Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Main Goal: A Medieval Menu - September 19th, 2024 (14 days)

Rhino Keeper
    A peaceful sunshiny speck of dust in the Caribbean

Main Goal: A Medieval Menu - September 19th, 2024 (14 days)

Thanks to mugsy0917, pixiegamer for additional information and images

Medieval Oven recipes and counter displays:

New items:

iOS Value Pack:

Last edited by mogglo; Today at 02:09 PM.
    Chief Cook and Bottle Washer at these fine dining establishments: Trini Vibes, Aloo Pie, Cou Cou, Benne Balls, Tamarind Ball, Chili Bibi, Sugar Cake, Toolum, Ponche de Creme, Buss Up Shut, Seamoss, Souse, Mauby and Kurma

Rhino Keeper
    A peaceful sunshiny speck of dust in the Caribbean
    Gran-Gran's Challenge (14 days)

Thanks to pixiegamer for additional information and images

Goal Prize: Mechanical Dragon (2x2, 2nd place prize from the Renaissance Chest)

Last edited by mogglo; Today at 01:56 PM.
    Chief Cook and Bottle Washer at these fine dining establishments: Trini Vibes, Aloo Pie, Cou Cou, Benne Balls, Tamarind Ball, Chili Bibi, Sugar Cake, Toolum, Ponche de Creme, Buss Up Shut, Seamoss, Souse, Mauby and Kurma

Rhino Keeper
    What is the side goal prize? The image is cut off.

Rhino Keeper
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240919-105707_kindlephoto-141334281.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	426.7 KB 
ID:	76110

Medieval Soup

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240919-105650_kindlephoto-141353597.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	415.2 KB 
ID:	76111

Medieval Roast

One of my favorite neighbors has all three recipes unlocked already! waiting on the third recipe for counter display! Loving these medieval recipes a lot but finding it disappointing that the tables and chairs and decor and goal prizes are all DRAGON related items :/
    When I think "medieval", dragons are the LAST thing on that list

I want to see what giant turkey leg looks like . And a Better image of the side goal please ! Thank you ��

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Lots of images and info incoming!

Infographic of New Items:

The Side Goal Prize this time around is the Mechanical Dragon, a 2x2 2nd Place Prize from the Renaissance Chest:

The featured recipes for the Side Goal are from the ORIGINAL Lace Oven (not the Echo Lace Oven!). They are presently available in the OVEN under the BREAKFAST tab for the duration of the goal. When the Side Goal is completed or the timer runs out (whichever comes first), they will return to the Lace Oven:

(Not sure yet whether cooks from the Echo Lace Oven for these recipes will count towards the goal - will need to check).

Strategy Tip: if you want to max out these recipes before they disappear, make sure to max them before completing the Side Goal. It takes 83 cooks to max out a recipe!

First Appliance Parts and Recipes:

New Phoebe's Oven Recipe: Giant Turkey Leg (preview):

~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

First Impressions

First impressions, going from positive to negative:

• The recipes look promising, and the first two counter presentations (thank you @Mugsy0917!) look quite nice It's nice to see 'whole' presentations so far and not 3x minis. Hopefully that continues through the rest of the goal

• I'm generally happy to see this kind of theme expanded upon with fresh additions to the mix. The medieval/medieval-fantasy-adjacent theme has been around a long time in Restaurant Story and it's nice to see items added that can flesh out the theme and add to a more creative design in the game. I know I started pulling out a lot of other complementary decor pieces once I saw this theme to redesign my restaurant

• I really like the floor decors this time around, and am looking forward to unlocking the 'intermediate' prizes since I missed out on similar ones previously. I also especially like the design of the Double Dragon Counter; kudos to the artist(s) for this one

• Conversely, I couldn't really care less for the wallpaper I think it's a nice addition for people who also play Dragon Story, but this took the theme over the top for me.

• On that note, I second Mugsy0917's assessment below:

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsy0917 View Post
      Loving these medieval recipes a lot but finding it disappointing that the tables and chairs and decor and goal prizes are all DRAGON related items :/
      When I think "medieval", dragons are the LAST thing on that list
      As much as I like the items, I have to agree with this :/ I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to get so many dragon-themed items, but to have all the new market items (not the recipes!) and the side goal prize be dragon-related in a "medieval" labeled goal definitely makes one wonder if or why the team didn't consider adding some variety to the goal items.

This goal feels almost like an extension of the 'Winter is Arriving' goals from November 2017. That goal was very clearly referencing a very popular TV show, and this goal seems to possibly be a nod to the TV show's dragon-related spin-off. (Note that this is pure speculation on my part).

It's not a bad thing in and of itself, and again, it's nice to have items that expand on an earlier theme, but: if it is a nod to the spin-off, then I think the team should have leaned into it as they did with the 'Winter is Arriving' goal and really made it clear it was paying homage to the show. Putting these collectively under a medieval label with only the recipes and the final goal prize as non-dragon-related items makes one want for a bit of variety, which I hope we will get with the 5-day goal recipes and prizes (and possibly the weekly sale, if the team decides to supplement the theme further).

• Related to the above: this is one of the goals where I wish we would have gotten an extra floor decor instead of a wall decoration The Flying Dragon is beautiful, but a 1x1 Knight would have been amazing to tie back into the medieval theme and just flesh it out overall. Like, 'Here's a knight! And you can unlock dragons for it to fight as you progress through this goal!' It would have been a fantastic playful addition.

We already got this little guy from the aforementioned Winter is Arriving goal:

A recolor to give us a Black Knight and/or a White Knight for this goal would have been awesome, and it would be great if this could still be done
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Here we go again.... I've cooked the Lemon Tea Cookies THREE times now, but instead of being able to COLLECT the finished recipe, it just RESTARTS the recipe over again! WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO PUT OUT AN ERROR FREE CHALLENGE?!

If someone could PLEASE notify Storm8 about this glitch, I would appreciate it. It would be even better to have this glitch fixed. Sooooo tired of the ERRORS!

SIDE GOAL Part 2 Part 3
    Lemon Tea Cookies 1hr. 20 40
    Lemon Bars 4hrs. 20 40
    Orange Tea Cakes 2hrs. 20 40

I'm not adding neighbors at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm8Chef19Too View Post
    Here we go again.... I've cooked the Lemon Tea Cookies THREE times now, but instead of being able to COLLECT the finished recipe, it just RESTARTS the recipe over again! WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO PUT OUT AN ERROR FREE CHALLENGE?!

If someone could PLEASE notify Storm8 about this glitch, I would appreciate it. It would be even better to have this glitch fixed. Sooooo tired of the ERRORS!
    UPDATE: My latest attempt worked but it was a SINGLE recipe that went through... I'll see what happens when I attempt to do the full 31 recipes I can make at once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast