Thread: Why are the Storm 8 games growing so much space in my phone?

Angry Why are the Storm 8 games growing so much space in my phone?

When I first downloaded the game it was under 400MB or so but now I'm almost at 2GB for Bakerystory and another 2GB for Restaurant story. I haven't expanded my stores in a while... I m declining gifts I do not need..yet still it's growing so much space on my phone! Why is this and if this can be fixed?? I don't want it to end up with 10GB of usage one day on my phone
    Last edited by samicutie23; 06-01-17 at 10:46 AM.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by samicutie23 View Post
    When I first downloaded the game it was under 400MB or so but now I'm almost at 2GB for Bakerystory and another 2GB for Restaurant story. I haven't expanded my stores in a while... I m declining gifts I do not need..yet still it's growing so much space on my phone! Why is this and if this can be fixed?? I don't want it to end up with 10GB of usage one day on my phone :O
    When you initially download the game, you download the base images, animations, sounds, etc. When you encounter new images through game progress, content updates, and visiting the images are cached so that you're not downloading an image every time you encounter it. It's for performance and efficiency. This is common for online apps that receive regular updates.
    If you delete and reinstall games, this will free up some memory.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    If I choose to do this, will I lose any game data/progress?
    Also, once I've re-installed the games, do I still need to register with my Storm8 ID, or it will automatically know it's me?
    Or better yet, is there a step-by-step guide on how to delete and reinstall for iOS device?
    I lost everything when my iPad crashed with the iOS update about two years ago and I'm still somewhat traumatized.

Grand Emperor
    Your game progress is saved on Storm8 servers, you won't lose it. But as a precaution, make sure you have your Storm8 ID and password.

1. Press on the Bakery Story icon until it jiggles and click on the X to delete
    2. Download from App Store
    3. Start Bakery

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    Whenever I tried to delete the app, it gives me this prompt:-

' "Delete Bakery Story"
    Deleting "Bakery Story" will also DELETE ALL OF ITS DATA. '

Then, it only gives me two options: Delete or Cancel.

It says my data will be removed, which is why I'm confused and get cold feet to delete it

With your advice, shall I get proceed to choose Delete?

I've been having this space issue for a while now and bearing with it, but unfortunately the game takes a very long time to load - especially when I'm opening my neighbor list, visiting neighbors, opening neighbors' walls or my own.

Rhino Keeper
    Read carefully what the mods said. Your progress is saved on the servers, you're just deleting extraneous data by uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself. With your password, the "fresh" install of the game will load your old bakery just as you left it. I know, I updated to a different device. Downloaded BS, played until it let me put in a password and poof! There was my old bakery, good to go.

TL;DR Hit delete!

Grand Emperor
    squishyhoney1210

Just to assure you that it's perfectly fine to delete the app and data. I know it can be a little scary doing it for the first time. I have done many times and didnt lose anything. So go ahead and do that.

Hi Mods & Friends
    I appreciated the replies and the tip of deleting the app & re-installing. I also was afraid of doing this because I thought I would lose my progress! But thanks for re-assuring this won't be the case! I'll try doing that sometime and see if it will decrease in size.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 06-01-17 at 10:29 AM. Reason: removed 3rd party comments

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    When you initially download the game, you download the base images, animations, sounds, etc. When you encounter new images through game progress, content updates, and visiting the images are cached so that you're not downloading an image every time you encounter it. It's for performance and efficiency. This is common for online apps that receive regular updates.
    Thank u so much kooky pandy for this great tip. I just did this - deleted the app & re-installed them; it freed up upto 2GB of space on my phone =D ..did not lose my game progress or anything. Im happy. I will regularly try to do this with this app or any other app that I see are space hogs. Thanks again for your help & god bless

The Honorable Panda
    Samicutie-
    Thanks for reporting back!!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request