View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

48 57.83%
  • I didn't like this event

23 27.71%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

28 33.73%
  • Blue Parakeet

53 63.86%
  • Green Parakeet

51 61.45%
  • Flower Delivery Truck

27 32.53%
  • Flower Stand

36 43.37%
  • Rose Cottage

37 44.58%
  • Garden Swing

38 45.78%
  • Potted Sunflower

36 43.37%
  • Bird Bath Planter

34 40.96%
  • Pink/Yellow Rosebush

54 65.06%
  • Spring Flower Path

39 46.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Without "Feather" Ado - 2018 Apr 4 (POLL ADDED)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    The team put the flowers back for us.
    See, if I'd read ahead I stead of impulsively posting, i'd've seen that my exclamation is old news. Heh.

Thank u storm8!!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee5459 View Post
    Finally got green parakeet on my 85 or so bucket and my last try. Yay.
    WOW you just hit the jackpot!! Congrats!! Hope you are on cloud nine.

So is it okay to disperse of all unused items from last challenge? Don't want to get rid of all those things if I'm gonna need them again in near future.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairyreserve View Post
    See, if I'd read ahead I stead of impulsively posting, i'd've seen that my exclamation is old news. Heh.

Thank u storm8!!
    lol lol, you always have a gift of putting me into laughing stitches roflol

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee5459 View Post
    So is it okay to disperse of all unused items from last challenge? Don't want to get rid of all those things if I'm gonna need them again in near future.
    Yes it's okay. I always do that whenever an event ends so I can stock up for next event. Sometimes I do keep a momento of selected few which I really like for keepsakes. They are not useable for future events. We will be given new event items for each new event.

Went ahead and bought parts package and used gems to get blue parakeet. Cute little guy. No luck on green one.

Storm8, PLEASE consider for future events:
    * adding an opt out for future events for those who want to skip and not get parts OR
    * having separate storage unit for event parts OR
    * return to old way of letting neighbors sell event parts to each other (It was a social game after all)
    Any of these options would make the game more fun. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EdelweissAlm View Post
    I was wondering too how you can store you pets I guess in the cellar???

So if I play on Android it's not possible to do this why???
    I accidentally bought the turkey "home", at the time I thought it was decoration. I can't store it or sell it. I emailed storm 8 and they said they can't refund me, but I didn't even ask to be refunded. I just want to get rid of it. I play on an android also.

Executive Chef
    This was, overall, an enjoyable event. I unfortunately had to breakdown and finally discard items from the Side Shop, which felt extremely wasteful and completely at odds with what would theoretically have been done in the real world, but since this isn't reality, I guess it's okay (though I still feel awkward about putting probably around 2,000 or more units of Wheat up for sale and discarded them).

Positives
    The goals were, ultimately, achievable. Random-luck draws aside, once the difficulties could be got past (more on that later), all the crafting could be completed and prizes received for the Parakeet Prize checklist. The locations from which the necessary ingredients could be collected from were not difficult to manage, and the longest we had to wait would have been 8 hours (Apple Trees), but with everything available from the beginning (even if not yet required), that was not an insurmountable issue. After that, the longest would have been 3 hours (Passion Fruit Vines and the Pigs), as everything else could be controlled by crafting and harvesting.

A few of the prizes were repeats from past events, but the majority were new, including the Parakeets. For those players on iOS and Android who were unable to obtain the Lovebirds from one of the past events (a Leaderboard event, for which only the top two in each group received the pets), the Parakeets are a welcome alternative available to everyone (as was the ability to purchase the Lovebirds themselves, though only with a lot of gems). Of the other prizes, I would have to say I like the Pink and Yellow Rosebushes, as they will offer color alternatives to the Purple Rosebushes from the French Snail Saga event. I'm glad I was able to acquire at least two of each, for the purpose of balance. If I ever figure out where to put the Rose Cottage, I'll be able to surround it with pink, yellow, purple and red rose bushes (red ones from an event a couple of years ago).

Recipe times were not exorbitantly long. Can't find the times at the moment, but the longest was only 1 hour. Unlike a few past events which had recipes taking anywhere from 2 hours to 6 hours to get things done (and more besides if they were multi-stage recipes and also needed multiples of the final items), the times to craft items in the Flower Boutique were quite manageable.

Having to purchase only one Flowering Wheelbarrow and being able to use it over and over again was much more bearable than having to buy the same items repeatedly (e.g., the Mossy Logs that disappeared after one use). Perhaps the time was the factor: the Flowering Wheelbarrow only took 5 minutes to complete, while the Mossy Logs took an hour. Or maybe the fact that we would need only 23 visits to the Wheelbarrow, while we would need many, many more for the logs. Still, I found this more appropriate than buying numerous wheelbarrows.

Issues
    Until the modification was made over the last two days to boost the drop rates of items, it was very, very difficult to get the dirt from the plots without resorting to the grow-harvest-sell-discard method. Even with the boost at the end, it was somewhat iffy. I know there were complaints about poor drop rates even after--dirt and trowels, basically. The other thing about the dirt is that it was often difficult to tell if we were receiving it at all. Unless we harvested crops one plot at a time, it was sometimes difficult to see the soil beneath all the rising crops. This was especially difficult when it appeared after harvesting wheat, flax, potatoes, sugar cane, and potatoes, as the colors of these crops somewhat blended with the dirt. I know dirt is supposed to be brown, but perhaps it could have been a much, much darker brown (nearly like black) that might have been identified as "loam".

It was often difficult and time-consuming to determine if we received buckets (from the mine) and watering cans (from the Pond), though at least with the watering cans (and the Lilies from the Gnome event before this) we could see them if we got them, as they appeared right before we reeled in a fish. The buckets required that we listen carefully for the "collection" sound that usually occurs when we collect items we've crafted, or watch carefully for the Barn Capacity display to appear. I am glad that these are "byproducts" rather than our key goal for looking in the mine, thereby somewhat saving our tools and baits. However, it might be better overall if there were a clearer indicator that we had received such items--especially from the mine--rather than a chancy sound cue or a capacity banner that flashes briefly before disappearing again.

Suggestions for future reference
    When introducing required items that are approximately the same shape and size and will appear in the same places in the same roles, please make each one distinctly different in color. For this event the Seed Instructions and the Nutrient Instructions looked almost identical. They were the same shape, nearly the same colors (both basically pink with a different color heart and border, but otherwise nearly clones of each other), and so it would be easy to confuse them. By comparison, the Soil instructions were distinct and easily identifiable, as they were primarily green. Assuming that they were made these colors to mirror (or perhaps it's just coincidence) the three nearly identical buildings having to do with Flowers--the Flower Shop, the Floral Shop (the only one still in use), and the Flower Boutique--perhaps one of the two could have been lavender with white, rather than both being pink with white.

I made this suggestion for the Gnome event, but I'll reiterate it here. I don't know about other players, but this event did not leave me with excessive amounts of event-related items, but if it did, I would like to be able to sell it to Mr. Merriweather as well as discard or sell it in the Side Shop. The Side Shop limits us to 10 items per slot, but we can pass along more than 10 items (if we have them) to Mr. Merriweather, and it would be faster than waiting for someone to come by and buy the event items, and not quite so depressing if we receive a few coins back for them all.

Thank you for another enjoyable event. Now my only problems are
    - figuring out where to put the Rose Cottage so I can display it, along with the roses.
    - figuring out how to organize the "triplets" (Flower Shop, Floral Shop, Flower Boutique) to best effect and still make it all look good without hiding the flower plots.
    Last edited by PookieBear50; 04-11-18 at 11:11 PM.

Great thank you , after all the work I wouldn?t want him to pack hi bags and leave through hunger xx

Good event achievable goals got the budgies but not the prize list - anyone need some swing chairs i have a cart loads ha ha x x lol tellers are cute as a button!