Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/11: From Cover to Cover | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    One account was lucky & has finished, I think 2 others will, not sure about the last. And I purchased a second desk for all of them. This has been a horrible grind, I think I need a break from the game awhile. Challenging is different than "must set alarms every hour while awake and try to log in."
    Power of the Post! I wasn't getting many spawns from the pink tomes, just the hourly, and after posting yesterday I got a slew! Looking like I will finish after all, yay!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Farm Supplier
    I’m a bit bummed about this event. I don’t need the prizes, but I wanted the bookworm. I haven’t been able to log in every hour/2 hours due to my schedule. Drops from the mines for the dwarf hats has been abysmal, and the drops from the desk weren’t much better. (I didn’t realize I would truly need to buy a second one) There’s no way even by gemming to speed up collection times (which I’ve already done to get to this point), that I will get the last 5 ephemeral pages I need before the event ends. For me there I don’t see a way to finish this event without spending a lot of gems. A cute prize isn’t worth it at this point. It’s the first time I haven’t finished in a very long time. I will likely sit out a few future events unless they look FUN. Grinding away at an event while waiting for several items to be ready to collect which all seemed to have low collection rates is not fun.

Farm Supplier
    I am so jealous! I am on three days and my 4 pink tomes haven’t spawned any tomes! They act like they want to but nothing happens!

Rhino Keeper
    I'm also unhappy with this event. As a long time player, I usually have few difficulties to finish most events and I'm used to spend gems, from time to time, to finish some, especially those that I choose to play more relaxed. This one is the most stressful event that I recall. I started with a delay of 2 days and had to spend (so far) 110 gems to speedup collection times from the mines and the Little Library. I'm now close to start crafting the 3rd Ephemeral Page and, with 5 Fairytale Tomes and the available time I'll have to play, for the 1st time I'm not sure I'm going to finish it without having to spend more gems. Hat drops from the mines are ridiculously low. Fairytale Tomes don't spawn Ephemeral Tomes most of the time. S8 this is not the way. I'm pretty sure that most players here are grown up people with families, jobs and responsabilities. We can't play 24 hours and setting 1 hour timers is very stressful to me. I love this game since I started playing it in 2012, but this starts to take off the fun. Not only we're starting to have more than 1 event at the same time, as they are becoming more and more undoable without spending €. Please have more consideration in the future. But overall, thank you for all the work and dedication!
    Last edited by azriX2012; 05-23-23 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typo

Executive Chef
    Now I have five pink tomes and my first time through all five - zilch. Like most of the times through the four. Luckily I'm retired and have nothing better to do and can visit the little library every hour to get the last five ink pages tp craft my last ephemeral page.

Ten times I’ve visited the sparkling mine and not a single hat!! Come on…that’s ridiculous.��

Farm Supplier
    I am a long time player and even though I have been collecting hourly almost every day, there is no way I can finish the event. The drops get worse with each event, ensuring the only way we can complete them is by buying our way through. I loved this game for years as the events were a challenge, but always doable. Now it seems it’s all about us spending money. I don’t feel that “buying” the prize every event is challenging or enjoyable. It ruins the point of the game and takes away the fun of the challenge.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by awesome6204 View Post
    I am a long time player and even though I have been collecting hourly almost every day, there is no way I can finish the event. The drops get worse with each event, ensuring the only way we can complete them is by buying our way through. I loved this game for years as the events were a challenge, but always doable. Now it seems it?s all about us spending money. I don?t feel that ?buying? the prize every event is challenging or enjoyable. It ruins the point of the game and takes away the fun of the challenge.
    That's a good point and I can agree that super hard goals don't make me want to spend but rather make me want to walk away and take another break from the game.

If I'm being charitable, I would say they're doing it to try and make sure even the highest level player is still engaged. I support the idea of keeping everyone engaged but not like this. I feel like making events so time and energy consuming that everyone struggles is the wrong way to encourage engagement - all it does is take away from the enjoyment of the game and burn players out quicker.

In my opinion, the right way to do it is by added extra or bonus content for those long timers who regularly finish high level/harder events early.... which they've done by introducing the weekly recurrence of Madame Makeda. To me, that whole storyline is content specifically aimed at players who have extra time and energy who can focus on it like when they finish events early.

If they've already added extra/bonus content to keep high level players engaged then it feels really pointless to also keep raising the time and energy requirements for events. I've been playing for years, have a huge energy stockpile and am overcapped on nearly every item in my inventory and yet I struggle to finish events. That seems concerning and every time I struggle with an event, I always wonder how the newer players can possibly finish fairly. As a long time player, I'm really happy with the addition of Makeda but didn't have a free minute last week to even think about it because I was so focused on trying to finish the event. I love CS but the way it's been going over the last year, it's really difficult to like it and want to log in every day when I get stressed just thinking about what I have to do to finish an event!

Basically, my point is that if they're adding extra events to keep players entertained then they should go back to events that are absolutely able to be finished without having to buy extra items, value packs, energy, etc. That way, all players who put in a reasonable amount of daily playing can finish the events and those of us who have built up our realms can finish early and play the extra events to our enjoyment.

Executive Chef
    I made it with about 22 hours to spare, and I spent much of the last two days collecting. If I had other things I needed to be doing, not sure I would have succeeded. I doubt I?ll keep the bookworm or any tomes other than the Fairytale Tomes out; I can get the same idrops from multiple other objects. Probably park the Fairytales somewhere on the edge.

Anyway, here are big library and little library.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65036BBF-30EC-45A1-AED7-5F1D35142DE4.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	69349

Rhino Keeper
    Just now i read the last few pages of the similar thread: i should have done that first and then skipped this event! Well next time its reading about the old event first i guess, to save me the stress. Two normal days of regular life now, only logging in to send a gift i think