Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many PLATES and $$ earn in your Restaurant Story (client calculator)

Rhino Keeper

How many PLATES and $$ earn in your Restaurant Story (client calculator)

Now you can calculate how many plates and $ your Restaurant can EARN diary.
    I hope this info is useful for RS players.
    I have done some math work.

THE EQUATIONS.
    dDHT = Distance from DOOR to HOST TABLE
    dHTS = Distance from HOST TABLE to each SEAT (chair with table)
    dSD = Distance from SEAT to DOOR
    (all distances are in STEPS)

avHTS = average of dHTS = SUM of each (dHTS) / SEATS
    avSD = average of dSD = SUM of each (dSD) / SEATS

time = 34.5+ (dDHT+avHST+avSD)/2

SEATS = # of valid seats
    VSeat = Min( SEATS, time/2+1)

Total Visits = 86400*(Vseat/time)
    Total Earn ($$) = Total Visits x type of Plate (+1,+2,+3,+4,+5,+8)
    =====

Now the explanation:
    dDHT = Distance from DOOR to HOST TABLE
    this is the distance in STEPS from the DOOR to the HOST TABLE, for example 10 steps.

dHTS = Distance from HOST TABLE to each SEAT (chair with table)
    this is the distance in STEPS from the HOST TABLE to one SEAT, for example 16 steps.

dSD = Distance from SEAT to DOOR
    this is the distance from the SEAT back out to the DOOR. for example 20 steps.

avHTS = average of dHTS = SUM of each (dHTS) / SEATS
    This is the Average of all the dHTS of your SEATS, if you have 3 seats, and first is 16, second 17, and third 18, the average is (16+17+18)/3 = 17.
    If you have 28 seats, you have to add all the distances, and divide them by 28. If you have more SEATS, you have to ADD all of them, and divided by the number of seats.

avSD = average of dSD = SUM of each (dSD) / SEATS
    Same example, but from the SEAT to the EXIT DOOR.
    Example 1st 20 second 21, third 22, average = 21.

time = 34.5+ (dDHT+avHST+avSD)/2
    now you calculate the AVERAGE TIME that a client is at your Restaurant.
    This is in Seconds, and just use the formula. Example time= 34.5 + (10 + 17 + 21)/2 = 34.5 + 48/2 = 34.5 + 24 = 58.5 seconds

SEATS = # of valid seats
    number of SEATS, for example = 35

VSeat = Min( SEATS, time/2+1)
    this you calculate the minimal of 2 quantities,
    1st quantity = SEATS , example = 35
    2nd quantity = time/2+1, in our example 58.5/2 +1 = 30.25
    The MIN of this 2 values is = 30.25
    so the Vseat of this example is 30.25

And finally
    Total Visits = 86400*(Vseat/time)
    in our example 86400*(30.25/58.25) = 44868 plates per DAY to your restaurant.

====
    now if you have +4 plates, you can EARN maximum around $180,000 (money) diary.

NOTE: this is very accurate, but is always an average, since RS clients arrive your STORE between 1 and 3 seconds appart, so i am calculating an average of 2 seconds.
    ====

To produce this formulas, I use the next data I collect myself.
    Each STEP is done in 0.5 seconds.
    Each Entrance thru the door is done in 0.5 seconds
    Each visit to the HOST TABLE is done in average in 4 seconds.
    Each eating of plate is done in 30 seconds.
    A maximum of 28 clients at the moment.

====
    CONCLUSION
    * How far are the SEATS form the DOOR and from the HOST TABLE, DOES affect your EARNING.
    * The best is to have the LEST STEPS, between DOOR, HOST TABLE, and SEATS.
    * Do not put SEATS too far from DOOR, even that you have more than 28, because they affect your average distance.

Grand Emperor
    This is way over my head. But great job?

Rhino Keeper
    Yeahh way over my head too sorry. I think I get the concept of the point maybe. This is helpful if someone was to be in game often/a lot.
    Though, for me, I think time I spend in the restaurant is negligible in comparison to offline food selling where layout doesn't factor much into sell rate. But I could be wrong, I'm haven't data collected in RS yet and my BS data is incomplete since I'm still testing different variables.

Rhino Keeper
    What are the adjustments to be done if a player has more than 1 door/host table?

btw, good job.

Grand Emperor
    Is there a "for dummies" version?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMiti View Post
    What are the adjustments to be done if a player has more than 1 door/host table?
    You do not have to do any adjustment because is the same, 1 door or 2 doors.
    The only change is that you can have 2 separate CLOSED AREAS, each one with each door, in that way you can put less STEPS.
    but it does not help you much, because you can reach the MAXIMUM consumption with 45 steps average, from door-Host table-seat-door.

If you use 2 HOST TABLES, the game only use 1, the nearest, so there is not change also.

Rhino Keeper
    Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/craftedbypika
    Lol pinkster73, I was just thinking that. Personally, I skipped all the middle information and went for the conclusion. xD. Though I am filing this away for future reference cause it's just epic! .

Though a question I have is: 1. Can there be more than 28 customers at a time? Is that just an arbitrary number you're using for this example? 2. Knowing this information, what can you do to try to maximize profits (if this also held true when you played offline)? For instance, when you have a bigger restaurant, you're bound to have tables farther away, which will increase the steps needed for the customers to take. Therefore is it better to have like 15-20 tables so that by the time the first is done eating and moved on, the "15th" person will have shown up to take his place so that you can keep the tables closer to the door? 3. And asked earlier, which you may not have an answer to, does this hold true when most of us play in offline mode, with the game closed?

And $180,000/day doesn't sound like a lot knowing expansions costs millions. /sad.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Is there a "for dummies" version?
    Well, just remember

* Try to design less STEPS from door-host table-seat-door
    * Maximum clients 28, so only use 28 SEATS, maybe use 30 just to be safer.
    * Enjoy Gaming RS, as I do.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by fecsuper View Post
    Well, just remember

* Maximum clients 28, so only use 28 SEATS, maybe use 30 just to be safer.
    * Enjoy Gaming RS, as I do.
    Now this I can follow!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pika4ever88 View Post
    Lol pinkster73, I was just thinking that. Personally, I skipped all the middle information and went for the conclusion. xD. Though I am filing this away for future reference cause it's just epic! .

Though a question I have is: 1. Can there be more than 28 customers at a time? Is that just an arbitrary number you're using for this example? 2. Knowing this information, what can you do to try to maximize profits (if this also held true when you played offline)? For instance, when you have a bigger restaurant, you're bound to have tables farther away, which will increase the steps needed for the customers to take. Therefore is it better to have like 15-20 tables so that by the time the first is done eating and moved on, the "15th" person will have shown up to take his place so that you can keep the tables closer to the door? 3. And asked earlier, which you may not have an answer to, does this hold true when most of us play in offline mode, with the game closed?

And $180,000/day doesn't sound like a lot knowing expansions costs millions. /sad.
    Answers to your Question.
    1) Maximum is 28 clients at the time. As is today RS.
    2) what to do:
    * Maximum clients 28, so only use 28 complete SEATS (chair-table)
    * you can use more Chairs, and more tables, but not useful seats, like chairs alone, and tables alone (for TIPS)
    Offline:
    It worked for me offline
    MORE TABLES:
    if you use more tables, all tables will be used in order, so you are only increasing the AVERAGE STEPS in your restaurant.
    3) Yes, do the experiment, put only ONE SEAT, and close your RS, when you open again, you will notice LOW EARNINGS.

4) When I was in level 20, my diary incomes were about $45,000, until I discover this formulas. now my earnings go up to $120,000.
    Now with the change of RS (all dish +4) I am going to reach $180,000 for sure, while I have plates enough.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast