Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/27/2014 Update Troll Tribe Part 2

Rhino Keeper
    Hi all,

The Dire Boar spawn rate is the same as a Skunkupine/Fangbeast/Troll. The reason you encountered a Dire Boar so frequently before completing the Swampy Pond was explained in the story.

The Kingdom was under attack by A LOT of Dire Boars. To combat the attack on the Kingdom, Kaz suggested we build a Swampy Pond to keep them away. Once the Swampy Pond was built, the boars retreated.

I hope this clears up the confusion =)!

Rhino Keeper
    Agree with all that boars are appearing very infrequently, and even when they do, tusks etc continue to be rare drops.

Also, it would be nice to have the new fish drop from wells. I built mine because the ponds take up too much space. But now that we can only get fish from ponds (and get plenty of water/regular fish/scales from pond collections) the wells are pretty much pointless.

I have to agree with some of the other posters. Boars don't appear very often. If they have the same spawn rate as the other beasts, maybe we need to know what items actually spawn the boars. (not sure if this was posted somewhere) I know I have gotten them from the regular mine, but that's about it. (and that is not an item you can collect from very often) We get tons of fangbeasts because they spawn from almost any animal collection. If boars spawned from regular pond collections, that would at least give us a chance to collect the tusks needed for the rest of the challenge. (in a reasonable amount of time) Looking back, I kind of wish I hadn't built my swampy pond until after I had ****ed off a few hundred boars, to build up my inventory of those items.

Executive Chef
    With the exception of the boar traps, I have had zero boars in my kingdom since placing the swamp this past weekend but a zillion of the other beasts. I'm only concern because I read we will be needing to go on multiple adventures to get these special pelts and I only have enough tusk for one.

ETA: I collect from everything and every building every day and have been focusing on mushroom rings.

Also wondering if anyone is still getting the cutie pie fish (my little ones nick name for the new fish) once they made the meals? I'm not getting any and wonder if I should stop collecting from ponds since I'm full on water, fish and close to full on mermaid scales or keep collecting if the cutie pies are still dropping. TIA
    Last edited by ghjvcucjb; 03-28-14 at 10:08 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post

Also wondering if anyone is still getting the cutie pie fish (my little ones nick name for the new fish) once they made the meals? I'm not getting any and wonder if I should stop collecting from ponds since I'm full on water, fish and close to full on mermaid scales or keep collecting if the cutie pies are still dropping. TIA
    I've had both catfish and butterfish dropping from ponds since making the meals. As the meals and feast are still in the kitchen I guess we'll be needing more of them!
    Last edited by maguar; 03-28-14 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Better yet, how about a trade of 40 creep tooth, 40 bones and 25 fur for a few tusks, a feral magic bag & a pelt (+ trade ticket)...?
    I really like those ideas - teeth, bones and fur in particular!

Executive Chef
    yeah I can't seem to get the boars to appear. I got one from collecting from a mine yesterday and I keep trying but nada.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggwynn View Post
    Hi all,

The Dire Boar spawn rate is the same as a Skunkupine/Fangbeast/Troll. The reason you encountered a Dire Boar so frequently before completing the Swampy Pond was explained in the story.

The Kingdom was under attack by A LOT of Dire Boars. To combat the attack on the Kingdom, Kaz suggested we build a Swampy Pond to keep them away. Once the Swampy Pond was built, the boars retreated.

I hope this clears up the confusion =)!
    Thank you for the response but it does NOT clear up the "confusion." It is a fact that the boars are not appearing as frequently as Fangbeasts, skunkies or trolls. I get at least a dozen of those beasts every day, and NO boars. I'm collecting from the places that are supposed to spawn them to no avail. TL needs to fix this garbage immediately.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dalechristel View Post
    I have to agree with some of the other posters. Boars don't appear very often. If they have the same spawn rate as the other beasts, maybe we need to know what items actually spawn the boars. (not sure if this was posted somewhere) I know I have gotten them from the regular mine, but that's about it. (and that is not an item you can collect from very often) We get tons of fangbeasts because they spawn from almost any animal collection. If boars spawned from regular pond collections, that would at least give us a chance to collect the tusks needed for the rest of the challenge. (in a reasonable amount of time) Looking back, I kind of wish I hadn't built my swampy pond until after I had ****ed off a few hundred boars, to build up my inventory of those items.

So far we have had reports of boars spawning from:-

Sabina's House
    Sparkling Mine
    Thurston's Fort
    Magic Garden
    Ivy's Hut
    Tablet of Tarbernaum

I think you are right that although the spawn rate is the same as other beasts, the difference is the frequency of collections to the type of buildings that they spawn from, so you actually get much less than you would of other beasts.

I've collected from all my buildings since the update, even the farmhouse, cottage and spires I don't normally collect from and have not had one spawn yet

Rhino Keeper
    It doesn't work!!!!!
    I can't collect Butterfish or Catfish from the swamps or the ponds, I only get normal orange fish (tried 30 times).
    And in the Magic forge I can build Sentry horns and Troll clubs, but I don't know why, they aren't requested anywhere. For which quest or upgrade?