Thread: Portal/Codex for BS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nightclub Owner

Portal/Codex for BS

I've been thinking a lot lately on the current state of the game. Many long time players are leaving, unhappy with the lack of content other than goals which they're not happy with either. This made me wonder what the game could offer players that wouldn't require more daily work from the already bogged down team. This is what I landed on: A Trading Portal for Bakery items!

It would be great if BS and RS could have an Exchange Shop or something along those lines. I'm thinking of the Dragon Story Codex and Portal where players can trade a duplicate dragon for Essence then turn around and use those Essence to craft a dragon they need. In BS and RS, we could trade our duplicate crate items for some sort of currency - for the purpose of this post we'll call them Points.

Over the years, I've amassed so many duplicate decos that a large majority of them never see the light of day, forever relegated to my storage. I know I'm not alone in this and it's a discouraging factor when considering a Mystery Crate purchase. If we had a way to use these unwanted duplicates, I think players would be more apt to make more Mystery Crate purchases. I know I would!

If I knew I could trade my duplicates in for Points that could then be used to craft an item I had no luck in winning... I'd tap a box every time I had the gems to spare. This would also be a great way for S8 to offer locked goal items to players who originally missed the goal or bring back Holiday LTOs or even offer exclusive prizes from other S8 games in BS.

When trading Crate items: the 4th Prizes could offer 10 Points, the 3rd Prizes 20 Points, the 2nd Prizes 30 Points and the 1st Prizes 50 Points. Then, we could craft any Mystery Crate item we wanted with the accumulated Points.

Again, the amount of points needed would be dependent on how rare the prize was to begin with; the 4th Prizes requiring the least points (maybe 25 or so) to craft and the 1st Prizes costing the most, like 100 Points. For locked goal items: the tables, chairs and counters would require the least points to craft, the ovens and recipes a bit more, the coin decos would cost even more and the gem items would - of course - require the most Points to craft.

Naturally these trades wouldn't be instant, each trade would require a few hours as they do in DS. The lowest trade could take 3 hours and the time would increase by 3 hours with each level, ending with the highest trade taking 12 hours. And perhaps we could win Points when completing goals as well. Once the Exchange is established in the game the possible applications would be limited only by the teams imagination.

There are many various ways this Point scale could be set up to offer players long term enjoyment and continued interest in the game. I can't see that anyone would lose out with this system. S8 would get more gem purchases and renewed player interest. Players would have the ability to earn long wanted items and have something other than goals to focus their time and effort on.

This could really work to help revitalize the game, I think. And after the initial set up, it would require little attention from the team long term so they could keep focusing on new goals and crates as they are now.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 05-28-19 at 07:33 PM.