For a while now, we've been seeing a trend in Restaurant Story where the individual servings of food are pretty and detailed, but look less-than-stellar in their counter presentations. With few exceptions, counter presentations have usually fallen into the following categories:

• Food is presented in cooking pots or pans. This is particularly frustrating for players who like to design their restaurants - it looks clunky and inelegant, and nowhere near the kind of presentation you would find in an actual restaurant or dining room. This is Restaurant Story, not Kitchen Prep Story!!

• Food is presented as 3 tiny plates on a rectangular tray, which doesn't even fit properly on a countertop. (They usually overhang by a few pixels, so when foods of this design are served on adjacent countertops in-game, they're invariably cut off by the adjacent countertop). This leads to a conundrum where the food customers receive on their tables is larger than what's on the counters.

Players have been rallying against the above almost since this trend began. However, this didn't use to be a problem before for much of Restaurant Story's history ("classic" dishes usually have the standard blue bowl or plate serving dish on the countertop). And, as much as an improvement as a return to the classic blue dishes would be, I would love to see Restaurant Story's art team take it further and introduce creative new servingware (that actually fits on the counters!) that visually complements the recipes.

Below, I've compiled suggestions for countertop servingware according to seasons and holidays. I really hope the team will consider using them as inspiration for future dishes - no more pots and pans or tiny plates please!! 🙏

(And, as a tangent to the above, I also hope the team will consider adding new drink recipes to the game. Our customers are thirsty! )

Valentine's Day

Spring

Summer

Autumn

Halloween

Winter (Holidays)

Winter (Season)

General