Thread: 29 Aug 2023: The Librarian | Studying Witch | optional gem purchase story

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar

Exclamation 29 Aug 2023: The Librarian | Studying Witch | optional gem purchase story

Goal Notes:
    * This goal was released on 29 August 2023 for limited time purchase
    * The purchase of these 2 items are completely optional and are 600 gems each to purchase on the goal screen
    * If you purchase either or both of these items, you will trigger goals
    * If you summon both the Studying Witch and The Librarian, you will unlock a third story and meet the Bewitching Book!

* The last goal for the Studying Witch will reward you with 5 minutes of unlimited energy
    * The last goal for the Librarian will reward you with x minutes of unlimited energy

Note 1: There are 'rules' around unlimited energy which can be found in the Hub.

Note 2: Energy that you had before activating unlimited energy will be available to you when the timer ends.

Note 3: Energy gained from sources while unlimited energy is active does not add to your energy total after expiration. So, while you have the unlimited energy active, do not collect from other energy sources.

Note 4: If you level up during this time, you will not receive the energy top up.

Dialogue:
    Old Thomas: Another lovely day in the realm! The weather is just perfect for reading a good book or hearing a new tale... However, I might say that any weather is perfect for reading a good book! If you are interested in hearing a few new stories, I hear there are two new people of the realm who wish to make your acquaintance!

Goal: Tales From The Library
    Old Thomas: Summon new characters to unlock their stories... summon them both to unlock a third chapter!
    * Summon The Librarian 0/1 GO (skip 600 gems) | Summon to start his exclusive quest!
    * Summon The Studying Witch 0/1 GO (skip 600 gems) | Summon to start her exclusive quest!
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 03-17-24 at 10:30 PM.

Goal Information - Summon The Librarian - Eugene
    x goals

When you purchase The Librarian in the market for 600 gems, the following goals are triggered:
    (am creating this thread to add info later when I've more time)

Goal 1:
    Rewards:
    Congratulations:

Goal 2:
    Rewards:
    Congratulations:

Goal 3:
    Rewards:
    Congratulations:

Goal 4:
    Rewards:
    Congratulations:

Goal 5:
    Rewards:
    Congratulations:

Goal 6:
    Rewards:
    Congratulations:

Goal 1:

Goal 2:

Goal 3:

Goal 4:

Goal 5:

Goal 6:

Goal 7:

This is the Librarian thread
    Reclaiming The Plot
    Tap go to begin an exclusive storyline!
    Goal 1: Tap Go to Begin ( Meet the librarian!) 0/1
    Goal 2: Visit the Librarian ( Help me with these book stacks!) 0/1
    Collection time: 7 days
    Librarian's name is Eugene
    Goal 3: Visit Old Thomas's House (I'm so embarrassed!) 0/5
    Visit Ivy's Hut (She has books too!) 0/5
    Visit Thurston's Fort (The knights love reading!) 0/5
    Goal 4: Visit Watchtowers (Knights have books here!) 0/20
    Visit Lantern Spires (Reading while on duty is frowned upon.) 0/20
    Go on Adventures (These books went far and wide!) 0/20
    Goal 5: Craft in the Kitchen (I know Eugene's favorite food!) 0/15
    Craft in the Workshop (The library always needs supplies.) 0/20
    Craft in the Royal Exchange (Lots of goods here!) 0/25
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 02-15-24 at 02:36 AM.

Goal Information - A Literary Crime
    Summon The Studying Witch - Lucia

7 goals

Notes:
    * When you purchase The Studying Witch in the market for 600 gems, the following goals are triggered:

Old Thomas: Tap go to begin an exclusive storyline!
    Goal 1:
    * Press Go to begin 0/1 GO
    Rewards: 100 coins, 10 xp
    Congratulations: Old Thomas: We must always welcome bright, young minds to our realm. I truly believe the children are out future!

Old Thomas: I just know you will make sure this student is at ease in our realm!
    Goal 2:
    * Visit the Studying Witch 0/1 GO (skip 10 gems) | 22 hour collection timer
    Rewards: 100 coins, 10 xp
    Congratulations: Lucia: You again? You're persistent, I'll give you that... but I really can't talk right now. I'm in big trouble!

Lucia: I have no idea where those books are and the librarian is gonna have my head if he finds out!
    Goal 3:
    * Search taverns 0/15 GO
    * Search cottages 0/15 GO
    * Search farmhouses 0/15 GO
    Rewards: 100 coins, 10 xp, 1 trade ticket
    Congratulations: Lucia: Hmmph... No books in any of the places I thought they might be.

Lucia: there are a few other place sin the realm I like to read... maybe the books are there!
    Goal 4:
    * Visit observatories 0/15 GO
    * Visit conservatories 0/15 GO
    * Visit amphitheaters 0/15 GO
    Congratulations: Lucia: I don't know anymore... Maybe those books are gone.

Lucia: I shouldn't have even bothered checking out those books... It's far more interesting just being here!
    Goal 5:
    * Visit Ivy's Hut 0/1 GO
    Congratulations: Ivy: Lost books, eh? I've lost a few books in my time! Come on in, I've got a solution for you.

Lucia: My favorite one begins with "A long, long time ago..."
    Goal 6:
    * Craft in the potion ship 0/25 GO
    * Craft in the magic forge 0/25 GO
    * Visit Ivy's Hut 0/25 GO
    Rewards: 300 coins, 10 xp, 1 trade ticket
    Congratulations: Lucia: This experience has been better than any of my practical classes!

Lucia: Maybe someday someone will write a story about my adventures here in your realm...
    Goal 7:
    * Visit the Studying Witch 0/1 GO (skip 10 gems)
    * Visit the library 0/5 GO
    Rewards: 100 coins, 10 xp, +5 minutes of unlimited energy
    Congratulations:

Dialogue:

Goal 1:
    Old Thomas: If you have the Librarian as well, a third story will unlock when both quest lines are complete!

Goal 2:
    Old Thomas: It is always so fortunate to see young, bright minds in our midst! Young Ruler, allow me to introduce you to Lucia. She is a recently graduated student who is looking to learn from our realm.
    Ruler: Oh, hello! Welcome, Lucia.
    Lucia: Oh! What? I'm sorry, but I'm too busy to speak with you right now. I don't mean to be rude but I really must go!
    Old Thomas: Oh dear... I hope everything is alright with our realm's newest resident. Perhaps you might be able to check in with Lucia and see if there is anything we can do to help her out.

Goal 3:
    Ruler: If you're in trouble, maybe we can help you?
    Lucia: You're the ruler of this realm?
    Ruler: I am.
    Lucia: hmm... from all the stories, I imagined you'd be taller.
    Ruler: Stories?
    Lucia: oh yes, there are grand tales written about all your exploits. I came to your realm to read them all for myself. But that's the problem, actually. I checked out a bunch of books from your libraries... and I lost all of them!

Goal 4:
    Ruler: there are books in the library about me? I've never seen any.
    Lucia: Probably because they're always checked out... it's a pretty popular series! I had to beg that librarian to get me on the list to borrow them and then what do I do? Go and lose them... Great job Luci.
    Ruler: What are the stories about?
    Lucia: Oh, there are a great number of your exploits available for perusal. the realm has seen you welcome heroes and defend against villains. There are many aspiring writers who have written tales about you. My favorites are the ones that involve the faeries...

Goal 5:
    Ruler: So you were a student of the academy?
    Lucia: I was, but not your academy. There are a lot of academies in lots of different places. I graduated at the top of my class! A whole lot of good that does me now. I can't believe I've lost those books! I'm sure I'll never be allowed to check out more stories again. I'll have to hide my face in shame if I ever see the librarian again.
    Ruler: If we can't find them, maybe we could see about replacing them? There are a couple of people in the realm who might be able to help us.
    Lucia: Wait a minute... are you going to take me to meet Ivy? I mean, *the* Ivy? This is all just so exciting!

Goal 6:
    Ivy: Truest me, I've lost quite a few books. I know just the spell you need!
    Ruler: Ivy, did you know there are books about us in the library?
    Ivy: Of course I did! I get asked to sign books all the time. In fact, it's more likely for me to be noticed when I'm traveling in other realms. It seems like our stories travel quite well! And, of course, we have lots of books in our libraries that tell the tales of other realms! You should rally spend some time in the library whenever you can. A well-written story is like a gateway to a whole new world! Now, as for the missing books... I can conjure you some replacements if you're able to gather a few supplies for me! And it'll help if you remember the stories.
    Lucia: Of, I could never forget them!

Goal 7:
    Ivy: Here we are! A lovely stack of brand new recreated books with freshly pressed papers, ready to be returned to the library so they can be checked out again!
    Lucia: Oh Ivy, you're so magical! The stories really must have been true...
    Ivy: Aww shucks, you're going to make me blush. Before you take these books back, you should give them a once over and read them, so the pages look a little more worn, and you can keep an eye out for any spelling issues. Don't worry! I've got a spell that can fix any spelling mistakes in the printing.
    Lucia: Thank you so much, Ivy. And thank you, Ruler! You are all just as magical as the stories make you sound!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 03-17-24 at 10:29 PM.

Goal Information - Summon The Bewitching Book
    x goals

If you summon both the Studying Witch and The Librarian, you will unlock a third story and meet the Bewitching Book.

Inventory Information

The Librarian - Eugene
    Info: As the caretaker of the library, Eugene seems strict but he just wants to make sure the libraries are enjoyed. Visit him and he'll give you Energy and his latest book recommendation!
    Found: limited time offer, August 2023 - market 600 gems
    Drops: 200 coins, 40 energy
    Collection time: 7 days

The Studying Witch - Lucia
    Info: This witch isn't quite sure what she wants to do with her life just yet but she surely loves to study. Visit her to receive Energy!
    Found: limited time offer, August 2023 - market 600 gems
    Drops: 2325 coins, 5+ energy
    Collection time: 22 hours

The Bewitching Book
    Info:
    Found:
    Drops:
    Collection time:

Info:
    Found:
    Drops:
    Collection time:

The Librarian - (Card)
    Storable: Yes
    Info: As the caretaker of the library, Engene seems strict but he just wants to make sure the libraries are enjoyed. Visit him and he'll give you Energy and his latest book recommendation!
    Type: Decoration
    Source: Purchase
    Class: Animals
    Size: 1x1
    Requirements: 600 Gems
    Sell: Item cannot be sold!
    Drops: Coins (200), Energy
    Events: Tales From The Library - August 2023
    Collection: 9660 minutes // 161 hours // 6,71 days
    Collection Speed-up: 644 Gems
    Cap: 1
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1700521
    Comments: Start a short storyline, 6 goals; prize: Energy, Trade Ticket
    Studying Witch - (Card)
    Storable: Yes
    Info: This witchisn't quite sure what she wants to do with her life just yet but she surely loves to study. Visit her to receive Energy!
    Type: Decoration
    Source: Purchase
    Class: Animals
    Size: 1x1
    Requirements: 600 Gems
    Sell: Item cannot be sold!
    Drops: Coins (2325), Energy
    Events: Tales From The Library - August 2023
    Collection: 1320 minutes // 22 hours
    Collection Speed-up: 88 Gems
    Cap: 1
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1700521
    Comments: Start a short storyline, 7 goals; prize: Energy, Trade Ticket
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 02-14-24 at 10:01 PM.