• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 94 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by vitorfelix31 View Post
    I may be wrong but I think it's the difference of requirements and because of the alicorns. you have many alicorns in your game, soon you have higher requirements than the other players
    1- Why use gems and buy alicorns ??
    2- in an event you have to wait 1.5 hours on the woodland bloom, with low rate, why is that extra energy you have to count ??
    3 - I have 20 alicorns and a player with only 1 or 2 ends the event first than me ?? It's fair ???
    Although I see others have already responded to you, I'll answer you too, since your questions were posted directly to me & my post to PikaSquirrel.
    I'm also just gonna call this a language barrier instead of you being sassy & negatively accusatory to me directly (for whatever reason), which is how you're kinda coming across here....

1- I didn't use gems to buy all of my alicorns.
    Some came from the Baron's Tent, some were in-game goal rewards, some came from the Mythic Center, some were purchased on sale with gems freely earned.
    I don't have the Love Shack and don't have *nearly* as many weekly white alicorns as some of my neighbors. But regardless, the number of alicorns (or any other energy animals) that ANY player has or how they acquired them shouldn't be a matter of contention between players.
    Frankly, what I do in my game, how I play my game or what I buy with my money is my business. Same applies for you & other players, too.

2- You're right; extra energy doesn't matter with an item like the Woodland Bloom with a max of 6 and with a 1.5-hr timer. But extra energy DOES come in handy during events like this for chopping rocks and trees for mossy ore & mossy wood among other things, like attending to the REST of the kingdom.

3- There is no comparison between when a player finishes an event and the point of my post you're addressing: different requirements for the same level players to build the same thing. In fact, I don't believe "fairness" even applies to a player with less alicorns than you finishing an event before you. Numerous reasons can account for when a player finishes: the number of times they log into the game, the amount of time they play the game once logged in, using gems to speed things up, using Elven boosts, buying sidebar bundles, etc.
    Those aren't "unfair" advantages; they're matters of personal choice & strategy.
    But requiring some level 50 players to craft 2 Woodland beams and blocks in order to build a Woodland Tower while other level 50 players like me are required to craft 3 of the same blocks & beams to build the same tower IS unfair because it's not the acceptable reason of lower requirements for lower levels and no level of personal choice or strategy is even involved or matters at all.

Speculating that some players were asked to build 6 total blocks and beams while other same-level players only had to build a total of 4 for the same goal is because of the number of alicorns & energy sources that player has or the amount of stored energy that player has hoarded or that player's XP level or the amount of money that player has/hasn't spent on the game in the past or any other reasons posted here by my fellow players are just that: Speculations.
    The only people who can truly tell us why, if there even IS a true reason for this disparity or if it's just random, are S8 staff that frequent our forum, one of which is PikaSquirrel.

Since we were only told that different requirements for the same actions wasn't a bug, I (& other players) still want more clarity on this matter because we feel we deserve a better explanation than that.

SpiritWind ~ Can you please forward our additional inquiries about this matter to S8 staff, so we get a better answer after the Easter holiday than just "it's not a bug". Thanks!

Otherwise, vitorfelix31 ~ Let's not allow inequities in the game (whether actual or perceived) *or* S8 to pit us players against one another!
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 03-31-18 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Typo

Thanks! NW! Eloquently stated!
    I'm really glad the energy thing worked out for players with excess amounts stored but the idea of some being able to accomplish the timed goals while others, because of no fault of their own except for time zone issues, is just one more clue that S8 doesn't test before rollout (remember the last goal!) or just doesn't care anymore.
    'Let's just leave it up to the players to figure out the goals & find the bugs' seems to be the norm now.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    Riverly, in one hour and twenty minutes, I will be on to Goal 11. Will keep you posted.

I?m so behind. Easter! Read on first page that boars are coming from rocks. What i don?t get is, what is the useful spawn we are to look for from rock outcroppings?
    Needless to say, whatever this unlimited energy could have been, I missed it. Just no time to deal with it. But it is not fair to our European neighbors. It?s not their fault the Earth is round!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Although I see others have already responded to you, I'll answer you too, since your questions were posted directly to me & my post to PikaSquirrel.
    I'm also just gonna call this a language barrier instead of you being sassy & negatively accusatory to me directly (for whatever reason), which is how you're kinda coming across here....

Otherwise, vitorfelix31 ~ Let's not allow inequities in the game (whether actual or perceived) *or* S8 to pit us players against one another!
    .... yea, I'm gonna have to side w NW here.

As much as I am willing to rally for and often times lead the charge for torches and pitchforks, it's because I feel a paid for product should be held to a higher standard than a free product.

And and "fun" value assessed by myself or any other player is just that... a self imposed value.
    (show your work...)

Formula, maybe like

If FUN as a percentage >=
    DistractionINeedInMyDay * PerceivedValue(IfImHavingAGoodTime)

over

TimeSpentOnBoards/TimeSpentOnBoardsResearchingUpdatesPostingComlimen tsPerTimePeriod(positives)
    over
    TimeSpentOnBoards/TimeSpentOnBoardsResearchingPostingBugsComplaintsP erTimePeroid(negatives)

TIMES

TotalInGameMinutes/MinutesPerDay

and multiply the whole thing by 50%(I'll explain later)
    FUN >=

(1 to 10) * PerceivedValue(y or n)

over

(
    (100/1000min(Est)
    over
    250/1000min(Est)
    )

(1440min/60(Est))
    )
    * 50%

FUN >= 5y / ((1/10)/(1/4) * (60min/1)) (I think I want to find the middle first) *(Everything by 50%)

FUN >= 5y((.1 * .25)/.25) * 60min) *(Everything by 50%)

FUN >= 5y ((.025/.25) * 60min) *(Everything by 50%)

FUN >= 5y((.00625) * 60min) *(50%)

FUN >= 5y(.375min) *(50%)

FUN >= 1.875y *(50%)

FUN >= 93.75%y

Now, think... about your BEST FUN EVER ... and your Castle Story BEST FUN EVER ... ok, thats why I can't just take the 1.875 as (100%)187.5%, but a 50% brings you to 93.75%... ok, half... 50 50, you should have a 6 or greater to earn an above 100% number, I can see that

so in this particular equation

FUN >= 93.75%

SO, did the total amount of your time (in this case) in one day associated with the game in a 24hour period generate a more positive or more negative experience.

In the case of (1 to 10) * PerceivedValue(y or n) being choosen as a 5, it was just under statisfying for the over all time spent in the game for the day...

BUT

The fact the "y" was choosen over the "n" indicates even though a percentage of time was spent negatively... you still chose PerceivedValue is a Yes, not a No.

MOo!
    Beefus
    Last edited by beefus; 03-31-18 at 11:11 AM. Reason: sorry, took me longer to get back then expected... busy chasing kids off my lawn
    Stop censoring\deleting my posts... I'll not make it easy for you.
    I will add my voice loudly to this community. #Censorship
    I will lurk, smirk and be smarter... #PokeTheBear
    MOothrakian Chief Beef<--- Click it... you know you want to...
    CattleProd#1-:📿[🕹🔴🛡]🐮[♦️####################€ᄃ✨⚡️✨

Rhino Keeper
    I love the rider. Sad it is gems not crowns. It is pretty but not worth what would be around 15-16 €.

That said, what bothers me more that I had no new mossy trees to purchase today at all. So I am not sure if they return eventually or if I am expected to buy bundles for money to get more mossy logs?

Lastly, I also am required 3 beams and 3 blocks per tower. Same for each Woodland Shield ( 3 beam 3 block 2 fangs)
    Last edited by Amarice; 03-31-18 at 09:17 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post

1- I didn't use gems to buy all of my alicorns.
    Some came from the Baron's Tent, some were in-game goal rewards, some came from the Mythic Center, some were purchased on sale with gems freely earned.
    I don't have the Love Shack and don't have *nearly* as many weekly white alicorns as some of my neighbors. But regardless, the number of alicorns (or any other energy animals) that ANY player has or how they acquired them shouldn't be a matter of contention between players.
    Frankly, what I do in my game, how I play my game or what I buy with my money is my business. Same applies for you & other players, too.

2- You're right; extra energy doesn't matter with an item like the Woodland Bloom with a max of 6 and with a 1.5-hr timer. But extra energy DOES come in handy during events like this for chopping rocks and trees for mossy ore & mossy wood among other things, like attending to the REST of the kingdom.

3- There is no comparison between when a player finishes an event and the point of my post you're addressing: different requirements for the same level players to build the same thing. In fact, I don't believe "fairness" even applies to a player with less alicorns than you finishing an event before you. Numerous reasons can account for when a player finishes: the number of times they log into the game, the amount of time they play the game once logged in, using gems to speed things up, using Elven boosts, buying sidebar bundles, etc.
    Those aren't "unfair" advantages; they're matters of personal choice & strategy.
    But requiring some level 50 players to craft 2 Woodland beams and blocks in order to build a Woodland Tower while other level 50 players like me are required to craft 3 of the same blocks & beams to build the same tower IS unfair because it's not the acceptable reason of lower requirements for lower levels and no level of personal choice or strategy is even involved or matters at all.

Speculating that some players were asked to build 6 total blocks and beams while other same-level players only had to build a total of 4 for the same goal is because of the number of alicorns & energy sources that player has or the amount of stored energy that player has hoarded or that player's XP level or the amount of money that player has/hasn't spent on the game in the past or any other reasons posted here by my fellow players are just that: Speculations.
    The only people who can truly tell us why, if there even IS a true reason for this disparity or if it's just random, are S8 staff that frequent our forum, one of which is PikaSquirrel.

Since we were only told that different requirements for the same actions wasn't a bug, I (& other players) still want more clarity on this matter because we feel we deserve a better explanation than that.

SpiritWind ~ Can you please forward our additional inquiries about this matter to S8 staff, so we get a better answer after the Easter holiday than just "it's not a bug". Thanks!

first of all I'm sorry if the friend NorthWoodsKingdom misunderstood me, my point was not to complain to you but complain with s8 about the difference of requirements in the goals for the players. I also make part of this difference and I have to build 3 beam and 3 block as the friend, also i invested in the game I also have many alis, so I'm on your side and not against you, sorry if I misunderstood ..

Rhino Keeper
    ??? Woodland Neckless ??? (Need Real Name)

Real name is Woodland Fang

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    I bought 4, and it is still in the Market.
    max is 5

max 2 for Mothraki Warrior; craft disappear from woodwagon, but you can still craft the woodbeams&blocks in the potion shop
    *** Thuaki Sword Society ***
    Northern Lord of War and Thuaki-Man-At-Arms weaponed with Barbarianbattleaxe #01 and Longsword #18
    Paladin and Lover of Cupperbuts evil Sisters

S8, take away the Cap from Decorations and Animals

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by vitorfelix31 View Post
    first of all I'm sorry if the friend NorthWoodsKingdom misunderstood me, my point was not to complain to you but complain with s8 about the difference of requirements in the goals for the players. I also make part of this difference and I have to build 3 beam and 3 block as the friend, also i invested in the game I also have many alis, so I'm on your side and not against you, sorry if I misunderstood ..
    It's all good, sweetie. ... You misunderstood me and in turn, it appears I misunderstood you, lol.
    Misperceptions can sometimes abound in written text, when intent and tone can't be heard and especially, when there's obviously a language barrier.
    But still, hope some of my explanations to some of your questions helped.
    *hugs* & Happy Gaming! ...and let's hope this event is even WORTH it -- what are we working for again? OH right, we haven't been told THAT either. LOL