Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2016 Suggestions Thread

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

Halloween 2016 Suggestions Thread

This is NOT an official thread started by anyone at S8, so there's no guarantee any of these will make it into the game. However, I wanted to start a different thread dedicated solely to Halloween, since the general Theme Suggestions thread is open for all suggestions.

Recipe Ideas
    • "Finger"ling Potatoes - fingerling potatoes designed to look like actual fingers (and this adds a bonus pun!)
    • Fenny Snake Filet - in reference to the famous "Double Double" song
    • Fried Ladies' Fingers (also known as Okra, but its other name would make it perfect for Halloween)
    • Cauliflower Brain Bake
    • Witches' Brew - a lovely smoking gray liquid served in a cauldron. Would be great to see this added as a drink
    • Morcilla (blood sausage) - it's not exactly Halloween-themed, but its look would fit in really well with the Halloween atmosphere. As a bonus, players could use it in Latin American themes afterwards
    • Poison Apple - an apple with a lovely skull-shaped drizzle of something glowy (pic below)
    • Mystery Meat Pies - maybe we shouldn't ask what's in them...

Floor Decor Ideas
    • A welcome mat that says 'LEAVE'
    • A Jack-O-Lantern with different expressions. Rather than have multiple decorations on the same premise, it would be awesome (and very innovative!!) to see a 4-way rotational pumpkin, with each rotation having a different expression. As an example: Rotation 1 - classic Jack-O-Lantern face; Rotation 2 - Goofy Jack-O-Lantern; Rotation 3 - Sleepy Jack-O-Lantern; Rotation 4 - regular pumpkin with no carvings
    • The Restaurant Story gang in different costumes! Examples: Red Riding Hood Phoebe, Witchy Gran-Gran, Zombie Chef Lee, etc. Even though Phoebe already has a few outfits in the market, not all of them would work for Halloween, so it would be nice to get a new get-up for her And Gran-Gran and Lee desperately need to make a reappearance!
    • Spellbook pile - a pile of old books with different titles (ex. potions, spells), with a little pumpkin on top
    • Kids carving jack-o-lanterns
    • A Skeleton Band (different skeletons playing different instruments)
    • A skeleton chasing a dog that has run off with its arm
    • Bony hands coming out of the ground

Wallpaper Ideas
    • Peeling wallpaper - really aged wallpaper that's just peeling off the wall. This would add a really creepy touch to the restaurant. As an extra - a completely neat version of the wallpaper, so players can
    • Slashed wallpaper - a nice wallpaper with slashes going through the middle (hmm, what could have caused those?)
    • Slime wallpaper - a dark wallpaper with slime just oozing from the top

Wall Decor Ideas
    • Spooky Portraits - Victorian-style portraits, where the face has become creepy with gaunt eyes and an evil expression. I won't include a picture, but a quick image search yields a lot of good examples.
    • Melting Black Wall Candles
    • A 2x1 shelf holding skulls, spellbooks, and mini-pumpkins
    • Corner Cobwebs
    • Broken Windows
    • An old, rusted, broken screen door (pic below)
    • Wall-mounted brooms
    • Hands coming out of the wall
    • Red handprints, maybe some dragging

Floor Tile Ideas
    • Dirt - I know it doesn't seem very Halloween-like to begin with, but a dirt tile could be used in a lot of Halloween settings (ex. cemetery, pumpkin patch, zombie lawn party, etc.)
    • Foggy floor - a tiled design which can make the floor look completely enshrouded in fog

Chair Ideas
    • Ripped chair - something which would have been a nice chair but is now ripped, with its upholstery showing through (and maybe missing a leg)
    • A Bone Throne - a throne made completely out of bones!

Table Ideas
    • A Bone Table - to go with the throne!
    • A floating table - one with a tablecloth but no visible base
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Rhino Keeper
    Love your ideas pixiegamer.

I would like to see some Dracula cookies and ghost cookies. Mummy lasagna. Return of the Spooky Chest
    Last edited by MamaFoodie; 09-30-16 at 01:44 PM.

Brilliant ideas pixiegamer (give her a job Storm8!)

For me I just want to see truly scary and haunted content. Last year's updates veered more towards a happy party which didn't really capture the creepy side of Halloween. If the reason for this is a fear that content may be inappropriate for younger players I urge Storm8 to reconsider - within reason I don't think there anything could be added which would really cause distress. Some of the earlier Halloween stuff is along the lines of what I'm looking for. Particularly some of the older crates which if returned would be a huge hit.

And I'm totally dreaming here but how about a new edition of the app for iOS players? It'll never happen but the thought of seeing my restaurant's surroundings zombified again is tantalising.
    Proud owner of The Garlic Tree restaurant

Executive Chef
    Please yes spooky creepy scary Halloween! All of your players are over 13, of course, so they can handle it!

Executive Chef
    Yes please. I have no good Halloween stuff. It's all just the newer babyfied stuff for 3 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    Yes please. I have no good Halloween stuff. It's all just the newer babyfied stuff for 3 year olds.
    Same here deekathleen!! I would love to see some good Halloween pieces that are not kiddy versions or gem heavy. Also a good Halloween crate would be nice.

Executive Chef
    Love all your ideas Pixie!! 😍😍
    Something I'd like to see too is something with "Day of the Dead" theme.

Executive Chef
    I think they shoild add old goals back for lower players say for 50 gems and they can have the option to have the previous years items and appliances.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Please yes spooky creepy scary Halloween! All of your players are over 13, of course, so they can handle it!
    Just wanted to update from your data post: "a majority of our players are in the 25-45-age range." So yes, we definitely can handle it! Also, hey! I'm still in the prime age range! yay!

Fashion Designer
    Love your ideas pixiegamer!
    I'd like to add to your unwelcome mat of LEAVE,
    a sign by front desk, hostess table, whatever..."You can check in, but you can never leave!"
    Somehow I am thinking of "Hotel California" here.
    A haunted hotel/ inn etc!!
    I would love those floating tables since I missed the ghost tables!
    Could build a theme on fogged floor!
    Use around a graveyard. A skit from "The Fog"!
    A misty bog with "The Creature From The Black Lagoon"!
    A ghost pirate ship w/ slimy, barnacle skeletons on board.
    Endless possibilities!

Too gruesome to perhaps be feasting on a beast?
    Haunted trees with branches that look like grasping gnarled hands
    and in a hollow hole a pair of glowing eyes!
    Old Hammer horror films! Edgar Allen Poe!
    Scary dusty (looks like walking) mummies!
    Black or withered roses! Cala Lilies.
    As silly as it seems the original "The Blob" scared me as a child.
    Could use with a lab theme.^

I could go on and on.
    It is about time we did get a scary Halloween instead of cutesy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast