Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inactive Neighbors

Fashion Designer

Inactive Neighbors

I spend a lot of time in BS and RS visiting, gifting and tipping all my nbrs daily, so I try to stay around 40 nbrs in each game to keep it manageable. I am finding that I have to weed out inactive nbrs more often in bakery than in restaurant. I wait til almost half my nbrs are inactive before I do anything because I don't like this part of the game, but it's like every 2 months I'm deleting 10-15 nbrs. That seems like a huge amount. I was wondering what other ppl do to manage the nbr thing. Am I just unlucky or are other ppl seeing tons of their nbrs quitting? In restaurant, my nbrs are pretty stable - ppl take vacations or breaks, but nothing like I see in bakery. Last time I just added ppl from the add me thread, but that hasn't been better than just pulling IDs from walls. Any suggestions?

Rhino Keeper
    I think u should add the 60,70 lvl neighbours rather than 99 lvl neighbours as they may quit....but still I have a huge bunch of 99 level players who have not quit....even I have to delete sometimes but just 1 or 2

New Resident
    I'm only in levels 30's on both & have close to 200 nbrs on each and am also having this problem. However, I'm unsure who is really inactive or just taking a break. Wish TL would find a way to show how long since they last played. Would help a lot when choosing who to keep & who to delete.

Executive Chef
    I look at the wall if the last record is a month old they've probably quit.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by nky1111 View Post
    I look at the wall if the last record is a month old they've probably quit.
    Well since I delete my wall daily then that would mean I quit awhile ago yet am a daily player so I have to consider that others may delete theirs also and if not then possibly they only have a few nbrs & those nbrs May be like me & not post on others walls, you do have a good idea tho

Fashion Designer
    I have nbrs all levels, doesn't seem to matter, ppl quit at all levels. No way to search for a certain level, but just to keep checking community though - is that how you search for specific level players then you read walls for IDs? I guess you could ask in add me thread for specific level nbrs. Seems like a lot of work though and I'm already picky cuz I only keep nbrs who gift and want parts.

Fashion Designer
    I delete my wall every few days the recent notes but I have older notes on my wall that I keep. If someone has tips on all the tables and all the notes for the last two weeks talk about their tips being full, they're probably inactive. Since I'm in their places daily, it's easy to tell about some.

I was more curious how ppl manage nbrs - if other ppl wait til pretty much you have to or if ppl have a way of keeping up to date more often.

One of my nbrs put a note on everyone's wall that she was going to weed out nbrs and pls let her know if you were playing. She skipped players she knew were active that she got gifts from, posted on all the ones she was unsure of and that worked for her, she got rid of a lot. But I have a lot fewer and I find most ppl don't write back even if they are playing, so I didn't want to end up deleting ppl who do play.

Farm Supplier
    I know I take a break from playing now and then and when I come back I am relieved no one has deleted me. Though, what I do with inactives before I delete them is I try to remember back when they were active, and ask myself. Did they gift/tip alot? Were they receptive to item requests? If the answer is yes then I don't delete them, because they always come back, especially if a big holiday update is coming, i.e. Christmas, Valentines, Easter etc. IF I noticed they never (or hardly ever) tipped, gifted, answer requests then I delete them.

How I manage my neighbor list. Every once a month or once in every 2 months. I'll visit all my neighbors to check whether if they are still playing or not. If they are still actively cooking or have the most recently updates item or appliance, then they are safe on my neighbor list. I only remove a neighbor when there's rotten food on their appliance or when their bakery looks like a dead zone. The obvious dead zone = rotten food on appliance for days or weeks/ not cooking anything on appliances for days or even weeks without any reason on their wall/ no food on counters. These are some which I'll remove straightaway. So you just have to monitor them slowly if you're unsure whether are they still active or not. In case, you accidentally remove a active neighbor. Though I've to applause you for tipping every neighbors daily. I just find it too tedious and time consuming, so I stopped tipping.

A small advise would be try not to add/accept player below level 20. As based from what I noticed, they won't play actively for long. =x Although the choice is up to you.

A lot of my neighbors seem to either not post when they tip or only tip after I do. I still have to weed them out every few weeks but I only keep about 50 at a time so it's kinda easy to remember who I have seen tipping/posting in a while. I wish we had a list here of daily players!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast