Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most profitable recipes?

Most profitable recipes?

So if you play restaurant story..you probably know that the biscuits & gravy recipe is the best for the quick 3 hr cook time and almost $5000 profit.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the best recipes to make money the fastest. And not the 22 hour kind..

Oh and I'm on level 74 or 75.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jskelllz39 View Post
    So if you play restaurant story..you probably know that the biscuits & gravy recipe is the best for the quick 3 hr cook time and almost $5000 profit.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the best recipes to make money the fastest. And not the 22 hour kind..

If you look in my signature below, you'll find a link to the Recipe Guide. There, you'll find a complete listing of every recipe in the game, images/details for them and which appliance houses them. That way you can see which recipes you have access to and which will net you the most coins per serving. Good luck!

Candy corn muffins. Net profit is the highest I have found. Revenue is 10,600, cost is 2,440. Net profit is 5,720. 16 hours to bake.

Farm Supplier

Well key lime pie is good for profit because you get 9100 coins for a six hour recipe. Put that into comparison with sugar cookie, where you get 10000-11000 coins for a recipe that takes 22 hours
    Dangerously Cute with some kindness. Be happy don't worry 💓❤️

Quote Originally Posted by 763862 View Post
    Well key lime pie is good for profit because you get 9100 coins for a six hour recipe. Put that into comparison with sugar cookie, where you get 10000-11000 coins for a recipe that takes 22 hours
    Key lime pie doesn't profit. Revenue is 9,100 , cost is 5,220. Loss of 1,340 coins per serving.
    High revenue doesn't mean high net profit. You need to calculate the profit over the cost to know if you're making coins.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyTania View Post
    Key lime pie doesn't profit. Revenue is 9,100 , cost is 5,220. Loss of 1,340 coins per serving.
    High revenue doesn't mean high net profit. You need to calculate the profit over the cost to know if you're making coins.
    I think you're reading the recipe cards wrong or I'm reading your post wrong.

There are no recipes in the game that will put you at a loss of coins, they all earn something even if it's not much (the lowest I can think of off-hand gives $2 per plate served).

Using Key Lime Pie as an example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BS CookBook - Key Lime Pie - Basic Oven.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	69732

It costs $5,220 to bake 1 serving which is the price at the top of the card.

Each serving yields 2,275 plates of food which is the number right below the image of the recipe.

You gain 50 xp from baking and selling one full serving of the recipe.

Selling all plates of one serving gives you an income of $9,100 which is the bottom number on the card.

To figure out how many coins you earn for each individual plate you sell means you take your total income ($9,100) and divide it by plates per serving (2,275) which gives you $4 per plate.

But to figure out how much you profit would take into account the cost of baking the recipe. So that would be $9,100 - $5,220 to give you a total of $3,880 coins added to your bank for every full serving of Key Lime Pies baked and sold.

To make things as easy as possible, the Recipe Guide I mentioned above includes a breakdown for each recipe in the game so players can easily find the profits for whichever recipe they're interested in.

When looking at the entry for Key Lime Pie in the Recipe Guide players would see this:

Lv Recipe Hrs Pts/Srv Cost Income XP Inc/Pt Pft/Srv Released
    25 Key Lime Pie 6 2,275 -$5,220 $9,100 50 $4 $3,880 2011 Nov. 18

Hope that helps to clear up any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I think you're reading the recipe cards wrong or I'm reading your post wrong.

There are no recipes in the game that will put you at a loss of coins, they all earn something even if it's not much (the lowest I can think of off-hand gives $2 per plate served).

Using Key Lime Pie as an example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BS CookBook - Key Lime Pie - Basic Oven.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	69732

It costs $5,220 to bake 1 serving which is the price at the top of the card.

Each serving yields 2,275 plates of food which is the number right below the image of the recipe.

You gain 50 xp from baking and selling one full serving of the recipe.

Selling all plates of one serving gives you an income of $9,100 which is the bottom number on the card.

To figure out how many coins you earn for each individual plate you sell means you take your total income ($9,100) and divide it by plates per serving (2,275) which gives you $4 per plate.

But to figure out how much you profit would take into account the cost of baking the recipe. So that would be $9,100 - $5,220 to give you a total of $3,880 coins added to your bank for every full serving of Key Lime Pies baked and sold.

To make things as easy as possible, the Recipe Guide I mentioned above includes a breakdown for each recipe in the game so players can easily find the profits for whichever recipe they're interested in.

When looking at the entry for Key Lime Pie in the Recipe Guide players would see this:

Lv Recipe Hrs Pts/Srv Cost Income XP Inc/Pt Pft/Srv Released
    25 Key Lime Pie 6 2,275 -$5,220 $9,100 50 $4 $3,880 2011 Nov. 18

Hope that helps to clear up any confusion.
    "But to figure out how much you profit would take into account the cost of baking the recipe. So that would be $9,100 - $5,220 to give you a total of $3,880 coins added to your bank for every full serving of Key Lime Pies baked and sold."

In order to know exaclty how much net profit a recipe gives, we need to substract the cost from the revenue.

The net profit is 3,880 coins - 5,220 coins. Which is -1,340 coins. Key Lime Pie has a 26% of coins loss. It costs more than what we get back.

Does that make sense?

Nightclub Owner
    "But to figure out how much you profit would take into account the cost of baking the recipe. So that would be $9,100 - $5,220 to give you a total of $3,880 coins added to your bank for every full serving of Key Lime Pies baked and sold."

In order to know exaclty how much net profit a recipe gives, we need to substract the cost from the revenue.

The net profit is 3,880 coins - 5,220 coins. Which is -1,340 coins. Key Lime Pie has a 26% of coins loss. It costs more than what we get back.

Does that make sense?
    The $3,880 coins has already subtracted the 5,220 out. Why would it be taken out again? I'm not understanding that part.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    The $3,880 coins has already subtracted the 5,220 out. Why would it be taken out again? I'm not understanding that part.
    You're right. I complicated things unnecessarily

I read the recipe cards wrong all this time.

Nightclub Owner
    You're right. I complicated things unnecessarily

I read the recipe cards wrong all this time.
    It's totally understandable and can happen to anyone since the values on the recipe cards aren't clearly marked. I'm glad I could help explain things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast