Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 07/27: Gnome Place Like Home (main story) | goals on page 1

Executive Chef
    The Goblin Hunter also drops the Goblin Flag.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    The Goblin Hunter also drops the Goblin Flag.
    One more source , so we don't need to wait for Madame Makeda to show up. I crafted most goblins (2 missing), so I have a stock that is not/never depleting!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    Spawn rate of Dire Boars out of a fairly dedicated item for this quest (lava formation) is simply WAY too high S8! And the drop rate of the Magma Jewel is on the opposite side of the scale at nearly non-existent. (just went through 18 lava formations and got one Jewel and spawned 14 Dire Boars and 3 Magmalings. I get that you want us to bleed cash and energy, but this is ridiculous!

Farm Supplier

Wild Boars and scarce needed Beasties with no drops from ancient mine⁉️

Quote Originally Posted by AstronomyDan View Post
    Spawn rate of Dire Boars out of a fairly dedicated item for this quest (lava formation) is simply WAY too high S8! And the drop rate of the Magma Jewel is on the opposite side of the scale at nearly non-existent. (just went through 18 lava formations and got one Jewel and spawned 14 Dire Boars and 3 Magmalings. I get that you want us to bleed cash and energy, but this is ridiculous!
    Would hope this quest is not finished in 2 days. Way too many boars. Very poor spawning of needed Beasties. Come on, CS! You usually have the ?drops? sorted out by now?and the Ancient Mine needs some pep juice or something?it is still sleeping in my kingdom lol. HAGD CHOPPING? I need some lemonade. THURSTON!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by xiq24 View Post
    the little monsters you craft in the Gnomish Forge are dropping the magma jewel every 4 hours. I don't go to the lava formation for these anymore, I now have enough thanks to these monsters
    I don't have the drops from the ancient mine to be able to craft the monsters in the Gnomish Forge. Good to know if I ever get them that I'll get more magma jewels. I've only had 3 axes drop from the ancient mine and nothing else. After clearing 6 mines today with only 1 magma jewel, I did spawn a couple of the magmaling cousins, the simmering and white hot ones, but they don't drop the jewel needed to craft the deep mine cart. I really hope I can start getting better drops from the mine. Maybe when I level up. Fingers crossed!

Update - Thanks xiq24 for letting me know about the drops from the 3 little monsters from the Gnomish forge. I was finally able to gather enough items to craft the white hot one last night. I've collected 2 magma jewels as a result. Things are finally looking up in that area. Hopefully I will be able to get drops from the ancient mine to help me craft the other two. For all of us struggling with magma jewels, there is hope in sight.
    Last edited by ladlasse; 08-03-23 at 06:55 AM.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Fashion Designer
    Just a reminder to use the boosts when growing the mine blooms. I know many of you are very good at using boosts wisely. I tend to forget about them, but I've been using the nimble farmer boost thanks to someone suggesting it earlier. However, I didn't even think about using the harvest boost until today. Wish I would have thought of it earlier, I would have more chisels completed.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Host(ess)
    Hi kolakid Just made the same mistake! Having defeated AC went back to AM for ?supplies?, it spawned again, 299 health and I?ve pretty much exhausted energy supplies after first effort. Moral of the story, have a little monster on board before next visit. Definitely worth avoiding that pitfall, excuse the pun.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Now that I've moved through goal 9, here is what actually happens in goals 9 and 10 in relation to the how the Ancient Colossus spawns.

In goal 9, you collect from the Ancient Mine and upgrade to Level 5 and then to Level 6. When the Mine is Level 6, you collect again (so a 12 hour wait from upgrade) to complete this goal and get the congratulations screen. The Ancient Colossus does NOT spawn in goal 9.

Goal 10 is now active. After another 12 hours when the Ancient Mine is ready again for collection, you will collect again and it is in THIS goal (10) that the 99 hit Ancient Colossus spawns.

Executive Chef
    So - still deciding if I want to work on this right now considering the energy and coin costs (which I could handle). If I’m not a gnome/monster aficionado, what might result other than perhaps supplies for the elven exchange? Is there more than questing for questing’s sake?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakDAC View Post
    Hi kolakid Just made the same mistake! Having defeated AC went back to AM for ?supplies?, it spawned again, 299 health and I?ve pretty much exhausted energy supplies after first effort. Moral of the story, have a little monster on board before next visit. Definitely worth avoiding that pitfall, excuse the pun.
    I don’t understand. Surely you need to craft all the supplies before you level up to 10 so how are you still making supplies after you reach level 10.