Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Racchrome (Birthday Babies Pt. 2) - 2018 Jul 13

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    I feel your pain and loss. You could had bought it from the shop.
    Yep, I haven't been playing this "game" very long, so I've just now noticed how much of a true money grab it really is. If the rules state that I can breed this creature using certain elements, than I should have already bred it by now, being that I have tried every possible combination countless times. Including using other elements. It's only a "game" if there is a true chance of success or winning. Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel like I'm the only thing being played here. Yay!

Grand Emperor
    Breeding is by chance even if you use the correct elements... Some players get lucky and get it in first few tries while others need to try more times and get it, lastly some of us like you can try endlessly and still dont get it. This is the breeding luck aspect of the game which I have been failing miserably and not a fan of. Maybe it's just me, I think breeding has been more difficult than before. I dont know... I feel bad for you though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    Breeding is by chance even if you use the correct elements... Some players get lucky and get it in first few tries while others need to try more times and get it, lastly some of us like you can try endlessly and still dont get it. This is the breeding luck aspect of the game which I have been failing miserably and not a fan of. Maybe it's just me, I think breeding has been more difficult than before. I dont know... I feel bad for you though.
    If the option to never get the animal exist, than Storm8 should make this clear. At the moment, I am under the assumption that everyone can obtain the animal if they just try enough times? I have tried enough times and then some. Dangling a carrot that can never be eaten is just seriously effed up and wrong.

Fashion Designer
    My impression has been that the more you level up in the game, the more the odds against your being able to breed an event animal increase. And because we don't have the means to gather a statistically significant volume of data, our impressions are all we have to go on.

I do agree that over the last year to 18 months or so, it seems to have gotten harder to breed event animals, which does coincide with the changes that have made the game more difficult that we CAN measure - like the increased requirements for World Events (now Forest Parties).
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by alienonacid View Post
    It's only a "game" if there is a true chance of success or winning. Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel like I'm the only thing being played here. Yay!
    I decided months ago that though it is disguised as a game, it's actually gambling. When you spend real money for a chance at something, that's gambling.

Rhino Keeper
    I was gone camping for the weekend, with really bad internet service, so I'm several days behind on this breeding attempt. My first two fails were Rampages, and now I have a 12 hour fail on the nest. *sigh*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alienonacid View Post
    If the option to never get the animal exist, than Storm8 should make this clear. At the moment, I am under the assumption that everyone can obtain the animal if they just try enough times? I have tried enough times and then some. Dangling a carrot that can never be eaten is just seriously effed up and wrong.
    Not necessarily. I've never seen the odds for getting the animals in this game published like I have in other games. However, let's imagine that your chances of getting a common animal are 1:5, a rare 1:20, and a super rare 1:35. So one would assume that if you try for the rare animal 20x, you should get the animal at least once. However, the fact of the matter is that every time you start a new breeding, you again only have a 1:20 chance to get the animal. Your chances don't get better, like 1:10 after you've bred 10x.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    My impression has been that the more you level up in the game, the more the odds against your being able to breed an event animal increase. And because we don't have the means to gather a statistically significant volume of data, our impressions are all we have to go on.
    Our minds have a way of tricking us. I have often felt that my newer account has better breeding luck, but right now my higher level account has Capybirthday, Racchrome, and Pastel Penguin, all bred easily. My newer account has not obtained any of these animals yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    Not necessarily. I've never seen the odds for getting the animals in this game published like I have in other games. However, let's imagine that your chances of getting a common animal are 1:5, a rare 1:20, and a super rare 1:35. So one would assume that if you try for the rare animal 20x, you should get the animal at least once. However, the fact of the matter is that every time you start a new breeding, you again only have a 1:20 chance to get the animal. Your chances don't get better, like 1:10 after you've bred 10x.
    I think you hit the nail on the head with this theory!
    "I will take what is mine with fire and blood."

Fashion Designer
    All I keep getting is 13hrs! Goodness.. I thought I had some kind of luck on my baby account until this guy!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast