Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goal: Kitchen Master - December 22nd, 2023 (5 days)

Farm Supplier
    I'd better start the stew then!
    Aka - AJ's Sad Cafe 🇬🇧
    Only accepting new neighbours who don't do challenges and want food gifts like me. I accept all requests for parts. Leave a message on my wall so I can visit you before accepting your invitation

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm8Chef19Too View Post
    An addendum:
    I logged back out to check the posted time that the part 3 info was provided by peevarus... it went back to saying 10:20 am 12/23/23 but when I logged back in, it then said that the info was posted at 5:20 pm 12/23/23!

TOO WEIRD!����

P.S.
    I logged out to check what time they say that I posted THIS MESSAGE... it said I posted at 11:09 am on 12/24/23 but my ACTUAL time posted (PST) was at 3:09 am on 12/24/23. Kinda curious why it automatically adds 8 hours to my posted time. ANYONE HAVE ANY GUESSES as to WHY that happens?

P.P.S.
    WOW! Now the logged out time reads 4:09 am (an hour after actual PST of original post) whilst the logged in time is still saying 11:09 am (8 hours after actual PST of original post).

Have I fallen down the rabbit hole? Is this forum's home base actually located in Wonderland? If so, give the white rabbit a "Merry Christmas" hug for me and let him know he's blowing my mind with all these alternate times! ��������
    Whether you're logged in or not, if you scroll down to the bottom of a page it'll show you what current time the posts are showing so you'll know right away if it matches your local time or not.

For instance, if I log out and scroll down it says "All times are GMT-7. The time now is 05:44 am" which is the current time in that specific (Mountain Time) timezone. I figure this default time is due to where the servers are physically located, not where s8, the company, is located. But as soon as I log in and scroll down, I see that the time matches my personal location which differs from the forum default.

It can be confusing if you don't realize you've logged out - it's a mistake I've made several times over the years and I always get so confused, lol.

As a note, you can change what time the posts are displayed in. After you log in, go to Settings (top right of any page) > My Settings (3rd panel on left) > General Settings (7th on list) then scroll down the page til you find a box on the main page that says "Date & Time Options". There's 3 options where you can change the timezone all forum posts are displayed in, whether to use Daylight Savings and what day of the week you consider the 'start.' Also, I'm pretty sure you have to be in "Full Site Mode" not "Mobile View" to see the time details at the bottom of the page.

Kitchen master part 4

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyStop View Post
    It's there Part 4??
    5 Miso soups. (Stove)
    5 Seafood paellas (Stove)
    25 Clam Chowders (Stove)
    15 Reindeer Sliders (Holiday Stove)

Part 4

5Miso soups. (Stove)
    5 Seafood paellas (Stove)
    25 Clam Chowders (Stove)
    15 Reindeer Sliders (Holiday Stove

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Whether you're logged in or not, if you scroll down to the bottom of a page it'll show you what current time the posts are showing so you'll know right away if it matches your local time or not.

For instance, if I log out and scroll down it says "All times are GMT-7. The time now is 05:44 am" which is the current time in that specific (Mountain Time) timezone. I figure this default time is due to where the servers are physically located, not where s8, the company, is located. But as soon as I log in and scroll down, I see that the time matches my personal location which differs from the forum default.

It can be confusing if you don't realize you've logged out - it's a mistake I've made several times over the years and I always get so confused, lol.

As a note, you can change what time the posts are displayed in. After you log in, go to Settings (top right of any page) > My Settings (3rd panel on left) > General Settings (7th on list) then scroll down the page til you find a box on the main page that says "Date & Time Options". There's 3 options where you can change the timezone all forum posts are displayed in, whether to use Daylight Savings and what day of the week you consider the 'start.' Also, I'm pretty sure you have to be in "Full Site Mode" not "Mobile View" to see the time details at the bottom of the page.
    Thanks AnnirasSweets! I followed your directions and changed the time to PST...although when logged out it still changes my logged in posts to read as though I made them an hour later than I ACTUALLY made them, at least now there's not an 8 hour difference WHILE I'm making them. (The other way was SO confusing!)

You wouldn't happen to know how I can get my emojis to show up in my posts? Right now, they only register as a white question mark inside of a black diamond. Also, I'm clueless as to how to include pics from the game as I see others are able to do. Any info on how to successfully do that? Thanx much for your help and also for all you do for the forum in general! 🎉👏💖👏🎉
    ✨️💖🎄💖✨️Merry Christmas!✨️💖🎄💖✨️

Hmmm.... switched to full site and found this interesting box that resembles a computer program. But it's been so long since I've been on an ACTUAL computer (that wasn't a smartphone) that I'm not entirely sure what the symbols are nor how to use it (not that I'm all that great at using my smartphone). Gonna play with it a little, see what happens, and pray I don't accidentally turn my phone into a rock!������

This is a test, THIS IS ONLY A TEST (being "performed" by a city "hillbilly"-- so don't expect anything fancy)!

Can I successfully load a picture?

Ok. Here goes nothin'? ��

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm8Chef19Too View Post
    Thanks AnnirasSweets! I followed your directions and changed the time to PST...although when logged out it still changes my logged in posts to read as though I made them an hour later than I ACTUALLY made them, at least now there's not an 8 hour difference WHILE I'm making them. (The other way was SO confusing!)

You wouldn't happen to know how I can get my emojis to show up in my posts? Right now, they only register as a white question mark inside of a black diamond. Also, I'm clueless as to how to include pics from the game as I see others are able to do. Any info on how to successfully do that? Thanx much for your help and also for all you do for the forum in general! ����������
    ✨️������✨️Merry Christmas!✨️������✨️
    I think the thing with emojis is that the they're a different format than forum. The forum uses BB Code while emojis are Unicode and while the forum can display them (I can see yours just fine) it can be a bit finicky. For instance, if I'm on my phone and insert emojis they show without issue but if I later edit the post, the emojis revert to the replacement symbol as though the forum can no longer understand the input even if I only add/remove text and don't touch the emojis. If I want to edit a text but keep the emojis I have to delete them and put them right back in every time I edit the post! Also, using the Windows emojis rarely ever works from my home PC but my iDevices never have an issue and when you quote someone who's used emojis they mostly will show the replacement symbol as well. It's really touch and go but it's a widespread thing that happens with all BB Code forums from what I've seen.

The best tutorial I've seen for adding images to the forum is the one that Mod SpiritWind has over in the Castle Story forums HERE.

Happy holidays, hope this helps

Nope, no picture... I'll try again... failed again... then got lost in a box... attempted to use advanced...NOT a good idea (for ME). Oh well! At least I successfully used the quote box from the forum for the 1st time! Yay! (Had to retype though cuz had to use back button to escape "THE BOX"

How do I log out from here? I'm trapped in this new fangled box and can't find LOG OUT, FULL SITE, OR ANYTHING! HELP!!!!

I don't think I'll be trying THAT again anytime soon... I thought I'd NEVER get out of there!

THANX AGAIN AnnirasSweets! I read your info about the emojis and see what you mean... the very emojis that were replaced are NOW showing (but it seems to come and go). Will have to try out the "include picture" advice you gave another time... I'm a little too shook up right now (after my ordeal of getting stuck in the box).
    Last edited by Storm8Chef19Too; 12-24-23 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Got stuck, had to back button my way to a page with LOG OUT! NO FUN!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast