Thread: Help! I need coins!

Help! I need coins!

I have gone from over a million coins down to nothing in less than three months just playing goals and cooking food not buying decorations. What can I do to earn the most possible coins? I cannot afford to pay $15 for 100 gems just to get 540,000 coins that are completely used up in one goal.I have played this game for 15 years and it?s breaking my heart to think I have to quit because I simply cannot afford to play.Please help!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    As another long-term player who regularly goes broke redesigning their restaurant in between goals... I feel you. I've been in your situation more than once, but I've always been able to bounce back. Here are some tips/strategies I've used to get back coins quickly after draining my reserves:

1) Cook high-profit foods. Peking Duck (on the Basic Oven; takes 2 Days to cook) and Stuffed Mushrooms (on the Basic Stove; takes 1 Day/22 Hours to cook) are two of the most profitable recipes in the game, and I cook these after redesigns to boost my coin amount. Most other 1- and 2-Day recipes are also highly profitable but these take the crown.

The small downside is, because they take longer to cook, you do have to wait a bit for the coins to start rolling in. If you're looking for something shorter-term, Kiwi and Cake (Basic Oven; 6 Hours cook time) is a decently high earner, and Biscuits and Gravy (Basic Stove; 3 Hours cook time) is fantastic if you want something with a really quick turnaround.

2) Food gifts. Food gifts = easy coins! They have no cook time or cost to cook since they're gifted from your neighbors, so these are pure profit when served from your inventory. Roast Chicken and Stew are the top earners here, and both are conveniently located in the 'Dinner' tab of the Gifts section for your neighbors to send you either easily and efficiently

(Note that you cannot request food from your neighbors the same way you can request parts - you can only accept food gifts your neighbors send you independently).

A little bit of math here depending on how many coins you need/which food gift you would prefer:

Stew: 150 plates/gift * 5 coins/plate = 750 coins per gift
    Chicken: 50 plates/gift * 8 coins/plate = 400 coins per gift

A little more math in the spoiler tag (because it's interesting but isn't necessary for your question):

Spoiler: show
    So, each Stew gift yields roughly double the profit of each Chicken gift.
    In order to get the same amount of profit from both, you would need 15 Chicken gifts for every 8 Stew gifts, at which point each result in a profit of 6000 coins).

Obviously, other food gifts would give you coins as well, but these are the highest earning of the selection, so I won't be focusing on the others in this write-up.

3) Check your Collectibles. The Game Guide goes into more detail about each one, but Chef Implements and Baking Goodness both award a nice sum of coins (15,000 or 10,000 respectively). Cooking any recipe increases your chance of getting a collectible for Chef Implements, while cooking breakfast/dessert recipes increases your chance of getting a collectible for Baking Goodness.

Also of note here is the Cooking Tools collectible, which awards the Golden Utensils. If you don't care to have too many in your inventory, each of these sells for 1,250 coins.

4) Changing the layout of your restaurant. This has been a hot topic of discussion for quite some time on the forums. By rearranging your tables relative to your door and host table, you can reduce the distance your customers need to travel to your tables, resulting in quicker turnaround. Multiple threads (1, 2, 3, 4) have been started over the years about this, but a lot of them have broken pictures and links, so I'm distilling the main strategies here:

A) "L-" or "T-shaped" designs (credit to fecsuper for these). These involve positioning your tables in L or T shapes around your door, with a host table right next to the door, so your customers can quickly navigate from the host table to their seats. The first picture is assuming the door is in its default position (if you have not bought additional doors). The second is if you have multiple doors and are able to move them around:

B) "Feeding Pens" (credit to GroovyRuss, though the "feeding pen" moniker was adopted later). This requires multiple doors and involves rearranging your doors and tables so each door has its own separated section of tables and chairs, and its own host table. The photo below illustrates one way of doing this (photo credit to Sugablast):

There are variations on both the above methods, of course, but they both essentially try to minimize the time/distance it takes for customers to be seated, eat, and vacate their seat for the next customer. Note that both of these will sell off your food rather quickly, so make sure your counters are well-stocked if you intend to use these designs on a prolonged basis.

5) Cooking Recipes to Mastery Levels 1 or 3. While Mastery Levels 2 and 4 each award 1 Gem for each recipe, Levels 1 and 3 award coins. If you have some appliances sitting with unmastered recipes, you can dust them off and get cooking. The Game Guide details how many times you need to cook each recipe to get to each Mastery Level. Level 1 awards 2,000 coins (4,000 in some newer appliances), while Level 3 awards 4,000 coins (8,000 in some newer appliances).

6) Neighbors and Tips. Small as it may be, visiting neighbors and collecting tips does give you a small number of coins. You can get up to 20 coins per neighbor visit (awarded randomly, sometimes combined or interchanged with exp). Alternatively, you can put out extra tables (sectioned off from your customers if you follow a layout in #4!) to collect more tips from neighbors and visitors.

7) Selling off unused decor. As a design-oriented player, I really dislike doing this, but sometimes I have items in my inventory that were goal prizes or I had to buy for a goal that I'm sure I won't use for quite some time. Selling them off temporarily gets me a small boost of coins I need in the short run, and I can always buy them back if/when I want them for a design later. Note that any piece of furniture (whether tables, chairs, floor decor, or other) sells back for 10% of its coin value. (Yes, even gem items will sell back for coins).

Also... not exactly a #8-worthy recommendation, and obviously subjective to your personal play style, but feel free to take breaks from the goals sometimes if the prizes and/or recipes aren't to your liking. Unfortunately, the 14-day goals presently operate at a coin loss (if I've done my math correctly - I'm no VanaCatu, so I have to double-check my numbers) so you're effectively paying to complete goals. If it's not something that interests you, there's no penalty for not participating.

I hope some of these strategies are able to help you (and others who may be in this situation)
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Thank you so much for your advice! I really appreciate it!

Not gaining coins

Hi
    I play restaurant story for around 10 years and my coins were always ok and going up, since storm8 changed the way we do the goals my coins started going down , with all those ovens we have to buy and all the coins spend on rewards I think for next goal I will not have coins to buy new oven and after all these years I 'm seriously thinking to quit RS and BS since I'm having this problem on both games. Goals are the only fun in the game ,if I can't do goals the game will be boring..If anyone is experiencing my same problem or if one can help me how to gain coins,was cooking biscuits and gravy to gain coins but still goals are taking all money.. any help will be appreciated..thank you

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nymphetamine21 View Post
    Hi
    I play restaurant story for around 10 years and my coins were always ok and going up, since storm8 changed the way we do the goals my coins started going down , with all those ovens we have to buy and all the coins spend on rewards I think for next goal I will not have coins to buy new oven and after all these years I 'm seriously thinking to quit RS and BS since I'm having this problem on both games. Goals are the only fun in the game ,if I can't do goals the game will be boring..If anyone is experiencing my same problem or if one can help me how to gain coins,was cooking biscuits and gravy to gain coins but still goals are taking all money.. any help will be appreciated..thank you
    Hi nymphetamine21,

I merged your post into a recent thread that was asking a very similar question. Please see my previous post in this thread for strategies on how to build back your coin balance.

Additionally, I recently ran a financial analysis on the 14-day goals here. Even though it's in the Bakery Story forum, the stats are the same for Restaurant Story. Unfortunately, goals can be quite expensive to complete; but I hope the findings from this and the linked thread can help you strategize how much you want to budget for each goal you wish to complete (and which ones you may want to skip if they're not to your liking).

I hope this helps you
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    Hi nymphetamine21,

I merged your post into a recent thread that was asking a very similar question. Please see my previous post in this thread for strategies on how to build back your coin balance.

Additionally, I recently ran a financial analysis on the 14-day goals here. Even though it's in the Bakery Story forum, the stats are the same for Restaurant Story. Unfortunately, goals can be quite expensive to complete; but I hope the findings from this and the linked thread can help you strategize how much you want to budget for each goal you wish to complete (and which ones you may want to skip if they're not to your liking).

I hope this helps you
    Thank you so much will try your strategy and hope to gain some coins because quitting the game is too hard. Goals should help us since we dedicate our time to finish them not drain us off from our money, hope Storm8 can do something about it .. thank you again Pixiegamer