View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

30 32.61%
  • I didn't like this event

48 52.17%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

54 58.70%
  • Ivy deer

40 43.48%
  • Topiary bunny

33 35.87%
  • Butterfly cage

31 33.70%
  • Topiary cow

23 25.00%
  • Topiary chicken

15 16.30%
  • Topiary pig

18 19.57%
  • Topiary sheep

16 17.39%
  • Topiary farmer

19 20.65%
  • Topiary flying pig

17 18.48%
  • Swirly topiary

29 31.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Topiary Expo - 2018 March 7 (POLL ADDED)

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oozeulb View Post
    How do we make the flowers in the bait shop? I see where they can ba accessed in the bait choice but I don?t have the option for making them. Am I missing something? Also my flower drops for the sugar spinner were few and far between. Took me forever to finely get enough. I hope going forward collecting will be easier?! Thanks bunches
    The flower bait cannot be made in the bait shop it can only be purchased but their is a nice kicker to this.
    You can catch the flower from the pond with any bait. I have been fishing with dough balls.
    Good Luck ...lots of days left.

Finally got enough pink daffodils to move on!
    Will it make a difference whether we use the flower bait on a hot-spot or not? Will there be a difference in the flowers you get?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by waywardwood View Post
    Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to save up for a show pony? Personally, I won?t spend real $ on the game, so 2K diamonds seems beyond impossible...
    I couldnt remember as it had been years ago, I bought it with purchased gems and earned gems. It was perfect for me as I have been playing this game since 2013 so they have returned way many more gems than my initial investments. I have maxed out my show ponies and would have bought more if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by fpefpe View Post
    Can the "Ivy Workshop" be permanent used for other conversion (e.g., butterflies, or other collections in future events)? Or it can be only used for converting Daffodils in the event Topiary Expo?
    Welcome to the forum.

The Ivy Workshop will stop crafting and turn into a decoration when the event ends. Similarly the event collection in the Collection Gallery will be removed when this ends.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    Heads Up
    We are only going on day 5
    My goodness there are a lot of days left and you can collect from every unlocked machine or animal or tree until the end of the event.
    There are two totally different pets...what a marvellous event!
    I love this game!
    I LOVE having continuous events even back when I only got a few of the prizes...heck was free decorations.
    So hang in there, keep farming and collecting and hopefully Lady Luck shines upon everyone.
    Very well said and I agree with everything you said in your post whole heartedly. I too love the continuous events and love the challenges of events. Sometimes I win and somestimes I dont, and I'm ok with it. I rather have events than no events, even if they are continuous with a day break.

Quote Originally Posted by little_veggie View Post
    I really agree Judy , it was sad when there were no events . I try them all some more enthusiastically than others depending on the prize . It’s good fun xx
    Aye, it was sad when we didnt and players were unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    2) to have started it AFTER the US made the transition from Standard Time to Daylight Saving Time, as well as after the scheduled maintenance period (which was probably scheduled because of the transition in the first place). But as to that, I would guess the plan is to have an Easter event starting the day (or a couple or a few days) after this event ends, which is why it started at such a time that it would overlap the maintenance period...either that, or a St. Patrick's day that starts the moment this event ends...
    I received your pm on this and I've replied to it. It's easy to plan maintenace if it's only for 1 game but Storm8 need to cater to all their games and each game has its' own event schedule. There's really no perfect date to do the maintenance without affecting any game. Their servers house several games so they cant shut down game by game. If they stop events to align a perfect date, some games may go up to several days or a week without events and players will be unhappy. The maintenance only occurs twice a year max and each time for less than 2 hours which is really short. I think players will bear with the 2 short hours instead of going days without events for many games. They gave players early notifications of the maintenance, personally I believe they did their best and maintain their servers for optimum game performance.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by CierzoKitchen View Post
    Finally got enough pink daffodils to move on!
    Will it make a difference whether we use the flower bait on a hot-spot or not? Will there be a difference in the flowers you get?
    I got it in a hot-spot as well as non hot-spot after many many tries. The drops are random.

I'm still having trouble with the chickens I'm on level 24 I've collected them 2 times this morning and got 1 blue flower

Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    The flower bait cannot be made in the bait shop it can only be purchased but their is a nice kicker to this.
    You can catch the flower from the pond with any bait. I have been fishing with dough balls.
    Good Luck ...lots of days left.
    Thank you for answering! I fished a couple of times before I was finished with the sugar spinner activity and I got two flowers with anchovy bait. I finished the sugar spinner, which took forever!, and since starting with the pond I haven?t gotten a flower yet, with dough or anchovies! Ya, not thinking I made bait with 2 of the 4 anchovies I?ve earned. I?m not making much progress I?m getting lots of other fish!

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    judyandthecat, I agree with you...in part. The boost came in handy during the Hay There Farmer event, even if I was ultimately unable to acquire the second guinea pig from turning in collections. However, if I remember correctly, the cost of the boost THEN was a lot lower than it is NOW. And I simply cannot afford to purchase it at this time. So I--and, I am sure, many other players--will have to do our best without the boost.

As to having a constant stream of events...I would have liked a bit more time between the previous event and this one, if only to 1) have time to replenish my crafted goods, and 2) to have started it AFTER the US made the transition from Standard Time to Daylight Saving Time, as well as after the scheduled maintenance period (which was probably scheduled because of the transition in the first place). But as to that, I would guess the plan is to have an Easter event starting the day (or a couple or a few days) after this event ends, which is why it started at such a time that it would overlap the maintenance period...either that, or a St. Patrick's day that starts the moment this event ends...
    The maintenance was not a big deal really. It was only for a amount of time and for most of us in the middle of the night. As Rynetory2 said, we could go weeks without events in some games. This will maybe make some players quit because they may think that their game won?t be supported anymore.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Goal 6 of 10:
    High Level Sheep.......Low Levels the Dairy
    Get 1 white Jasmine from sheep
    Give 10 white Jasmine to Morgan
    Give 40 wool to Piper
    REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 swirly topiary , 3 experience points
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 03-12-18 at 02:53 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzynor View Post
    Since we got the sugar spinner I have been finding it difficult to craft the ingredients needed to use it without it having a knock on effect on the stuff I need to craft for other things, it would be a nice gesture if Storm 8 were to allow purchase of a third windmill, i?m sure many people would find it helpful, adding extra slots is fine for stocking up overnight, but not as good as being able to make items simultaneously.
    Not third windmill....we need FOURTH AND FIFTH windmill....I love how the dried grapes were moved to the dehydrator ( that was not crazy expensive to buy!)....would be great if all the stuff for the spinner machine were moveed to two different machines, verysmall in size machines...running out of space on farm....

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast