Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 04/12: Leaderboard - Beast Master | Monster Hunt season 12

Executive Chef
    The individual in first place in my group had 20,932 points. I finished in 11th with 3,487 points. I am usually a gemmer, but I refuse to use gems on these leaderboard competitions. I dislike the spirit of leaderboards. I wrote as much in the survey, but I seriously doubt that they will pay attention to any negative feedback.

Executive Chef
    It seems that the issue that Pika describes in a previous post where players had to force close their game to get their double points added correctly created a chaotic end to the LB. Evidently these points were added to totals after the timer ended. That's what it looks like to me anyway.
    Not good. And what's fair?
    What is with all this force closing to get the game to work properly?

Good MOorning all ya'all!

Work has been getting in the way recently... *shake fist* ... anyway,

For all my whining about being in a group with multiple players w/ 99 Ali's... I won. *gasp* I know, right.

Two of the 99ers were the same person, (so we only had 19 players in our group.) And the third 99er never had more than 4 horses out or more than 10 cows. Maybe 5 pigs?

So Third even though they had all the turns available in the world, he had nothing to use them on. He made two charges, boosting his points, but never got closer than 500 points. He ended in 7th place.

I did spend about 50 gems on this, however I considered it a wash as I ended the event about where I started, due to the Gems awarded in the wagon bundles.

My multi kingdom owner let me "win." And I thank them for that. They tied got 2nd place AND 2nd place. So three Enfields awarded in my group.

MOo you Blue.

In Survey Monkey, where they asked what my favorite prize was, I choose 'Other' - Gold Troll Token.

Finished my first Baby Golem... and and my second. Made my Armored Wyv, and almost my first Armored Direwolf.

I guess that's about it... I gotta head back to work... my office mates will be happy my phone alarm isn't going off every 2 hours anymore... well at least until this afternoon, lets see what they have in store for us this week.

Bran is still in my kingdom... he was completely impressed with the number of horses I had present in and around his territory. Right now we are teaching him the whole "fork" thing when eating at a table. He has the "knife" bit down, but as I said, it's a work in progress.

Congratulations to those that deserve it, for either winning, working as a team or just achieving your own personal goals in this event!
    And BOooooo to those that know they deserve it.

MOo!
    All Hail the MOothraki!!
    Chief Beef
    Last edited by beefus; 04-19-18 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Clearing my lawn to prepare to begin yelling this afternoon.
    Stop censoring\deleting my posts... I'll not make it easy for you.
    I will add my voice loudly to this community. #Censorship
    I will lurk, smirk and be smarter... #PokeTheBear
    MOothrakian Chief Beef<--- Click it... you know you want to...
    CattleProd#1-:📿[🕹🔴🛡]🐮[♦️####################€ᄃ✨⚡️✨

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadma View Post
    Sad, but the top players in this event bought their prizes. I?ve played the game since it?s inception and there is no simply playing for prizes. Sad, but I?m about done with a game where money spent wins.
    You can't always generalise. This is not true for everyone. I won (which I didn't care about - too many pets in storage already) but only because I had a heap of saved energy by not doing previous events. No money or gems spent.

And I did feel bad for the others in my group who might have wanted to win, as they didn't have a chance. 2nd place was over 7000 points behind me.

Interesting thing is because I had so much energy, I didn't enjoy the monster hunt part as much as normal. It was a bit like chopping rocks in a way to just keep fighting golems, with nothing to limit me. And so not the same satisfaction every time I had enough to do a gold troll token trade.

New Resident
    I rarely comment because usually my comments are some silly mistake or oversight when I should have known better after all these years. I was an early player and quit (deleted my game and lost my Love Shack so believe me, I know regret) to take care of my mom and resumed several months after.

I realize there are distinct thoughts about CS...spend money / gems or not on an event, the Monster Hunt and about Leaderboard events in general. In my opinion, the strategy of a leaderboard is similar to that of an antiques auction ( my field). Many different emotions are brought forward. Competition brings out a surprisingly ambitious nature in those not normally so and some simply love the challenge for the sheer adrenaline rush. Storm8 knows this too and good for them. In the end, this is a game that we choose to play and a community we choose to be part of.

Within my team, within the last 20 minutes, as one would expect, there was a flurry of weapons. It was a lot of fun! For my part, there were no lags or glitches or resets. Everyone simply worked as fast as they could. I still have 16 Beast Master Chisel and 9 swords in inventory, and when time was up, that was it, I could no longer use my weapons. I can say that both wifi and network resources are excellent in my area. In the end, I did place second by a small margin. I worked very hard all week long to create a ton of weapons, used all my stored resources and then some. This challenge was a welcome distraction for me this week just when I needed the outlet. I freely admit I used some boosts and other helpful means when I thought it was sensible strategy to do so and I do not regret it. I crafted my second cabbage hut, am well on my way to my first direwolf and I was able to craft a baby golum. While my focus was on the Monster Hunt to gain these prizes, the leaderboard was an added element of challenge for me and I enjoyed it. I also am a big fan of foxes. The first place was ahead by miles and I'm happy she won. We all do our best from wherever we are.

I admit I'd be more willing to gem my may through some of these events if:

1. The game didn't reset several times a day and loose my progress (and utterly tick me off), and
    2. There were confirmation screens on spending gems (they can do this when crafting special items, why can't they do this with gems?)

Soapbox time!

Overall, I completely ignored the leader board thing (since only 10% of players have a chance at an actual prize) and went only for the trade wagon and got pretty far with collecting tokens. I still finished in 6th, but the 25 energy crate is not all that fabulous a prize for a weeks worth of play.

I hope S8 takes our feedback into consideration. I personally feel like I'm being ignored as a player in favour of pumping out as many glitchy events as possible. Quality is better than quantity, especially since the quality in the past half dozen events has been poor. I'm giving this Japanese themed event a try. If the quality of the game doesn't improve, I'm putting my money into another game that actually cares about its players and not its contents.

Okay, I'm done now. Fingers crossed they've put some thought into this next event.

Rhino Keeper
    Well ... I just got lucky, I guess. I didn't play the LB, but I came in first.
    I was just focusing on gold tokens, and ended up with 71, which I am pretty happy about.
    I have to admit to having a good ali herd. I didn't use any gems.
    An hour before the end, the two people behind me were coming in equal second, so I assume they had some agreement, but then someone came up from behind and took their place, and ended up just a few hundred behind me. I fought enough Enfields to make one of each of the chisel/sword/hammer, because I like collecting things, but I didn't bother with the LB other than that.
    I thought the LB was just a distraction, and my main gripe was the lack of sword tokens.

The leaderboard event ended, but my rank reward is not in inventory. No 25 energy box and no 5 tickets.

Executive Chef
    I'm at last ranking (: ★
    // my DS achievement (: ★ 3300+ essence ★

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Den8137259 View Post
    I'm at last ranking (: ★
    I will be next time ,will refuse to put my self through that again