• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Executive Chef
    Do the 4 shields crafted in Goal 8 unlock the warrior in the wagon on Goal 9?

My blooms are not dropping so it's taking 2 days to get the 4 shields on goal 8.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Yes. As soon as goal 9 comes up the craft opens. The second craft remains locked.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Yes. As soon as goal 9 comes up the craft opens. The second craft remains locked.
    Thanks. Reading through these pages it sounded like a lot of players were stuck on Goal 9. That didn't sound right.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Official drops

Mothraki Warrior
    • Living Wood
    • Sap
    • Wood

Mothraki Knight
    • Longsword
    • Light Armor
    • Simple Feast
    • Hearty Feast
    • Mithril

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Official drops

Mothraki Warrior
    • Living Wood
    • Sap
    • Wood

Mothraki Knight
    • Longsword
    • Light Armor
    • Simple Feast
    • Hearty Feast
    • Mithril

Good Morning and Happy Easter to All.
    Wow! The Knight has great drops! The Warrior seems common drops so far, but crafting them seems out of reach at this stage.

I'm stuck since y'day on 8th due to the Nectar drops. My fixed drops are 2 each collection. Even if I'm using the timer, due to holiday interruptions it's VERY difficult to collect all. At this speed.. with all the Nectar needed I'm in difficulty without the walker boost as I have to wait to craft the basic mossy blocks and beams. BUT I know this is S8's intention.. decisions, decisions!

My thought is 400Gems is an outrageous amount for another walker whose use is null after-event. But it's clear without spending this app. 20Euros it can't be finished even if I'm glued to the device without sleeping!

But why o why is it so expensive? I've never been afraid to face chopping nor ridiculous collections.. but when one basic material is rare.. or you buy the boost or you just step aside! So..... this event is definitely for those who spend. It would have been all ok if the walker/rider remains a boost for all events thereafter, but this is wishful thinking!

Is there anyone further ahead than 8th who is able to keep up the basic nectar collections and crafting without the boost? Comments would be appreciated.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Hi.

As a long-time player (2013); I’d like to add my thoughts to this discussion regarding the goal requirements. I suggest that there may an algorithm that randomized craft requirements in all the goals. The game-theory would be that based on the randomization, sometimes a player may receive the easier requiement and sometimes the harder. And, a player may only receive all the easier or all the harder crafting goals. The reason why is to create anticipation of what one encounters and how the player adjusts in real-time to their goals. The forum provides an excellent resource to help us know the goal steps in advance and pre-plan. However, that is not the design of the “game”, the “game” is the “play in-game”, as each player interacts with each goal and makes decisions/actions. The developers flex their muscles by randomizing elements in the game design. I think that they expect that players will be upset, confused.....and stay engaged because they want to uncover the “what comes next “ . I have more to say, but wanted to brief and hope that I conveyeded myself clearly. Thanks for reading.

My thanks to the awesome moderators and fellow CS players. Really love our community.

(Yes, I do accept new neighbors.)
    Last edited by eastie41; 03-31-18 at 11:37 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by eastie41 View Post
    Hi.

As a long-time player (2013); I’d like to add my thoughts to this discussion regarding the goal requirements. I suggest that there may an algorithm that randomized craft requirements in all the goals. The game-theory would be that based on the randomization, sometimes a player may receive the easier requiement and sometimes the harder. And, a player may only receive all the easier or all the harder crafting goals. The reason why is to create anticipation of what one encounters and how the player adjusts in real-time their goals. The forum provides an excellent resource to help us know the goal steps in advance and pre-plan. That is not the “game” the “game” is the “play in-game”, as each player interacts with each goal and makes decisions/actions. The developers flex their muscles by these elements in the game design. I think that they expect that players will be upset, confused.....and stay engaged because they want to uncover the “what comes next “ . I have more to say, but wanted to brief and hope that I conveyed myself clearly. Thanks for reading.

My thanks to the awesome moderators and fellow CS players. Really love our community.

(Yes, I do accept new neighbors.)
    Yes.. with all the suggestions that were made this could be the reason on top of the list. Suggestions before were not logical.. but I see logic here.
    S8 would never waste time planning different codes if not for an important reason. This could be one as involves future programming and play.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Here is my theory... I think it's how many EXTRA energy u would get outside of the starting 40....
    as in how many alicorns (daily and weekly), unicorns or other energy animals, and Wizard schools u have. The more energy-droppers u have, the higher ur requirements are. I say this because Im currently at level 47 (which mean I'm a high level player) but got the lower requirements (only had to build 2 towers, not 3). I have 4 Ali's (wedding, rainbow, faerie, and crafted pastel), 1 unicorn, and 2 wizards schools.
    I know tats hardly anything compared to the rest of u high level 50+ with over 10 Ali's.
    Again, just a theory. Good luck y'all. Happy Easter!
    Last edited by koalamama3; 03-31-18 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Wrong building name

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    tired of all the green building materials we have already and none of the prizes look interesting to me. The skull sh*t is just creepy and while I don't use sound and can't hear the burping, the idea seems a bit juvenile and frat boyish. I am kind of half-assing my way through this one, not ignoring it but not trying very hard either.
    It?s funny, the reason i?d like to complete this one is because it is so different from anything else we have in the kingdom, yes, completely creepy, but then I?ve got two very creepy looking things in my house and I love them because they are creepy looking. I didn?t get the walker because I?m so close to getting another Ali and 400 gems is way too much for something that we normally get given at the end of a quest. Having said that I?ve got 7 Weekly energy giving animals and half the time at a loss as to what to do with the extra energy. I?m usually coming on here to find why the next steps are and what I need to chop or collect from to get a little ahead.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Rhino Keeper
    Maybe it's based on nationality: All Europeans get higher requirements