Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rollbacks during storybook and events

Fashion Designer

Rollbacks during storybook and events

I've been in my game for only a few minutes and have had repeated rollbacks. I am currently collecting from ponds for the 4th time because it keeps rolling back. What is up with this?
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    I've been in my game for only a few minutes and have had repeated rollbacks. I am currently collecting from ponds for the 4th time because it keeps rolling back. What is up with this?
    Storybook events are hard on the devices used to play the game. Rollback (back to the f.. Past), minutes long horse races (Ben-Hur I missed you), not connection pop-ups (unplugged), etc. Well very entertaining side effects.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    Storybook events are hard on the devices used to play the game. Rollback (back to the f.. Past), minutes long horse races (Ben-Hur I missed you), not connection pop-ups (unplugged), etc. Well very entertaining side effects.
    Lol! Well, I'm getting a new phone soon, so I'll see if that helps.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Lol! Well, I'm getting a new phone soon, so I'll see if that helps.
    No, it won't. The rollbacks have nothing to do with your device, I'm on the latest iPad Pro, and the game still rolled back on me three times, once at Thomas' and twice at the flowers. It's a good thing I'd been burned before (collecting from 15 bushes of flowers after a rollback), so I knew to keep checking the goals before carrying out the tasks.

Regardless, I'm going to enjoy doing this event. I think it's great to add some South Asian elements into my queendom, and besides, the Diwali celebrations are on now
    Last edited by deadpixel; 11-09-23 at 09:31 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    No, it won't. The rollbacks have nothing to do with your device, I'm on the latest iPad Pro, and the game still rolled back on me three times, once at Thomas' and twice at the flowers. It's a good thing I'd been burned before (collecting from 15 bushes of flowers after a rollback), so I knew to keep checking the goals before carrying out the tasks.

Regardless, I'm going to enjoy doing this event. I think it's great to add some South Asian elements into my queendom, and besides, the Diwali celebrations are on now
    The device is a major factor, but not the only one. I have various devices, the iPad Pro II large screen is not the newest device I use, but it is the smoothest play experience with the least rollback & Co. Storybook event are always hitting hard on my devices, I don't know why.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    The device is a major factor, but not the only one. I have various devices, the iPad Pro II large screen is not the newest device I use, but it is the smoothest play experience with the least rollback & Co. Storybook event are always hitting hard on my devices, I don't know why.
    Same! I always have tons of issues with the Storybooks as well especially in the first two days. Through years of trial and error I've found I get less issues after the first two days of the event so I've just resigned myself to holding off until the event auto starts.

I have noticed a change in the rollbacks as rollback of a rollback. Not putting enough time and brain to be sure so laying it out here for ya expertise.
    First rollback is what all of us have been experiencing, we lose the local changes but then a second or 2 later there would be another rollback to revert the override and put back the local data.
    I?m going to journal it down to get us more evidence but give the game a few seconds to see if it would correct itself.

If there is a dedicated thread to provide such information please let me know.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecast1935 View Post
    I have noticed a change in the rollbacks as rollback of a rollback. Not putting enough time and brain to be sure so laying it out here for ya expertise.
    First rollback is what all of us have been experiencing, we lose the local changes but then a second or 2 later there would be another rollback to revert the override and put back the local data.
    I?m going to journal it down to get us more evidence but give the game a few seconds to see if it would correct itself.

If there is a dedicated thread to provide such information please let me know.
    I have seen this before but it seems it's usually after the Wednesday Energy thing or purchasing an energy package where the energy period ends and instead of having 40 energy (like I should) I'll only have something like 12 and a few seconds later it will add some of the energy I should have gotten in the first place. It's only happened maybe twice.

Farm Supplier
    I have this every Day, multiple times ! So many resets !

Rhino Keeper
    Rollbacks occur mainly when the load on the server is very high (many players active at the same time). They can also occur if the connection between the local device (your tablet or smartphone or computer) and server is unexpectedly interrupted while playing (e.g. weak network connection).

They are not caused by the device, they occur server-side. Their job is to maintain a consistent state in the database if something unexpectedly happened and the database update could not complete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast