Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GOAL: Comfortable Beginnings - 2023 Jul. 11 (14 Days)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    This isn't a glitch or anything, it's how it's meant to work. If you'd like to master the SG recipes, you'll want to stagger how you cook & serve them so you don't unintentionally finish the SG and send them back to their original locations.
    Sorry if this is off topic, but how is mastering the SG recipes achievable? I'd like to know because this would be a great way to get additional gems.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by peas2001 View Post
    Sorry if this is off topic, but how is mastering the SG recipes achievable? I'd like to know because this would be a great way to get additional gems.
    Great question! And now that you've asked it, I realize this is probably a question that many newer players have. Forgive me, but I've used this as a chance to make a how-to post that I can add to the info threads for goals and refer others to as needed in future.

To make it easier to read/view, I've broken up the info into sections marked with bold red headers.

General info:

I don't want to discourage anyone but I feel it's important to be honest: If you're a newer player and haven't purchased any additional appliance slots (beyond the 18 slots we get for free) this will be a difficult thing to accomplish. If you're trying to finish the 14 day goal and master the SG Recipes it will be super difficult - if you're trying to complete the 14 day goal, both 5 day goals released during that time and master the SG Recipes it'll be nearly impossible.

Keep in mind that if it seems you won't be able to fully master an SG Recipe, mastering to level 2 (23 servings of each recipe) should be much easier. In most cases, just completing the SG tasks will get you to the level 2 mastery without any extra efforts on your part.

Back to mastering the SG recipes; the first thing will be doing the math. You'll have to sit down and work out the math to figure out how to balance the time requirements of regular goal recipes, the 5 day goal recipes and the SG recipes within the given time frame(s). This is something each player will have to figure out for themselves because there are various factors involved including how many appliances they have, what goals they're doing, how often they can log in, etc.

After working out the math involved, the actual mechanics of how to master the recipes is pretty straightforward in most cases...

How To:

If you're NOT interested in the SG prize and only want to master ONE SG Recipe: You're very unlikely to accidentally finish the goals in this situation so you can just cook and serve all 83 servings of whichever SG Recipe you want to master before the goal timer runs out.

If you're NOT interested in the SG prize and want to master BOTH SG Recipes: You'll need to make sure you don't unintentionally finish the SG tasks so it's easiest to focus on one recipe at a time to avoid this. In this case you would cook and serve all 83 servings of SG Recipe A before switching to SG Recipe B and doing the same.

If you want the SG Prize and to master ONE of the SG recipes: Complete the first two SG goals as stated but when you get to the third goal: complete the goal as stated but serve one less of the recipe you're not interested in mastering before mastering the recipe you are interested in. After you've mastered the recipe, serve the final recipe needed to complete the SG.

Example = Win SG prize and master Brownie Dough (using current SG info):
    1 - Serve 12 each of Brownie Dough and Peanut Butter Cookies to complete Part 1 of the SG
    2 - Serve 13 each of Brownie Dough and Peanut Butter Cookies to complete Part 2 of the SG
    3 - Serve 13 Peanut Butter Cookies (you are now 1 recipe short of finishing the Part 3 requirements)
    4 - Serve 58 Brownie Doughs to master the recipe (this will have also finished the Part 3 requirements)
    5 - Serve 1 Peanut Butter Cookies to finish the SG and win the prize

If you want the SG Prize and to master BOTH of the SG recipes: This is the tricky one since you're trying to avoid finishing the goals early and sending the recipes to their original locations. You'll need to do the math to work out how to best stagger the servings so you're not wasting time serving extra recipes and to avoid completing the SG entirely. The math will likely be different for each goal as the goal requirements change but the general process will remain the same.

I'll use the current SG as an example, we'll just pretend the PB Cookies will leave at the end of the goal. Since mastering takes 83 servings to reach, you can work out how many you'll have to serve outside of the goal requirements to master. Then, you can work out the order you're going to serve them in to complete the goal and master the recipes.

Example = Win SG prize and master Brownie Dough and PB Cookies (using current SG info):
    1 - Serve 56 of the Brownie Doughs (12 of which will be counted toward the first SG task)
    2 - Serve 12 Peanut Butter Cookies which will complete Part 1 of the SG
    3 - Serve 13 of each recipe which will complete Part 2 of the SG
    4 - Serve 13 Brownie Doughs (you're now 1 short of both mastering this recipe and finishing the task in Part 3)
    5 - Serve 58 of the PB Cookies (14 will finish the SG task) until you've mastered it
    6 - Serve 1 Brownie Dough to complete mastery of the recipe and win the SG prize

Notes:
    * The methods listed are for the current SG set up wherein the recipes used are moved from other appliances to the Basic Oven for the SG and returned to their home after.
    * The SG set up has changed in the past so it may change in the future as well. If that happens, I'll edit this post to reflect those changes.
    * Using Specialty Basic Ovens such as the Sonic, Mighty or Magic versions (which reduce cooking times) is a HUGE help in mastering recipes/finishing SG tasks quicker

I hope I explained that well enough, if I didn't please feel free to post any follow up questions or ask for clarification on any points I may have bungled, lol.

There are likely lots of variations out there, so if anyone wants to share a different way to juggle the SG recipes, please do! If there's any tips or hints you have to make the task of mastering SG Recipes easier then please, share those too!

I'm an old head when it comes to BS so mastering recipes isn't something I've had to focus on for a long time now so there may be things I've forgotten or overlooked

Farm Supplier
    >>>I'm an old head when it comes to BS so mastering recipes isn't something I've had to focus on for a long time now so there may be things I've forgotten or overlooked <<<<

Annira I've been playing, off and on, for 11 years and I never once looked into mastering recipes. It *just so* happens I posted, literally 5 minutes ago, asking a general question about mastering recipes. I wonder if there's additional benefits AFTER a recipe is mastered, though I"m guessing there is not.

Anyway weird synchronicity. Because now I'm trying to figure out the question/answer posted here. So what does SG stand for? Super goal? lol. And why do people try to master that recipe WITHIN the goal? Why not just wait till after goal and continue building it? Or did you semi-answer that question when you stated:

<<"This is the tricky one since you're trying to avoid finishing the goals early and sending the recipes to their original locations" <<

Because... why? Does sending the recipe back to the orig location start the process over? Or are you able to earn twice the rewards if you master the recipe in BOTH appliances?

Hope these questions are clear because, as I said, I have never looked into mastering recipes, and I may not even know what kinds of questions to ask that are pertinent. But since many of my recipes are already mastered over the years of play maybe I'll look into mastering the rest. Even if there are no additional benefits, once mastered, I guess it's nice to know there are still *challenges* to the game that are new to me.

MY question posted a few minutes back:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...-recipes/page2

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ree2 View Post
    >>>I'm an old head when it comes to BS so mastering recipes isn't something I've had to focus on for a long time now so there may be things I've forgotten or overlooked <<<<

Annira I've been playing, off and on, for 11 years and I never once looked into mastering recipes. It *just so* happens I posted, literally 5 minutes ago, asking a general question about mastering recipes. I wonder if there's additional benefits AFTER a recipe is mastered, though I"m guessing there is not.

Anyway weird synchronicity. Because now I'm trying to figure out the question/answer posted here. So what does SG stand for? Super goal? lol. And why do people try to master that recipe WITHIN the goal? Why not just wait till after goal and continue building it? Or did you semi-answer that question when you stated:

<<"This is the tricky one since you're trying to avoid finishing the goals early and sending the recipes to their original locations" <<

Because... why? Does sending the recipe back to the orig location start the process over? Or are you able to earn twice the rewards if you master the recipe in BOTH appliances?

Hope these questions are clear because, as I said, I have never looked into mastering recipes, and I may not even know what kinds of questions to ask that are pertinent. But since many of my recipes are already mastered over the years of play maybe I'll look into mastering the rest. Even if there are no additional benefits, once mastered, I guess it's nice to know there are still *challenges* to the game that are new to me.

MY question posted a few minutes back:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...-recipes/page2
    SG = Side Goal (the smaller, three part goal that pops up after you finish the first step of the main 14 day goal).

You can only master a recipe once. A slight exception being if you purchase an Echo appliance and master that version of a recipe you've previously mastered on the original version of the appliance. However, Echo appliances and their recipes are all separate and unique items in comparison to their original counterparts so I don't count that as mastering twice but figured I should mention it just in case.

Newer players do not have access to most of the goal recipes/appliances that have been released over the years. So, when one of those locked-by-past-goal recipes are used in SGs and the player finally has access to them, some are likely to try and master them while they have the opportunity. Once the SG is over, the recipes return to their original locations where the newer players can no longer access them.

I saw your question in the other thread and answered it there before stopping by this thread, lol. Looks like you and I were ships in the night on the forum today!

Host(ess)
    Question 🙋🏽*♀️ can we sell off the wallpaper we buy ? And if so how ?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity View Post
    Question ����*♀️ can we sell off the wallpaper we buy ? And if so how ?
    No, we are unable to sell Wallpaper or Floor Tiles at this point in time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234