View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
631. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.96%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

456 72.27%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.77%
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

I do not mind 15 day goals but the 5 day goals like the Easter one that just ended are waaaaay too short. I have kids and responsibilities and even if I did not I think it would be impossible to finish without spending money. So yea I did not reach that goal,

New Resident
    I agree the 5 day goal is way to short unless you have the time to do nothing else all day and night but play 😕 lol

Rhino Keeper
    I also think the goals are too short. That includes the 5 day and the 15 day. Many of my neighbors struggle with getting things done on time. I have some that don't bother with the goals at all. Also some that can only accomplish the first part.
    If you're not at home a lot, there's not enough time. The outside world likes to interrupt a lot

Mission Impossible

I don?t get why the recent challenges have SUCH short time frames before they end. You would think an Easter challenge might actually be available UNTIL EASTER! Sorry that I had to attend my sons wedding and couldn?t just spend all of my time trying to get this done. Feels like a ploy to force me to spend gems which makes it not a game anymore, just you all making money.

Executive Chef
    I start the "I Love To Laugh" goal 3-4 day late - i was able to finish with about 2 more day in remain! But i was a bit scared that i would not finish in time.

However i can see both side!

IF the goal was longer then 2 week, people would get bored and finish it with the first few day to week/ or last few day.

But also it would be good if i could not get scared in the end with only a few day same with other people.

But when i do start "On The Open Road" goal i can get it done with 6 day in remain!

But with the 5 day, it should be a FULL week!

THAT should be a week long - NOT 5 day!

New Resident
    I much prefer the 30 day goal! Not because I am running out of time to complete the goal but because it takes so long to master all of the new recipes in the new ovens and I am accumulating a backlog of food that takes forever to be consumed. Please put it back to 30 day goals with maybe an optional string goal that issues a re-release item for the newer players. Us old skool players don't need the re-release gifts so we can concentrate on mastering the new recipes instead in that time frame. I am still trying to master all of the new Mothers Day over recipes while I am having to contend with this new goal now. SLOW DOWN PLEASE.

I actually think the 15 day goals is a good amount of time I voted to stay the same. But if they want to make the goals longer they can add in more goals for us to do at the same time such as a re release of an old oven because if goals become 30 days then I would get bored

Quote Originally Posted by minxys_ View Post
    I actually think the 15 day goals is a good amount of time I voted to stay the same. But if they want to make the goals longer they can add in more goals for us to do at the same time such as a re release of an old oven because if goals become 30 days then I would get bored
    I absolutely agree with this
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

New Resident
    Ok, just putting that out there.

The last 5 days goal was a friggin NIGHTMARE for me!

Actually I think the timer should be set in a fashion so it's possible to finish a goal within a given timeframe with only ONE oven built (and not 500 or cutting back on sleep to get things done, geez.)
    Last goal: step 2,3 and 4 were in summary 38 dishes from the "new" oven, each 8 hrs to bake: makes 304 hrs, divided by 24 equals 12.66667 days (without a break mind you) and that excludes the time it takes to even BUILD the thing and the prerequisites to unlocking the first recipe!

Why? just WHY? And how on earth is someone who would like to get the final prize who can only afford to build one oven supposed to manage that? Like, at all? EVER?
    (And I'm not even gonna get started on complaining about how expensive all these recipes are.)

I wouldn't even mind if goals were overlapping. Who said one goal has to end before the next can start? It could be a compromise to satisfy new and veteran players.
    If the 15 days goals were 30, and 5 days goals let's say 10 days, the 10 days goal could start 20 days into the 30 days goal and both would end at the same time, giving people who already finished the 30 days goal a new task to focus on while giving more time to people who can't finish that fast. It could almost make bakery story a *casual* game, no? Cause why the heck not. sigh.
    Are any of the storm8 programmers even reading what people write here? Probably not. Just wondering...
    Sorry, it's just frustrating and that's not what I want this game to be. Enough of that.

-end of rant-

Nightmare...
    Almost makes me want to quit again...
    Last edited by shjzo; 05-03-18 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Typos galore

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shjzo View Post
    Ok, just putting that out there.

The last 5 days goal was a friggin NIGHTMARE for me!

Actually I think the timer should be set in a fashion so it's possible to finish a goal within a given timeframe with only ONE oven built (and not 500 or cutting back on sleep to get things done, geez.)
    Last goal: step 2,3 and 4 were in summary 38 dishes from the "new" oven, each 8 hrs to bake: makes 304 hrs, divided by 24 equals 12.66667 days (without a break mind you) and that excludes the time it takes to even BUILD the thing and the prerequisites to unlocking the first recipe!

Why? just WHY? And how on earth is someone who would like to get the final prize who can only afford to build one oven supposed to manage that? Like, at all? EVER?
    (And I'm not even gonna get started on complaining about how expensive all these recipes are.)

I wouldn't even mind if goals were overlapping. Who said one goal has to end before the next can start? It could be a compromise to satisfy new and veteran players.
    If the 15 days goals were 30, and 5 days goals let's say 10 days, the 10 days goal could start 20 days into the 30 days goal and both would end at the same time, giving people who already finished the 30 days goal a new task to focus on while giving more time to people who can't finish that fast. It could almost make bakery story a *casual* game, no? Cause why the heck not. sigh.
    Are any of the storm8 programmers even reading what people write here? Probably not. Just wondering...
    Sorry, it's just frustrating and that's not what I want this game to be. Enough of that.

-end of rant-

Nightmare...
    Almost makes me want to quit again...
    Overlapping is a good thing, as i see it.

It can be very hard.. They are not no fun no more

(In regards to S8)

Sometime i wonder the same thing, does S8 ever read members post? If so they might change something! Or at least get a view where the players stand.

In my 5-6 years of play, it was a good ride - until they stop the weekly updates: in regards to: new boxes/crates, new ovens that aren't required/needed by goal. New decorations (you don't have to get by goal) - they still did goal, but they also had regular updates weekly (not need by goal).

They stop that like 2-3 year ago.

But there was no 5 day goal and less needed requests to start the actual goal.
    I wish for that to be bring back.

The thing i like though - is they bring back old goal/ old decoration.

(Forum moderators)

The forum moderators are good but they can't change something entirely -at least not in the game. However i think they are only forum moderators but they are good (in my experience) with them.
    Last edited by kappy333; 05-03-18 at 05:00 PM.