View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which items did you like?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

42 56.00%
  • I didn't like this event

25 33.33%
  • I started but I couldn't complete the goals

30 40.00%
  • Toucan

41 54.67%
  • Parrot

45 60.00%
  • Tiki Stand

18 24.00%
  • Beach AV

23 30.67%
  • Blue Lagoon Pool

23 30.67%
  • Tiki Fountain

19 25.33%
  • Banyan Tree

24 32.00%
  • Tiki Party Flamingo

20 26.67%
  • Birds of Paradise Planter / Multicolour Lights Palm Tree

34 45.33%
  • Tiki Torch / Hot Coals Path

28 37.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The Tacky Tiki Party Is On - 2018 Jul 19 (POLL ADDED)

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Great story again! How did you do that with the snowflakes?
    Let It Snow Snowman is a decoration released in Dec 2015 Holiday Harvest World Event which gives snowflakes animations when clicked. It was developed by Team Lava (previous name of Storm8) when Community Manager FrozenTurtle was around. I took a trip down memory lane...
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ent-Dec-3-2015

The definition of insanity, doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Ok, I don’t blame the coders at all for the abysmal drop rate of the juicer, I’m sure they are only coding what the Storm8 owners/managers request them to do. I keep thinking that they will have a change of heart and reward the players who work hard to complete these events. Hahaha, there goes that expecting a different result thingy. Maybe, just maybe, they are waiting for the very last day to increase the drop rate. I sure hope so...Storm8, I hope you are reading this. Btw, I have donated 350 gems for this event due to buying 3 of the King Tiki Head (by mistake). I thought I was buying the other one for money. Can you imagine my shock at that, down 350 gems. But, it was my booboo, not crying about that. Ok Storm8, let’s get that juicer to start cooperating please!

Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    Let It Snow Snowman is a decoration released in Dec 2015 Holiday Harvest World Event which gives snowflakes animations when clicked. It was developed by Team Lava (previous name of Storm8) when Community Manager FrozenTurtle was around. I took a trip down memory lane...
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ent-Dec-3-2015
    Ah, yes. I remember that, app is still on my old iPad i believe. Guess i just didn't do the event for some reason. I really hope the snow comes back this year!
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    Santa's Summer Vacation
    the stories and awwwwww you got me all nostalgic too!!! i loved the snowy look so much i actually used it all the way till just a few months ago....missed a few leaderboard events (didn't even realize it at the time cuz everything else worked fine lol) but it was totally worth it XD i do hope the team can bring it back too~ actually, they used to do all these festive versions for the other games too but guess they shifted their focus to developing other things...

p.s. sorry if this is a bit off-topic
    p.p.s. and yeah...still no luck on toucan....sighhh...-__- had much better drop rate from apple trees during Rawr-some but only getting 0's and 1's off 8 trees every 8 hours this time :/

Happy but shattered...have actually finished the goals for this event and have manged to collect 2 collections (not the toucan though) only to win the ATV for it not to be in my cellar...btw it took 2 days of collecting from the juicer and still waiting for more purple leis from the elusive santa

Fashion Designer
    Once again a great event until...wait for it...LOW or ZERO DROPS from the JUICER. Just ridiculous. The dehydrator is pretty worthless as well. I bought the Tiki-Hut 4 days ago and have been making lei’s, flowers, and purple drank non-stop. Now there’s no time left. I’ll be “lucky” (HA HA) to get 2-3 more collections in but how much you wanna bet there will be no Toucan for my troubles? I’ve turned in so many collections this time and I thought just maybe I’ll win an event this time. Wow how stupid to have hope with this game. I don’t get it. Even if you spend you don’t win. What’s the end game then? Just bum people out? I really wanted these birds but I guess that was dumb. Maybe I should just do something more productive like read a book for my entertainment. I don’t watch tv anymore so playing this game is something I enjoy but losing on every single event gets depressing. Not seeing the fun in that. And even if you were to spend lots of money and buy the Toucan straight up with gems (which is apparently what they want you to do) then what’s the point of a playing a week long challenge? None of this makes any sense.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ozigal View Post
    Just curious. I know these are luck events as in random drops. The peeps that actually completed the goals and received the bird did you spend gems to either buy the required items or the Tiki stand to get there?

Looking at my collection it isn't even worth me buying the stand to convert items as my drops are pathetic on most items .
    I bought the Tiki Hut as I knew it would be the only way to possibly win an event but I still haven?t gotten the Toucan. The drop rates are so abysmal and the long-lead time for making the final parts makes it even more of a difficult task to acquire a full collection. If you make a purple drink then you lose 2 flowers so then you have to make flowers and you lose 2 lei?s. It?s just an impossible task. You can?t catch up enough to ever get ahead. I even used up previous paint buckets to expand to 4 slots on the tiki hut to build overnight but I?m running out of time. Drop rates have gotten worse today after getting worse yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ozigal View Post
    Just curious. I know these are luck events as in random drops. The peeps that actually completed the goals and received the bird did you spend gems to either buy the required items or the Tiki stand to get there?

Looking at my collection it isn't even worth me buying the stand to convert items as my drops are pathetic on most items .
    I got both pets and 8/9 of the decorations, i just bought the tiki stand.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

I’m very frustrated right now. I should be on goal number 11 but I keep getting sent back to goal 9. I’ve collected the teal lei for goal 9 twice already. The first time I found a lei on my third try. Then I went on to goal 10 then the game starts processing (I don’t know) and then I’m back to goal 9. The tools I usd are still gone but the lei’s gone too. I brushed it off and tried again. This time it took about seven attempts before I got the lei. I collect from two apple trees and get the bird of paradise and the game starts processing again and when it’s finished I go right back to goal 9. I spent money to assure I reach the end of the goals. I do not plan on wasting more tools to collect the lei again, and I’m worried that I might not get another bird of paradise with the remaining apple trees I have to collect. I’ve restarted the game and my phone and neither worked. Can someone please help me with this?

Rhino Keeper
    just a curious question for future reference: how long did it take to craft each collection item in the tiki stand? and did the "goal 2" for the tiki stand reward gems (and how many?) if you craft every single item? thanks~