Thread: what happened to the dim sum station?

New Resident

what happened to the dim sum station?

first time on the forum so sorry if this breaks a rule. i couldn't find a better spot for it.
    i've been playing for over a year and the dim sum station was always available for purchase as a coin item. then the lunar sale happens, and i thought the "x days left" banners meant the dim sum station was available at a reduced price and would be back to normal once the sale ended and only the moon appliances would be removed, but now the dim sum station is gone entirely. what happened?? is it going to come back? i mentioned this in the sale thread but got no answers, thus the new thread. i'm just really upset; it's one of two appliances i hadn't gotten around to building because of how involved and crammed together the goals are

Nightclub Owner
    Sorry, but when items are removed from the market after sales it's usually intentionally done by the team to free up space in the market for new items. However, the removed items are usually seen again either in future sales or goals so you'll get another chance at the Dim Sum Station at some point.

When a sale pops up, it's always a possibility that the items listed will be removed entirely from the market at the end of the sale. As is the usual mode with the team, we don't get a heads up about whether or not this will happen. So with this in mind, it's good practice to purchase every item you want and act like the items will be removed after the sale.

I know it's not an ideal answer to the issue, but in all the years I've played it's the only way I've found to make sure I don't miss out on any items I'm interested in.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Unfortunately, it does look like it was removed from the market after the Lunar New Year sale.

I'll ask if it can be reinstated, and make a request (again) that the team please give a heads up on which content will be removed to avoid this kind of confusion in the future. Fingers crossed it will come back to the market.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    UPDATE: The Dim Sum Station has been restored to the market!
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

New Resident
    Thank you so much!!!!!!!