PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Lady Pfefferknot's Visit! (EXPIRED EVENT) 6/4/15 - 6/29/15

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

gandalf72
06-14-15, 09:09 AM
The community counter runs independently of our actual collections. :p The second prize is going to end up taking 13.5 days since the day it started... They are going to have to give us a heck of a lot of grapes per day if they want us to make the last prize. :D

Huh? The community counter is an accumulation of all our actual collections. We aren't being GIVEN the grapes. We have to ALL collect them. So if some of us slow down or quit collecting grapes it means the rest of us carry the load. :)

CharmOfLea
06-14-15, 09:15 AM
Huh? The community counter is an accumulation of all our actual collections. We aren't being GIVEN the grapes. We have to ALL collect them. So if some of us slow down or quit collecting grapes it means the rest of us carry the load. :)
The community counter is programmed to run down by due time. Nothing you do or don't do will influence it.

Only action needed is to unlock it at 1000 grapes.

idrispad
06-14-15, 10:01 AM
Yes, if it runs like every other community event, actual collection of grapes is irrelevant.

Edit to add: that's why I packed away my farm houses. I'll collect from other stuff but I don't have the time to carry on collecting like I was. There are still the vineyard collections, that barrel thing, the adventures and the few buildings that drop grapes.

pigswithwigs
06-14-15, 10:39 AM
Are people going for the community prizes? I really fancy the puppy but the second community prize counter is so slow I am wondering whether to continue just collecting grapes forth next sixteen days. Btw I am getting lots of corks and hardly any barrels unless I speed up with gems.

mreames
06-14-15, 10:53 AM
An extra 1,000 grapes is only 1/1 millionth out of a billion. I don't believe there are enough forum members to have a significant impact on the final tally. Lol ;)

madeinseattle
06-14-15, 11:15 AM
An extra 1,000 grapes is only 1/1 millionth out of a billion. I don't believe there are enough forum members to have a significant impact on the final tally. Lol ;)

I agree..I even kept some of my farms after i reached the 4000! Hoping to help with the community prizes. But what I contribute is just a drop in the bucket. We may get the next prize...but most of us won't have a dog to occupy that dogbed. :( but I will keep trying :)

madeinseattle
06-14-15, 11:18 AM
I agree..I even kept some of my farms after i reached the 4000! Hoping to help with the community prizes. But what I contribute is just a drop in the bucket. We may get the next prize...but most of us won't have a dog to occupy that dogbed. :( but I will keep trying :)
Sorry..I meant Doghouse..:)

madeinseattle
06-14-15, 11:29 AM
Are people going for the community prizes? I really fancy the puppy but the second community prize counter is so slow I am wondering whether to continue just collecting grapes forth next sixteen days. Btw I am getting lots of corks and hardly any barrels unless I speed up with gems.
I for one really want the dog..but it looks like I might get the doghouse..but no dog to go with it :(

henrietta57
06-14-15, 11:44 AM
Well I wanted barrels...now I'm getting one cork for every 2 barrels on Level 8
*sigh*

Needing an ACTUAL cask of wine now
Ash

Will trade you corks for barrels. On Lvl 5 Vineyard and only getting corks; 30 at the moment and only 5 barrels. At this rate will never get to the Lvl 7 goal. Random is not fun :(

Korlcek
06-14-15, 11:49 AM
I believe that we are being set up for an extension of the event.

madeinseattle
06-14-15, 12:01 PM
I am so confused now...if the grapes collected by individual players are not added in the community count..then where does that count come from? I had 18 farms to begin with and after I reached goal I put most away, but kept 8 out and contained to collect grapes to add to the community total..or so I thought! Also every time we collect from the vineyard more grapes are added to our totals. I put 6 more away after someone said they weren't added anyhow.

gandalf72
06-14-15, 12:12 PM
Could someone else explain to these guys that if we all stop collecting grapes the community counter will NOT keep going? I'm through!😣

Ash1780
06-14-15, 12:28 PM
Still getting one cork for every two barrels on Lv8
But now I'm more interested in getting the kitten b/c I have the lil cat bed lol:D

madeinseattle
06-14-15, 12:32 PM
Could someone else explain to these guys that if we all stop collecting grapes the community counter will NOT keep going? I'm through!��
I have 4689 grapes and counting..

mreames
06-14-15, 12:40 PM
Sorry..I meant Doghouse..:)

It sounds like we are already in the doghouse. Lol

mreames
06-14-15, 12:43 PM
I have 4689 grapes and counting..

I will have 5000 in about 10 minutes. I collected grapes non-stop in the beginning, as soon as my farmhouses were ready, so that I wouldn't have to later. Others play to collect 170 grapes every day so that they reach the goal by the end. We all have different styles of playing.

katbtodd
06-14-15, 12:51 PM
I will have 5000 in about 10 minutes. I collected grapes non-stop in the beginning, as soon as my farmhouses were ready, so that I wouldn't have to later. Others play to collect 170 grapes every day so that they reach the goal by the end. We all have different styles of playing.

5402 at the minute

madeinseattle
06-14-15, 12:53 PM
It sounds like we are already in the doghouse. Lol

Sweetie..I am used to being in the Doghouse...I'm glad you joined me :)

mreames
06-14-15, 01:13 PM
Sweetie..I am used to being in the Doghouse...I'm glad you joined me :)

Lol glad you're happy, babe ;) at least my vineyard now looks like a complete building that isn't under construction. Lol

kittensabc
06-14-15, 01:18 PM
I am so confused now...if the grapes collected by individual players are not added in the community count..then where does that count come from? I had 18 farms to begin with and after I reached goal I put most away, but kept 8 out and contained to collect grapes to add to the community total..or so I thought! Also every time we collect from the vineyard more grapes are added to our totals. I put 6 more away after someone said they weren't added anyhow.

Could someone else explain to these guys that if we all stop collecting grapes the community counter will NOT keep going? I'm through!😣
The community counter is actually very simple. Every 2 minutes it picks a number form a short list of similar numbers (right now I believe the numbers are all in the 36k range, for the first prize they were in the 52k range) and adds it to the current number. That's all there is to it, and you can subtract the two numbers every 2 minutes if you want to verify this for yourself.

spuddy191
06-14-15, 01:28 PM
How do I get seeds? I've got none at all yet

robotparade
06-14-15, 01:30 PM

From a Comservatory, or Ivy's hut.

mreames
06-14-15, 01:37 PM

Also the summer gazebo if you have one.

meme1098
06-14-15, 02:01 PM
My counter went up over 65k in 2 minutes....
2 minutes before that it added 97,884...
So I don't understand the idea that our collecting grapes is not going towards the community total.

robotparade
06-14-15, 02:15 PM
Post 2 updated with info on extra timed goals.

I think we need to remember that all of the mini timed goals are additional steps to get a small reward. Don't put too much pressure on yourselves to do these extra steps. the estate can still be upgraded during the course of the Event and will still drop corks and barrels Until you reach Level 10.

I think this is key. People seem to be freaking out about the mini goals when you just get a barrel or a cork and some coins from completing those. I'm not sweating the mini goals. I figure this is supposed to be FUN.

kittensabc
06-14-15, 02:20 PM
So I don't understand the idea that our collecting grapes is not going towards the community total.

I'll look into it right now. I've done it about 10 times so I am sure that this is how it works.

mreames
06-14-15, 02:22 PM
I think this is key. People seem to be freaking out about the mini goals when you just get a barrel or a cork and some coins from completing those. I'm not sweating the mini goals. I figure this is supposed to be FUN.

I don't know many people freaking out over the mini-goals. But a lot of us are still trying to accomplish them the way that is possible.... Even the person you quoted. ;)

lonerlexie
06-14-15, 02:30 PM

To me the point is that it does not matter. They will award the last prize no matter what we do.

kittensabc
06-14-15, 02:34 PM

Just confirmed the following numbers:
32,356 (x2)
32,628 (x3)

The counter advances every 2 minutes on even numbers, but depending on when your game syncs it will be several seconds later that you get pushed the updates. It looks like you counted at a four minute and a six minute interval because the current numbers are all in the 30k range (the numbers vary from day to day but they stay in the same range)

SpiritWind00
06-14-15, 02:34 PM
I don't know many people freaking out over the mini-goals. But a lot of us are still trying to accomplish them the way that is possible.... Even the person you quoted. ;)

Especially the person quoted! Haha! I'm sitting at 29 corks, 31 barrels at level 4 still. resisting the urge to just 'finish' and enjoying the journey. I must say that the anticipation of waiting and seeing what drops when I collect from the Vineyard Estate is still fun. I'm willing the double drop of 1 c/b each every time (yes I know, I'm the ultimate optimist) :)

kittensabc
06-14-15, 02:37 PM
Especially the person quoted! Haha! I'm sitting at 29 corks, 31 barrels at level 4 still. resisting the urge to just 'finish' and enjoying the journey. I must say that the anticipation of waiting and seeing what drops when I collect from the Vineyard Estate is still fun. I'm willing the double drop of 1 c/b each every time (yes I know, I'm the ultimate optimist) :)
I wish I was willing to wait! I am one drop from level 7 and ignoring the mini goals.

madeinseattle
06-14-15, 03:17 PM
The community counter is actually very simple. Every 2 minutes it picks a number form a short list of similar numbers (right now I believe the numbers are all in the 36k range, for the first prize they were in the 52k range) and adds it to the current number. That's all there is to it, and you can subtract the two numbers every 2 minutes if you want to verify this for yourself.

Thank you :)

madeinseattle
06-14-15, 03:22 PM
Lol glad you're happy, babe ;) at least my vineyard now looks like a complete building that isn't under construction. Lol

I'm not far behind you ..I'm thinking about putting out a few more farmhouses..btw..finally got to over 5000...YAY

mreames
06-14-15, 03:24 PM
Hahaha.... I didn't feel like I could say "especially" but you definitely can. ;)
Obviously I couldn't do anything about my first account (level 8 vineyard 3c/3b) but my 2nd account has a level 7 vineyard, haven't collected the adventures that have been waiting for days and still have "A Mother's Concern" as a new, unopened goal. I need 2 corks and 6 barrels to upgrade to level 8. I'll still wait a little longer before I trigger the mini-goal just to reduce the 4 vineyard collection minimum to something less. I might even wait until I know I can upgrade to 9. Lol
I was getting the 1 c/b for quite a while but got 2 corks each of the last 2 times. I've been one of the lucky ones, never had more than a 6 spread in either direction. But I also have been collecting from the vineyard diligently. That may have an affect. :)

mreames
06-14-15, 03:25 PM
I'm not far behind you ..I'm thinking about putting out a few more farmhouses..btw..finally got to over 5000...YAY

Congrats :) I'm sick of farmhouses already. Lol as you know I don't normally have any out. ;)

kingdomgirl1234
06-14-15, 03:48 PM
Just confirmed the following numbers:
32,356 (x2)
32,628 (x3)

The counter advances every 2 minutes on even numbers, but depending on when your game syncs it will be several seconds later that you get pushed the updates. It looks like you counted at a four minute and a six minute interval because the current numbers are all in the 30k range (the numbers vary from day to day but they stay in the same range)
At the current rate of 10% a day it will take just under 7 days to get the next prize (doghouse) and then we will only have 7 days to get the dog (need 10 days) guess we will be in the doghouse without the dog!

kittensabc
06-14-15, 03:55 PM
At the current rate of 10% a day it will take just under 7 days to get the next prize (doghouse) and then we will only have 7 days to get the dog (need 10 days) guess we will be in the doghouse without the dog!
Spot on. :) We will have only a portion of the time for the third prize that we had for the second one. The current numbers are in 30k, we might get up to 90k for the last one!

garysafb2
06-14-15, 04:21 PM
Does anyone know how many drops of c/b you get ay level 9. I see level 8 shows 3 drops but it doesn't show what level 9 gives.

mreames
06-14-15, 04:27 PM
Does anyone know how many drops of c/b you get ay level 9. I see level 8 shows 3 drops but it doesn't show what level 9 gives.

I don't know for sure but I'm going to guess it remains at 3. If all goes well, I'll know for sure in about... Oh.. 17 collections. Lol

garysafb2
06-14-15, 04:48 PM
I don't know for sure but I'm going to guess it remains at 3. If all goes well, I'll know for sure in about... Oh.. 17 collections. Lol

Thank you.. I have a few more than 17 collections before I find out. Pls lmk when you get there.

gsuiris
06-14-15, 04:57 PM
Does the skew happen in the exact same manner for most people? Currently almost everyone is having excess barrels and no corks to bottle up their wine...a while ago it was the other way round for all...maybe the game equalizes it intermittently for all at the same time..I don't know, am guessing based on past few comment...

I've had an excess of corks the entire time. The amount of excess has varied from 1-2, to double the amount.
Right now I have 14 more corks than barrels.

LavaMagic
06-14-15, 05:49 PM
My first collection from the kitten was xp, coins, milk, and a creep tooth.

nickiz09
06-14-15, 06:16 PM
I have 30 corks and no barrels... And get more corks than anything.. I have 3.5 days left to upgrade to 7. It's never gonna happen -.- UGH!!

Ash1780
06-14-15, 06:25 PM
I've been collecting fairly often esp. The last few nights (insomnia - a gift & a curse);) Anyway I was getting 1c/2b on every drop - I don't speed them up. Did a hard reboot & got 2c/1 or 2b I believe 2. Which puts me at 9c/19b but hopefully it'll start to even out. I'm slower than y'all only have 3,148 grapes but I got about half in the last two or three days - started out slow and with far fewer farmhouses (try saying that 3 times fast):p;)

Will keep some extra farmhouses & keep collecting if it goes towards the community goal. I mean what's the good of having a doghouse w/no dog? Not counting the kittens & pups I already have I want that adorable lil boxer:D

Wine & Kisses
Ash

I was getting the 1 c/b for quite a while but got 2 corks each of the last 2 times. I've been one of the lucky ones, never had more than a 6 spread in either direction. But I also have been collecting from the vineyard diligently. That may have an affect. :)

Ash1780
06-14-15, 07:39 PM
Will trade you corks for barrels. On Lvl 5 Vineyard and only getting corks; 30 at the moment and only 5 barrels. At this rate will never get to the Lvl 7 goal. Random is not fun :(

Oh honey I wish I could help you.:(
Have you tried doing a hard reboot on your device? It's worked for me and it can't hurt - just a thought

I still think we should be able to trade and/or gift corks & barrels during the event - they're ours, we should be able do what we want with them:rolleyes:
BUT...

I believe that we are being set up for an extension of the event.
You my dear are not only intelligent, but completely correct - I can tell this ain't your first CS Rodeo;)
Sometime within the last five days (I'm being generous b/c 2-3 days is more likely) they'll offer us a "package" deal featuring corks, barrels & possibly grapes. Also possibly some sort of decorative items that we either already were given and/or can already buy.
And it'll all be at the "discount" price of approximately $15-20 (maybe less) RL $$$ but hope for the best & prepare for the worst, right?
And the worst part is that some people will be desperate enough to buy it - I'm not judging, I was that desperate on one challenge but it was closer to $5.
It's just another way for them to get more money from us. But they can only get it if we spend it;)

Corks & Barrels to y'all
Ash

mreames
06-14-15, 07:50 PM
Just one little correction ;) the barrel gives 3 grapes per whack for a total of 15 grapes. :) if you don't destroy it, you won't be able to store it either. Untouched, it can be stored.

IMPORTANT (kinda): and from each whack of a barrel (5 altogether if you destroy it)

morsith
06-14-15, 09:57 PM
Complaining about getting more barrels worked! I now have enough corks to level up to 4. Do I do it now or wait? I have read the discussions about this and am more confused than ever.

Thanks for any advice. I was worried about getting grapes asi was slow starting, then had two back to back relays for cancer which took up the weekend. I have a herbal retreat coming up next weekend and will be gone 3 days so was anxious about timing. Seems to be coming along and actually getting more than I thought. I sometimes don't have time to get the last prize but think it is possible this time.

level up the second you can. Higher level vineyards drop more grapes and more corks/barrels

reliquary
06-14-15, 11:54 PM
It's been proven from other timed community events....the % counter for the community prizes is a sham and a TL hoax.
The amounts shown in the window have absolutely nothing to do with the ACTUAL amount all CS players have amassed.

If you have reached your 4000 grapes, put away your farmhouses...no amount of extra collection will actually add to the community totals.

Sad but true.....

TwinklingSkies
06-15-15, 12:34 AM
I GOT MY CAT YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. This is also my first time ever reaching the final goal also YAYYYYY😆😆😆😆😆. Before I didn't care but the cat just sucked me in lol. On the downside accidentally spent 20 gems on energy 😡😡😡😡. Hate the stupid gem suck they did though it was not as bad as the time I spent 99 gems by accident on the castle. Lol I was so upset I wanted to quit and never play again. It feels so good to redecorate my kingdom now :D. Do you guys think we'll reach community goal though? I feel like we're behind and also is the final prize a pig or a dog? It sorta looks ugly but I'll still take it 😆

mymummy789
06-15-15, 12:52 AM
Why is this event so complicated? I have so many goals running in tandem I don't know what I am doing!!! And I only have 2 corks but 16 barrels (just in case moaning about this makes magic happen!!)

camber16
06-15-15, 01:08 AM
How many grapes is it for the kitty? Im only at 2005 grapes :(

TwinklingSkies
06-15-15, 01:32 AM
4000 grapes

camber16
06-15-15, 01:56 AM
Eeek...I should just be able to do it by the end then.

Simdiva
06-15-15, 03:46 AM
I never really looked at this till it was too late and was already in too deep as they say. In addition, I really didn't have room for more than one or two farmhouses over the long haul and nor did I want to abandon my other goals so I gulped when I saw street smarts come along with the others and prayed. It seems I was lucky as I did not really push the grapes, the only thing I did was buy an extra masher at the very start before they were shown as a reward and glad I did. I am now sitting on exactly 2500 grapes so I guess I am on track to finish for the grey kitten and I have one barrel to go to get to level eight which came rather quickly as I only got to seven late Saturday. That leaves me about three days to get to nine which I believe should be doable without gems unless my barrels and corks get screwy but so far have been relatively balanced. I have my runs of cork but then they are offset by barrel runs so it's all good. I'm loving my vineyard although as a level 24 player with space at a premium I am trying to expand quickly. The jousting arena and Pepe came up at the same time, working on the arena but Pepe is gonna wait a awhile, I saw stuff needed especially coin and although I can generate coin fairly fast 500k is a lot of carrots lol. I will be glad when this event is over if only I can quit making so many feasts and swords!

kingdomgirl1234
06-15-15, 04:03 AM
Has anyone noticed that the math on the community counter is wrong. The amount of grapes required for the dog house is 610000000 (amount collected 304335348 + amount needed 305664652) if you divide the amount collected by total amount required 304335348/610000000 = 49.89% but counter says 34%

kittensabc
06-15-15, 06:02 AM
Has anyone noticed that the math on the community counter is wrong. The amount of grapes required for the dog house is 610000000 (amount collected 304335348 + amount needed 305664652) if you divide the amount collected by total amount required 304335348/610000000 = 49.89% but counter says 34%

You need to subtract something from the counter to account for the first prize. The percent is the percent of the total amount for the second prize that they have given us out of the total amount needed for the second prize.

ConnectFire611
06-15-15, 07:24 AM
Can you make a new craft for corks because every collection I always seem to get barrels I wouldn't even care if it takes 6 hours as then at least it would be reliable.

dragonspearls
06-15-15, 08:29 AM
I hit 4000 grapes and the final individual prize last night. Made a couple more collections before going to bed and again this morning before putting my extra farm houses away. Still collecting of course to work toward the community prizes, and waiting on corks and barrels for upgrades (have everything else needed). My vineyard is at level 7 and will be staying this way for awhile apparently as I have 5 barrels and no corks (the opposite of what I've been experiencing up until late yesterday). Egad, the sheer randomness and screwiness of these drops is annoying and frustrating.

dragonspearls
06-15-15, 08:33 AM
Can you make a new craft for corks because every collection I always seem to get barrels I wouldn't even care if it takes 6 hours as then at least it would be reliable.

I like this idea. With my major grape collecting done, I'm willing to expend the time and energy to craft corks and barrels from wood. Have a bunch of trees taking up valuable real estate right now too. Make 1 or 2 corks/barrels for a 3 hour craft (kind of match the vineyard collection). A reliable source of these needed items would be greatly appreciated. Please consider this S8!!

anurulz
06-15-15, 09:00 AM
I like this idea. With my major grape collecting done, I'm willing to expend the time and energy to craft corks and barrels from wood. Have a bunch of trees taking up valuable real estate right now too. Make 1 or 2 corks/barrels for a 3 hour craft (kind of match the vineyard collection). A reliable source of these needed items would be greatly appreciated. Please consider this S8!!

Its a brilliant idea but i doubt it will happen..in fact am expecting a "bundle" by next thursday for corks/barrels costing actual money..

jaymieb2
06-15-15, 10:40 AM
During this challenge, I have hatched my first dragon, collected scales, quested (and crafted) the day and night glimmerswords, and just now defeated and arrested Griselda.

I have 2055 grapes (with 14 days to go, I will easily hit 4000) and am on level 7 of the vinyard - currently waiting for barrels so I can level up (6 barrels, 18 corks).

Side note - I have one kitchen and two farmhouses, and I have not gemmed through anything deliberately (I did hit a trap - I think it was for Ivy's Cottage - so i am one grape up.

Only having two farmhouses makes things more challenging in the beginning, but I wasn't counting on farmhouses for grapes. The bulk of my grape collection comes from my vineyard. I will make it to the final individual prize, and depending on random drop rate, I expect to upgrade my vinyard to level 10 by the end of the event.

Good luck, everybody! :-)

ghjvcucjb
06-15-15, 11:27 AM
Finished! No gems (on purpose anyways), and surprisingly no carpal tunnel! Thank you TL, I really liked the pace of this one.

I know everyone here said it didn't matter if we continued to help adding to the community pot but I will remain in the grape trenches with my fellow CS players. Good luck everyone!

Rockylandia
06-15-15, 12:11 PM
The great thing about level 8 is that, with the triple drops, you seem to get at least one of each item per drop. So you end up with twice as many barrels as corks, for example, but at least you're getting corks - unlike early levels, where you might get twenty of one thing in a row and zero of the other. Is this the common experience, or do some people keep getting triple drops of all one thing?

scotslassuk
06-15-15, 01:43 PM
Am really struggling to upgrade my vineyard nearly lvl7 will I still be able to upgrade even if I run out off time?? Appreciate any answers tnx

burritosprings
06-15-15, 02:10 PM
Am really struggling to upgrade my vineyard nearly lvl7 will I still be able to upgrade even if I run out off time?? Appreciate any answers tnx

With Gems

DaybysPlace
06-15-15, 02:15 PM
I have a question about #7 I got grapes.
The capture Grape stealing Bandits Adventure, I can not find the adventure. There is hunt roaming Bandits, explore dark caves, etc. But capture Grape stealing Bandits is not there. Where can I find it? Thank you

My ID: Daybysplace

meme1098
06-15-15, 02:28 PM
I have a question about #7 I got grapes.
The capture Grape stealing Bandits Adventure, I can not find the adventure. There is hunt roaming Bandits, explore dark caves, etc. But capture Grape stealing Bandits is not there. Where can I find it? Thank you

My ID: Daybysplace

You want to go on Hunt Roaming Bandits.

scotslassuk
06-15-15, 02:35 PM
With Gems

Well guess I won't be levelling it up then as I refuse to pay gems been scammed enough😡
Thank you for answering so fast

mreames
06-15-15, 02:48 PM
Well guess I won't be levelling it up then as I refuse to pay gems been scammed enough��
Thank you for answering so fast

You still have 2 weeks without paying gems though.

scotslassuk
06-15-15, 03:19 PM
That's very true👍will keep harvesting those 🍇have to say hasn't put me off my glass off 🍷at weekend lol tnx again for your help.......cheers all🍷🍷

ktorewqas
06-15-15, 03:27 PM
The great thing about level 8 is that, with the triple drops, you seem to get at least one of each item per drop. So you end up with twice as many barrels as corks, for example, but at least you're getting corks - unlike early levels, where you might get twenty of one thing in a row and zero of the other. Is this the common experience, or do some people keep getting triple drops of all one thing?
I got 2 corks and 1 barrel each time, so far, only collected 3 times, will know it after 10 collection lol obviously, I need barrels :(

88silver
06-15-15, 03:57 PM
It looks like they increased the rate of the community timer. I just had five observations of:

218,257 once
220,091 twice
221,926 twice

hlndragon1
06-15-15, 04:05 PM
If you have reached your 4000 grapes, put away your farmhouses...no amount of extra collection will actually add to the community totals.

Sad but true.....

Do any of the moderators know if this is true?

mreames
06-15-15, 04:51 PM
Do any of the moderators know if this is true?

I don't know but the day that we go through all of this trouble and don't make it, is the day I quit participating in the events.

FrostyFrida
06-15-15, 05:13 PM
I am at lvl 4, struggling hard against the urge to level up- seems like I should have A LOT of corks&barrels before I do... Still two more weeks.. Hope to get there in the end �� It must be doable without spending gems?!?

scotslassuk
06-15-15, 05:18 PM
Well I am struggling at lvl6 and refuse to use gems so they will either need to increase the drops or increase the length off this quest!! I swear its so tedious and I really don't want to fail but my nose is never off the game!! And am going nowhere fast!!!

KadeeDid
06-15-15, 05:46 PM
I've had an excess of corks the entire time. The amount of excess has varied from 1-2, to double the amount.
Right now I have 14 more corks than barrels.

I was getting barrels, then finally started getting only corks. At level 4, I started getting 2 corks and no barrels. Now, I have started getting 1 of each. About twice as man corks stocked up though.

cnlsmommy
06-15-15, 05:59 PM
Just lost 20 gems to a gem trap that ice diligently been saving up :mad: ready to scream!

PrincessCupOButter
06-15-15, 06:23 PM
Finally reached level 8 this morning! Currently need 24 barrels and 19 corks for level 9 and one and a half days to get them in time to complete A Mother's Concern. At this point, I believe she is right to be concerned. :-( I'm at least feeling more hopeful about reaching level 10 in time, thanks to the triple drops.
I sure wish I a) hadn't triggered that goal prematurely and b) hadn't gone ahead and paid the coins. I don't need them at all, didn't even notice they were gone until I read it here on the forum. It just feels like a waste though.

TastyCakeBakery
06-15-15, 07:22 PM
It would be nice if each time we visited a neighbor, they would randomly drop grapes or whatever the timed events are for. It might help with adding friends to the game. Right now, I might even settle for a sale on gems.

mreames
06-15-15, 07:27 PM
Lol on this account, I have 5 hours to get 33 more pieces. Ummm, not gonna happen. ;) but I've really known that all along. I kind of wish I hadn't paid the money either.

Finally reached level 8 this morning! Currently need 24 barrels and 19 corks for level 9 and one and a half days to get them in time to complete A Mother's Concern. At this point, I believe she is right to be concerned. :-( I'm at least feeling more hopeful about reaching level 10 in time, thanks to the triple drops.
I sure wish I a) hadn't triggered that goal prematurely and b) hadn't gone ahead and paid the coins. I don't need them at all, didn't even notice they were gone until I read it here on the forum. It just feels like a waste though.

Ash1780
06-15-15, 07:52 PM
Oopsie!!!
Thanks for catching that one for me:D

Just one little correction ;) the barrel gives 3 grapes per whack for a total of 15 grapes. :) if you don't destroy it, you won't be able to store it either. Untouched, it can be stored.

Ash1780
06-15-15, 08:09 PM
I'm with you hon - stuck on Lv8 w/19 corks & 27 barrels. I have 2 days to get it done but the only way I get 2c/1b is if I wait the full 3 hrs to collect from the Vineyard. I know I'll probably make it, but I'm still anxious.
On a positive note I should finish with my grapes tomorrow - I REALLY want that cute lil kitty;D
AND I finished the Ivy skunk pie challenge & got back some gems yay!

OK so do our grapes still count towards the community goal or not after we hit 4,000??? I'm so confused:confused:

Grapes & Luck to you
Ash

8hat
06-15-15, 08:27 PM
Over-achievers please do not mock me, but I have just upgraded to lvl 7 and triggered A Mothers Concern and Time to Celebrate which is updating vineyard to 9 & 10. I have over 3000 grapes so I do think maybe I'll get the goods on time. :)

On a side note, I started this event two days late because I was on vacation enjoying the spoils of Universal Studios Orlando (Harry Potter Diagonal Alley!!) so I collected like twice in the first two days but I saw that original 25 days and was like...'we can so totally do this with that much time' and I still think we can. We're still good, people...many days left. Good luck to all who haven't had it yet.

mreames
06-15-15, 09:14 PM
Lol no problem ;) I used mine to get the last ones that put me over 4000. ;)

Oopsie!!!
Thanks for catching that one for me:D

kittensabc
06-15-15, 09:18 PM
Looks like TeamLava changed the counter to go up ~220k grapes every two minutes (over the weekend it was 30k) so expect some very fast progress on that doghouse.

idrispad
06-15-15, 11:03 PM
Anyone who doubts that the "community total" is not the actual number of grapes collected by the community need only look at the amounts posted by people who have checked. If it were actuall collections, there would not be multiple repeats of the same number when the increase per 2 minutes is calculated.

ShibuyaCloth
06-15-15, 11:36 PM
Anyone who doubts that the "community total" is not the actual number of grapes collected by the community need only look at the amounts posted by people who have checked. If it were actuall collections, there would not be multiple repeats of the same number when the increase per 2 minutes is calculated.

Actually to check the total count of grapes each 2 minutes can be an overload for the server, therefore it could also be that every day an average is calculated based on the current stand and progress. This value is then assigned as a fix increment for the next 24 hours.

nightmare325
06-15-15, 11:45 PM
No, no mocking...i didnt start late & i'm only at level 6 with 6 barrels and 18 corks. Street smarts & i got grapes have started.i had bandits ready, but a hiccup occured, and my collection didn't count, so i have to make yet another hearty feast. Hopefully, my vineyard will even out a bit and give more barrels...sooner than later.

Over-achievers please do not mock me, but I have just upgraded to lvl 7 and triggered A Mothers Concern and Time to Celebrate which is updating vineyard to 9 & 10. I have over 3000 grapes so I do think maybe I'll get the goods on time. :)

On a side note, I started this event two days late because I was on vacation enjoying the spoils of Universal Studios Orlando (Harry Potter Diagonal Alley!!) so I collected like twice in the first two days but I saw that original 25 days and was like...'we can so totally do this with that much time' and I still think we can. We're still good, people...many days left. Good luck to all who haven't had it yet.

anurulz
06-16-15, 01:52 AM
I just updated to level 7..currently have 20 barrels and zero corks....sheesh!!!

priscillasp
06-16-15, 03:15 AM
After the vineyard is completed will it drop anything or is is just are decoration?

Liloze
06-16-15, 03:30 AM
I really do wish S8 would stop those community events, because I am getting absolutely bored out of my mind!
I am not even caring if I level up or not. If I get the kitty or not. If I achieve the timed goals or not.
These events might work for Games like DS, but not for CS.
I am sure most of the players are starting to get bored with random drops, spending energy on collecting collecting collecting, while glitches occur, and finally get useless deco, with NO SPACE to place them on the board.
I have been playing for 3 years now, never been this dissatisfied :(
Please Some expansions, and back to the storyline!
I accept one update/ month or even two but at least let's keep CS as it was!
I am not liking where this game is heading!

VanaCatu
06-16-15, 03:52 AM
After the vineyard is completed will it drop anything or is is just are decoration?

see post#2:

Level 10: 380-410 coins, 1-2xp, random drops of 1-3 coal, 1-3 water, 1-2 sugar, 1-2 purple petal, 1 jewels, 1-2 strawberries. One to several of the different random drops.

chaben7
06-16-15, 05:04 AM
What does the dog do anyway, does anybody know?

idrispad
06-16-15, 05:13 AM
Actually to check the total count of grapes each 2 minutes can be an overload for the server, therefore it could also be that every day an average is calculated based on the current stand and progress. This value is then assigned as a fix increment for the next 24 hours.

On theory, yes, but it isn't one single fixed increment per day it is one out of several fixed increments.

VanaCatu
06-16-15, 05:14 AM
What does the dog do anyway, does anybody know?

how can anybody know? :) the dog is 3rd community prize, and we didn't yet unlocked even 2nd one.

so, untill we all together won't reach required qtty of grapes, no one gets the dog, even gems won't help :)

litab16
06-16-15, 05:31 AM
I've given up on trying to upgrade the Vineyard estate. I get a barrel once every third or fourth drop from the estate, even though I am at level 6. With 15 required I doubt I'll get to level 7 in time for this challenge. It is ridiculous to give a timed challenge and then make the drops so infrequent.

I do play world events on Dragon Story, but I don't remember any event that had timed challenges with random drops so infrequently.

I'm really beginning to hate this game. Any game that makes it impossible to meet timed challenges with random drops is not worth my time.

meme1098
06-16-15, 06:04 AM
I've given up on trying to upgrade the Vineyard estate. I get a barrel once every third or fourth drop from the estate, even though I am at level 6. With 15 required I doubt I'll get to level 7 in time for this challenge. It is ridiculous to give a timed challenge and then make the drops so infrequent.

I do play world events on Dragon Story, but I don't remember any event that had timed challenges with random drops so infrequently.

I'm really beginning to hate this game. Any game that makes it impossible to meet timed challenges with random drops is not worth my time.

With drops of coal, water, jewels & strawberries, I really don't care if I get to level 10 or not. Now if the building actually would craft wine, then I'd be working like you know what to get it done...lol
Why, oh why, can't it be a crafting building S8????? The grape vines we have could drop grapes every day, then press them in the grape press for several hours. Then the actual building to craft the wine. You missed the boat big time, S8.

mreames
06-16-15, 06:29 AM
Th pyre event was a really well designed event, I think. I don't remember all of the details now but it seems like it had a lot more facets to it. I agree that endless collecting for 3.5 weeks doesn't cut it.... Well except that it does seem to be a cut and paste mold for these events lately. In fact, I refuse to do nothing but collect for the whole time. I don't think everything necessarily needs to be storyline always, just more than continuous collecting for unrewarding rewards. There's always going to be some randomness, probably.

I really do wish S8 would stop those community events, because I am getting absolutely bored out of my mind!
I am not even caring if I level up or not. If I get the kitty or not. If I achieve the timed goals or not.
I am sure most of the players are starting to get bored with random drops, spending energy on collecting collecting collecting, while glitches occur, and finally get useless deco, with NO SPACE to place them on the board.

kittensabc
06-16-15, 06:31 AM
This is something I considered and discarded, for several reasons.

-First and foremost, it would be illogical for the counter NOT to be manipulated. Think about it. It is impossible to know how many grapes the community will actually collect over a given timeframe, I doubt that they even have an accurate count of the number of active players. For this reasons it makes more sense to simply have the appearance of a community counter.

-No community event in any game in the history of Story games has ever not achieved all 3 prizes.

-The different values that are used didn't actually change prior to this event, so based on past events it is reasonable to assume that they have kept the same system but made it more complicated.

-As someone else pointed out, it is not one number but a range of numbers that are repeated.

-Finally, logical reasons. The first numbers were in the range of 50k for the first several days. After we got the first prize the numbers plummeted to 30k per 2 minutes, including over the weekend. Now, even though large numbers of people have likely finished as of yesterday, we have inexplicably jumped to 220k.

I agree that it is possible that they may be using actual numbers as a baseline for what to add every 2 minutes (at least initially, now they seem to be playing catchup), but that doesn't change the fact that the counter is being manipulated. And, frankly, I am happy that it is. It would be a huge mess if they left it in our hands.

mreames
06-16-15, 06:41 AM
I agree that it's not something people should be upset about and that it only makes sense. I'd be more likely to be upset if we didn't get the final prize in these events, after all of the time spent collecting.

This is something I considered and discarded, for several reasons.

-First and foremost, it would be illogical for the counter NOT to be manipulated. Think about it. It is impossible to know how many grapes the community will actually collect over a given timeframe, I doubt that they even have an accurate count of the number of active players. For this reasons it makes more sense to simply have the appearance of a community counter.

-No community event in any game in the history of Story games has ever not achieved all 3 prizes.

-The different values that are used didn't actually change prior to this event, so based on past events it is reasonable to assume that they have kept the same system but made it more complicated.

-As someone else pointed out, it is not one number but a range of numbers that are repeated.

-Finally, logical reasons. The first numbers were in the range of 50k for the first several days. After we got the first prize the numbers plummeted to 30k per 2 minutes, including over the weekend. Now, even though large numbers of people have likely finished as of yesterday, we have inexplicably jumped to 220k.

I agree that it is possible that they may be using actual numbers as a baseline for what to add every 2 minutes (at least initially, now they seem to be playing catchup), but that doesn't change the fact that the counter is being manipulated. And, frankly, I am happy that it is. It would be a huge mess if they left it in our hands.

Liloze
06-16-15, 07:02 AM
Th pyre event was a really well designed event, I think. I don't remember all of the details now but it seems like it had a lot more facets to it. I agree that endless collecting for 3.5 weeks doesn't cut it.... Well except that it does seem to be a cut and paste mold for these events lately. In fact, I refuse to do nothing but collect for the whole time. I don't think everything necessarily needs to be storyline always, just more than continuous collecting for unrewarding rewards. There's always going to be some randomness, probably.

Hey there :)
You said it better than me :) I don't want to spend my time collecting either.
I am not asking for every update to bestoryline, was not my intention, apologies if it sounded like this :o
I even went to accept updates to be every 2 months, but with significant and worthy results.
I don't mind something like Sinister Sister lol :p
At least then I was excited! Now? not so much lol ;)

Liloze
06-16-15, 07:08 AM
With drops of coal, water, jewels & strawberries, I really don't care if I get to level 10 or not. Now if the building actually would craft wine, then I'd be working like you know what to get it done...lol
Why, oh why, can't it be a crafting building S8????? The grape vines we have could drop grapes every day, then press them in the grape press for several hours. Then the actual building to craft the wine. You missed the boat big time, S8.

Couldn't agree more!
They could've also added some use for wood by adding Cut Cork to the workshop!
i.e. wood x 10 / Water x 10 / Glue ( simple or whatever) x 2 etc...
Added Colored glass bottles to make us use the different dyes we have maxed out since ages : Red Dye x 2 / Water x 5/ Glimmerdust or adding those Manties whiskers and potions we aren't using to the mix!

kingdomgirl1234
06-16-15, 08:20 AM
I have been playing for 3 years now, never been this
I have to disagree, I am at level 50 and no goals except to expand everything and get all items to 99. So am really enjoying the challenge despitee the random bs &Cs. I have enough to level to 7 (currently at level 4) but waiting to have enough to level up to 8 before triggering the timed challenges. I agree some of the decorations aren't great but love the cat and it gives stuff! So I say keep the challenges for those that want to do them but also add some new storylines. How about reaching the glass temple thing (past where the glimmer gate was.

mreames
06-16-15, 08:40 AM
I don't think we are saying there shouldn't be events like these at all. Just a return to the more creative events (like the pyre event) that involve more than just collecting the same thing over and over and over and over again. ;)

I have to disagree, I am at level 50 and no goals except to expand everything and get all items to 99. So am really enjoying the challenge despitee the random bs &Cs. I have enough to level to 7 (currently at level 4) but waiting to have enough to level up to 8 before triggering the timed challenges. I agree some of the decorations aren't great but love the cat and it gives stuff! So I say keep the challenges for those that want to do them but also add some new storylines. How about reaching the glass temple thing (past where the glimmer gate was.

ShibuyaCloth
06-16-15, 08:48 AM
On theory, yes, but it isn't one single fixed increment per day it is one out of several fixed increments.

You add a small random factor to add some fluctuation.

Liloze
06-16-15, 08:51 AM

At level 50 for ages now myself, with almost everything maxed out, expanded totally, except for one square to keep on getting permits, I am not enjoying this event at all.
I do not want to spend my gaming time collecting grapes! Or Corn or Tulips -shivers -lol ;)

I have my vineyard at level 7 and I don't care for its drops once level 10. If its only Jewels,strawberries water etc...

I will get my kitty tomorrow or the day after, at the most, whether it drops something or not.

As mreames said, they could have been more creative about this event.
But collecting the same thing for 25 days! Don't see the fun in that!
So we agree to disagree :)

PrincessCupOButter
06-16-15, 09:07 AM
I don't think we are saying there shouldn't be events like these at all. Just a return to the more creative events (like the pyre event) that involve more than just collecting the same thing over and over and over and over again. ;)

Exactly! The pyre event gave extra goals to work on while collecting, and they were timed but didn't all trigger at once! Unfortunately, the prizes were all huge decorations. :(
The Halloween event has given the most useful rewards by far IMO.
What I'd love to see is expansions, core storyline, and new trades in the royal exchange, using up some of the items upper level players stay maxed on. Yes, iOS players got daily trades, but they require useful items for no real return and not even a trade ticket for your trouble. (Really no reason to be jealous of those!)

Back on topic......I'm not totally sick of grapes yet, but I did store several farmhouses, regardless of how the counter works, the lvl 8 vineyard makes up for the loss of those few extra grapes and frees up some energy. I'm at 4950 grapes and counting. I really don't mind having community events, even though most of my prizes live in storage. (I'd love to know how many square feet that cellar must be! Lol) But I'm more curious to know how the ruler got to the kingdom with no memory of the past? What is the connection between Belladonna and Grizelda? Is the Baron really a baron, or just a fraud? And exactly what is that glass 'temple' thingy?

mreames
06-16-15, 09:11 AM
I actually consider the dragons from the pyre event to be more than decorations. :) granted I've been full of dragon scales for a long time but they still drop swords and armor from time to time, as well as +5 energy and even 2 gems. ;) I collect from them every day. :)

Exactly! The pyre event gave extra goals to work on while collecting, and they were timed but didn't all trigger at once! Unfortunately, the prizes were all huge decorations. :(
What I'd love to see is expansions, core storyline, and new trades in the royal exchange, using up some of the items upper level players stay maxed on. Yes, iOS players got daily trades, but they require useful items for no real return and not even a trade permit for your trouble. (Really no reason to be jealous of those!)

Back on topic......I'm not totally sick of grapes yet, but I did store several farmhouses, regardless of how the counter works, the lvl 8 vineyard makes up for the loss of those few extra grapes and frees up some energy. I'm at 4950 grapes and counting. I really don't mind having community events, even though most of my prizes live in storage. (I'd love to know how many square feet that cellar must be! Lol) But I'm more curious to know how the ruler got to the kingdom with no memory of the past? What is the connection between Belladonna and Grizelda? Is the Baron really a baron, or just a fraud? And exactly what is that glass 'temple' thingy?

PrincessCupOButter
06-16-15, 09:18 AM
I actually consider the dragons from the pyre event to be more than decorations. :) granted I've been full of dragon scales for a long time but they still drop swords and armor from time to time, as well as +5 energy and even 2 gems. ;) I collect from them every day. :)

My apologies! I was confusing the pyre event with the pyre festival, the summer community event with the big pepto tent.
I forgot about the pyre event, because I leveled up several days after it started and barely got in on it. I was one of the lucky ones with random drops and got all 3 eggs, but it took me a few months to collect the diamonds to hatch the last one. Yes! That was a fun one and I love my dragons. :) Even though I'm maxed on scales too. (A royal exchange trade using those would be excellent! Lol)

katbtodd
06-16-15, 09:24 AM

Can't believe I made it with two hours to spare, and it give me a cork, I need barrels
Laughing here
Onward to level 10

mreames
06-16-15, 09:27 AM
Congrats! Not many people can say that yet. ;)

Can't believe I made it with two hours to spare, and it give me a cork, I need barrels
Laughing here
Onward to level 10

anurulz
06-16-15, 09:27 AM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20949[/ATTACH?

Laughing here
Onward to level 10

I wish i cud trade u ur corks for my barrels..am batting at 22 barrels with 0 corks...

AnniePMH
06-16-15, 09:33 AM

Laughing here
Onward to level 10

Wonderfully played!:o

PrincessCupOButter
06-16-15, 09:36 AM

Laughing here
Onward to level 10

Congratulations!

scotslassuk
06-16-15, 09:49 AM
Congratulations!
Well played and well done!! Only just reached lvl7 so doubt if I will finish this quest in time😭😭

AnniePMH
06-16-15, 09:55 AM

The Vineyard Estate lev 10 drops multiple items, on most collections. You get 1-3 of sugar, coal, jewels, purple petals, water and/or strawberries. And coins+xp, of course... I know several players don't think much of these drops, but I think it's brilliant with multiple drops of things that I use all the time, even as a high level player. I still get a rush collecting 3 sugars from the Estate...:D Rare drops are wonderful, but ordinary drops can be quite lovely too!

CharmOfLea
06-16-15, 10:09 AM
Is there anybody else shivering at the sight of this goal? Mother's Concern in my mind goes straight to Mother's Mercy. And since Sunday evening that equals trauma. Be still my heart. :o

BTW I like grapes and decided not to ruin them for myself. So on the second event's day I stored all my farmhouses. Took the chance of collecting only from the grape press, vineyard and adventures. I've been upgrading the vineyard as soon as possible to take advantage of the increased drops. My numbers predict I'll get the cat with a few days to spare. The side timed goals provide an unnoticeable advantage, I can't care less about them. Still they worked out for me.

I'm sharing my new strategy because this time around I'm not wiling to run mindlessly in endless circles of repetitive collection of a single item for 3 weeks. If we could have done/made/crafted/discovered anything else it would have been more engaging for me. Whenever I can, I check in every 3 h and wait for the community counter to do its thing. And grapes remain a beautiful sight. :) Good luck from me for whichever strategy you've bet on!

DaybysPlace
06-16-15, 10:30 AM
Thank you for your help.

Aggwynn
06-16-15, 11:00 AM
Snow! :(

Liloze
06-16-15, 11:15 AM

Laughing here
Onward to level 10

Congracts and well done, barely made it myself to level 7 yesterday before time runs out.
But I have only 3 days to reach level 9...
Not gonna happen lol :o

Liloze
06-16-15, 11:17 AM
The Vineyard Estate lev 10 drops multiple items, on most collections. You get 1-3 of sugar, coal, jewels, purple petals, water and/or strawberries. And coins+xp, of course... I know several players don't think much of these drops, but I think it's brilliant with multiple drops of things that I use all the time, even as a high level player. I still get a rush collecting 3 sugars from the Estate...:D Rare drops are wonderful, but ordinary drops can be quite lovely too!

Ah yes the sugar is always welcome ;) lol

VanaCatu
06-16-15, 11:37 AM

http://smayli.ru/data/smiles/udivlenie-373.gif

ghjvcucjb
06-16-15, 11:50 AM

"???????

CharmOfLea
06-16-15, 11:51 AM

:( :( :(

AnniePMH
06-16-15, 11:53 AM

http://smayli.ru/data/smiles/udivlenie-373.gif

"???????

Lolol, will it help if all grapes are already harvested? No, probably not against this kind of frostbite...LOL!:eek::D

ceci_ar
06-16-15, 11:54 AM
:( :( :(

:'( still crying

kittensabc
06-16-15, 11:59 AM
Oh dear! I'm going to take my 4000 grapes and hide them in the castle basement!

ghjvcucjb
06-16-15, 12:49 PM
SNIP for brevity

IMHO the best event of all time was the Original Pink Valentine event. Nothing has ever come close to how awesome, fun and amazing that time period was.

Back to topic, I enjoyed this one much more than the corn one. That one actually caused me physical pain by way of carpal tunnel and tennis elbow. To this day I hate planting corn. The pacing of this event was perfect. If you were *** ho then you could finish on time. If you wanted to take a more leisurely attitude there's still plenty of time.

dyl625
06-16-15, 01:04 PM
So I still don't have enough barrels to upgrade to level 7. I only have 8 but I do have 27 corks. I missed the goal deadline. 😢

VanaCatu
06-16-15, 01:10 PM
If you were *** ho then you could finish on time. If you wanted to take a more leisurely attitude there's still plenty of time.
/*whispering*/ i agree. i'm +/-new to events (android isn't in priority for u.s. developers), but i was curious previouse time why r people in such a rush, when i can get it w/o special measures... and this time too, i'm confused. i'm definitely late, not coz i'm lazy, but coz i have no time, especially in the summer. but i'm still in line. just checking guide, and not doing any steps leading to timed goals until i have everything i need...

PrincessCupOButter
06-16-15, 01:12 PM
IMHO the best event of all time was the Original Pink Valentine event. Nothing has ever come close to how awesome, fun and amazing that time period was.

Back to topic, I enjoyed this one much more than the corn one. That one actually caused me physical pain by way of carpal tunnel and tennis elbow. To this day I hate planting corn. The pacing of this event was perfect. If you were *** ho then you could finish on time. If you wanted to take a more leisurely attitude there's still plenty of time.

Unfortunately I started playing too late for any Valentines events, since we didn't really have one this year. I started playing in March of 2014 and wish I'd found the game sooner....seems like I missed the glory days. :(

There have been many individual goals and events I've enjoyed that gave great rewards, and so on that note, I will qualify my choice of the H'ween event for best prizes by saying it gave the best rewards of any of the WORLD/COMMUNITY events that have occurred SINCE I've been playing. And by that I mean we got the cauldron, Drakula cow, and the spooky tree, all of which drop useful items. Yes, I hated picking and planting corn, but not as much as breaking rocks for oversized deco. (Summer Pyre festival)

I am currently halfway to lvl 9 vineyard 15 corks/ 17 barrels. Unfortunately, the goal for level 9 will expire well before I get those. Thankfully it's not a goal that matters. (And I admit I'm feeling dumb, but I'm totally clueless about the jokes centering around A Mothers Concern the last few posts)

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-16-15, 01:25 PM
Let's make snow angels before the snowball fight gets too nutty! Lol :wink:

camber16
06-16-15, 01:39 PM

Its snow joke...
*Ill get my coat*

katbtodd
06-16-15, 02:15 PM

Snow? I hope not like to see some summer before it snow again

luna2cute
06-16-15, 03:04 PM

I know people as a species like to complain and some even like to cause drama, it's fulfilling somehow. No offence intended to anyone, just an observation about life in general, not just in games.

However, I like to think like Annie and other players as well in that even ordinary this can be wonderful. I like the events, they are creative, different and challenging. If it wasn't a challenge, I wouldn't play. No I don't get all the prizes and sometimes life steps in and I miss out on this I really would have liked to get in a game (eg: Egyptian dragons in DS, but I was in hospital for a month so missed it all), BUT I just tell myself it is merely a game. Entertainment.

what is entertainment supposed to be? FUN!!! :)

so if you are able or so inclined, put your troubles away and dive into the land of castle story and enjoy the grape picking and cork and barrel collecting, however off balance it may be. Games are fun and they can be if you let them bring you joy. They will only bring you misery if you allow them too.

Storm 8 does a great job with games, I've found no other company whose games I enjoy playing more. Excellent graphics, great story. Free to play. Option to buy stuff if you choose.

in my game I am a little princess and let my troubles slip away and enjoy talking with my friends. Goals missed? Yup. But nothing to cry about. After life has much more pain than a missed goal in a little game and I choose to enjoy my games as that is what they are intended for.

Share in the fun with me! And have a GRAPE day!!! ;)

Rockylandia
06-16-15, 04:20 PM
I don't know, while I like to think most people on these forums are having fun, everyone needs a safe place to vent about life's little frustrations. Who else would understand these specific grumblings? If I had a friend who wanted to vent about a mean boss or bad date, I wouldn't be much of a friend if I didn't hear them out. Sure, if it happens all the time I'd advise them to get a new job or date different people, but most people here just express frustration once or twice about their 15th cork in a row or whatever. Anyway, if people want to vent a little I'll be sympathetic.

doodledoo20000
06-16-15, 06:48 PM
Unfortunately I started playing too late for any Valentines events, since we didn't really have one this year. I started playing in March of 2014 and wish I'd found the game sooner....seems like I missed the glory days. :(

There have been many individual goals and events I've enjoyed that gave great rewards, and so on that note, I will qualify my choice of the H'ween event for best prizes by saying it gave the best rewards of any of the WORLD/COMMUNITY events that have occurred SINCE I've been playing. And by that I mean we got the cauldron, Drakula cow, and the spooky tree, all of which drop useful items. Yes, I hated picking and planting corn, but not as much as breaking rocks for oversized deco. (Summer Pyre festival)

I am currently halfway to lvl 9 vineyard 15 corks/ 17 barrels. Unfortunately, the goal for level 9 will expire well before I get those. Thankfully it's not a goal that matters. (And I admit I'm feeling dumb, but I'm totally clueless about the jokes centering around A Mothers Concern the last few posts)

You didn't miss the glory days. Yes, the Valentine's event was amazing and I wish everyone had the chance to get the Love Shack, but it was like one month of regular (good) updates. Otherwise months and months before and after with no updates at all. Super boring.

ToshiNoMiya
06-16-15, 10:11 PM
A Mother's Concern - is that quest optional, does anyone know?

Or in other words, will it be possible to still level up the Vineyard in the rest of the event if one can't level up to 9 by the time that sub-event ends?

I'm asking because currently, the Oak Barrel and Cork drops are lousy for me...

swstar
06-16-15, 10:43 PM
how is everyone so high on grapes? I am struggling and seem to be going backwards. I am collecting as much as I can but barely have 1,700...what else can I do? I feel this event has not had as many opportunities for collection...

mreames
06-16-15, 11:02 PM
Yes, it is optional and whether you make the timer or not, you will still have an opportunity to reach level 10. :)
Plenty of us won't make level 9 in time.

A Mother's Concern - is that quest optional, does anyone know?

Or in other words, will it be possible to still level up the Vineyard in the rest of the event if one can't level up to 9 by the time that sub-event ends?

I'm asking because currently, the Oak Barrel and Cork drops are lousy for me...

mreames
06-16-15, 11:03 PM
how is everyone so high on grapes? I am struggling and seem to be going backwards. I am collecting as much as I can but barely have 1,700...what else can I do? I feel this event has not had as many opportunities for collection...

Have you placed a lot of farmhouses? That's how most people are doing it.

29vanilla
06-16-15, 11:07 PM

So sorry you're having trouble. I've been though a few events and this time I played a little different. I crafted a few more farmhouses. Total of 8. I play ALL the time. Try to minimize collecting from anything unless it drops grapes. That is key. If you have wizard schools use those wisely. If you don't have any aim for 2 as time goes on.

Make sure to do adventures daily. I'm almost to 4000 so you should be fine. There's still 12 days. Just focus on only collecting grapes. Good luck!

swstar
06-16-15, 11:23 PM
yes thanks, I have 7 farms and have been setting a timer on my phone and everything...also been on adventures non stop, i even have 2 markets...i did give up on strawberries because i would get one in whole crop....i know there are still 12 days just feel behind with everyones posts.

SpiritWind00
06-17-15, 12:16 AM
1. Update from team on barrel and cork drop rates: Our feedback in relation to timing of the mini timed goals has been passed on to the development team. The drop rates and discrepancies in the no of corks vs barrels has also been passed on.

2. Update on the burning question of the counter: the feedback from the team about how it works is that the counter increases as the community collects more Grapes in the game.

3. I took the opportunity to also mention our need for more room. Not sure whether you all saw, but there was another post from TL earlier today that assures us that expansions are on the agenda! So, perhaps that might be this week or at least very soon.

4. I have no idea about the cryptic post that just says 'snow'.... ;) lol

jim23cash
06-17-15, 12:21 AM
1. Update from team on barrel and cork drop rates: Our feedback in relation to timing of the mini timed goals has been passed on to the development team. The drop rates and discrepancies in the no of corks vs barrels has also been passed on.

2. Update on the burning question of the counter: the feedback from the team about how it works is that the counter increases as the community collects more Grapes in the game.

3. I took the opportunity to also mention our need for more room. Not sure whether you all saw, but there was another post from TL earlier today that assures us that expansions are on the agenda! So, perhaps that might be this week or at least very soon.

Thanks Spirit Wind! :D

rosym47
06-17-15, 12:59 AM

Thank you. BTW is anyone finishing "A mothers concern" without using gems?

camber16
06-17-15, 02:00 AM
Im still in the 2500 grape count. Ive just built two more farmhouses taking me to 8 and upgraded the vineyard to level 7. I also work full time so can only collect a few times a day via my mobile when I have wifi. Dont stress too much, its possible to get the Kitty at our rate of progress.

idrispad
06-17-15, 02:03 AM

I notice that this doesn't actually say that the counter increases by the number of grapes collected by the community...

iLLUMI2012
06-17-15, 02:48 AM
yes thanks, I have 7 farms and have been setting a timer on my phone and everything...also been on adventures non stop, i even have 2 markets...i did give up on strawberries because i would get one in whole crop....i know there are still 12 days just feel behind with everyones posts.
I had three markets but they take too long to be ready, so I put them away.
I too gave up on strawberries except where the event or daily trades asked for them.
I decided to go with the Farmhouses as they're ready every 10 mins. So I built 18 of them.
Daily trades provide 10 grapes each time.
I use 2 gems to speed up the Vineyard Estate whenever I can so that I get the parts quicker and thus upgrade quicker and thus get more grapes from the vineyard.
My Pink Alicorn dropped 50 energy today which helped me do a few Farmhouse collections in 30 mins. :)
I started the event late by 5 days, as always, but I'm close to getting Chartreuse in a few days. Not sure about getting the vineyard fully upgraded. Might not get there in the remaining 13 days.

ait_vedan
06-17-15, 02:52 AM

Thank you! I've just upgraded to level 7 and if the droprate of barrels is a little bit better, I might even make it to level 9 before the time runs out.
I read a lot of complaints about the grape picking, but I must say I enjoy this event a lot more then the tulips thing. It has more in it and the rea challenge is to use the energy wisely. It's so tempting to do all the other things, but I only collect crops and eggs when all grape-things are done and I still have some enery left.
I can't wait to see the cat and dog in my land.

pigsty13
06-17-15, 03:35 AM
Few corks for me too.

Anaboe
06-17-15, 05:07 AM

There was as much rating about the Pyre-festival as there is about this one. The Pyre-tent was ugly with the green ooze, and dropped nothing besides coins. The rest of the items were just decoration. So no, this event isn 't worse, in fact, it's better. To me, the Haloween-event was the best, even with the corn... There the adventures dropped bats and ghosts, now only grapes.

The Pyre-event however, was indeed great, and worth repeating in a different form.

And yes I like World-events, both here as in DS. You'r not alone, but you sure don't speak for everyone. :) And yes, I'm also a long term player, just a little shorter than you. For me, I don't care about expansions, I haven't even fully expanded yet, so new expansions are just going on the list "maybe, someday". We all have different playing styles. :)

Ow, and I love multiple-drop-buildings. It is saving a lot of energy, so yes, I do want my Vineyard to be lvl 10.

ShibuyaCloth
06-17-15, 05:13 AM
Few corks for me too.

I would like to trade some barrels with you. I have a gap of 20 now. It was worth in the past.

Anaboe
06-17-15, 05:23 AM
Thank you SpiritWind, but it is 100% sure now:

It is impossible to finish all goals without spending gems, even if you are attached to your device.

For days, since "a Mothers concern" popped up in my goal book, I've put a timer on every 3 hours (yes, last days even at night) and I still only have:
* lvl 8 Vineyard
* 17 corks
* 29 barrels
* 12 hours to finish "a Mothers concern"

That's 4 collections, giving at most 12 items, while I need at least 14.

So yes, I feel *****ed and being lied too - again.

You know what's worse? I helped S8 taken almost 800 gems from me, and got merely a "Thank you for your e-mail in return". But when I'm being lied too, there's nothing I can do.

So that's 7 days of non-stop collecting, and still it is not enough to get the goal. It's not the missed out reward I'm curious about, it's the impossible goal. Only with information from others (like myself) I could have known how to play the game and reach all goals.

Tho I comfort myself bij saying that my failure helped others, it's a bad design if you coun't reach goals due to the design...

nightmare325
06-17-15, 05:49 AM
Maybe they did something about the mini-goals....i had street smarts & i got grapes together, but realitivly easy to accomplish (except levevling up, of course). When i finally hit level 7, only preparing to serve came up...knock on wood. I have stareted it, but am holding out finishing the cows in hopes that this mothers concern thing doesnt launch. BUT... I have 3 barrels & 18 corks...i just received 2 more corks on the same collection...again; i do hope this evens out a bit. On another note...i did the skunk pie thing & am hoping for the last pie beore its too late. I had 3 and only 2 of the 5 collections since purchase have actually had a skunkpie....and the goal will end in the middle of my night, as usual. Hopefully they allow me to recoup a few gems & offer up my last skunkpie in the morning.
I do want to say thank you to spiritwind & everyone who works so hard at helping us out

nightmare325
06-17-15, 06:00 AM
Sorry...one more thing...for everyone still working on the grape harvest for the kitty... I took good advice from this forum and put in additional farmhouses. I think i have 12. The strawberries are really a waste of energy, and the farmhouse is a very long wait for what you get. I stopped collecting from almost everything else to be sure i collected from the farmhouses as much as possible. I also work, and have limited playtime...but the grapes racked up fast this way. So, with 12 days left, i think you still have plenty of time. : )

Liloze
06-17-15, 06:23 AM
There was as much rating about the Pyre-festival as there is about this one. The Pyre-tent was ugly with the green ooze, and dropped nothing besides coins. The rest of the items were just decoration. So no, this event isn 't worse, in fact, it's better. To me, the Haloween-event was the best, even with the corn... There the adventures dropped bats and ghosts, now only grapes.

The Pyre-event however, was indeed great, and worth repeating in a different form.

And yes I like World-events, both here as in DS. You'r not alone, but you sure don't speak for everyone. :) And yes, I'm also a long term player, just a little shorter than you. For me, I don't care about expansions, I haven't even fully expanded yet, so new expansions are just going on the list "maybe, someday". We all have different playing styles. :)

Ow, and I love multiple-drop-buildings. It is saving a lot of energy, so yes, I do want my Vineyard to be lvl 10.

As I said before, to each their own liking. I am not ranting, I am simply giving my opinion like everyone here! And I was not comparing this event to any other.

Also, I am not speaking for ALL players! If you read attentively, I wrote MOST of us are bored collecting collecting and doing nothing else!

Yes some events were very good, where did I deny this fact?

And if you read my other posts, I said there should be more creativity to thsese events than collecting 24/7 !
It gets tedious. If all future events will be based on collecting, thanks but no thanks! Others might LOVE it I certainly won't.

I played DS for gems, did not like it at all. Again to each their own ;)

I as well like Multiple drops from buildings! Who doesn't? :D
I was refering to how much I am being bored by not caring if I reach level 10 or not,
because my corks / barrels drop rate is simply ridiculous!

And finally Good luck and have fun ;)

Anaboe
06-17-15, 07:42 AM
I wasn't attacking you, I was merely disagreeing with you on "most players are bored collecting" :) I can't know, but I like guaranteed drops like the grapes from farm-houses far better then random drops like corks and barrels. Collecting is easy, it just takes dedication and time, but those drops? They require luck. And since I'm not that lucky often, it's hard. Harder than collecting.

Just by regularly collecting from my 10 (not that excessive, now is it?) farm-houses, Ivy's hut, Summer Gazebo, 4 Taverns, Old Thomas House, and Harvest Pergola a few times a day, I managed to get the kitten a few days ago - while I'm still on lvl 7 of the Vineyard, missing out on the "A Mothers Concern"-reward (the cork I'm so short of!).

So I don't know about others, but I'd rather have franticly collecting, than be depended on random drops :)

Wonkaland99
06-17-15, 07:42 AM
One piece of information missing from the hugely useful first page is the.number of corks/barrels dropping from the vineyard at Level 9. Is it still 3 or does it go up to 4? I had budgeted for 6 visits a day, but a lot of days it's only 5. If the drop rate goes up at Level 9 I'll be fine, but if not I might have to try harder!

Incidentally I'm one of the lucky ones, with the cork to barrel ratio around 1:1 almost all the time so far.

mreames
06-17-15, 08:00 AM
I will know the answer to your level 9 question in about 45 minutes or so, depending on if I'm right there when it's ready. Lol it'll be my first collection from level 9. :) I suspect it will remain at 3 but hoping to be wrong. ;)

One piece of information missing from the hugely useful first page is the.number of corks/barrels dropping from the vineyard at Level 9. Is it still 3 or does it go up to 4? I had budgeted for 6 visits a day, but a lot of days it's only 5. If the drop rate goes up at Level 9 I'll be fine, but if not I might have to try harder!

Incidentally I'm one of the lucky ones, with the cork to barrel ratio around 1:1 almost all the time so far.

Liloze
06-17-15, 08:00 AM
I wasn't attacking you, I was merely disagreeing with you on "most players are bored collecting" :) I can't know, but I like guaranteed drops like the grapes from farm-houses far better then random drops like corks and barrels. Collecting is easy, it just takes dedication and time, but those drops? They require luck. And since I'm not that lucky often, it's hard. Harder than collecting.

Just by regularly collecting from my 10 (not that excessive, now is it?) farm-houses, Ivy's hut, Summer Gazebo, 4 Taverns, Old Thomas House, and Harvest Pergola a few times a day, I managed to get the kitten a few days ago - while I'm still on lvl 7 of the Vineyard, missing out on the "A Mothers Concern"-reward (the cork I'm so short of!).

So I don't know about others, but I'd rather have franticly collecting, than be depended on random drops :)

I know you weren't attacking me lol :)
Sorry if my post sounded as such, I was merely answering your points, so that no misunderstanding occurs :)

I am in the same boat pertaining to the level 7 vineyard, missing on Mother's Concern goal - ends in 2 days for me-, and still needing 6 corks and 4 barrels to reach level 8 lol :)
So all I can do is laugh about it. ;)

I will get my kitty tomorrow, or day after at the most, am not worried about the kitty goal, made plenty of farmhouses :)
For me the repetitive collection is sleep inducing :) I feel like I want to go to sleep lol :D

I was thinking why S8 did not give us the opportunity to make the corks and barrels for instance!
Aside from collecting from farmhouses, that is.

Using wood, glue, water, iron etc..we could have had much more fun and balanced the not so balanced drop rates :)
That would have been fun and really a good way to get rid of stock !

I guess S8 wants us counting on random drops, you know, speeding with gems or even buying the Corks/Barrels that is money for them :)

mreames
06-17-15, 08:54 AM
I can confirm that at level 9, the corks and barrels remain at 3 drops.

I will know the answer to your level 9 question in about 45 minutes or so, depending on if I'm right there when it's ready. Lol it'll be my first collection from level 9. :) I suspect it will remain at 3 but hoping to be wrong. ;)

litab16
06-17-15, 09:07 AM
I can confirm that the drop rate for barrels is not fixed. I am about 16 hours from the drop dead time for Street Smarts (level 7) and I'm still only getting barrels every third or fourth time. Just got some more cork, no barrels.

Wonkaland99
06-17-15, 09:49 AM
I can confirm that at level 9, the corks and barrels remain at 3 drops.

Thanks for that. Now where's my alarm clock?

dyl625
06-17-15, 09:50 AM
30 corks 13 barrels and still at level 6! I have over 4000 grapes.

Aggwynn
06-17-15, 10:39 AM
Is there anybody else shivering at the sight of this goal? Mother's Concern in my mind goes straight to Mother's Mercy. And since Sunday evening that equals trauma. Be still my heart. :o

"Snow! =(" was a response to CharmOfLea :)

daddyoooz
06-17-15, 10:42 AM
Possible this corrective detail has been noted but not yet updated by SW... the last split of goals occurs after completion of step 8... generating step 9 dialogue and placing an unstarted step 10 in the goal list. Step 10 can remain unstarted as long as u do not manually start the dialogue, collect from a bandit adventure or raise Mom's house to lvl 9.

It is then easy to finish step 9 and generate dialogue to step 11. (And step 10 7-day window for completion can still be unstarted.)

tigarlilyvol
06-17-15, 10:45 AM
"Snow! =(" was a response to CharmOfLea :)

Thank goodness, I pulled my Winter White Christmas tree out of storage since it was the closest thing to snow I could find. Since I had 3 I decided to chop one and to my surprise I got an expansion permit. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

mreames
06-17-15, 10:49 AM
It actually has been noted by SW on the 1st page by way of quotes. :) between step 7 and 8. ;)

Possible this corrective detail has been noted but not yet updated by SW... the last split of goals occurs after completion of step 8... generating step 9 dialogue and placing an unstarted step 10 in the goal list. Step 10 can remain unstarted as long as u do not manually start the dialogue, collect from a bandit adventure or raise Mom's house to lvl 9.

It is then easy to finish step 9 and generate dialogue to step 11. (And step 10 7-day window for completion can still be unstarted.)

jaymieb2
06-17-15, 11:09 AM
BTW I like grapes and decided not to ruin them for myself. So on the second event's day I stored all my farmhouses. Took the chance of collecting only from the grape press, vineyard and adventures. I've been upgrading the vineyard as soon as possible to take advantage of the increased drops. My numbers predict I'll get the cat with a few days to spare. The side timed goals provide an unnoticeable advantage, I can't care less about them. Still they worked out for me.

I relied heavily on my two farm houses for the first 200 grapes, then collected from them fairly regularly, but when my vineyard reached level 7, I realized that the energy was better spent elsewhere. Just upgraded to level 8! All I need is four collections per day to hit the goal of 4000 grapes! Going to try for more, though, to get corks and barrels... I still hope to upgrade to level 10 by the end of the event!

Level 8 - 16 corks, no barrels! :-)

burritosprings
06-17-15, 11:13 AM
1% left then we are all in the Doghouse.

AnniePMH
06-17-15, 11:18 AM
1% left then we are all in the Doghouse.

Lololol!:D

tigarlilyvol
06-17-15, 11:26 AM
Woof Woof

kittensabc
06-17-15, 11:55 AM
The Dog Barrel House is pretty cute!

madeinseattle
06-17-15, 12:13 PM
YAY. Just got the doghouse...fingers crossed I have something to put in it before this event is over. :)

aroara
06-17-15, 12:22 PM
I was sure i had enough time to complete mothers concern i had 1 day left and then my timer jumped ahead to 12 hrs left and i will sadly now not be able to complete this. It opened along with the timed goal before it to get to lv 7. Which in my opinion should not have happened :(. Has anyone else had there clocks jump ahead ?? Or did i just imagine this ??

mreames
06-17-15, 12:56 PM
YAY. Just got the doghouse...fingers crossed I have something to put in it before this event is over. :)

How much is that doggie in the window.... The one with the waggly tail... ;) old song lol

madeinseattle
06-17-15, 01:08 PM
How much is that doggie in the window.... The one with the wiggly tail... ;) old song lol

Yes..I have heard that song before..lol..he won't be worth nothing if we don't get him..:)

Rosethornshurt
06-17-15, 01:54 PM
I was sure i had enough time to complete mothers concern i had 1 day left and then my timer jumped ahead to 12 hrs left and i will sadly now not be able to complete this. It opened along with the timed goal before it to get to lv 7. Which in my opinion should not have happened :(. Has anyone else had there clocks jump ahead ?? Or did i just imagine this ??

This morning my Daily Trade: Grapes went from 22 hrs to 16 hrs in the time it took me to check my inventory on the needed items. That was maybe 2 minutes tops, not no 6 hrs!
I've had it go both ways, usually after that thieving knight rides through with his "Loading" banner. A few days ago he took off with my brand new baby black pig I bought. Never even had the chance to feed the poor thing. So I sent my knights after that roaming bandit and they brought me back a USDA upgraded Albino pig. Made me feel a bit better but I don't trust knights on horses. :mad:

MusicMeow6
06-17-15, 02:19 PM
I am having the hardest time with getting corks! I need 5 more to upgrade my Vineyard to level 7. I only have 10 hours left on my "Street Smarts" mission and I've resorted to setting an alarm for when it's time to collect from the Vineyard so I don't forget! Is there any other way to get them that I'm missing (minus buying them with gems)?

I've noticed that sometimes when I've collected from the Vineyard it drops nothing but grapes. Which is strange since you've said that Vineyards past level 4 will always drop at least 2 things!

After looking through how many corks I'll need to finish "A Mother's Concern" and Time to Celebrate I'm worried I won't make it! Any help would be beyond welcome!!

Thanks =)

camber16
06-17-15, 02:22 PM
Rrrrrrraaaaaaarrrrrrr I just lost a bunch of gems thanks to my fat fingers on my mobile screen.
I now have an extra hearty feast I don't need.
*sighs and goes back to collecting grapes*

Berry_Land22
06-17-15, 02:28 PM
Lololol!:D

Got to dog house it's just to cute!! I'm a little worried about the billion grape to get the pug:eek: I've never been let down in Dragon Story on getting the last community goal just keeping my fingers crossed that we all won't be crying for the little doggie in the window!

Rosethornshurt
06-17-15, 02:32 PM
I got a kitty!
I got a kitty!
I am so happy!
I got a kitty!
Of course, my vineyard is stuck at lvl 7 with 11 barrels and 28 corks.
But hey.. I got a kitty! I got a kitty!
Good Luck All! :D

redgirl2882
06-17-15, 03:08 PM
As you can see this is my very first post to the forum

Hello everyone *waves maniacally* :D

I will confess to being a lurker, I discovered the forum earlier this year and read every post when an event is going on. It has gotten me out of a few potentially sticky situations.

I have absolutely nothing of merit to contribute, but wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who has posted '*****s', info, advice and often hilarious comments for all of us clueless players. I'm lagging behind on grapes and have been stuck at level 4 on my vineyard for a few days while I build up enough to level up speedily. You guys have all been so helpful and *mostly* kind to each other (I'm incredibly sarcastic and pedantic by nature so do pick up on the little digs here and there ;) lol).
By keeping up with you all I am hopeful that I will finish in time but if not c'est la vie. I'll just come here, read a few more of your posts and I'm sure that'll bring me down from the ledge :rolleyes: hehe.

Massive thanks again to all of you lovely people :* MWAH

Emma xxxx

burritosprings
06-17-15, 03:26 PM

I will confess to being a lurker, I discovered the forum earlier this year and read every post when an event is going on. It has gotten me out of a few potentially sticky situations.

I have absolutely nothing of merit to contribute, but wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who has posted '*****s', info, advice and often hilarious comments for all of us clueless players. I'm lagging behind on grapes and have been stuck at level 4 on my vineyard for a few days while I build up enough to level up speedily. You guys have all been so helpful and *mostly* kind to each other (I'm incredibly sarcastic and pedantic by nature so do pick up on the little digs here and there ;) lol).
By keeping up with you all I am hopeful that I will finish in time but if not c'est la vie. I'll just come here, read a few more of your posts and I'm sure that'll bring me down from the ledge :rolleyes: hehe.

Emma xxxx

Welcome Friend!!

tuffyjkitten
06-17-15, 03:36 PM
Hi redgirl2882! I was just coming here to post my own thank you message.

:D THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED INFO ABOUT THE SPLIT GOALS! :D

Because of reading your posts I was able to make a plan and stick to it. I just now got the last barrel I needed and was able to upgrade from level 4 to 7 and finish the Street Smarts goal in about 5 minutes flat. Woo!

Am now working on I Got Grapes, waiting for my adventure to return. And in exactly 100 grapes I get a kitty! It's a good day in my kingdom due to the thoughtfulness of others on this forum. Have a great day! :)

anne202b
06-17-15, 03:41 PM
I got a kitty!
I got a kitty!
I am so happy!
I got a kitty!
Of course, my vineyard is stuck at lvl 7 with 11 barrels and 28 corks.
But hey.. I got a kitty! I got a kitty!
Good Luck All! :D

I'm sharing in your excitement!!! Woot! Woot! Congratulations! I just got my kitty, too!! Almost at Level 8. Will keep collecting those yummy grapes for the community goal. I soooo want that doggie!! :) Good luck, everyone!!

lovecaitcait
06-17-15, 04:00 PM

Emma xxxx

Yay welcome! I'm pretty new too and like you used to be quite the lurker, these forums are so helpful! But finally I decided it was time to contribute or at least share my experiences, good for you deciding to do the same!!

Anaboe
06-17-15, 05:14 PM
I am having the hardest time with getting corks! I need 5 more to upgrade my Vineyard to level 7. I only have 10 hours left on my "Street Smarts" mission and I've resorted to setting an alarm for when it's time to collect from the Vineyard so I don't forget! Is there any other way to get them that I'm missing (minus buying them with gems)?
No, there's no other way than the drops of the Vineyard, sadly.

I've noticed that sometimes when I've collected from the Vineyard it drops nothing but grapes. Which is strange since you've said that Vineyards past level 4 will always drop at least 2 things!
Please, before next collection, please note the amount of corks and barrels you have, and if you are 100% sure you didn't get 2 corks/barrels, mail Storm8 as soon as possible and make a clear note about this on the forum. If you know how to make and upload pictures of it, please do so too (tho it's not that helpfull, for it doesn't show the time), but be sure you note the time of your collection. Perhaps a Storm8-memeber can help you.

Myself, I'm struggling with uneven drops too: I have 23 corks, and 33 barrels... In totall of all my drops, 51.20% were barrels, and 48.8% were corks. Not that much of a difference, but it all adds up. Given the same droprate for the rest of the event, I will be left with 6 more barrels than corks, and I will have to do at max 12 more collections than I had to do minimum.

Ah well, we'll see :) Still 12 days to go, and 37 collections at max (given that, at lvl 8, there's always atleast 1 cork, but I'm not sure of that). IF I had to collect 24 hours a day, I could do it in 4.6 days - but I'm forseeing a LOT of players who don't make it to lvl 10...

Question to all:
Does everybody get atleast 1 cork and 1 barrel from lvl 8 and up?

ladyperidot
06-17-15, 05:17 PM
I'm sharing in your excitement!!! Woot! Woot! Congratulations! I just got my kitty, too!! Almost at Level 8. Will keep collecting those yummy grapes for the community goal. I soooo want that doggie!! :) Good luck, everyone!!

I'm also a member of the kitty owner club! Think I'll cat it Chardonnay.

mreames
06-17-15, 06:01 PM
Throughout getting to level 9 and since, I've never received 3 of any one thing. Always at least one of each.

Please, before next collection, please note the amount of corks and barrels you have, and if you are 100% sure you didn't get 2 corks/barrels, mail Storm8 as soon as possible and make a clear note about this on the forum. If you know how to make and upload pictures of it, please do so too (tho it's not that helpfull, for it doesn't show the time), but be sure you note the time of your collection. Perhaps a Storm8-memeber can help you.

Myself, I'm struggling with uneven drops too: I have 23 corks, and 33 barrels... In totall of all my drops, 51.20% were barrels, and 48.8% were corks. Not that much of a difference, but it all adds up. Given the same droprate for the rest of the event, I will be left with 6 more barrels than corks, and I will have to do at max 12 more collections than I had to do minimum.

Ah well, we'll see :) Still 12 days to go, and 37 collections at max (given that, at lvl 8, there's always atleast 1 cork, but I'm not sure of that). IF I had to collect 24 hours a day, I could do it in 4.6 days - but I'm forseeing a LOT of players who don't make it to lvl 10...

Question to all:

Seriously700
06-17-15, 06:25 PM
I finally reached 2500 grapes. It shows that the current gem cost for the cat is 7200 gems!!! How outrageous! That's almost 5 gems per grape. Hard to believe that too many folks would spend gems/money given that pricing. Even if you just needed 100 grapes, that would cost almost 500 gems.

Maybe it's just a way to manipulate the pricing so they can make lots of sales of a cash-only package with corks, barrels and 100 grapes. Then they can say the price is discounted 90%.

Simdiva
06-17-15, 06:33 PM
Just finished mothers concern but had to gem up As I ran into a cork sludge and would have missed it otherwise. I had been fairly evenly split until I hit level eight then it was nothing but two vp corks and one barrel all the waupy to the point that the three day window I had was not achievable; more than a tad upsetting. However since I had spent the coin long ago, I was loath to waste it so I dished out the few gems to get to level nine. On the bright side, I should have my kitty tonight or tomorrow even tho I put my farmhouse away days ago and now only relying on grape drops elsewhere. I'm not picking up my mad hers drops as much either as I don't need water or purple.petals lol! I have also thoroughly enjoyed everyone else's posts and at least this event did not cause my device to go sidewise which apparently appended on the summer gazebo. I stupidly sunk a lot of money into that but at least I finished it!

butterfly_25
06-17-15, 06:46 PM
I am also having trouble with corks. I got my first one in two days(!) a few hours ago. Now I just got a second. I have 3 days left on street smarts. For barrels vs corks I'm at 25 vs 2.

Simdiva
06-17-15, 06:59 PM
Actually it's a lot more than 500 gems to buy, I'm at 3758 now (was at 2500 a couple days ago, but jumped quickly after getting to level 7)! Mine currently shows a cost of 1238 gems lol

Sorry missed the quote but it's two up if anyone is confused.

luna2cute
06-17-15, 07:32 PM
I don't know, while I like to think most people on these forums are having fun, everyone needs a safe place to vent about life's little frustrations. Who else would understand these specific grumblings? If I had a friend who wanted to vent about a mean boss or bad date, I wouldn't be much of a friend if I didn't hear them out. Sure, if it happens all the time I'd advise them to get a new job or date different people, but most people here just express frustration once or twice about their 15th cork in a row or whatever. Anyway, if people want to vent a little I'll be sympathetic.

ok, I like your outlook. I shall be more accepting of my fellow CS friends. Thanks for sharing the love. <3

luna2cute
06-17-15, 07:51 PM
Rrrrrrraaaaaaarrrrrrr I just lost a bunch of gems thanks to my fat fingers on my mobile screen.
I now have an extra hearty feast I don't need.
*sighs and goes back to collecting grapes*

i have SO done this too, but sadly on a tablet not a small phone. That's when you feel extra silly. At least you have an excuse. ;)

dangerb0y
06-17-15, 07:54 PM
Last I checked I had 12 more corks than barrels.

Somehow my "Mothers Concern" (level 9) quest triggered without me completing my level 7 upgrade quest. So I was unable to upgrade to level 7 earlier today before the quest timed out, and I won't be close to finishing "mothers concern" when it closes in 12 hours.

It doesn't make sense that they ran the quests at the same time.

dangerb0y
06-17-15, 08:17 PM
Just produced milk from my cat. Can't help but wonder if this a Meet the Parents reference.

If possible S8, could you guys post a video on how to milk a cat? :p

Berry_Land22
06-17-15, 09:50 PM
Annie, did the Vineyard Estate change appearance after level 8?

My vineyard estate is at level 9, no change from level 8. I've compared my estate to Stormy's (level 10) and after squinty eyed scrutiny have seen no changes from level 8-10. That should be a relief to those who don't make it to level 10!;)

AnniePMH
06-18-15, 12:41 AM
I think I posted pics on these versions of the Estate somewhere in the thread, and as I remember it, reached the same conclusion: the lev 8-10 Estates look the same:)

chaben7
06-18-15, 01:32 AM
help, help, my vineyards been washed away on a sea of wine, all those barrels, so few corks, how can I stop the flow

seriously TL, on a timed event surely you can get the drop rate to be more even

ToshiNoMiya
06-18-15, 01:41 AM
Yes, it is optional and whether you make the timer or not, you will still have an opportunity to reach level 10. :)
Plenty of us won't make level 9 in time.

Thank you for clarifying that for me; I'll give it a try then - though the drop rates really could do with some improvements; just 2 or three, if that many, in a combination of barrels and corks at Level 8 seems a bit stingy...

ToshiNoMiya
06-18-15, 02:06 AM
I'm somewhat surprised the cat drops milk, any cat I've ever know - which is quite a few ;) - has WANTED milk, NOT wanting to give it. :P

Just produced milk from my cat. Can't help but wonder if this a Meet the Parents reference.

If possible S8, could you guys post a video on how to milk a cat? :p

Anaboe
06-18-15, 02:13 AM
I finally reached 2500 grapes. It shows that the current gem cost for the cat is 7200 gems!!! How outrageous! That's almost 5 gems per grape. Hard to believe that too many folks would spend gems/money given that pricing. Even if you just needed 100 grapes, that would cost almost 500 gems.

Maybe it's just a way to manipulate the pricing so they can make lots of sales of a cash-only package with corks, barrels and 100 grapes. Then they can say the price is discounted 90%.

I doubt anyone is deliberately buying grapes for gems, it's far too easy to get them (farmhouses are cheap, and drop 1 every 10 minutes), and I think S8 is making grapes for gems deliberately expensive to encourage everyone to play - not to buy stuff for gems. Besides, it's far, far more value for bucks if you speed the Vineyard...

I'm somewhat surprised the cat drops milk, any cat I've ever know - which is quite a few ;) - has WANTED milk, NOT wanting to give it. :P

Maybe the kitten stole some milk and is showing remorse by giving it back? Or do I give too much credit to cats now? ;)

lubok
06-18-15, 04:40 AM
I am also having trouble with corks. I got my first one in two days(!) a few hours ago. Now I just got a second. I have 3 days left on street smarts. For barrels vs corks I'm at 25 vs 2.
Now I have the barrels excess too. Just have upgraded my vineyard to level 7, and of 15 items needed for level 8 upgrade, I had 10 barrels and no corks left. Having collected first time from my level 7 now I have 12/0. But in the beginning, the situation was quite on the contrary! I got my first barrel after 5 or 6 corks, and that excess remained until level 4 or 5 vineyard. But then, everything's changed! My case shows that those corks and barrels are just the matter of chance.

kingdomgirl1234
06-18-15, 04:50 AM
I got three barrels when I collected from my level 8 , Was really happy because I was really cork heavy.
But I got my kitty on both games today, yeah. Sooooo cute. Worth all that boring collecting. Will keep collecting for the community event although I put 5/10 farmhouses into storage.
Managed to go straight from level 4 to 8 with one game. Was short on barrels but used the prizes to get the 50 needed. Still haven't triggered the timed goals but expect to when I collect from my adventure. Still 7 days to level up from 8 to 9 seems doable. Thanks everyone for your tips. Really helped out. Waiting on one cork for my other game to do the same thing. I'm barrel heavy on that one. Wish I could trade between my two games.
Hopefully everyone will get the Kitty and we get the dog too. Even if we don't mangage to reach level 10 I will be happy with those two prizes. Also lower level vineyard looks better than the level 10 one. For some reason it looks smaller when it's finished. Weird or what"happy harvesting to all

Question to all:

amerirish
06-18-15, 06:16 AM

All joking aside, cats are actually lactose intolerant so I never understood where the old saucer of milk came from. Trust me, you do not want to give a cat anything dairy (pwhew!) :D

Hope everyone is doing well & collecting lots of grapes!

mreames
06-18-15, 07:31 AM
Intentionally triggered a mother's concern on 2nd account last night and was happy to get my prize cork today. ;) level 10 or bust now on both accounts. :)

Liloze
06-18-15, 08:18 AM
Anyone having problems logging into S8 games and then repeating actions again and again as if looping ?
Since yesterday morning I am having this problem!
Sadly I got the usual S8 response they looked into MY account and all seems fine, while it is OBVIOUS their servers are overloaded, and out of synch with the games!
I am afraid to touch anything in my games, because I don't know when I will be kicked out and lose everything I did let alone energy!
If this continues s8 won't see my plastic and I will be leaving a very "Nice comment and rating" for their games:mad:

anurulz
06-18-15, 08:47 AM
29 barrels : 9 corks...i have a flood of wine leaking from open barrels on my level 7 vineyard!!!

dangerb0y
06-18-15, 09:01 AM

I wish I had a barrel problem

Wonkaland99
06-18-15, 09:30 AM
Should get the cat soon, and probably the dog at the end, but the problem is where to keep them safe! I am a responsible pet owner, so I need someone reliable to look after them, and not have them wandering all over the place.
Old Thomas is clearly too busy. Ivy has her hands full with Pepe. Thurston is brave but scatterbrained, and I haven't looked into the future, so I don't know if Kaz can be trusted.
That leaves Sabina. She may be royal, but she needs to help out after all I've done for her. I just hope I'm making the right choice.

camber16
06-18-15, 10:20 AM
Maybe it's throwing it up due to a lactose intolerance ;)

madeinseattle
06-18-15, 10:22 AM
Intentionally triggered a mother's concern on 2nd account last night and was happy to get my prize cork today. ;) level 10 or bust now on both accounts. :)

Congrats!! :)

luna2cute
06-18-15, 11:59 AM
Maybe it's throwing it up due to a lactose intolerance ;)

Now that's a creatively inventive drop - vomited cows milk from a thieving lactose intolerant cat.

Yum.

Rosethornshurt
06-18-15, 12:27 PM
Its a brilliant idea but i doubt it will happen..in fact am expecting a "bundle" by next thursday for corks/barrels costing actual money..

Ding! Ding! Ding! And the prize goes to anurulz for hitting the nail on the head!

DrP4ever
06-18-15, 12:32 PM
It would be awesome if the adventure dropped barrels and corks instead of grapes only!

katbtodd
06-18-15, 12:33 PM

Here is where my count sets ,
Think I can make it with out buying the value pack

55lee55
06-18-15, 12:45 PM
Should get the cat soon, and probably the dog at the end, but the problem is where to keep them safe! I am a responsible pet owner, so I need someone reliable to look after them, and not have them wandering all over the place.
Old Thomas is clearly too busy. Ivy has her hands full with Pepe. Thurston is brave but scatterbrained, and I haven't looked into the future, so I don't know if Kaz can be trusted.
That leaves Sabina. She may be royal, but she needs to help out after all I've done for her. I just hope I'm making the right choice.

Don't worry, if you get Chartreux you will get a repurposed wine barrel bed for her. If we get the dog (which we will as I have never seen a community event that doesn't give away all the community prizes) we get a doghouse for him. Both will stay where you put them as they are well trained and know who feeds them.

All you have to do is pet them once in a while and they will give you milk and maybe something else if you have room in your storage.

Good Luck!

Liloze
06-18-15, 12:47 PM

Here is where my count sets ,
Think I can make it with out buying the value pack

Here's where my count sets,
9 hours left on the counter to reach level 9
Think I cannot make it even with buying the value pack lol :)

mreames
06-18-15, 12:55 PM
Congrats!! :)

Thanks sweetie :)

mreames
06-18-15, 01:00 PM
Aha, but buying 3 packages would do it! Lmao while it would work, I'm totally just kidding! No way would I do that just to get one cork. ;)

Here's where my count sets,
9 hours left on the counter to reach level 9
Think I cannot make it even with buying the value pack lol :)

Liloze
06-18-15, 01:03 PM
Aha, but buying 3 packages would do it! Lmao while it would work, I'm totally just kidding! No way would I do that just to get one cork. ;)

Absolutely not lol ;)

mybunnytail
06-18-15, 01:09 PM
This uneven drop of corks and barrels is just uncalled for I have less than three hrs to level vineyard to 7 and finish street smarts and I have 28 corks and 14 barrels.

Karch66
06-18-15, 01:21 PM
I have the Vineyard Estate upgraded to level 8. Unless I'm missing something...without buying gems, how is it possible to get enough corks and barrels to upgrade to level 10 before this event ends? The Vineyard Estate drops every 3 hours and the Roaming Bandits quest only finishes once per day. Where else can I get barrels and corks??? HELP!!!!

mreames
06-18-15, 01:40 PM
Assuming you need 70 corks and 70 barrels for a total of 140 parts, divided by 3 parts per collection, you probably need to be collecting from it 5 times a day the rest of the way.

I have the Vineyard Estate upgraded to level 8. Unless I'm missing something...without buying gems, how is it possible to get enough corks and barrels to upgrade to level 10 before this event ends? The Vineyard Estate drops every 3 hours and the Roaming Bandits quest only finishes once per day. Where else can I get barrels and corks??? HELP!!!!

meme1098
06-18-15, 01:51 PM
This uneven drop of corks and barrels is just uncalled for I have less than three hrs to level vineyard to 7 and finish street smarts and I have 28 corks and 14 barrels.

Ain't that the truth! I started out with a barrel shortage & now I'm stuck because of a cork shortage!?! 20 barrels to 11 corks. If I don't make it to level 10 (& it's not happening for me for sure), I'm not stressing over it since the drops are pretty much everything I'm maxed on 90% of the time anyway. No gemming in my realm.

kittensabc
06-18-15, 01:55 PM
Ain't that the truth! I started out with a barrel shortage & now I'm stuck because of a cork shortage!?! 20 barrels to 11 corks. If I don't make it to level 10 (& it's not happening for me for sure), I'm not stressing over it since the drops are pretty much everything I'm maxed on 90% of the time anyway. No gemming in my realm.

I've never gemmed anything in either of my realms, but limited time buildings is about the only thing I would be willing to gem for. The completionist inside me wouldn't let a building sit unfinished. :p

mybunnytail
06-18-15, 02:07 PM
Reading thru all these great posts I really wish there was a like button!!!!!!

mreames
06-18-15, 02:38 PM
Ok, I won't go back and dig out my prediction that some who were short on one thing would later be short on the other.. ;)

missmelodiewhite
06-18-15, 02:53 PM
Ok I've a question.

I sent the 6 skunkupies to Belladonna before the timer ran out but I did not collect it yet. The goal did not complete even though it was for sending and not for collecting... Am I somehow out of luck or will the 20 gems still be a reward for collecting? Idk if that made any sense or not, LOL

CLOVERKAITO
06-18-15, 04:14 PM
Sorry if it has been asked before, it's difficult to read 148+ pages of posts when I work almost 60 hours / week nowadays.

I'm maxed on royal blocks since ages ago and I'm stuck at the goal where I need to craft two of them. Is there something you recommend that I could buy to use up some royal blocks so that I could craft more? I can't upgrade vineyard since (it's only level 5 now) I'm reeeeally short on corks :( I even had to resort to buying 20 gems a couple days ago for Ivy's Bakery since I have so little time to play now :( I'm almost ashamed of doing my very first gem purchase because I didn't have time to play :(

burritosprings
06-18-15, 04:19 PM
Sorry if it has been asked before, it's difficult to read 148+ pages of posts when I work almost 60 hours / week nowadays.

I'm maxed on royal blocks since ages ago and I'm stuck at the goal where I need to craft two of them. Is there something you recommend that I could buy to use up some royal blocks so that I could craft more? I can't upgrade vineyard since (it's only level 5 now) I'm reeeeally short on corks :( I even had to resort to buying 20 gems a couple days ago for Ivy's Bakery since I have so little time to play now :(

Check out Step 8 on post one.. there is listing of how to dump them

burritosprings
06-18-15, 04:23 PM
Ok I've a question.

I sent the 6 skunkupies to Belladonna before the timer ran out but I did not collect it yet. The goal did not complete even though it was for sending and not for collecting... Am I somehow out of luck or will the 20 gems still be a reward for collecting? Idk if that made any sense or not, LOL

Try the Ivy Bakery update thread for your answer

CLOVERKAITO
06-18-15, 04:27 PM
Check out Step 8 on post one.. there is listing of how to dump them

Oops, totally forgot to read the first post! Thanks, just went and crafted a unicorn statue. Overworking must be throwing me off my gamer senses. Hope I can get enough grapes by the end of the event. Just past 2000 now and work is ridiculously busy :(

Sorry another question... Just wanted to make sure I read the first post correctly, it looks like the Vineyard estate is the only building that will drop corks and barrels, is that correct? And well completing the side goals. Other than that the adventures do NOT drop corks/barrels, correct?

SpiritWind00
06-18-15, 05:12 PM
Oops, totally forgot to read the first post! Thanks, just went and crafted a unicorn statue. Overworking must be throwing me off my gamer senses. Hope I can get enough grapes by the end of the event. Just past 2000 now and work is ridiculously busy :(

Sorry another question... Just wanted to make sure I read the first post correctly, it looks like the Vineyard estate is the only building that will drop corks and barrels, is that correct? And well completing the side goals. Other than that the adventures do NOT drop corks/barrels, correct?

Re vineyard (and yes the goals too) yes that's the only place to get corks and barrels. Adventures DO NOT drop parts...only 13 grapes.

JustKay
06-18-15, 05:21 PM
Lol, must be tiny people inside the Vineyard estate, look at the difference in scale between Castle and Vineyard Estate lev 10...:confused:

Ugh!! S8 have some serious scaling issues. A lot of the recent prizes from events are all a bit out of whack! This is taking it up another notch.

Like the original un-upgraded Vineyard estate actually looked like a decent size and scale to everything else. I would have been happy to have just left it like that, but I went and upgraded it to level 3(4?) and now it's shrunk and looks like a building under construction. Looking at the picture of level 10, it's got another extension\wing so it will get shrunk even more. I'll admit it's a grand looking building but it looks silly next to anything else. The stack of barrels is already over-sized enough with just the original.

Does anybody have snapshots of the in-between states for the building? I'm hoping I can upgrade it just once more and get a nice looking building that isn't squished so tiny to fit into the plot.

macdonald
06-18-15, 05:24 PM
Reading thru all these great posts I really wish there was a like button!!!!!!

Agreed, I frequent other forums with the Like feature and it's great.

88silver
06-18-15, 05:30 PM
Does anybody have snapshots of the in-between states for the building? I'm hoping I can upgrade it just once more and get a nice looking building that isn't squished so tiny to fit into the plot.

Unfortunately, there are only three "looks" for the vineyard estate. Levels 1-3 where it's about the size of a farmhouse. Levels 4-7 where it looks like it's under construction. And levels 8-10 where it looks like a mini palace.

JustKay
06-18-15, 05:47 PM
Unfortunately, there are only three "looks" for the vineyard estate. Levels 1-3 where it's about the size of a farmhouse. Levels 4-7 where it looks like it's under construction. And levels 8-10 where it looks like a mini palace.

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll just have to be happy with the abandoned warehouse look. I think scale matters more for me. The hodge podge of decoration\building sizes was one of the key reasons I started feeling like the new items weren't worth working towards and stopped playing regularly.

burritosprings
06-18-15, 05:48 PM
Ugh!! S8 have some serious scaling issues. A lot of the recent prizes from events are all a bit out of whack! This is taking it up another notch.

Like the original un-upgraded Vineyard estate actually looked like a decent size and scale to everything else. I would have been happy to have just left it like that, but I went and upgraded it to level 3(4?) and now it's shrunk and looks like a building under construction. Looking at the picture of level 10, it's got another extension\wing so it will get shrunk even more. I'll admit it's a grand looking building but it looks silly next to anything else. The stack of barrels is already over-sized enough with just the original.

Call me silly but what does matter what it looks like between levels?

mreames
06-18-15, 06:10 PM
I prefer to have a functional building with all of its drops. ;) things can be somewhat isolated to relieve scale issues.

Ash1780
06-18-15, 07:34 PM
I prefer to have a functional building with all of its drops. ;) things can be somewhat isolated to relieve scale issues.

I'm with you on this one
My only (kinda) problem now is that since I hit 4,000 grapes - 2 or 3 days ago - I've (almost) COMPLETELY forgotten about my Vineyard :eek::confused:

Finally got to Level 9 (yay)!!! But was getting 1c/2b - did a hard reboot & am now getting 2c/1b & wishing, hoping, and praying that it stays that way b/c I need 27 barrels & 36 corks to get to Lv10
Of course, if I remembered to collect from it every 3 hours I'd get there much more quickly;)

Have kept 5 farmhouses, 3 grape presses, the Market & the Gazebo to keep collecting from (I'm right around 5k)
Got the doghouse but what's the point of having it w/o the cute lil boxer:rolleyes:;)

And how whacked is it that I want to buy the bundle just in case I'm SUCH a dumb blonde that I keep forgetting to collect from the Vineyard?!? Lmao:D

Luck & Hugs to y'all
Ash *mwah*:D

mreames
06-18-15, 07:52 PM
You should still be able to make it fairly easily, but yes, you have to remember the vineyard first. Lol I do confess, however, that I haven't been setting my timer like I was before. ;)

I'm with you on this one
My only (kinda) problem now is that since I hit 4,000 grapes - 2 or 3 days ago - I've (almost) COMPLETELY forgotten about my Vineyard :eek::confused:

Finally got to Level 9 (yay)!!! But was getting 1c/2b - did a hard reboot & am now getting 2c/1b & wishing, hoping, and praying that it stays that way b/c I need 27 barrels & 36 corks to get to Lv10
Of course, if I remembered to collect from it every 3 hours I'd get there much more quickly;)

Have kept 5 farmhouses, 3 grape presses, the Market & the Gazebo to keep collecting from (I'm right around 5k)
Got the doghouse but what's the point of having it w/o the cute lil boxer:rolleyes:;)

And how whacked is it that I want to buy the bundle just in case I'm SUCH a dumb blonde that I keep forgetting to collect from the Vineyard?!? Lmao:D

Luck & Hugs to y'all
Ash *mwah*:D

anurulz
06-18-15, 07:58 PM
Ding! Ding! Ding! And the prize goes to anurulz for hitting the nail on the head!

Lol!! As expected!! It costs me 300 Indian Rs for this bundle...S8 must be out of its mind to imagine me spending so much...

Rockylandia
06-18-15, 08:05 PM
I agree the scale is really out of whack, but if it's any consolation I think that the ant-people who inhabit the vineyard are slightly larger than the ones who use the jousting arena. I used the hydrangea hedge to separate it from larger buildings, since the stone walls look too large next to it.

clarkstonia
06-18-15, 10:29 PM
What do i do if my building supplies are maxed out so I cannot create royal blocks or beams? I can't even use those for anything that I can create as I'm maxed out on ornate beams and blocks too. Does this mean i cannot continue?

SpiritWind00
06-18-15, 10:33 PM
What do i do if my building supplies are maxed out so I cannot create royal blocks or beams? I can't even use those for anything that I can create as I'm maxed out on ornate beams and blocks too. Does this mean i cannot continue?

Please read post 2 of this thread at step 8... :) lots of suggestions!

Edit to add: You can also (if you haven't reached the limit) buy another observatory or building that uses ornate b&b's up. You will need to be creative! If all else fails, email support and get them to remove a couple for you.