Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
In my 5-6 years of play, it was a good ride - until they stop the weekly updates: in regards to: new boxes/crates, new ovens that aren't required/needed by goal. New decorations (you don't have to get by goal) - they still did goal, but they also had regular updates weekly (not need by goal).

They stop that like 2-3 year ago.
I'm a relatively new player (started last year) but I hit level 99 about a week ago. I'm a somewhat dedicated player and it's not like in-game money would be an issue in completing a goal but time certainly IS.
People have lives and the game sometimes makes me think that S8 tends to forget that. It makes the game feel more like a job and less like casual entertainment (which is what it should naturally be in my humble opinion).
Unfortunately this also means I have no comparison how a 30 days goal feels like. I only know its stressful 15 days variant and its even more painfully stressful small 5 days cousin. The goal free release of ovens and decorations is music to my ears, though.

Any change towards less timeconsuming would be a good change. If you put the game down for a week or even if it's a day or two (making you start late for a goal) you could potentially miss out on 500 things in the meanwhile. It locks away recipes and decorations for good without the option of unlocking them - ever. Unless they decide to maybe re-release it again in about 4-5 years from now. That's no fun.