Thread: How do you build your kingdom?

Farm Supplier

How do you build your kingdom?

Everyone is of course free to build their kingdom as they wish. But it is much more pleasant to visit a kingdom where an effort has been made to create a beautiful whole. Whether it is a natural structure or in sections. Some just fill it up. The beauty of the design of the figures is then no longer visible. Moreover, it is very pleasant to design your kingdom. What do you think about this?

Nightclub Owner
    For years, I used walls/paths to divide everything into sections and each section was designed so the items were placed in a mirrored layout. So for example when you looked at my crafting building section, the workshops were on the outside edges, then the potion shops then the forges and so on. The areas were sectioned by use, not by timers or looks so all the Faerie stuff was in one section, all the Mermaid stuff in one place and so on.

I like knowing exactly where everything is and I find symmetrical set ups the most visually pleasing in my realm. I would also change out my paths/walls seasonally and leave empty rows between areas so it was easier to see things. But now? Now, my realm is mostly empty and looks like there is no thought or efforts put in at all, lol.

My game was starting to lag badly despite my device having space and no walkers being out in my realm. It made me a bit paranoid so I decided it was time to start packing away the 'useless' items on my board. Unfortunately no item is truly useless so it's a test of my willpower having to choose what pretties to pack away and which can stay put!

The aim is to only keep 'essential' items displayed; I'm defining essential as items with drops that are relevant to the few long term goals in my book and the usual suspects like energy/gem/permit droppers. Then, my plan is to pull out items as needed for events but to pack them away after the event, leaving only a fraction of my items out permanently. It should give me a lot of empty space which I'll be able to use for seasonal decorating. That way I can still look at all my pretties throughout the year while also having a game that's not slower than molasses!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by vlindertje58 View Post
    Everyone is of course free to build their kingdom as they wish. But it is much more pleasant to visit a kingdom where an effort has been made to create a beautiful whole. Whether it is a natural structure or in sections. Some just fill it up. The beauty of the design of the figures is then no longer visible. Moreover, it is very pleasant to design your kingdom. What do you think about this?
    I agree that is nice, but it comes down to a lack of room for me. I don't have space to put up a bunch of borders and walls and such. I guess just don't ever visit any of my kingdoms if it is an assualt to your eyes.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Farm Supplier
    I certainly don't want to criticize anyone about the way he builds his realm.
    As I already wrote, everyone is free to do so.
    But there are so many more aspects than coins or energy, that you can also get a lot of satisfaction from.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    When the island of Audra was introduced I thought maybe I'd use that as a decoration area to unleash some creativity. The reality is land is a premium resource and even though I'm fully expanded those plans were put on hold. I redid my kingdom when madam makeda was released so I could focus on that, so the kingdom is full of enormous buildings that normally would only came out to get enough RP on the board to expand and then head in back to the abyss of storage. I've found over the years I tend to have a small burst of creativity for Christmas time only now as I have some lovely items including a coveted Grand tree I could never bring myself to chop.

My layout is now more of a reflection of my need for lots of green space. It's segregated and ordered and works for me. I also wish we could hide the watering can or any floating collection indicator. I really like seeing other layouts (in forced community visits) and I appreciate how much effort goes in to colour coding boards and creating themes etc. There are some unbelievably beautiful kingdoms. Seeing other people love this game as much as I do makes me smile.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks for your answer, SpiritWind. I surely love the game too.