Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Old goal pop ups

Same for me, restaurant and bakery. I followed all the recommended steps to make this stop, twice. I have latest version, I cleared my cache, I uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted my phone and I always force close. It's been doing this, this time, for about a week. I've been watching for a pattern. I noticed the ad for a current game pops up at random, it's dinosaurs or dragons, one of those you download and play for a few gems. I click no thanks or whatever my no choice is and the old goals start coming up fast. I click no thanks and before I can do anything else another one comes up. I'm Android, all updates for phone are current. This has happened to me in the past also.

Farm Supplier
    I'm on Android and I've lost gems due to these old goal pop ups, 3 times I think, early this year. I got all of them back though after submitting tickets to S8 support.

Still having the old goal pop ups almost daily, in fact they're getting more frequent, and I have to be ever so careful where I tap my finger in the game because they appear at random. There is no pattern to it. Clicking the 'No thanks' is useless - I'd get more stupid pop ups. I would force close the game, sometimes the pop ups would appear again, sometimes they won't.

Really wish S8 will fix this longstanding problem. So many people have lost gems and not everyone knows about forums and contacting support.

Happens to me on BS too. This VERY annoying problem should be fixed and not just brushed under the carpet.

- a VERY FRUSTRATED player

Plzz fix this issue... Having great problem while playing 😞😑

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    If you come across this issue, please force-close your game and restart it.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    If you encounter pop-ups, please force-close your game and restart it.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddy30103 View Post
    .... I followed all the recommended steps to make this stop, twice. I have latest version, I cleared my cache, I uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted my phone and I always force close. ...
    Hi pixiegamer, when the old goal pop ups appear, I always force close the game and restart the game. They always reappear, maybe minutes upon re-opening the game, or later on in the day when I open the game, or the next day etc.

Also have done the steps as quoted above, the old goal pop ups are still a problem.

The worst thing is contacting support now is useless when players lose gems from these old goal pop ups, which is a bug from S8's side. And then when I tried to help other players on the Bakery Story forum on this issue, my two posts got deleted. I smell a very big rat.
    Last edited by snowbun23; 12-17-17 at 05:44 PM.

Farm Supplier
    The game has done this [android] since always. Oh it stopped for months. But it has reoccurred recently again!i agree that storm 8 does not care. Obviously, it's been 5 years.

I uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of the game and it still won't stop. Sucks because I'm a player that actually pays over $40 every couple weeks to play. Where's the respect ? Please fix this issue Storm 8! You're basically stealing my money! Making it more frustrating and not so enjoyable lately

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by GratefulSunshine View Post
    I uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of the game and it still won't stop. Sucks because I'm a player that actually pays over $40 every couple weeks to play. Where's the respect ? Please fix this issue Storm 8! You're basically stealing my money! Making it more frustrating and not so enjoyable lately
    I am sorry you are having issues. You can try exiting out of your game when you are finished playing. When you come back in to play, go visit a neighbor first, then come back and allow the pops up to fully load before trying to do any actions in your game.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I am sorry you are having issues. You can try exiting out of your game when you are finished playing. When you come back in to play, go visit a neighbor first, then come back and allow the pops up to fully load before trying to do any actions in your game.
    You obviously have not encountered the old goal pop up bug in your own game, because your response is unhelpful.

I myself am still encountering old goal pop ups a year after it all started for me, in my own restaurant AND when I am visiting my neighbours' restaurants.

'Pop ups to fully load'? This does not even make sense if one has had the pop ups before.

S8 SHOULD FIX THIS OLD GOAL POP UPS ISSUE ASAP. Why has this issue fallen on deaf ears? As GratefulSunshine poster has mentioned, S8 is stealing our money by not refunding those stolen gems.

Making it loud and clear that I AM NOT SPENDING A DIME ON THIS GAME EVER AS LONG AS THIS ISSUE IS NOT FIXED.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast