Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbors Delete Them When?

Farm Supplier

Neighbors Delete Them When?

I just went through my neighbors and deleted some I should have deleted a long time ago. When do all
    of start deleting?

New Resident
    I delete them in RS if the are a star 1 or less or if i can tell they have quit the game.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    When the same rotten food sits there for more than a couple weeks, their tips stay full, there's a flood of nothing but 'full' posts on their wall, things like that will make me drop a nbr.
    *Tips auto-clear after two weeks; I always post on their wall at that point to help myself keep track of how long it's been. "Your tips just auto-cleared, so it's been two weeks now, you coming back around?"

I'll wait more or less than a couple weeks depending on how good of a nbr they were. I'll keep them indefinitely if there was meaningful history - a lot of these people I consider friends now.

The stars don't matter to me: I have several fantastic 0's and 1's that keep me stocked in parts, and I've deleted 4's who weren't gifting-compatible, some who didn't gift back at all.

If you have a low enough number of nbrs to make this idea feasible: Make a list and keep track of who's gifting, who's tipping, who has rotten food and how long it sits there, stuff like that, to help you weed out the truly inactive ones and those who just don't match your playing style.

I have deleted neighbours that ask me if I am still active when it's obvious that I am when I've got 4 starts, all food is cooking and healthy and my tables clear. I also gift everyone everyday, so I considered this person to be a bit rude really. I have to admit to deleting neighbours whose restaurants were depressingly dull and boring!

Rhino Keeper
    I only delete if it appears they're inactive. I don't care about stars,gifts or tips - but I want neighbors that I can rely on for part requests. Myself, I try to tip frequently, but have so many games going that I sometimes drop to a 0 rating. However, I am in and out of all the games multiple times a day so I fill all requests within a couple of hours usually.

Farm Supplier
    I keep a spreadsheet.

If I haven't seen any activity in 30 days (gift, tips or parts requests) and the neighbor's level hasn't changed in that same 30 days, I assume they're no longer playing, unless they're at the max level.

If they're at the max level or they have changed levels, I wait until 60 days. If I still haven't seen any activity, I'll send a parts request to just that one neighbor and wait to see if gets answered. If, after about 3 days, I don't get a reply, I delete them.

I don't really care if someone gifts or tips regularly. Everyone has different levels of interest in the game and as long as I know you're still playing, I won't delete you. I do try to visit my neighbors several times a week though, and if someone isn't playing any more, I don't want to keep them on my list and waste my time visiting them. My system probably keeps some neighbors around longer than I necessarily should, but I don't want to delete someone just because they took a little break either.

Rhino Keeper
    I have a spreadsheet also. I keep track of everything: gifts,requests, and tips(from both of us).Also, I keep track of their level and star rating (mostly to see how active they have been)
    I'm not as picky about tips, but if you don't gift and fill requests you will be deleted.
    I also have a neighbor that only gifts when i request something, but it's a guaranteed double part!

New Resident
    If they're inactive, or keep sending food or useless parts from appliances past. Violators get a very polite and friendly message (or two) to just send regular parts and no food before I delete them.

Rhino Keeper
    I just cleaned out my neighbors today after making multiple parts requests for current goals and getting very few responses! I've also been getting very few tips. I try to play 2 to 3 times per day, accept all parts requests and gift the same to the requester, tip as I go, and send giftd to all at end of day. If that isn't enough to get aresponse when I need help, then I guess I don't need them! I actually used the star system to visit the 0 and 1 star places to try and gauge wether they were still active. If I saw rotten food and full tips I listed them oon a note, watched for a few days, then deleted.

YOU GIVE TO ME, I GIVE TO YOU

Since I play three games, restaurant, bakery, farms and have lots of nbrs, I try keep things simple. Same minds think alike. Most of my nbrs are partsgifters who I only have to visit once a day max. If nbr wants food or other stuff, I send what they want, but only if they post their giftwish on my wall. I don't have time to keep track of everbody's wishes. If people can't visit for some reason, that's ok. We all have lives, lol. I practice revisit: It means usually only visit those who have posted on my wall or pple I have grown a relationship with.

I weed out nbrs who either ignores giftwishes, are gone for several weeks or are just plain rude or creepy.

I'm very lucky to have fantastic nbrs who I can rely on to give what I need. It's certainly a thing that you have to work for. Since I now started a second account, it's noticeable how hard it is to get a good set of nbrs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast