View Poll Results: What Did You Think Of This Goal?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Enjoyed This Goal

76 28.36%
  • I Didn't Enjoy This Goal

96 35.82%
  • I Didn't Participate

2 0.75%
  • I Liked The New Recipes

134 50.00%
  • I Disliked The New Recipes

16 5.97%
  • I Liked The Final Prize (Candy Cane Fountain)

117 43.66%
  • I Disliked The Final Prize (Candy Cane Fountain)

12 4.48%
  • The Goal Duration Was Fine

23 8.58%
  • The Goal Duration Was Too Short

213 79.48%
  • The Goal Duration Was Too Long

6 2.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy Cane Goal 12/7 [POLL ADDED]

Rhino Keeper
    All my candy cane recipes are gone. I've got 7 ovens for one recipe. That's how many I had to buy to finish on time. Especially with all the problems I had. I am not happy and I'm not the only one. Several neighbors have already been complaining to me.
    You could have left more of the recipes. NOT HAPPY. It gets harder and harder to stay playing this game.

Farm Supplier
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B795BF37-D9DC-44CF-8450-A19639AC9E61.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	40702

I hit finish & not sure what happened. I also still have 3 batches cooking. So, I guess for the moment mine are not missing.
    ​Amy

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    All,

Please continue the missing recipe discussion in this thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...-cane-recipes-!

I've flagged the issue over and will report back when I get something
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Farm Supplier
    Mine are gone too! Had to buy 12 ovens to complete this stupid goal, and for what?! If they don?t put those recipes that we rightfully earned back, I will seriously question ever doing another goal again.

Rhino Keeper
    Goals are not enough time. I got busy at work and missed it by a few hours. I?ve been playing since 2010, so I have enough parts and ovens and still feel this way.

i've been playing this game daily/not missing a beat for years and years. i'm also familiar with the forums in those same number of years and i peek in every time we get an update. thus, i feel i know the history of this game really well. i'd like to share my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DoublePortion View Post
    I think this goal was twofold. For those long time players it is totally achievable using creative staggering techniques for the recipes. Especially since we have the unfair advantage here on the forum of knowing in advance what is required of us at each stage. If you begin long time recipes and plan them to be finished by the time shorter ones are ready from the stage before, it works quite well. It?s all in the math. No gems or waking up in the middle of the night to finish it required. So, long time players get new recipes, or if they missed it, they get a redo chance. Newer players may not finish it all, but they get the advantage of new recipes, a new oven, and food cooked for their place. Truly if it isn?t fun, don?t play. But complaining isn?t productive either. Just get creative, don?t harvest recipes from the next stage till the ones before have finished and you?ll be ahead of the game. 
    thousands of people play these games. a lot of new bakeries/accounts are being created every day. i know this because they'll add me and i'll see their new sweet lvl5 bakery with their lvl7 neighbors learning how to play this game. a handful of us know about these forums. even fewer of us know about these goal threads or can understand them. in addition to that, not all players understand english. so, the advantages you've described are only afforded to the little group of us here. the way goals are being handled is not ok and we musn't keep quiet. we're the few who can give some feedback. the blame isn't on us. people can play if they want to play and they should be able to voice their experience.

the way this candy cane goal was laid out was not normal at all. i'm guessing they didn't mean for it to go this way either. there must have been some slip-ups somewhere. with our feedback, they'll notice what went wrong and fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    It?s not deceptive they never implied or said this or any goal could be completed with only one or two ovens. Of course they require only one or two as part of the goal if they had it at 8 or 9 people would then complain that they can?t get past the first step
    as a long time player, it's my understanding that the instructions of a goal is how you can complete them. savvy players figured things out like the T-shaped layout or building multiple ovens to master recipes quicker. goals were originally 30-days. the two newbie goals we got (the one that gives you loretta and jp and the sweetco goals) were there to teach us how to play this game. one oven means one and two ovens mean two. originally, goals could be finished with them as they were designed that way.

after the layoffs, they introduced 15-day and 5-day goals. it's new. we're given a poll at the end of these new goals to get our feedback. imho it's not about the number of ovens. recipe hours and the limited parts we can get in a day (20g/20r and that's if your neighbors are bothering to fulfill that -- i know not all of my neighbors do and they're active) matter the most. short duration times are ok if they don't have these requirements that can only be completed with a 30-day timer. s8 needs to be realistic.

--

all i can say is i really hope s8 doesn't abandon this game. other posters here have mentioned how things change for the worse when they're moving to drop a game. i've experienced that too and i'm too sad to say anything more about that. i'll just continue to hope they'll keep bakery story.

Quote Originally Posted by SunUpSunDown View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B795BF37-D9DC-44CF-8450-A19639AC9E61.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	40702
    any other player out there like me who saw the candy canes come and disappear for years? that image is devastating.

Fashion Designer
    My candy canes disappeared, too. Ridiculous! Maddening!

What is the point of it if we cannot master the recipes??!!!!?????????

Quote Originally Posted by kianetruefaux View Post
    i've been playing this game daily/not missing a beat for years and years. i'm also familiar with the forums in those same number of years and i peek in every time we get an update. thus, i feel i know the history of this game really well. i'd like to share my 2 cents.

thousands of people play these games. a lot of new bakeries/accounts are being created every day. i know this because they'll add me and i'll see their new sweet lvl5 bakery with their lvl7 neighbors learning how to play this game. a handful of us know about these forums. even fewer of us know about these goal threads or can understand them. in addition to that, not all players understand english. so, the advantages you've described are only afforded to the little group of us here. the way goals are being handled is not ok and we musn't keep quiet. we're the few who can give some feedback. the blame isn't on us. people can play if they want to play and they should be able to voice their experience.

the way this candy cane goal was laid out was not normal at all. i'm guessing they didn't mean for it to go this way either. there must have been some slip-ups somewhere. with our feedback, they'll notice what went wrong and fix them.

as a long time player, it's my understanding that the instructions of a goal is how you can complete them. savvy players figured things out like the T-shaped layout or building multiple ovens to master recipes quicker. goals were originally 30-days. the two newbie goals we got (the one that gives you loretta and jp and the sweetco goals) were there to teach us how to play this game. one oven means one and two ovens mean two. originally, goals could be finished with them as they were designed that way.

after the layoffs, they introduced 15-day and 5-day goals. it's new. we're given a poll at the end of these new goals to get our feedback. imho it's not about the number of ovens. recipe hours and the limited parts we can get in a day (20g/20r and that's if your neighbors are bothering to fulfill that -- i know not all of my neighbors do and they're active) matter the most. short duration times are ok if they don't have these requirements that can only be completed with a 30-day timer. s8 needs to be realistic.

--

all i can say is i really hope s8 doesn't abandon this game. other posters here have mentioned how things change for the worse when they're moving to drop a game. i've experienced that too and i'm too sad to say anything more about that. i'll just continue to hope they'll keep bakery story.
    Thank you. You are 100% correct, it was well-said, and I am leaving this game after 6 years. Enough is enough!