Trial of Virtues - Part 1
9 goals | Main Storyline with a timed component

Goal Pre-requisites & Notes:
* You must be Level 45 to trigger this storyline
* There are no pre-requisites of another storyline to begin this one
* If you complete Part 1 of Trial of Virtues within 7 days of the release of this story you will receive the Power Dragon
* You can take as long as you like though... you will only miss out on the Power Dragon if you do not complete this goals within 7 days
* This part unlocks the High Climb Mountain located in map reference BB13
* The Holy Herb (from Ivy) is an extremely rare drop from defeating the Harpy
* Ivy's Holy Herb drops continue between parts 1-2 and 2-3
* The Totem of Strength craft is NOT available in between parts
* This 1st timed component may only be available to players when content released

Expansion Information
Part 1:
BB13: 35 mithril, 45 spellbound dew, 5 Ivy's holy herbs, 8 totem of strength | 1st plot released | High Climb Mountain is in this plot

BC13: 3000 RP, 400,000 coins, 50 wisp lanterns, 5 expansion permits | 2nd plot released | you must unlock this plot in order to continue to Part 2 and access Mind Roar Falls in BC14 (to its left). There are no goals associated with opening this plot.

Part 2:
BC14: 30 spellbound dew, 25 holy herbs, 8 totems of strength, 21 crown of wisdom | 3rd plot released | Mind Roar Falls is in this plot

BC15: 3000 RP, 500,000 coins, 50 wisp lanterns, 6 expansion permits | 4th plot released | you must unlock this plot in order to continue to Part 3 and access the Cave of Courage in BC16 (to its left). There are no goals associated with opening this plot.

Part 3:
BC16: 35 holy herb, 10 totem of strength, 10 crown of wisdom, 20 amulet of courage | 5th plot released | Cave of Courage is in this plot

BC17: 3000RP, 400,000 coins, 50 wisp lanterns, 5 expansion permits| 6th plot released | There are no goals associated with opening this plot

Dialogue:
Thurston: Are you ready for a challenge?
Thurston: Complete this quest before the time runs out and you'll be rewarded with a Power Dragon!
TIMED: Virtuous Creatures Part I
* Complete Part I of Trial of Virtues 0/1
Reward: 1000 coins, 25 xp +1 Power Dragon
Congratulations: Thurston: Well done, my liege!

Note:
* The Power Dragon is rewarded as soon as you begin the Build Your Body craft (in goal 9) and is ready to place on your board immediately
* The Power Dragon does not drop story related items

Note: Do not visit Ivy's Hut until goal 5 as the Holy Herb will not drop until then. The expansion square that is available from goal 1 requires Holy Herb, but it will not drop yet.

Clear any monsters from your board for this goal! Collecting from the bush will spawn the Harpy.
Baron: Please start your investigation into this thievery!
Goal 1:
* Gather water 0/1 GO (skip 6 gems)
* Tend to bushes 0/1 GO | will spawn the Harpy
Rewards: 1000 coins, 25 xp
Congratulations: Baron: Have you found any clues?

Thurston: Let us slay this disgusting beast!
Goal 2:
* Defeat the Harpy 0/1 GO | 15 hits to defeat
* Pick up Trial Clue 0/1 GO (skip 30 gems) | drops 1-3 Trial Clues once the Harpy is defeated
Congratulations: Thurston: We've saved the girl! Now let's ask if she knows anything about the lost items!

Old Thomas: Harpies are dangerous creatures. I suggest we do some research before proceeding.
Goal 3:
* Visit Old Thomas's house 0/1 GO
Congratulations: Old Thomas: It seems that harpies are attracted to shiny things and hoard them in their nests!

Anya: Umm if you want to follow in his footsteps, you should go to the High Climb Mountain!
Goal 4:
* Gather silver ore 0/10 GO | the 3 items will auto-complete if you have enough in inventory
* Gather jewels 0/10 GO
* Find trial clues 0/1 GO
* Forge a Totem of Strength 0/1 GO | Magic Forge, 1 hour - 12 trial clues, 10 silver ore, 10 jewels
Congratulations: Anya: Katya also built some of those strength thingies! You must be on the right track!

Ivy: We should look around for some supplies before hitting this mountain.
Goal 5:
* Search deep mines 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems)
* Tend to bushes 0/1 GO (skip 1 gem)
* Visit Ivy's Hut 0/1 GO (skip 24 gems) | collecting from Ivy's Hut will drop the holy herb.
Congratulations: Ivy: Keep an eye out for this Elder guy. He might be friendly, but he could also be in trouble...

Strong Elder: Follow me, for I know the way through these dense woods.
Goal 6:
* Gather mithril 0/1 GO | these 4 items will auto-complete if you have enough in inventory as needed to expand the plot
* Gather spellbound dew 01 GO
* Gather Ivy's holy herb 0/1 GO
* Forge a Totem of Strength 0/1 GO
* Travel to the High Climb Mountain 0/1 GO | BB13 Expansion requirements: 35 mithril, 45 spellbound dew, 5 Ivy's holy herbs, 8 totem of strength
Congratulations: Strong Elder: Many consider the journey to the mountain to be the first step on the trial. Congratulations on making it this far.
Note: once you expand to this plot, you can also expand to BC13: 3000 RP, 400,000 coins, 50 wisp lanterns, 5 expansion permits. You must expand to BC13 to unlock the plot with Mind Roar Falls for Part 2

Clear any monsters from your board for this goal! Collecting the Climb of Power craft will spawn the Vile Harpy. You will need to do the craft again if you have a monster on your board.
Strong Elder: The climb will be arduous! But I see strength in you.
Goal 7:
* Complete the Climb of Power 0/1 GO | High Climb Mountain, 5 minutes - 1 golden nugget, 1 golden egg
* Boot out the Vile Harpy 0/1 GO | The Vile Harpy will spawn when you collect the Climb of Power craft
Rewards: 1000 coin, 25 xp
Congratulations: Strong Elder: Ah, the damnable bird fled the scene.

Thurston: Sabina was so happy! She let me go out and slay harpies with you!
Goal 8:
* Defeat the Vile Harpy 0/1 GO | 99 hits to defeat
Congratulations: Thurston: The Vile Harpy won't be coming back from that one!

Strong Elder: Continue to hone your strength, and please use it to protect Anya.
Goal 9:
* Plan to Build your Body 0/1 GO | High Climb Mountain, 1 hour - 9 trial clues, 15 spellbound dew, 8 holy herb
Rewards: 2500 coin, 50 xp, + Strong Elder
Congratulations: Strong Elder: All will be made clear in time, Outsider. You have done well to come so far.
Note: the Strong Elder is ready to place on your board when this goal is complete.

Part 1 Dialogue:
Spoiler: show

Goal 1:
Baron: Oh, child! Have you seen my diamond ring? I swear this kingdom is less safe every year...
Ruler: I'm sure you just misplaced it, Baron... Where did you last see it? We can start there.
Baron: It was purloined near the forest's edge! I think some of those strange woods folk may have taken it.
Ruler: Woods folk? I've never heard of any sort, but I'm sure they aren't stealing your stuff...
Ivy: Hey Ruler! Have you seen my copper cauldron? I was making some soup but it's gone missing.
Ruler: Strange, Baron's missing something too. Where did you lose it?
Ivy: Down by the forest's edge. I heard some rustling but as soon as I looked it was gone!
Baron: It was those pesky forest folk! They're stealing our valuables!
Ruler: Let's not jump to conclusions here. I've never even heard of these forest folk until today.
Old Thomas: They are actually the Woodsfolk, Young Ruler. While I have not seen them myself, they are real.
Ruler: Let me guess, you came here to report a missing object and jumped into the conversation?
Old Thomas: Was it that obvious? Yes, I have misplaced a mithril latched tome near the forest.
Ruler: With everyone losing their valuables, I imagine we'll hear from...
Thurston: My Liege! Urgent news from the front! Sabina has lost a tiara... and she's making me look for it.
Thurston: Would you have any leads for me and my knights?
Ruler: Yep! I figured the gang would all come to me at the first sign of trouble.
Ruler: Looks like we'll have to investigate our missing goods, starting with these Woodsfolk.
Ivy: It seems like we've all lost something shiny. Are you sure it's not just a bird?
Ivy: We shouldn't accuse people of things if we've never met them.
Ruler: We'll have to start looking somewhere and the forest is our only real clue!
Ruler: We won't make any accusations until we have proof...

Goal 2:
Girl: Eeeek!
Ruler: Did anybody hear that?
Baron: It may have been the thief!
Thurston: I think it's a child in distress! We must do something!
Ruler: I see something! Is that a bird?
Harpy: Give me your valuables, stupid child! That shiny doll will do nicely!
Anya: No! You stay away from me and Rongo! Actually, you should tell me where you took my brother!
Ruler: Ugh, that thing is ugly! Let's go save that kid before it steals her toy, or worse!
Thurston: Understood, my liege! We'll drive that vile harpy away!

Goal 3:
Ruler: Hey kid! You're safe now, but are you alright?
Girl: I... uh. I think I'm ok. I don't think she hurt me too badly.
Old Thomas: Tell us, young one. What is your name? And why are you along in the woods like this?
Anya: My name is Anya and I'm looking for my brother, Katya. And why wouldn't I be in the woods? We're Woodsfolk, after all. This is our home, even if it's full of harpies now...
Ruler: Harpies? What do they want with you?
Ivy: Harpies are voraciously greedy creatures. They're probably picking at this area for loot.
Anya: The harpies are taking everything! I think they took my brother too! Last I saw him he went off on his Trial of Virtues before the harpies came. That was a week ago!
Ruler: Don't worry, Anya! We'll help you find your brother and drive these harpies from your home!
Old Thomas: Perhaps we should return to my house. I may have some harpy lore that could help.

Goal 4:
Ruler: You said something about your brother going on some trial. Can you tell us about it? Following his trail might give us some clues to his fate.
Anya: My brother is the bravest person I know! He went out to take his Trial of Virtues! Every Woodsfolk member takes their trial when they grow up! Each one is a different virtue.
Old Thomas: Pray, tell us what are the virtues. We should know if we are to follow his trail for clues.
Anya: Umm, I know the first one was to prove how strong you are.
Ruler: And what about the rest of the virtues?
Anya: I dunno! I'm not old enough to take my trials and Katya always bored me when he talked about them...
Thurston: If it's strength that's being tested then I have full confidence that we can overcome this trial!
Ruler: I didn't plan on taking their coming of age ritual, Thurston!
Baron: But perhaps if you follow in the Katya's footsteps you might find our lost belongings!

Goal 5:
Harpy: *Screech* Get out of these woods. This forest belongs to the Harpy Queen now!
Ruler: I think you mean they belong to the Woodsfolk! Now get out of here you flying rat!
Anya: Wow! You're really good at scaring those harpies away!
Ivy: But we're less good at searching through this dense forest. Aren't we?
Ruler: It's like we're walking blind through all of this brush. Are you sure you don't know the way, Anya?
Anya: I don't normally go so far from our village. I'm just as turned around as you are!
Ruler: We'll just have press on regardless. The ground is getting steeper here so we must be getting loser to that mountain.
Anya: Maybe we'll run into the Strong Elder! He may have seen Katya before he went missing!
Ruler: What is this Strong Elder like? Do you think he will help us?
Anya: He's as strong as a horse! And I know he'll help us! He's super duper nice!

Goal 6:
Strong Elder: Hello there, strangers. you seem to be lost in these woods. And I am afraid they are not quite as safe as they used to be...
Ruler: Oh hi! And who might you be?
Anya: It's the Strong Elder! Have you seen Katya? Why are there harpies everywhere?
Strong Elder: Oh ho ho, one question at a time Anya. I am glad to see that you're safe. But nobody who goes by the name of Katya has been this way recently.
Ruler: Do you have any idea where may have gone? We thought he may completed the Strength Trial.
Anya: yeah! How do you not know anything, Elder? And why are you down here anyway?
Strong Elder: Oh little Anya, things have become quite complicated as of late. I'll tell you what... Harpies have infested by shrine atop High Climb Mountain. Please travel there, kind stranger. Clear the Vile Harpy from our shrine of strength and I'll answer your questions.

Goal 7:
Harpy: *Screech* What are you doing near my lair? Begone you beasts! This land belongs to the Harpy Queen!
Ruler: Get out of here you birdbrain! This shrine clearly belongs to Woodsfolk and their elders!
Harpy: If you want me gone then you'll have fight me on this mountain! I'll drop rocks on your head!
Thurston: Get out of here you beast! But Elder, why have you not expelled the harpy yourself?
Ruler: I was wondering that too. You are their *Strong* Elder, are you not?
Strong Elder: Alas, I still have my strength at my age. But unfortunately, the climb up this mountain is steep. My centaur body does not help much when climbing up a few hundred feet of ladders. All of my upper body strength is useless when the harpy drops rocks and claws at me when I climb.
Anya: Oh no! Those feathered freaks fight so dirty! But our new friends can help us! Right?
Ruler: Ha! Don't you worry about us, Anya! Thurston and I will deep fry that harpy when we're done with her!
Thurston: Hear hear! I will race you to the top, my liege!

Goal 8:
Vile Harpy: you pesky terrestrials! You're taking my home from me!
Anya: This mountain belongs to the Woodsfolk! You get out of here!
Ruler: yeah, scram you featherbrained jerk! Ugh, it got away. But I think I found something up there. It looks like Sabina's crown!
Thurston: It is! Oh, she is going to be so happy that we found it! I'll have to return it right away!
Anya: And any signs of my brother?
Ruler: No, I don't think so at least. But the Elder said he'd help us out now!
Strong Elder: Please, I beg of you for one last task. Defeat this Vile Harpy once and for all! I will help you once I know it will no longer plague my people...
Anya: But you said you would help us! They did what you asked!
Ruler: It's fine, Anya. We'll finish the job and set things right for your people.

Goal 9:
Baron: Will the weathered centaur tell us where the boy is or not?
Ruler: I'm sure hell tell us. But I could use a breather after all that fighting and climbing.
Anya: Could yo please help us find Katya, mister Elder?
Strong Elder: As promised, I will help you on your journey. Though I fear I do not have what you seek, Anya. But first I must congratulate you, Outsider. For you have completed your first Trial of Virtue.
Ruler: Oh I'm not doing this for your coming of age ceremony, I just want to help find her brother!
Strong Elder: Like it or not, you have proven your strength to me, and this must be honored. You too, Anya.
Anya: What? But I'm too young to start my trials!
Strong Elder: Yet started them, you have. I fear my advice will not be as concrete as you may have hoped... Continue on towards the Mind Roar Falls. You will find what you seek if you continue your Trials...
Ruler: I'm note quire sure what's happening but at least it's our next clue! What awaits at the falls?