Thread: Game will not load

Game will not load

A neighbour from Bakery Story posted that they had sent me a Friend Request for Fashion Story. I had not played for a while. I tried to log in to Fashion Story and have tried off and on for days. I deleted the game and reinstalled which has worked on Storm8 games previously. (It was listed in my Purchased games.) I checked and it is in the list of games connected to my Game Centre. Not a big deal anyway. Occasionally RS loads in a new game and it is easy to connect to game centre and load in my game. I checked several other Storm8 games I had not played for a while (including some I needed to reinstall) and was able to log in with them. It seems that the issue is only with Fashion Story. I did contact Storm8 via the link to the Support form given in these forums. They suggested I contact this forum and sent me a link.

Any suggestions? I have been playing these games for years and was a forum member since 2012, I think.

Nightclub Owner
    Honestly, it sounds like you've done what you could from your end and the issue you're experiencing is on the s8 side of things.

Mod CS has a great troubleshooting FAQ for connection issues HERE (in post 2 & 3); granted, it's a CS thread but the internet connection and device tips should remain constant across all s8 games.

If you're interested in more information about the connectivity issue across s8 games in general, feel free to click the spoiler tag below. I've included a little rundown of what's been reported in the forum and links to relevant threads. If not, feel free to ignore.

Spoiler: show

This inability to login to a game or connect to s8 servers appears to be an issue that's been cropping up more and more frequently across various s8 games. In particular, it seems to be most common in older/more established accounts that have a lot of in-game items and on days when they release new content. General player consensus is that the company servers need overhauled/upgraded but the team has not shared their findings specifically so I take that as speculation.

In the past few years there has been an increasing number of posts across most of their games about this very issue that I've read on the forums. For most that experience this inability to login the issue seems to mostly resolve itself and after players can access their accounts as usual.

Essentially, players just keep trying to login until they can, there's nothing in specific that anyone has found to speed up this process or guarantee a connection. (As a note, some players have shared that they are only able to login to their account on certain devices so Player A can only get into their game on a Samsung while Player B can only get in on an old iPhone and then there's Player X over there who can't get in no matter what.)

That said, there are a few cases that stand out to me as significant. The first ongoing, widespread issue with logging in I recall was in Castle Story in 2022 that lasted for several months but since the team updated the app that August, it seems more stable for most players.

More recently, the most consistent and frequent posts on the issue come from FS2 and DS. The FS2 thread appears to indicate it's a recurring issue that some players suffer through when new events are released. Unlike the CS issue, FS2 seems to have a frequent but intermittent connecting issue. Players can go days or weeks without issue but then they'll run into a day or two where they have to reload the game for hours before they can gain entry. It seems to happen most frequently when a new event is released in that game and it seems to resolve itself within a few hours or a day for most players.

At the other end of the spectrum is DS - the thread over there shows it's been an ongoing issue for TWO YEARS. Unlike in FS2 the DS issue is constant and it seems to be affecting a larger portion of players (like it was in CS) but sadly, there's no resolution yet. It also seems that in DS the larger/older your island is the more likely it is that you'll encounter the bug. Several players have shared that they can access their lower level islands without issue but their higher level games won't load for them.

The first post of the DS thread I linked above contains some responses from the team that basically say they're aware of the issue and working on it but it's slow going. I think the last official response I've seen on the issue was here a few weeks back. Of course, the response was given for a DS question but the way I've understood the official posts I've read over the last year is that they're working on the system in general but that's just my understanding.

This is certainly the longest running bug I've seen in my history on the forum but I do think the team will eventually get it sorted. CS was down for nearly a year for some before it was fixed and while I know that each game is different, I still feel like it's a point in favor of the team finding a fix for all the games.

Sorry for the information overload but I do hope this will give you, or any player, suffering from connectivity issues some relief at knowing it's not on your end and the team is working on it. I know that I always prefer to have more info to issues like this rather than just guessing at what I'm doing wrong, lol.

Fingers crossed you get access to your game sooner rather than later

Thank you. This does explain a lot. I actually stopped playing most of the Storm8 games, partly due to family/ close friend needs but also frustration with game issues and unrealistic games. I had some other games I transitioned to but they now require a higher iOS.

A few years ago when I stopped playing, it was when my old device was getting old and I switched to a newer device. I was able to move everything over. Fashion Story was having issues. I could play it on my old device but not my newer one. Not a big deal as Indidn't miss playing it. I just checked as someone said they had invited me. Their favourite game is Farm Story 2. I logged in there without issue but have forgotten a lot. I last played in 2018.

I much prefer story or adventure games where there is a storyline along with tasks and challenges. Not a fan of games requiring teamwork. The neighbour games are fine as long as you do not need to rely on the neighbours to succeed.