Hello together

I'm playing this leaderboard events more or less only for the goals in between and I would definitely not buy gems (I anyway don't buy gems as long there is no conformation button for gem use) ..

My biggest problem with all this events is my energy .. I have only two not yet fully upgraded wizard schools, but no allies or anything else .. that's why I have a question: are there some possibilities to get allies or other energy sources?

I went through different threads and the hub but as far as I could see, there are all some goals from expired events and not longer achievable .. is that right? or did I miss something?

And then I also checked dragons and saw that they also gives energy (what could be a point to put more effort in this event) .. but is energy from dragons a rare drop or a common one?

And last but not least ... I just get the eleven outpost some days before .. as far as I could see there is no way to check for what the trade is for .. or could I see somewhere which runes and how much I will get for the deliveries? Sometimes they want really a lot of special stuff and in return they gave me 9 bronze runes .. what a rubbish!

thanks a lot