I can pass it along to Apple support.

Kind regards, Marianne

Grand Emperor
    Your feedback have been passed to the team for them to check. I've just passed along your latest post. Thanks for your update. Will post as soon as I get more information on this.

EMAILS with APPLE Senior Supervisors and Engineers:

As I was asked to do yesterday, Yes, I changed my notification banners from Temporary to Persistent on 3 of my 5 devices... leaving 2 alone so I could test the theory.

Yes, I took my phone off the Wifi setting and confirmed it was on Data only. Naturally, that was the only device I could do this on since all other devices require Wifi.

iPad 1:
    iOS 11.3,
    Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect Persistent Banner ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

iPad 2:
    iOS 11.3,
    Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect HALF on Persistent Banner and HALF on Temporary ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

iPad 3:
    iOS 11.3,
    Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect only a few on Persistent Banner and only a few on Temporary ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

iPhone:
    iOS 11.3,
    Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect HALF on Persistent Banner and HALF on Temporary. Wifi turned OFF , Was plugged in charging ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

iPod Touch:
    iOS 9.3.5,
    Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect 5 on Persistent Banner and on the remaining either no notification or Temporary. ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

iPad:
    iOS 5.1.1,
    Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect Temporary Banner (Did not change any of these to reflect Persistent) ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

Android: Samsung
    Version 4.3 (Kernel)
    : Sounds all work at night. This device has the same game iD as my iPod touch and my old iPad ... for the games I play. I hear the sound notification on the android ... about 1 minute later I see the flash of light banner on my iPad (no sound) ... then another 3
    seconds later I see the flash of light banner on the iPod touch (again, no sounds)

ALL of the sound issues - or shall I say Lack of Sound Issues - happen at night (from 10 pm to 9 am) as though the machines "think" they are set on Do Not Dusturb.
    I do not have the Do Not Disturb activated
    I changed my "Manual Setting" to start time 4:00 am and end time to 4:01 am ... so at best only 1 minute should be blocked out... however the Do Not Disturb is still NOT active

I tested the theory of just turning that setting on with 2 of my devices and yet there was no change ... I have no sound notification at night regardless of how my machine is set.

NEXT EMAIL

iPad 1:
    Completed a backup
    Restored iPad
    Set Up as NEW iPad
    Downloaded games from multiple developers - Turned ON Notifications
    Set up Mail - Turned ON Notifications
    Set Up Do Not Disturb to be active from 3:00 pm to 3:01 pm (1 minute only)

LAST NIGHT

Turned off all external Wifi connections (like Alexa) and Bluetooth connections
    Unplugged router and modem - waited 30 min - plugged back in

Grand Emperor
    Wow you did an amazing job. Very much appreciate your very detailed updates. I have passed them in along with a chaser. Sorry to keep you waiting. You will definitely be the first to hear as soon as I get any updates.