Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Gold Oven requirements

Nightclub Owner

Lucky Gold Oven requirements

The first appliance for the current goal has an error on the building screen that means we are unable to fully build the appliance.

Even once a player has the 28 Lucky Bud and 12 Clover Mitts in storage, we cannot finish the build due to the extra, blank part the game thinks we need:

Photo of oven when opened:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8709.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	54959

Photo of oven after required parts are gathered:

Name:	IMG_8710.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	54960

EDIT: This is also an error on the 2nd Appliance as well

Name:	IMG_8734.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	54962

Rhino Keeper
    Yeah, they messed up. But I'm not going to panic. I'm sure they'll fix this.

Executive Chef
    Why or how do this even happen? Though safe to speak, I don't work within the game industry.

I know errors happen for time to time, but I wonder how it happens.

I was definitely panicking at first - I'm not going to act like I wasn't - but I hope with a new company taking S8 over - that they'll eventually be beta testers. Or goals without problems going in the later future now. Or I at least hope, if nothing else.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

New Resident
    When I click oven "Tap to build" my app crashes. I've tried reporting it but no feedback. Someone PLEASE tell me they're fixing it SOON

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    Why or how do this even happen? Though safe to speak, I don't work within the game industry.

I know errors happen for time to time, but I wonder how it happens.

I was definitely panicking at first - I'm not going to act like I wasn't - but I hope with a new company taking S8 over - that they'll eventually be beta testers. Or goals without problems going in the later future now. Or I at least hope, if nothing else.
    To me this specific issue seems like a simple accident of not removing the placeholder. Because they use the same template for every goal and just plug in the new images/words, they need to have an original template to work from. When they design a new part for an oven, they simply drop the image in where the Null Box is but this time they accidentally added the two new images beside the placeholder instead of replacing it entirely.

EDIT: They've fixed it already - GO TEAM!

Executive Chef
    Good! I hear it's fixed, I'm glad they fixed it as soon as they did

@anniras, my panicking was a bit off. So sorry. Though like I said, unfortunately I haven't a clue of what happens within the gaming industry. Even the slightest clue, I have none or can even take a proper guess. Though,

Thanks for fixing it as soon as you did, company! Appreciation is in order!
    Last edited by kappy333; 03-12-20 at 12:57 PM.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

Rhino Keeper
    ... but I hope with a new company taking S8 over - that they'll eventually be beta testers. Or goals without problems going in the later future now.
    Someone else is taking over S8?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ST4CoolGames View Post
    Someone else is taking over S8?
    A few months back, a larger gaming company purchased Storm8 and brought it under their umbrella. The articles I read all have quotes from the original s8 owners stating that their daily operations won't change, nor will their staffing or anything like that. From the sounds of things, they just joined this larger network for business reasons. You should be able to find the articles with a simple internet search.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    A few months back, a larger gaming company purchased Storm8 and brought it under their umbrella. The articles I read all have quotes from the original s8 owners stating that their daily operations won't change, nor will their staffing or anything like that. From the sounds of things, they just joined this larger network for business reasons. You should be able to find the articles with a simple internet search.
    I haven't read much. I actually just found out yesterday reading the DS discussions. So it was completely news to me. I don't know how I didn't know this up until yesterday, but maybe that's a good thing. Since it will still be the S8 we know.

But back on topic and more on relevance to this particular thread - has the 2nd oven been fixed also? Or is that still awaiting fix?
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

Nightclub Owner
    I haven't read much. I actually just found out yesterday reading the DS discussions. So it was completely news to me. I don't know how I didn't know this up until yesterday, but maybe that's a good thing. Since it will still be the S8 we know.

But back on topic and more on relevance to this particular thread - has the 2nd oven been fixed also? Or is that still awaiting fix?
    Both the appliance requirements are fixed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast