Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/21: Permafrost | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    … I predict we will need to battle 5 thousand foxes to complete this event. LOL! Sure seems like it!
    We’ll need to battle 124 to get Frigilda!
    And then another 55 for the Arctic Direfox.
    So 179 in total.

Also Shibya in your math we’ll need 124 Frozen Flowers all up:
    120 for the 30 Frostbite Balm with 4 more to craft Frigilda.

New Resident
    Does anyone know how I can summon the crystal witch? When I try it takes me to the crafting page but nothing appears.

Farm Supplier
    Looked at the math. So total crafting time is 350 hours. That is 27 h a day if we have 13 days to finnish. Can this be? So this event is not finishable without the elven boost and even with it it takes logging in the game all day long and through the night. If the math is correct, this will be the first event that I won't finnish.
    Edit. I panicked for nothing. Since we have 2 workshops 27 h a day is doable. Sorry!
    Last edited by Ginnyfe; 12-23-23 at 03:15 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Can anyone tell how we get the Frost Spider? I could really use a mithril dropper.

Farm Supplier
    For goal 7, I have slightly different requirements than it shows on page 1. I will need-
    4 each globes and water, 3 balms, and 2 fireplace things to complete the goal. (Sorry I don’t remember exact names)
    Page one currently lists 3, 3, 1, 2 for goal 7.

Each fireplace thing needs 4 globes and 4 water and 3 balms.
    The balms also need globes and water.
    At the drop rate of 3 snowflakes per 9 snowmen every 2 hours, this is going to take some time.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    The goals pretty much always ask for less so that both low and high level players can clear the goal. The crafts are level dependent. Hope that helps.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyRose View Post
    Does anyone know how I can summon the crystal witch? When I try it takes me to the crafting page but nothing appears.
    She is part of the Madame Makeda deal and not part of this storyline. You need to have the Summoner's Portal to get her.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Fashion Designer
    I know that everyone has a different budget and that a lot of players are proud to never "pay to play." However, for those who have an extra $5 lying around, I suggest investing in the value pack that is offered at the beginning of every event. For those who are concerned about being able to get 50 snowflakes, the value pack offers 50 snowflakes, which really speeds things up. You also get 50 Heated Coals, so that saves a lot of rock mining, 150 Ice Shards, which saves a lot of Glacial Chunk chopping, 10 traps for the fox, and 15 minutes of energy to work on the chopping you still have to do. Plus, for some reason, this particular value pack offers 3 Enchanted Lanterns.
    I gladly trade $5 for less stress.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Fashion Designer
    I love how they said that this is a "new event type," but it feels very much like some others I've seen lol.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    I know that everyone has a different budget and that a lot of players are proud to never "pay to play." However, for those who have an extra $5 lying around, I suggest investing in the value pack that is offered at the beginning of every event. For those who are concerned about being able to get 50 snowflakes, the value pack offers 50 snowflakes, which really speeds things up. You also get 50 Heated Coals, so that saves a lot of rock mining, 150 Ice Shards, which saves a lot of Glacial Chunk chopping, 10 traps for the fox, and 15 minutes of energy to work on the chopping you still have to do. Plus, for some reason, this particular value pack offers 3 Enchanted Lanterns.
    I gladly trade $5 for less stress.
    Agreed!

When possible, this is the strategy I prefer to use. Over the years I've found that making event purchases earlier gives a greater boost at less of a cost and is always a big help since time is typically tight. It's frustrating that despite having built up my energy to insane levels and most resources mostly super-maxed it's always a struggle to finish. And it's always because I can't live on my phone. How naive was I back in the day when I thought things would be easier if I just built up my queendom enough? lol

Paying a small amount at the start to alleviate my aggravation of time shortage is worth it for me. Though I do wish events were more compatible with actual daily life...

Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    I love how they said that this is a "new event type," but it feels very much like some others I've seen lol.
    I was scratching my head over this one as well. We've seen events use the Trade Wagon before and nothing else is standing out as shocking or abnormal for an event. Maybe this just means we've played too long and participated in too many events? But I will say I was very worried when I saw that note on the preview pop up. Over the last year any changes made to events in other s8 games has just made them even more time intensive so I was prepared to have to bow out of this one. I'm pleasantly surprised on that front!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast