View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

55 56.70%
  • I didn't like this event

33 34.02%
  • I couldn't complete the goals to win the Pink Unicorn

23 23.71%
  • Blue Unicorn

51 52.58%
  • Pink Unicorn

61 62.89%
  • Peacock Status

42 43.30%
  • Pegasus Topiary

28 28.87%
  • Rainbow Koi Wind Sock

37 38.14%
  • Rainbow Wind Spinner

49 50.52%
  • Rainbow Spring

30 30.93%
  • Rainbow Arch

25 25.77%
  • Rainbow Trough

30 30.93%
  • Rainbow Bush / Lantern

28 28.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Unicorns and Rainbows! - 2018 Apr 12 (POLL ADDED)

Executive Chef
    Couldn't quite turn in anymore collections (the juicer was being stingy again), so in the end I came up short and couldn't get the Rainbow Koi Wind Sock.

Final tally from 16 collections: 4 Rainbow Wind Spinners, 1 Rainbow Lantern, 3 Rainbow Arches, 3 Pegasus Topiary, 1 Peacock Statue, 1 Rainbow Bush, 2 Rainbow Springs. Oh, and 1 Blue Unicorn.

Suggestions and Feedback to follow later.

Fashion Designer
    Ooooh dear. Wellp. I did break down and get the 9.99 package. No blue uni.

D'oh!

Many springs, many troughs, 3 twirls, zero koi wind socks. Zero blue dude. Ya know, it's OK, I knew what I was getting into, but I do think this juicer drop rate was not just the worst in my year of playing, but a little too unreasonable. The dirt mounds didn't upset me, it was a good challenge. This one was just non existent. So, I get it, they really wanted this to be a treat and huge win. Soooo OK. Just a little looser would have been more hopeful and more reasonable.

Oh well. Whatchagonnado? I liked most of the prizes, so overall, I had a good time with this one.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Couldn't quite turn in anymore collections (the juicer was being stingy again), so in the end I came up short and couldn't get the Rainbow Koi Wind Sock.

Final tally from 16 collections: 4 Rainbow Wind Spinners, 1 Rainbow Lantern, 3 Rainbow Arches, 3 Pegasus Topiary, 1 Peacock Statue, 1 Rainbow Bush, 2 Rainbow Springs. Oh, and 1 Blue Unicorn.

Suggestions and Feedback to follow later.
    Yay! Happy for ya.

Grand Emperor
    Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation!

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

New Resident
    More than 60 collections and no blue unicorn.. its really not possible... i agree with Paul the chance to win the Final prize has to be at 100% after a certain number of collections... good players Will be grateful for that

Host(ess)
    The apple trees and the juicer drop rates were very very poor. I had to purchase the rainbow stable to convert horseshoes. To work hard and not even get a fair amount of drops isn?t fair. My juicer only gave 2-3 shoes. The rest I converted. 😩😱😓

Rhino Keeper
    From day one, I decided to just go and take a chance on the blue unicorn only. (I don't like pink, so that was easy). Also because I just can't and don't want to spend so much time playing.
    Kept all horseshoes, my collections were very uneven. But as soon as the stable became on sale I bought it and started leveling up. With the way I collected from the apple trees gave me enough to help the juicer. And finally I was lucky to get my blue unicorn by the 8th collection overall I liked the event.

But please storm8.... Can u fix the spaces for the decorations. The peacock and the rainbow trough take four spaces, we don't have that much space

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetmici View Post
    More than 60 collections and no blue unicorn.. its really not possible... i agree with Paul the chance to win the Final prize has to be at 100% after a certain number of collections... good players Will be grateful for that
    Yes, I am agree too. Hope Storm8 will listen to us

Executive Chef
    General comments
    This was a nice event, not overly difficult to participate in, though perhaps a bit to difficult to complete in the end. I was able to turn in only 16 collections, but managed to win all the prizes except the Rainbow Koi Wind Sock (which I really wanted). The prizes themselves are nice, if a bit big in some cases (Spring, Trough, Peacock, Arch), but overall pleasant to look at. I particularly like the Peacock, which animates when you tap it. I don't remember if it did so during the event, but I was surprised to see a pony (plain one) poke its head out the door of the Rainbow Stable when you tap it, so that is a nice touch.

Feedback
    I would imagine that the decision to change the locations for these collection events had to do with making use of newly introduced buildings (Bed and Breakfast, Dehydrator) and produce (Passion Fruit Vines). I have no problem with that; however, I would have preferred to use a different option than the Passion Fruit (though it is a relatively low-level crop), if only because the options for using the Passion Fruit are at this time so limited (only 4 recipes, one of which requires two of the others to make). I can't think of what other current crop might make for a reasonable alternative in terms of time would be the Cocoa. There, at least, players have many alternatives for what they can use the Cocoa for.

I am not sure I liked the change in the Mine. In the last event, objects in the Mine were found AFTER we finished mining, just as they were received from the Fishing Pond AFTER we caught our fish. I think--but I'm not sure--that I preferred it that way, using a tool and getting the horseshoe by chance in addition to whatever we found, rather than using a tool in the mine and having nothing to show for it later if we could not turn in the horseshoes that we found as parts of collections. I think, because I can see the logic of doing it either way.

In general, I'd say the drop rates were appropriate for everything except the Fishing Pond, the Apple Trees, and the Juicer. For myself, anyway...I know that some players were having trouble with other horseshoes. Given that the Apple Trees can only be harvested every 8 hours, a slightly increased drop rate there would have been a bit more appropriate. The Fishing Pond was chance-based, like previous events, so that could have been improved a bit as well. The Juicer...is a bit trickier, because the fastest crafting juice only takes 30 minutes, and it WAS the last horseshoe, so it should be challenging. However, the drop rate was extremely difficult to overcome. I don't know what odds the algorithm dictated, but perhaps it could have been tweaked to potentially drop a horseshoe every 75 to 90 minutes of crafting time.

Suggestions
    Some of the prizes are quite big when they don't really need to be so large. The Rainbow Trough, at least, could possibly have fit on a 2x1 space, rather than a 2x2 space. The Peacock I'm okay with being 2x2, but perhaps the Arch might have been shrunk down a little in size to also fit a 2x1 space?

I'm glad that there were no special recipes to craft for this event. On the other hand, having a few new recipes to account for the increased harvesting of Passion Fruit and Apples might have helped offset the flood of those fruits in the Market--since players would be doing deliveries to get horseshoes, if some orders called for the new recipes, they might have spent time crafting those new items rather than immediately putting things up for sale.

(This, like all events, might have also been a good chance to "test" new recipes that might later have been made permanent. For example, given the rainbow theme, higher level players might have been able to make a "rainbow ice" in the Ice Creamery, or a new Passion Fruit Juice in the Juicer, or something using Passion Fruit in the Bed and Breakfast.)

Overall, this was an enjoyable event--my inability to obtain the Rainbow Koi Wind Sock notwithstanding--that was doable and achievable.

Rhino Keeper
    I had over 500 different colored horseshoes that were totally worthless, because I refused to pay for a useless converter that would be another empty building ( to put into storage after the event ) on the off chance that I might win a unicorn - or might get some more decorations that I don’t need on my farm until Storm 8 can allow us to make our farms bigger - It’s become a challenge to find things in my storage, so I’m hoping the next event won’t be more duplicates of things I already have, like the past several events have been - recycling old event parts. Come on Storm 8 get creative!