View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked this event

47 74.60%
  • I didn't like this event

14 22.22%
  • Black and white guinea pig

43 68.25%
  • Guinea pig

35 55.56%
  • Muddy pig

40 63.49%
  • Hayride

28 44.44%
  • Hay house

33 52.38%
  • Hay pony

26 41.27%
  • Hay rooster

19 30.16%
  • Hay roll

20 31.75%
  • Hay bench

15 23.81%
  • Hay stack

21 33.33%
  • Spring meadow path

28 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Hay There Farmer! - 2018 Jan 31 (POLL ADDED)

I decided to try the golden lure to see if I could 'catch' the alfalfa hippo. With my usual luck the three lures I used came back with only fish. If anyone else tries the golden lure and does catch the hippo can you post to let us know?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by kindefarm1890 View Post
    I decided to try the golden lure to see if I could 'catch' the alfalfa hippo. With my usual luck the three lures I used came back with only fish. If anyone else tries the golden lure and does catch the hippo can you post to let us know?
    I got using dough bait so I didn't try with golden lure.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by griffithpack View Post
    Anyone know why it says to craft special bait when we can’t craft it?
    Quote Originally Posted by tromalyt View Post
    oh, hay!

I cannot craft the hay bait.

Please, fix it. Thanks.

And while it is being fixed, you can tell us what do we need to craft it, so we can stack up.
    I don't think we can craft the hippo bait, looks like we can only purchase. Try using normal baits. They work.

Rhino Keeper
    Noticed no drops from apple trees or fryer so no turn ins for me unless they suddenly drop xx

I just used three golden lures. Got fish with the first two; then on the third, I got 14 hippos. So far, my regular baits have not given me hippos, though some people apparently have received some hippos from the regular craftable bait types.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonManda View Post
    I just used three golden lures. Got fish with the first two; then on the third, I got 14 hippos. So far, my regular baits have not given me hippos, though some people apparently have received some hippos from the regular craftable bait types.
    Thank you for the update. I have been getting hippos from the dough bait, 1 set out 6/7 lures used. My stockpiles of dough bait lures will be used up pretty quickly at this rate. I may go back and try a couple more golden lures since the message said all lures would work. Maybe if I cross my fingers by luck will be better.

Thank you all for your tips and posts, I?ve been playing for a year now and couldn?t have gotten through some events without your helpful prep tips, I hope I get to see a little guinea pig soon, much appreciated!! : )

Host(ess)
    I got hippos 2 at a time with just regular baits, and don't see a way to craft the hay baits in the shop. But, I got 10 hippos in one session!

I just bought two hippo baits for 19 gems each and only caught 2 anchovies 😭

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozziemj View Post
    I just bought two hippo baits for 19 gems each and only caught 2 anchovies ��
    That is the danger of using specialty baits. There is never a guarantee that they will catch what you want them to, despite that they are only available during that specific time.

So far, I have been able to collect a lot of hippos with the dough baits, even though it did wipe out the 50+ I had stockpiled (though, on the bright side, I did also need to catch Catfish and Anchovies, so it worked out).