Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Sound Notifications at Night on Apple Device(s)

No Sound Notifications at Night on Apple Device(s)

I am having issues with night time sound notifications on ALL of my games for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story.

I have been in contact with Apple (multiple times) and they have said it is not an issue with my device(s).
    No, I do not have the "Do Not Disturb" activated and yet I do not receive any sound notifications between 10pm - 9am EST
    I try one action on one device only, then wait through the night to see if it has fixed any sound issues...
    if the issues were not resolved then I try the next action for the next day...

Yes, my notifications are on for BOTH the individual games as well as the settings for each of the devices
    Yes, my sounds are on (high volume at that)
    Yes, I have reset my devices
    Yes, I have backed up and restored to factory settings my devices
    Yes, I have deleted the apps and reinstalled them on my devices

I see in the forum notes "if I'm having issues with this to contact support@teamlava.com"however, I receive an instant email back saying this email is no longer supported... so I am reaching out here.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it with Apple products only?
    iOS 5.1.1, iOS 9.3.5, iOS 11.2.6 and new version iOS 11.3
    Restaurant Game Version: 1.8.1
    Bakery Game Version: 1.8.1

I have Apple 5 devices and the issue is on all 5 devices
    Can you please assist me with this issue

I am constantly collecting flies in the morning since there are no night time sound notifications that the food is ready
    ... but 9am rolls around ... and sound notifications ARE activated and stay activated until 10pm ...

Kind regards, Marianne
    Last edited by FijneAvond; 04-03-18 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote / Removed duplicate post
    Please Be Patient with My Gaming and Posting
    Playing Restaurant & Bakery since 2011

It saddens me when players "chase the 4-stars" with no regards to my busy life ~ and delete me
    It's JUST a Game !!! Lighten Up !!!

Grand Emperor
    I'll try to find out more for your issue.

For your information, Storm8 support has switched from email to web request. See here.
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...pport-via-Form

Thank you

It saddens me when players "chase the 4-stars" with no regards to my busy life ~ and delete me

Question

per your attached link
    I completed the form twice ... once for Bakery and once for Restaurant ... and both of the emails came back within minutes ... Ticket Closed

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by FijneAvond View Post
    per your attached link
    I completed the form twice ... once for Bakery and once for Restaurant ... and both of the emails came back within minutes ... Ticket Closed
    I'm sorry there's limited support for these games. We'll help you on forum. They have checked and some questions for you.

Can you check if you have your Do Not Disturb scheduled even though it is not turned on?
    Do you plug in your devices at night? It's possible that the device's audio is being hijacked by a 3rd party device.

My do not disturb is not activated
    To trick the system ... I changed the "scheduled time" to reflect only 1 minute ... 4:00 am to 4:01 am
    so at the most I would be shut down for 1 minute only

? how would it be possible to be hijacked by a 3rd party device?
    ... let alone ... on all 5 of my devices?

I want to help any way I can. I will gladly provide as much information to you as possible since this is a real bother to me.

I have turned ON notifications for other games that are not Storm8 related ... and I have received notifications with sounds after 10 pm
    but still nothing with any of the Storm8 games
    Bakery, Restaurant, Dragon, I think y'all are the "mania" games too ... so Candy Mania, Jewel mania ... etc ... Banners yes, sound no

if you want to private message for instant replies, I will gladly do that also.

Kind regards, Marianne

Is there a better way for me to know if you have replied?
    I am not getting notifications on here when you post...
    can you fix that so I don't have to keep logging in and refreshing page?

Grand Emperor
    You can try subscribing to the thread and see if it works better for you. Click on Thread Tools / Subscribe to this thread in the Thread toolbar above.

I am still having this issue.
    I am on the phone with Apple every day to which they are eager to also try to get these issues resolved.
    My ticket has been escalated to a supervisor and he and I are now working with Apple Engineers.
    Do you have any input that I can communicate with them?

I have read everything written above to them as we continue to troubleshoot issues.
    Unfortunately, since this is a nighttime issue, we can only try a new action but then I must wait through the night to see if it did or did not work.

I saw there was a restaurant update so I did update only one of my devices (as a test) to 1.8.2 however, that did not fix this issues either.

Are you aware of anyone else having this issue?
    I do not talk with other game players so I have not asked any of them.

Any assistance would be appreciated so that I can pass it along to Apple support.

Kind regards, Marianne

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast