Thread: Will my bakery ever be deleted if I take a break?

Rhino Keeper

Will my bakery ever be deleted if I take a break?

If I take a break from bakery and not log in. Will my bakery ever be deleted? Or do
    I just need to log in once in awhile? Just curious I have spent a lot of money and dont want to lose my bakery.

Nightclub Owner
    EDITED:

Apparently there have been instances where this has happened but it seems pretty rare. I've searched around on the forum but haven't been able to find anything that says what the cut-off would be, if there is one.

I've had neighbors who have left the game for years and returned to things being exactly how they were left other than food having sold, of course.

Since there is an outside chance it could happen, perhaps logging in once a week to clear your tips/wall would be the prudent choice.

New Resident

Yes it can !!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Under no circumstances will your bakery be deleted; even in the rare cases where an account is stolen/hacked or players are banned for non-compliance of s8 rules/policy the accounts are usually frozen but the bakeries still exist. I've had neighbors who have left the game for years and returned to things being exactly how they were left other than food having sold, of course.

If you're worried, you could always snap a few pics of your bakery such as your xp/coin/gem levels before taking your leave. This way when you return you'll be able to see right away if anything has been altered and in the very slim chance of there being any issues, you'll have the pics needed to open a ticket with the team.
    Sorry to contradict the above but Yes it can as my original bakery was !! I was so upset, years of collecting and money spent, had major surgery in 2019, so couldn?t play. Received a new iPad in the summer downloaded BS and it was gone. I contacted Storm8 it took 8 weeks to reply and they said ..

Unfortunately, my account was deleted in order to comply with data retention policies.

And that was the end of that !! No compensation for all the gems I?d lost along with money I?d spent over the years and most importantly all of my items I?d bought and gained through doing goals from 2010 !! I was so upset and disappointed and had to start all over again from scratch. I hope that?s helped as I wouldn?t want you to go through what I had to.

Kind regards and Happy New Year x
    Last edited by Jever247; 12-31-22 at 01:57 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks for sharing your experience, it's good to learn there is a case of accounts being wiped. I've updated my original post to reflect this new info.

However, you may want to edit your post as it's against Forum Policy to share your communications with support staff on the forum. This includes the actual communication, support comments or the resolution of your ticket.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 12-31-22 at 01:58 PM. Reason: adding links

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Jever247 View Post
    Sorry to contradict the above but Yes it can as my original bakery was !! I was so upset, years of collecting and money spent, had major surgery in 2019, so couldn?t play. Received a new iPad in the summer downloaded BS and it was gone. I contacted Storm8 it took 8 weeks to reply and they said …

Unfortunately, my account was deleted in order to comply with data retention policies.

And that was the end of that !! No compensation for all the gems I?d lost along with money I?d spent over the years and most importantly all of my items I?d bought and gained through doing goals from 2010 !! I was so upset and disappointed and had to start all over again from scratch. I hope that?s helped as I wouldn?t want you to go through what I had to.

Kind regards and Happy New Year x
    Adjusted I hope the above is acceptable now, thanks for letting me know x

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I've never heard of this either in all the years I've been around. For the OP, I guess you should open it every now and then to be safe.

And a gentle reminder:
    Please remember that when you use the forum you agree to the Terms of Service and the forum posting rules. Posting support comms is a violation of forum rules and will result in posts being removed for privacy reasons.

Forum rules can be found here.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for the responses! I do want my food to sell. So I?ll just keep loggin in a few times a day!