Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 2/17: Ogre The Hill event + s38 MH/LB | prize and goal info on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    Thank you for your feedback, feel free to share more, and we'll definitely consider it for future events. The Leaderboard is an optional event to play if you want to try and achieve the dragon. We're striving to provide challenges for players who finish the community event early, and this form of LB and its prizes were planned months ago as we tried to find new ways to challenge players in our community events without making the event itself harder.
    I absolutely love having the LB MH now at the end of the last event as I?m one of those who finish early and don?t really have anything to do between events. The only criticism I have is the final prize for finishing the leaderboard, it?s a single troll token?. Which to me sounds really mean but other than that I really love the addition

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    I am a player who always finishes events early. I don't feel that S8 needs to provide additional challenges for my down time. I don't want to feel stressed by extra events that require more of my time. This is a game, not a job. I despise leaderboards. They are not enjoyable to me in any way. Ten gold tokens is a very poor prize to me as I am maxed out on gold tokens. The goal rewards are not desirable to me either. We never do anything with crowns, and chests in past events have been unremarkable. 2300 points requires a lot of time and energy. I am not interested in investing either. I am very disappointed with how this dragon has been presented to us. S8, you could have done much better!
    You crafted all the Troll Token related items? As this LB has no new items, I will be able to catch up a little on the backlog...
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjalejones View Post
    I absolutely love having the LB MH now at the end of the last event as I?m one of those who finish early and don?t really have anything to do between events. The only criticism I have is the final prize for finishing the leaderboard, it?s a single troll token?. Which to me sounds really mean but other than that I really love the addition
    It's actually 10 Troll Tokens. For some reason the 0 doesn't show.

Executive Chef
    Adding my name to this chorus of disapproval. As a high level player who downloaded Castle story when it was first released, I have huge troves of energy, gems and time (recently retired). Yet I do find CS incredibly time consuming and enjoy the breaks from finishing events early. LB are stressful and incredibly unfair to players who are not in as fortunate position as I am. The dragon should have been a goal prize or something to craft in the MRC, not a LB prize. Other than the dragon, there is nothing new in the event for me. I am maxed on troll, shield, sword and staff tokens and have crafted at least 1 or more (if drops are desirable) of everything in the MRC. This LB setup is biased against the newer players or lower level players, who have been excited about the prospect of the new event promising the dungeon dragon, only to be disappointed by being shoved into a leaderboard that they have little chance of being successful in!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    Boooo!
    A LB for the dragon!
    Bad decision Storm8!
    We were all so excited ? this is such a let down!
    This is the worst possible outcome!

Also a LB DURING another event!
    Storm8 NEVER do this again!

My guess is you?ve made everyone very unhappy.

Whoever came up with this idea has very little understanding of Castle Story or its players.

I vote for an immediate fix!
    The LB should be scrapped - make the Dragon a craft for dragon tokens.
    I agree with you. What a disappointment. So only a very limited number of people can win the dragon. I liked that S8 was responsive for the request of giving us a chance to get the dragon, but this was the worst possible way. I have enough energy that if I wanted to be a contender for 1st or 2nd place, I probably could win it, but not sure that's the best use of my energy. I prefer a quest were we have to complete activities to win.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yasalaam View Post
    It's actually 10 Troll Tokens. For some reason the 0 doesn't show.
    Thanks, that makes a lot more sense, lol

Nightclub Owner

Ogre The Hill II - February 2022

Math & Event Items

<<< Main Thread

Beast Master Items

Daily Trade: Adept Challenge
    Storable: No
    Info: What's that, Sir Pigglesworth? I think he wants to show me something... Follow that pig!
    Type: Trade
    Source: Event
    Requirements: 1 Blue Dire Boar
    Drops: Coins (1400), Shield Token
    Events: Beast Master - December 2021, Beast Master - February 2022, Ogre The Hill II - February 2022
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?113151
    Daily Trade: Novice Challenge
    Info: Prove your ability to protect the people! Hunt down Fangbeasts plaguing the citizens!
    Requirements: 5 Fangbeast
    Drops: Coins (320), Staff Token
    Events: Beast Master - December 2021, Beast Master - February 2022, Ogre The Hill II - February 2022
    Daily Trade: Sovereign Challenge
    Info: Oh no! A glimmer golem left the Glimmer Gate and is terrorizing our horses! Stop it from hurting them!
    Requirements: 1 Purple Glimmer Golem
    Drops: Coins (2400), Sword Token
    Dragon Helm - (Card)
    Storable: Yes
    Info: Trade for Points in the Beast Master Event!
    Type: Material
    Crafted In: Magic Forge
    Requirements: 5 Dragon Token, 1 Living Wood, 4 Silver Ore
    Events: Ogre The Hill II - February 2022
    Production: 240 minutes // 4 hours
    Production Speed-up: 16 Gems
    Cap: 999
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?113373
    Comments: Gives 30 Points
    Dragon Shield - (Card)
    Requirements: 2 Dragon Token, 10 Wood, 5 Iron Ore
    Production: 15 minutes
    Production Speed-up: 1 Gems
    Comments: Gives 15 Points.
    Dragon Sword - (Card)
    Requirements: 8 Dragon Token, 5 Jewels, 1 Enchanter's Essence
    Production: 240 minutes // 4 hours
    Production Speed-up: 16 Gems
    Comments: Gives 45 Points.
    Dragon Token - (Card)
    Info: Use to craft Beast Master goods. Trade Beast Master goods in the Beast Master Event for Points!
    Requirements: 30 Gems
    Found: Dungeon Dragon (Spawn)
    Used for: Dragon Shield, Dragon Helm, Dragon Sword
    Dungeon Dragon - (Card)
    Info: A feisty foe that lurks in dungeons! Drops Dragon Scales and Mithril.
    Type: Decoration
    Class: Animals
    Size: 1x1
    Sell: Item cannot be sold!
    Drops: Mithril, Dragon Scales
    Collection: 1320 minutes // 22 hours
    Collection Speed-up: 88 Gems
    Cap: 1
    Dungeon Dragon Statue - (Card)
    Info: Gain 11 points every time you collect from the Knight of Roses Statue during the 2022 February Beast Master event!
    Type: Decoration
    Class: Other
    Size: 1x1
    Requirements: 150 Gems
    Sell: Item cannot be sold!
    Drops: Points
    Collection: 120 minutes // 2 hours
    Collection Speed-up: 8 Gems
    Last edited by ShibuyaCloth; 03-03-22 at 10:15 AM.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    My Statues are dropping monster tokens.
    Pulling out my Jousting arena to generate 1 of the 4 monsters I need a day for the Faerie Chests.

Has anyone gotten a gold token from Lorelei’s Fountain?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    NOT a fan of 2 events at the same time - and this is coming from player who is basically sitting on pretty much unlimited energy. We need those little 2-3 day breaks between evenrs - or even that 1 week if we manage to finish early. The extra stress is terrible. Please at least give us multiple HIT button when fighting monsters not 3 exactly the same ones. Instead of having like 3 hit buttons with same results- how about a 5, 10, 15 HIT button - which would deliver 15 hits with single button hit. Would make it more manageable for players- clicking your phone to the same place for 4 hours otherwise is very very boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    Adding my name to this chorus of disapproval. As a high level player who downloaded Castle story when it was first released, I have huge troves of energy, gems and time (recently retired). Yet I do find CS incredibly time consuming and enjoy the breaks from finishing events early. LB are stressful and incredibly unfair to players who are not in as fortunate position as I am. The dragon should have been a goal prize or something to craft in the MRC, not a LB prize. Other than the dragon, there is nothing new in the event for me. I am maxed on troll, shield, sword and staff tokens and have crafted at least 1 or more (if drops are desirable) of everything in the MRC. This LB setup is biased against the newer players or lower level players, who have been excited about the prospect of the new event promising the dungeon dragon, only to be disappointed by being shoved into a leaderboard that they have little chance of being successful in!
    Life itself has been more stressful, requiring more energy, the past few years. Gaming is supposed to be something enjoyable, not another time-sucker to add to our "to do" lists.

I was disappointed after starting the Ogre event that the dragon clearly shown on the Splash Screen was unavailable. Bait & switch. 4 characters on the Splash Screen meant "no LB Monster Hunt", those have previously grouped characters in 3's. So I got my hopes up, was looking forward to the event, then No Dragon.

Oh, wait, the Dragon is now available mid-event but only as part of a hated LB?

I am tired & exhausted from the worldwide challenges Real Life has thrown the past few years. Now more than ever, my gaming was something I wanted to be relaxing. Instead it's playing with my emotions, dashing my hopes, demanding I put even more effort into completing a challenge.

We know life often isn't fair, but for a business entity that wants me to spend $$$ choosing to make my life even more unfair than it is, is losing me as a paying customer. S8 please consider thoughts like these moving forward. I haven't ever seen ANY kind of survey, what makes you think I want MORE challenging, time intensive, gameplay right now? We often comment here we WANT more time in between events to work on our storylines, not less, why add extra pressure ? There were a lot of negative comments regarding the new, increased requirements for events, why did you choose to ignore that? And put 2 events in the time usually allotted for 1?

I was finally enjoying this event & dealing with the "no dragon" disappointment until you threw in the MH. Thanks for nothing. Please stop jerking us around emotionally like this, it's driving at least some of us away.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    Totally agree with this! I am practically in the same boat (just not retired but have time)
    I like to finish ahead to get a breather between events.
    Add me to the list of disappointed long term players!
    Badly done S8
    Last edited by kolakid; 02-25-22 at 07:50 AM.